• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #8: Still New Year, Lets go full force for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
FB_IMG_1644829546160.jpg

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
none, about time they stop with live action movies.

:kannasip we all know they are practically milking a dying cow if it ain't dead.
*Looks at No Way Home*

If said cow is raking in a billion dollars in theaters in the worst conditions ever. Then it isn’t a dead cow.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
dude that one is an exception

It's spiderman and reimi spiderman at that.
There's a reason spiderman is one of the most successful franchise in the whole of marvel.
Yeah notice how every other MCU film either went under the radar or outright flopped. Even NWH doing good is not the W Disney wanted because Sony by contract has a deal where 90% of movie profits go to them.

Sephiroth madness had many problems but thats not it, journos will never stop going after stuff in fiction using nonsense to try to justify toning down and censorship

>Sephiroth Madness has to stop
"Okay, I actually agree with this. Sephiroth's numerous appearances in the Remake basically killed his presence dead and makes him seem more like an Evil Ex and is the absolute anti-thesis of-"
>It's because of problematic elements and it's a danger to "neuro-divergent"-

FUCK. OFF! I'm so sick and fucking tired of these goddamned journalistic hacks deciding that instead of reading the goddamned room on what peoples' issues are, they basically make up their own retarded reasons and wonder why no one fucking likes them! "Neuro-Divergence" is just another bullshit buzzword that basically tries to pretend that everyone is has some kind of autism that makes them all unique without actually BEING unique and no. No, no, fuck off no!

You "think differently than anyone else" is not the goddamned same as "You literally cannot read other people and primarily need years of experience to even begin to actually understand social cues(Asperger's and High Functioning Autistic) or it's far worse than that and you are lucky to even understand that much or will be able to understand people at all(Low Functioning Autism)"

We are NOT the fucking same!

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
dude that one is an exception

It's spiderman and reimi spiderman at that.
There's a reason spiderman is one of the most successful franchise in the whole of marvel.
Not really, If we’re talking about movie flops after Endgame there’s only five movies out. Three of which aren’t flops.

But that’s kinda ignoring the fact that most of phase 5 isn’t movies but shows. Loki, Wandavision, and What If? All got pretty good ratings.

Not really, If we’re talking about movie flops after Endgame there’s only five movies out. Three of which aren’t flops.

But that’s kinda ignoring the fact that most of phase 5 isn’t movies but shows. Loki, Wandavision, and What If? All got pretty good ratings.

Ratings doesn't really matter as Disney+ doesn't really have the viewers it should due to the Streaming Bubble is on the verge of collapsing due to too many streaming sites available to be viable.
And the movies are "successes" but are NOT MCU Successes either. And again, Movie Theatres suffered badly due to the Pandemic for the last 2 years which didn't help that much either with those movies and even when movie theatres opened, it still didn't recover.

MCU Fatigue is very real and outside of like NWH(Which is more Sony than Marvel's success) and maybe Dr. Strange, I don't see people going around and caring about it since most of those who watched the MCU left after Endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back