• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

El Hermano

Acclaimed
For some reason I don't think the WG will be able to annex Wano. Idk it just seems unlikely. But who knows
I have a hard time believing that even if they fail, they'd just let go. Sengoku already talked about how significant Wano is. I doubt that anyone could protect it once Kaido and BM are gone. The Straw Hats are going to be exhausted, and there would be no one powerful enough to defend it against the WG's strongest.

I highly doubt there isn't at least one Admiral on board of the ships that are entering Wano. Biggest bet is Kizaru, since he did want to go there, but was refused due to the lack of intel at the time.

I have a hard time believing that even if they fail, they'd just let go. Sengoku already talked about how significant Wano is. I doubt that anyone could protect it once Kaido and BM are gone. The Straw Hats are going to be exhausted, and there would be no one powerful enough to defend it against the WG's strongest.

I highly doubt there isn't at least one Admiral on board of the ships that are entering Wano. Biggest bet is Kizaru, since he did want to go there, but was refused due to the lack of intel at the time.
SH grandfleet. Admiral level Don Sai, continent splitter :maybe

El Hermano

Acclaimed
They probably have an idea on their strength, I doubt the WG would throw away what they consider one of three powers just to test SSG. That being said. I don't see anyone touching Mihawk :mjlol
If they can't get the job done against their former counterparts that means the SSG are not worthy of replacing them. Mihawk might be an exception considering his massive hype, but who knows who's there to fight him? Who knows how truly powerful the SSG combatants are? They have to be a significant force if they're going to replace the Shichibukai.
SH grandfleet. Admiral level Don Sai, continent splitter :maybe
:mjlol
Assuming there's not a serious force to be reckoned with on those ships, they probably would push them back and it does make sense that the SH grandfleet would arrive. That being said, if the WG will fold after the first attempt that would be very odd considering how significant Wano appears to be. I'd think that they would at least send in an Admiral and some VAs/SSGs to get the job done, and no fucking shot the grandfleet is going to beat an Admiral.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So is this actually supposed to be Conqueror's Haki Shanks uses here, or is he just that badass he scared it off with a stare.
0001-046.png

Much as it would be impressive as hell if Oda was foreshadowing Haki as early as chapter freaking 1, I'd almost like the latter better because it makes Shanks seem cooler if he didn't even need a technique or ability to do this.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Shanks going to save Luffy's life me thinks lol.
As much as I'd like this to be true, it makes more sense that the SH grandfleet would jump in to save the day.
So is this actually supposed to be Conqueror's Haki Shanks uses here, or is he just that badass he scared it off with a stare.
0001-046.png

Much as it would be impressive as hell if Oda was foreshadowing Haki as early as chapter freaking 1, I'd almost like the latter better because it makes Shanks seem cooler if he didn't even need a technique or ability to do this.
Pretty sure it's CoC. Haki was first mentioned by name in Jaya(right before Skypiea). Official translations at the time brushed it off and mistranslated it because they didn't quite get the intention. Luckily, scanlations got it right.

Officially, Haki's definitely been in the plans since at least 2002, when the chapter that it was first mentioned in by name(232)was released. It wouldn't be too unbelievable to think Oda actually had this idea from the get-go, but took his time cooking it. It obviously only evolved as time went on, because iirc Oda planned on finishing OP after Skypiea but fortunately he didn't.

Fun fact: The supernova were a last moment addition because Oda's editor wanted him to "spice things up" a little.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
True. Oda also intended to only have Kidd be super relevent. But Laws massive popularity made it to where he also had to be important to the story.

So therefore Law and Kidd went from last minute additions to now series regulars.

0001-046.png

Yes. Shanks has been frequently seen using CoC.

the Sea Monster having such a reaction because of CoC is compounded by Luffy doing a similar thing to Duval’s bull

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Of course, he's gonna cook Kaido and eat him afterwards too.

Not everyday you get to taste dragon meat.

Back