• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Blade
This is what I was talking about from the author of Jormungand called "Ordinary+"

He started it around the time he started Jormungand but it's not long at all.

fXwt3VJ.jpg
cGffke7.jpg
eHFNYr6.jpg
3LLKN3s.jpg
9PTTHEM.jpg
DfgzjgA.jpg

He released a one shot sequel in like 08 or 09 iirc

Destroy 246 you can think of as an actual sequel since the plot there is about two new assassins (one of them is just younger Chiquita lmao) who have to protect their boss but also run into Imari (the girl in the scans) and want to fight her because she's the only one as strong as they are (if not stronger). He also has a prequel to Destro 246 called Destro 016. Unfortunately neither of these two are anyway near translated

Neji died protecting a man who was crucial to saving the entire world.

Neji died in extremely stupid circumstances that ultimately saved Hinata and Naruto in such a needless fashion, that it lead to one of the dumbest moments in the entire series where somehow the entire Alliance gave a shit about Neji and became a Bird to deal damage to the Jyubi.

His death was absolutely pointless and only existed to, according to Kishimoto's words, "Get Naruto and Hinata together"... yeah, that's the end of Neji's character arc... to enable a fucking pairing.

Dosu's a better answer. Dosu was trying to get rid of Gaara to fight Sasuke in the second round. Since he wanted to kill Sasuke to spite/prove himself to Orochimaru. But instead Dosu didn't even make it to the tournament. Gaara did fight Sasuke, and Sasuke's failure to kill Gaara only made Sasuke more valuable to Orochimaru. Orochimaru probably barely remembred Dosu's name.

How the fuck is Dosu a better answer? The dude amounted to nothing and died exactly as he was: A schemer who believed he could hotbox with people way above his stature and fail miserably. That's literally the entire point of Dosu's character.

Most of the Sound shinobi had dedicated their lives to Orochimaru, a fundamentally selfish cult leader who only valued Kabuto and Sasuke, and them only as pawns for his own advancement.

...Yes, that's the point of the Sound Village...
That's why when Orochimaru was removed from the story, the Sound Village ceased to exist.

There's also Hayate, who died spying on the Sand-Sound invasion, without relating that intel. Plus there were already extra guards at the exams and its not like htey had time to gather more shinobi in the village, so I'm not sure what Konoha would have done differently with no actual proof. His girlfriend wanted revenge on Baki but nothing even came of it.

What the fuck is with some of these answers?! Hayate died so that the Sand-Sound Invasion can happen in earnest without anyone stopping it. If anything, it should be stated more to his girlfriend(or friend) who had focus in avenging Hayate and nothing came of it at all.

Zabuza and Haku were absolutely a shaggdog story too. Haku died protecting a master who died a few minutes later. Zabuza's ambitions were never fulfilled. The best you can say for them is that they taught Naruto how broken the shinobi world is through their pathetic lives.

Again, how is any of this "wasted"? That's the entire point of the tragedy of Zabuza and Haku, that the Ninja World is horrifically harsh and Zabuza, someone who believed lost his humanity, regained it seeing someone he thought was just a tool die protecting him. And he decided to avenge him right to his death the second Geto desecrated his corpse.
I don't even understand how someone can think these are anymore wasted than Neji's death.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Cubey @Adamant soul @Masterblack06

Here’s hoping the 8 new cards for the upcoming Blue-Eyes Structure Deck are enough to make the deck even semi-competitive

2016 Blue-Eyes actually being meta was really fun. One of the few times where the meta was good without being totally unfair or impossible to beat.

