• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
10 Ways the Fallout TV Show Is Better Than the Video Games
10. Better Story Telling: The Fallout Series Is Epic
9. Better Beasts: The Gulper Is Oozing With Personality
8. Deeper Characters: Cooper Howard Is An Introspective Ghoul
7. More Realistic: Nobody Can Carry 30 Guns And A Million Rounds Of Ammo
6. Better Visuals: The Wasteland Has Never Looked So Beautiful
5. More Adult Humor: Maximus Needs A Sex Ed Class
4. More Ambiguity: The Wasteland Is Filled With Frenemies
3. Better Twists: The Story Kept Fans Guessing Until the End
2. Better Supporting Cast: The Show Makes the Most of Lucy's Companions
1. Best Protagonist: Lucy Rules
In video games, players create a character that is infinitely customizable, using the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system to assign points to various attributes like strength and intelligence. Ultimately, however, that character is not as special as Lucy MacLean. The main protagonist of the series, played brilliantly by Ella Purnell, is one of the greatest TV heroes of all time, with more charm, personality, and likability than any created player in the games.

Lucy makes the show the perfect protagonist who is both flawed and strong, anchoring the moral compass in a post-apocalyptic world of filth. Ella Purnell, who was amazing as Jackie Taylor in Yellowjackets, out-amazed herself, bringing pureness and grit to the role, which is a major reason why the series is so incredible. In a video game, the hero is only as good as the player working the thumbsticks, but in the Fallout television series, the main protagonist is why audiences keep coming back for more episodes.

CBR stay on their bullshit

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
...They do realize animals aren't really gay right?
An male animal may sodomize another male animal but that's not because they love the male gender, it's just another way to rule over them...
Even worse when you realize that by human standards, whenever an animal fucks another male animal of their species, they do almost exclusively because they're horny and couldn't find a female, so they chose to rape a weaker male instead.

Not really surprising that these weirdoes are making a documentary about this shit. They're, once again, just telling on themselves, without even realizing it.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
10 Reasons The NCR Is The Right Choice In Fallout: New Vegas
10. The NCR Has The Resources To Rebuild
9. The NCR Is The Only Faction That Cares About The Future
8. Caesar's Legion Has Slavery
7. The NCR Has Infrastructure Similar To Pre-War Society
6. The NCR Would Work With The Followers Of The Apocalypse
5. Uniting The Mojave Is Realistically Achievable
4. Caesar's Legion Will Fall Apart After His Death
3. The NCR Is A Democracy
2. Mr. House Cares More About Himself Than The Good Of The People
1. Independent Vegas Is Unsustainable

CBR what the fuck are you talking about
Cause the NCR was doing a damn good job before amirite :mjlol. Totally weren't pointlessly spreading themselves too thin and screwing some of their members over:skully. I certainly didn't have to help save some of these niggas from their stupid mistakes.

Like the whole point of independent Vegas Is that you're largely leaving what happens next on everyone else's hands for whatever make believe motives you've put in place. Maybe you sorta care about having things around so that people can sustain themselves more. Maybe you get rid of certain factions from power. Maybe you just screw everything and everyone over for shits and giggles. It's what makes it all fun.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
That's my problem with it. People don't even try to execute this concept well or with any amount of creativity or nuance anymore.

Tactics is actually good though :mjpls. Orlandu and Calculators being broken as shit as well as Cloud sucking if you bother getting him be damned :skully.

I know

but just like Lord of the Elemental with the isekai trope it was played out in the 90s yet here we are in 2020s and people still can't let it go :mjlol

EDIT: what I'm referring to:

c821116ed3905b519843a97ffee71a37.jpg

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Most Pokemon movies are solid, at least if you consider that they're designed for 10 year olds.
Yeah no, GTFO with that shit, the Pokemon movies that I've seen have all been good, FULL STOP!
Them being "designed for 10 year olds" has fuck all to do with anything. :really

That's my problem with it. People don't even try to execute this concept well or with any amount of creativity or nuance anymore.

Exactly. It's literally just the same trope over and over and over and over and over again when it comes to Western Companies and Writers because dudes just hated going to Church.
It speaks volumes that looking at all of the Japanese games that touches on "Church is Evil", it's usually not actually played straight and there's alot of nuance in it and Devil May Cry 4 is unironically one of the biggest examples of it:

The Order of The Sword is a Corrupt Church... on the backside of the organization otherwise there are just as many evil asshats in it as there are people with genuinely good intentions(Credo, Nero and Kyrie and the sibling's parents) in it's midst being good for people and dealing with demons.
The irony is that The Order of The Sword may have fallen but what it represented to others is VASTLY different than just being evil for the hell of it(Which Nero even states at the end of the game against Sanctus).

