• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I ordered utopic dragon, numeron dragon and s0 zexal

FUCK YEAH
Now you just need the fusion of F0 and Utopic Dragon

ddkckon-e1b605b9-c1e6-4f65-ac83-cb8d4577077e.png

And Utopia Dragner

dejx7km-4636f372-d2ed-4eec-a9e7-1db53c738029.png

LeonLex

Paramount
X-Men 97 just ended and the only thing I was excited about was the MJ and Peter cameo. Good thing I went in blind.
NGL this season felt like the X-Men were cleaning up their own mess. I know I was supposed to feel something here, but all I felt was that humans were kind of right.

X-Men 97 just ended and the only thing I was excited about was the MJ and Peter cameo. Good thing I went in blind.
NGL this season felt like the X-Men were cleaning up their own mess. I know I was supposed to feel something here, but all I felt was that humans were kind of right.

Don't let TvTropes or Twitter hear you say that lol...
But yeah I'm gonna be real, the Humans Supremacists are actually right because yeah, the X-Men this entire season was either cleaning up their messes or was basically used and then blamed for shit they didn't do(The Tri-Sentinel destroying Genosha) or is suffering for the shit they have done without their knowledge(The Prime Sentinels).

But somehow, this is still Humanities' fault and Magneto is still right... despite the fact that he isn't and is even worse than the people he hates.

Cap in Episode 7. While he does have a valid point that Rogue’s Roaring Rampage of Revenge will do more harm than good, he still is incredibly dismissive and apathetic towards her clear grief, claiming “Genosha wasn’t just a mutant tragedy” — even though it largely was and that was an asshole thing to say to someone who suffered it first hand. Cap’s ”by-the-book“ approach to the Sentinel threat and refusal to actively help Rogue apprehend Gyrich in Mexico, because his Captain Patriotic costume “sends a message”, just makes him look obstinate, especially since he could just change into his Nomad persona or put on regular clothes. The fact that most other versions of Cap have bucked the rules for the greater good, didn’t help either.

Bruh, this is the shit you see in TvTropes YMMV for X-Men '97
:jordangif

It tries so hard to pretend Rogue has a point and her throwing his shield into the Mountains made her sympathetic and gave "catharsis" to fans(aka Twitter) despite that:

1. Genosha's destruction isn't JUST a mutant tragedy... and he's completely right. The sheer level of destruction on such a scale would effect everyone in many different ways to the point it would become a straight up nightmare event for everyone. This is like saying Days of Future's Past is just horrific to Mutants when Humans have lost all free will and is basically living like cattle because Sentinels have figured out that Mutants are just Humans at the end of the day.

2. Captain America, regardless of what costume he wears at the current moment, is tied to the AMERICAN GOVERNMENT! As he is a SOLDIER, first and foremost. While comics(and the MCU) have tried heavily to try and pry that away from him, that is literally the very base of his existence. The dude would be well-known and cause an international incident if he tried to pull the shit he did regardless of what codename he rocks this time.

3. What the fuck is he supposed to do against the Sentinels? Destroy them? The only thing anyone knows is that a Tri-Sentinel randomly appeared in Genosha and fucked everyones shit and who knows how that happened(And we ultimately know Bastion did it so it went rogue due a Master Mold/Nimrod combo forced it to), he would go and dismantle the entire Sentinel program? Yeah, I'm sure the American Government and those who fear Mutants would GLADLY like one of their main supers trying to break the program like a neanderthal because of what happened in Genosha...

LeonLex

Paramount
But somehow, this is still Humanities' fault and Magneto is still right... despite the fact that he isn't and is even worse than the people he hates.
Xavier knew about Bastion and decided to just let him be or something idc.

Poor Cap just asked for some time and Rogue decided to repay him by yeeting his shield because he wouldn't bow to the X-Men.
Whatever, it's the same bullshit that somehow allows the Tri-Sentinel to attack Genosha, but can lift huge asteroids around, EMP the planet and somehow reverse EMP it.
That's not how EMPs work. You don't just unfry all the electronics.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

Censorship(Speech, Art, intellectual or any other shit that try to ban something you or someone else could take offense with) will always looks good until it's use against you or your own people.

:eksip and expect your time will always come. Because if they lose the old target they'll always find a new one. And that new one could always be you.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Only when the retards get hurt by their own idiotic decisions, will they finally start to see the errors made(and even then, only kinda. Half the time, they'll blame others rather than themselves). They're all basically the dumbasses who need to get their hands burned on a stove to know you shouldn't put your fucking hand on an active one, instead of being smart enough to tell that doing so is a terrible idea, off-rip, and avoid the burn. :wow

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Far leftism is great for these idiots when it appeals to them and think only white people will be hurt by it. It’s no longer fun once the shit hits the fan and they learn the hard way their not exempt from this ideology

All I have to say to them: Get fucked, you got exactly what you asked for

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

I’m going to last if this game no only flops but we get a sudden rise in sales for Ghost of Tsushima, the game that actually respects Japanese culture

:hestonpls

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Simon basically summed up why this is stupid nicely.

It would be one thing if Ilja got squashed in two minutes by Jey but that is the furthest thing from what happened and other people are just ignoring the position Jey is being booked in right now by just calling him a "tag team guy" and having a kneejerk reaction.

The mere fact that WWE made sure people who hadn't seen NXT knew that Ilja is one of the few people who has beaten Gunther in the past does a lot to protect him going forward. Basically as long as he gets back to winning following this, it isn't going to hinder him much if at all.

Give it a month or two or three for the Sami vs Gable feud to end and I could see Ilja challenging him for the IC title, even if just to spite Gunther who he's already having stare downs with by beating Sami where he couldn't. Gunther then gets his jimmies rustled as a result and this could be the impetuous for the two to have a PLE match at Clash in Berlin/Survivor Series etc.

Point being you'll all get Ilja vs Gunther when they're ready to give you it so hold your chocobos 'til then ya. :mjpls

Last edited:

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

Simon basically summed up why this is stupid nicely.

It would be one thing if Ilja got squashed in two minutes by Jey but that is the furthest thing from what happened and other people are just ignoring the position Jey is being booked in right now by just calling him a "tag team guy" and having a kneejerk reaction.

The mere fact that WWE made sure people who hadn't seen NXT knew that Ilja is one of the few people who has beaten Gunther in the past does a lot to protect him going forward. Basically as long as he gets back to winning following this, it isn't going to hinder him much if at all.

Give it a month or two or three for the Sami vs Gable feud to end and I could see Ilja challenging him for the IC title, even if just to spite Gunther who he's already having stare downs with by beating Sami where he couldn't. Gunther then gets his jimmies rustled as a result and this could be the impetuous for the two to have a PLE match at Clash in Berlin/Survivor Series etc.

Point being you'll all get Ilja vs Gunther when they're ready to give you it so hold your chocobos 'til then ya. :mjpls

Man my nephew just came through and brought this up

He was salty about Dragunov losing too :heston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back