Current Blue Eyes decks even now are prone to bricking and still folding to a single Ash Blossom

:hestonpls

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
71PoHntYciL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

this console, was weaker than ps3/x360, but it was > ps2, og xbox, etc, still, the wii library was very good, so many good gems and underrated games, lets remember some examples

in no order

• punch out
  • no more heroes 1 and 2
  • the last story
  • fire emblem radiant dawn
  • madworld
  • xenoblade
  • several good bleach games
  • tatsunoko vs capcom
  • several good sonic games
  • rayman origins
  • many good re games
  • zelda skyward sword
  • metroid prime 3
  • red steel 2
  • ippo game

and the list goes on

good times

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
71PoHntYciL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

this console, was weaker than ps3/x360, but it was > ps2, og xbox, etc, still, the wii library was very good, so many good gems and underrated games, lets remember some examples

in no order

• punch out
  • no more heroes 1 and 2
  • the last story
  • fire emblem radiant dawn
  • madworld
  • xenoblade
  • several good bleach games
  • tatsunoko vs capcom
  • several good sonic games
  • rayman origins
  • many good re games
  • zelda skyward sword
  • metroid prime 3
  • red steel 2
  • ippo game

and the list goes on

good times
I need to find an antenna for my old one

Had some good times on that console

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon

Here’s hoping the 8 new cards for the upcoming Blue-Eyes Structure Deck are enough to make the deck even semi-competitive

2016 Blue-Eyes actually being meta was really fun. One of the few times where the meta was good without being totally unfair or impossible to beat.

Current Blue Eyes decks even now are prone to bricking and still folding to a single Ash Blossom

I actually have a question regarding that. Which effect would supersede the other if shark drake leviathan targeted chaos max?? :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’d argue the Synchro focused Blue Eyes deck was peak and should have been built up further. Chaos MAX is just too clunky and easy to beat through these days if you don’t OTK with it

Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Zealantis, Book of Eclipse, etc

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

They are throwing everything in the unverse at this deck to get it to work
I don't read comics, but I came across this video when I was watching Doom modder World of Madness's videos:

@Blade @Astaro @Xhominid The Apex

Does the Penance Stare from Ghost Rider somehow not working on Frank Castle count as a form of classic PIS and the writers being stupid?

Or is there some validity and merit to Frank being able to resist such an immense attack?

IIRC its cause he had the feather of an angel protecting him
Hes gotten fucked up by it before but people always forget that part

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
I’d argue the Synchro focused Blue Eyes deck was peak and should have been built up further. Chaos MAX is just too clunky and easy to beat through these days if you don’t OTK with it

Dark Ruler No More, Forbidden Droplet, Zealantis, Book of Eclipse, etc

Combo Chaos MAX with Tyrant Burst, instarape :mjpls

Also, today’s haul

YfPgXid_d.webp

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They are throwing everything in the unverse at this deck to get it to work

IIRC its cause he had the feather of an angel protecting him
Hes gotten fucked up by it before but people always forget that part
Combo Chaos MAX with Tyrant Burst, instarape :mjpls

Also, today’s haul

YfPgXid_d.webp
I’m calling it now. This upcoming Structure Deck will be Fusion focused to nicely tie in with the awesome Light and Darkness Dragon support

Already, Blue Eyes has tons of synergy with these cards

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And Red-Eyes as usual gets left out. Can’t make use of Light and Darkness theme at all for all its monsters being 1 Level too short for both the awesome new Light and Darkness Dragon Lord Fusion and the cards which focus on Level 8 Dragons

Every year, that statement Yugi made that “Blue-Eyes brings power while Red-Eyes brings “potential.” just ages worse and worse

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
Light and darkness dragon lord
Dragon magia master
Shark drake leviathan
Phantom Exodia incarnate

Can’t fucking wait :amazing

I’d include giga rays but it’s been like… 5 millennia since it was released in Japan :tchpepe

Cubey

Threshold of Armageddon
And Red-Eyes as usual gets left out. Can’t make use of Light and Darkness at all for all its monsters being 1 Level too short for both the awesome new Fusion and the cards which focus on Level 8 Dragons

Every year, that statement Yugi made that “Blue-Eyes brings power while Red-Eyes brings “potential.” just ages worse and worse

It’s coming brother, just watch :watchit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back