Really speaks volumes that game like Devil May Cry can actually do nuance to such a topic huh?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Yeah no, GTFO with that shit, the Pokemon movies that I've seen have all been good, FULL STOP!
Them being "designed for 10 year olds" has fuck all to do with anything. :really
Gundam has a whole bunch of great movies: Char’s Counterattack, Endless Waltz, Wakening of the Trailblazer, Seed Freedom

Naruto and Bleach both have a couple movies I genuinely liked. Memories of Nobody and The Last

Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time and Dark Side of Dimensions.

Fate Stay Night’s Heavens Feel movie series

Black Clover’s Sword of the Wizard King

Fullmetal Alchemist’s Conquerors of Shambhala

End of Evangelion + the Rebuild film series, like the original show more but these were still great movies

Toaru Majutsu No Index’s The Miracle of Endymion

Demon Slayer’s Mugen Train

I can go on with series that have at least one great film to their name

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Mha ch leaks.

Izuku says Afo is in reality not a monster or a demon lord. Just a sad lonely man trying to get his brother back

Nigga I'm not sure how much of this I can take bruh:catcry . At least this is the end.

Afo's mental state has pretty much been declining after Yoichi's death. Izuku says that a weaker body that can't handle Ofa would explode and he received the power of the nine users.

Yeah no shit we already know this.

Afo's quirks are keeping himself together and he rants about how he hadn't achieved his dream yet. Suddenly the Shirakumo in Kurogiri takes over and helps Shiggy. He asks Afo to give Shiggy to his friends.

He apparently took over because of his desire to reach out to people who need help.....yeah:mjlol.

Despite being critically injured for the 50th time Bakugou propels himself to the field after flying himself out of the hospital to cheer Izuku on.

Afo takes a look at the "flame" representing Ofa to take a look at his brother. Yoichi comments that Izuku had finally put the whole thing to rest. He comments that he needs Yoichi by his side because he loves his brother

Lol fuck off Hori it's way too damn late to make him sympathetic. This is literally the final chapter nigga or at least one of them:skully.

Yoichi says it's time for Afo to pay for his crimes but they won't be alone. Izuku and Ashyraki punches Afo's vestige together.

Bruh I expected some bullshit like this and it's still lame as shit:jordangif.

Izuku and Ashyraki take each others hands. Ashy admits that he thought that he thought he was taken over by AFO but Nana was with him the entire time. He says Kurogiri's name before he disappears but comments that Izuku was right and that he was just a crying boy the entire time. This is why he couldn't destroy Izuku or anything else when he got his body back

Piss off nigga:skully.

Izuku says he can never forgive Shiggy (shut the fuck up you:skully) but wanted him to stop. Shiggy asks Izuku to tell Spinner that he fought hard for him.

In the real world Shiggy is turned to dust. Finally dead. The rain stops and the sun is shining

Thank God this niggas finally dead. About damn time......should I even say anything else about how this ended. This is some Naruto tier shit right here. Worse in some aspects :jordangif.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Koichi didn't show up. Thank God:lit. Hori couldn't ruin my nigga by putting him In this shit :skully.

His fight and relationship with Number 6 alongside all the buildup leading up to it is what this should have been.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Even worse when you realize that by human standards, whenever an animal fucks another male animal of their species, they do almost exclusively because they're horny and couldn't find a female, so they chose to rape a weaker male instead.

Not really surprising that these weirdoes are making a documentary about this shit. They're, once again, just telling on themselves, without even realizing it.
Reminds me of a video of a seal raping a penguin so ya ain't wrong there

Mha ch leaks.

Nigga I'm not sure how much of this I can take bruh:catcry . At least this is the end.

Yeah no shit we already know this.

He apparently took over because of his desire to reach out to people who need help.....yeah:mjlol.

Lol fuck off Hori it's way too damn late to make him sympathetic. This is literally the final chapter nigga or at least one of them:skully.

Bruh I expected some bullshit like this and it's still lame as shit:jordangif.

Piss off nigga:skully.

Thank God this niggas finally dead. About damn time......should I even say anything else about how this ended. This is some Naruto tier shit right here. Worse in some aspects :jordangif.

Remember when this Manga was ultimately shaping up to be how Hero and Villain upstarts are ultimately meant to become their own characters after their mentors was gone? I remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back