• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

El Hermano

Acclaimed
While he was beating Yamato to near death

183009-C9-A4-AF-4-D60-8-B8-D-DBF13-E316-ED7.jpg
Holy shit. It was so recent as well. I now feel shame.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
0050-012.png

Yep don't mind me, I'm just floating around dangerous oceans on my little boat, wearing a dope ass hat, casually slaughtering pirate fleets that happen to cross my path because I quite literally have nothing better to do. Kenpachi wishes he had a fraction of Mihawk's swagger. :awesome

Honestly this whole sequence is still up there for one of the best introductions to a top tier I've seen in a series and I commend the fact that Oda has stuck to his guns. Almost a thousand chapters on and Mihawk is still a top tier with no sign of that changing, although I do hope he gets SOME kind of meaningful fight before the inevitable clash with Zoro.

Come on Oda, give the guy a real chance to show off before he finally takes his inevitable L. :maybe

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Did Oda ever 100% confirm that Gin died as a result of the MH5 poisoning?

Be a bit of a downer ending for the character to get his independence, just to die several hours later. Especially when he leaves on the note of hoping he and Luffy could meet again on the Grand Line.

If not then I hope he shows up again in some capacity, even if he only gives a minor contribution to a fight with a lesser opponent (perhaps a team effort between him and other redeemed villain crew members like Django and Bon Clay). :maybe

Last edited:

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I would love to see Gin. So badass and was a good equal to Sanji. To me he had more potential than Krieg. But afaik. He died.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
People forget. Gin gave Sanji the hands. It was a good fight tbh
Yeah but that was AFTER Sanji was forced to stand and take a beatdown from Pearl (because Gin was holding Zeff hostage) and even then, Sanji managed to get a couple of good hits in before his injuries got the better of him.

Gin smashing Pearl's armour like glass when it took a kick from Sanji is hella impressive though.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but that was AFTER Sanji was forced to stand and take a beatdown from Pearl (because Gin was holding Zeff hostage) and even then, Sanji managed to get a couple of good hits in before his injuries got the better of him.

Gin smashing Pearl's armour like glass when it took a kick from Sanji is hella impressive though.
Yeha but Gin also was starving for a while. So it's pretty even still. And was conflicted.

My impression was for the most part. Gins potential was higher than Kriegs.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 @The Hunter

We have been talking for a while about Preskip Zoro and Luffy and where they scale in the NW. Because preskip Luffy and Zoro have some feats that are a bit above their pay grade. If we go by the story linear. Then everyone and their mother would scale post skip and it would be an abuse of Powerscaling I believe.

I was wondering if I make a thread in the OBD a OP gauntlet style. So we break down feats and see if we can put Luffy and Zoro in a certain tier so scaling can be better.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
@Masterblack06 @The Hunter

We have been talking for a while about Preskip Zoro and Luffy and where they scale in the NW. Because preskip Luffy and Zoro have some feats that are a bit above their pay grade. If we go by the story linear. Then everyone and their mother would scale post skip and it would be an abuse of Powerscaling I believe.

I was wondering if I make a thread in the OBD a OP gauntlet style. So we break down feats and see if we can put Luffy and Zoro in a certain tier so scaling can be better.
so its one piece characters vs one piece characters? if so that should be fine as long as people don't go full spud about it

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
so its one piece characters vs one piece characters? if so that should be fine as long as people don't go full spud about it
Yeah. My goals are

1.) Make sure the community is on the same page.
2.) We don't get random threads and or statement where random NW pirates like Caribou and Baby 5 are getting scaled to Kuma and Moriah. As power inflation's after a time skip can be inflated

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah. My goals are

1.) Make sure the community is on the same page.
2.) We don't get random threads and or statement where random NW pirates like Caribou and Baby 5 are getting scaled to Kuma and Moriah. As power inflation's after a time skip can be inflated
Alright cool. Go for it. If anything happens just tag me and ill come deal with it

Back