• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Man my nephew just came through and brought this up

He was salty about Dragunov losing too :heston
I don't mind if they're salty because they like Ilja better than Jey (I do too for the record).
I don't mind people saying that Ilja is a better in-ring wrestler than Jey (he absolutely is).

My issue is them saying that he's ruined or his credibility is dead or he's been buried or any of that nonsense. :kobeha

qhJBNGA.gif
T2Ime8k.gif
4EN5Dyj.gif

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"There's no Greek or Roman Mythology without African Mythology."
"Many Greek mythologies are about men conquering their sexuality and turning away from the charms of women."
"Killmonger stealing the tribal mask and using it while committing crimes is fine because he feels empowered."
"Greek Mythology obviously treated ugly or disabled characters with respect as opposed to much mockery."

The fact there's people actually getting "educated" on these topics by these complete fucking jokes. :facepalm

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
From some anon in response to Wolverine not taking having that much screentime

Because as we've been told the creative team at large wanted to diminish his role because in the greater zeitgeist it's always WOLVERINE WOLVERINE WOLVERINE

Cyclops, Magneto, Jean, and Rogue were the main focus of this season, with Storm probably being the secondary one. Everyone else was a bit player for their story. This cartoon is being made by a massive Cyclops x Jean fag, who considers Emma a homewrecker. It's not that hard to realize he probably thinks Wolverine is one too.

And another one

The reasoning is that Wolverine was basically the main character in the original 90's series and his been either the main character or the most heavily exposed character in almost every piece of X-Men media released in the last 30+ years.
Wolverine is Xavier's new best friend.
Wolverine is Jean's one true love.
Wolverine gets his own X-teams.
Wolverine gets multiple Hollywood movies all to himself and is the main character in almost all general X-men films, even being the main character in one of the past timeline films he wasn't supposed to even be in.
Wolverine is the only mutant to get his own video games while everyone else is stuck sharing with other X-Men, including Wolverine.
Wolverine gets multiple versions of himself running around in the comics.
Wolverine's son gets to be Wolverine for a while.
Wolverine's daughter gets to be Wolverine and then gets cloned like 4 times and one of them gets to be a tiny Wolverine with a cute animal name.
Wolverine gets to be on all the non-mutant teams and all but kicked Beast out of that role. Any time a Marvel product needs mutant representation, it's Wolverine first, always. Even durong the Perlmutter era of "Fuck Fox and fuck Mutants", Wolverine was an exception because he's too popular.
The entire X-Men franchise has basically devolved into Wolverine. All the other popular male mutants are Wolverine's best friends, and almost all of the hot females have some special connection to him in some way. His lovers, or his daughter, or one of the half dozen female sidekicks he's had, or they're related to one of his male friends in some way.

So Wolverine gets a supporting role here, that other X-Men are allowed to breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back