Ranked One Piece Thriller Bark Mafia

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Just so y'all know. It annoyed me that I did point out flaws in Gramm's push, made some good points, but people totally ignored them in favor of the push cause "I felt scummy" and decided that my claim mattered more than anything when I've already been judged as scummy and they'd probably not clear me based of claim anyways, given my role.

I refuse to just let y'all push me around when there was a more logical route so that was the hill I chose to die on.
Maybe it isn't everyone else's fault that you keep getting mislynched?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Gad.

it's on both parties, though I admit (as Craig pointed out) could argue it was more 60/40

You /were/ being antagonistic. As for town, determining whether that's scum getting irate at being caught immediately or sincere just throws more curve balls.

I mean, yeah, I absolutely understand your vexation by not being given an olive branch and having people leave it open for the next phase at the very least. I do. But there's a way to persuade via ethos. If you find yourself foaming at the mouth to that point, log off. I'll refer to Magic's point (in the game) — 'why not ignore them?'
You actively realized you were digging your grave further. You then decided to spite town.

Trolling like that makes it messier. You weren't playing pro-town at that point. You essentially threw a "fuck you" indirectly.

For future reference on trolling and claiming power roles, let me make an imaginary parallel world

Fabricated scenario: it can induce paranoia and give scum the upper hand to use it as ammo - it helps them make the decision to kill the strong/weak players to further mislead town. And it can potentially demotivate town if this game (theoretically) had a cop that was now at risk if scum were to look back for hints and build a kill motive case and attach it to town players that might make logical sense for motive.

Not everyone will interpret the way you approach this as spitefully trolling while town. It's never as black and white as that as. Each player judges odd behavioral responses in their own way.

Town out all their eggs in one basket and so did you.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
Just so y'all know. It annoyed me that I did point out flaws in Gramm's push, made some good points, but people totally ignored them in favor of the push cause "I felt scummy" and decided that my claim mattered more than anything when I've already been judged as scummy and they'd probably not clear me based of claim anyways, given my role.

I refuse to just let y'all push me around when there was a more logical route so that was the hill I chose to die on.
What the fuck were you thinking when you fake claimed Cop?

Magic

Resplendent
Gad.

it's on both parties, though I admit (as Craig pointed out) could argue it was more 60/40

You /were/ being antagonistic. As for town, determining whether that's scum getting irate at being caught immediately or sincere just throws more curve balls.

I mean, yeah, I absolutely understand your vexation by not being given an olive branch and having people leave it open for the next phase at the very least. I do. But there's a way to persuade via ethos. If you find yourself foaming at the mouth to that point, log off. I'll refer to Magic's point (in the game) — 'why not ignore them?'
You actively realized you were digging your grave further. You then decided to spite town.

Trolling like that makes it messier. You weren't playing pro-town at that point. You essentially threw a "fuck you" indirectly.

For future reference on trolling and claiming power roles, let me make an imaginary parallel world

Fabricated scenario: it can induce paranoia and give scum the upper hand to use it as ammo - it helps them make the decision to kill the strong/weak players to further mislead town. And it can potentially demotivate town if this game (theoretically) had a cop that was now at risk if scum were to look back for hints and build a kill motive case and attach it to town players that might make logical sense for motive.

Not everyone will interpret the way you approach this as spitefully trolling while town. It's never as black and white as that as. Each player judges odd behavioral responses in their own way.

Town out all their eggs in one basket and so did you.
gad played properly up until he refused to claim/then claimed cop.

he did defend himself from gram's point and even when being asked to claim he asked for cases from people(which rugrat was also doing), which isn't unfair. again one of gram's points was that gram was backfilling a flower read, which he wasn't doing since he was town and what he said. gram also said he should have X conclusion based on what he was saying but he said that wasn't what he was saying(which is what i agreed with as reading over the post you can see that gram's interpretation could be wrong vs what he actually meant).

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
gad played properly up until he refused to claim/then claimed cop.

he did defend himself from gram's point and even when being asked to claim he asked for cases from people(which rugrat was also doing), which isn't unfair. again one of gram's points was that gram was backfilling a flower read, which he wasn't doing since he was town and what he said. gram also said he should have X conclusion based on what he was saying but he said that wasn't what he was saying(which is what i agreed with as reading over the post you can see that gram's interpretation could be wrong vs what he actually meant).
Yes this too

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
But yeah, there were lots of fuckups, I don't think Gad is the worst of it (on the other hand, arguably I was worse than Gad (nor Luka! Shit happens) and anyone because he did play for the first half, it just snowballed into a wrong interpretation)

Magic

Resplendent
I even had Fang with the entire claim shit. And told everyone it was a LHF team. None even analyzed the kills. They‘re not what people like Gram or Magic do.
also this isn't true lol. i definitely used fuji being shot to pressure both orca and potato day 2 and you disagreed with that.

you used the night kills to sus watson, which i disagreed with.

i definitely did analyze the kills lol. i even brought it up to defend myself and you once again ignored that. i told you i wouldn't shoot fuji because he had overlapping reads as me and town read me and you said i didn't need allies on day 2 with a bunch of people sus on me which is ???

and after pein was killed i again brought up why in the fuck id be the one shooting pein when he was the one saying im 100% town and double confirmed.

Rugrat

Caldust
A little confused on why I was so absolutely scum confirmed to Odo he wasn’t willing to budge or even cooperate. didn’t exactly have some great case

Tweet’s pushing me for mentioning kill spec after it had been heavily discussed was lousy too.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
A little confused on why I was so absolutely scum confirmed to Odo he wasn’t willing to budge or even cooperate. didn’t exactly have some great case

Tweet’s pushing me for mentioning kill spec after it had been heavily discussed was lousy too.
Idk maybe you might come across as naturally shady? From their POV

I kind of want to look back to see if Fang and Lethal sowed seeds of doubt earlier on that resulted in fundamental attribution error

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Let's see.

I hope this makes sense - not all the points that I feel might be why you were viewed as scum are cohesive or connected

1. Flower trusting others observations on your play created a confirmation bias that only grew. I think it then just snowballed into "stalling is usually associated with scum."
Subtle imitation of town interrogation, has major credibility that doesn't feel/look like his previous plays as scum.
We still want his claim.
Opening for Lethal to then do this:
Entry post. Exact same as Fang.

Changes track./

queries the xadlin wagon

Defending Fang

Unsure but suspect is town. Had him as town earlier. This is just word salad to appear productive. Hmm.
3. I think this play from Lethal ISOing you played a crucial factor in your lynch, too. Misdirection.

4. The ISO caused an avalanche of trepidation later on. I think the skill spec observations from you also came across as wrong from other's POV, like, as a way to distance yourself from someone profiling motives associated with you because of the kill choices.

5. I think maybe a very strong respect for your scum play was a minor factor. From experience and many games, I tend to hold players in high regard that have strong manipulative capabilities so I'll leave my guard up and slow burn it instead.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
also this isn't true lol. i definitely used fuji being shot to pressure both orca and potato day 2 and you disagreed with that.

you used the night kills to sus watson, which i disagreed with.

i definitely did analyze the kills lol. i even brought it up to defend myself and you once again ignored that. i told you i wouldn't shoot fuji because he had overlapping reads as me and town read me and you said i didn't need allies on day 2 with a bunch of people sus on me which is ???

and after pein was killed i again brought up why in the fuck id be the one shooting pein when he was the one saying im 100% town and double confirmed.
Actually you can check and see in dead chat after Orca killed T-Pein but even with his invest abilities more or less clearing you he still probably would've lynched you, Flower, or Yoho before me. I also tried to gamble a gambit play on it being a unthinkable but possible scumMagic move to kill his biggest town reading player to argue how it would be logically suboptimal for you.

Also lmao at Flower.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Yes, he played well; not trying to downplay him. I just think that I want to direct some attention to players who were night killed early that play well, since I think they get a lack of it alot of the time, when they were good enough for the night kill.

Fuji was a great first kill for the scum. He had solid intuition and if he were allowed to collaborate with Magic then I think they could have shifted the outcome. That janitor also screwed Tweet's claim in the long run.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I didn't realize til now I perhaps crossed a line with my insidious monster remark toward Gram, I'm really sorry for being that much of a dick

Gaddamnit

NYC Pizza is better than Neopolitan fite me
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe it isn't everyone else's fault that you keep getting mislynched?
I never said it was. I know what I did wrong. I'd do it again tho cause surely you're not suggesting it wasn't dumb at all?

People saw sense where they expected to see sense. Don't tell me I didn't answer y'alls questions or make an attempt to defend early on. I stopped giving a fuck when I realized that they got tossed into the 'not considered' pile. If your need to see a defense on my end is already coated with suspicion, you're not doing me justice and I got no time to bang my head against that wall.

Back