• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I agree.

But also like...Kaidou has been fighting 50+ chapters straight. I think it could have ended better. But at a certain point it needed to end.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Maybe it’s just me, or the added fact I also just reread Wano straight through instead of weekly, but I was more or less satisfied by the pacing and the emotional impact :hm

Bajrang Gun was basically Gear 4’s King Kong Gun + Gear 3’s massive limb expansion to an exaggerated degree. Kaido WAS canned by Joy Boy, but I did like the fact it was otherwise unnoticed by the population he oppressed so that his impact just falls away rather than it being some kind of massive ovation. The rise of Momo should eclipse the rise and fall of Kaido as it’s sandwiched between Oden’s glorified end and Momo’s courageous rising to the occasion.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Maybe it’s just me, or the added fact I also just reread Wano straight through instead of weekly, but I was more or less satisfied by the pacing and the emotional impact :hm

Bajrang Gun was basically Gear 4’s King Kong Gun + Gear 3’s massive limb expansion to an exaggerated degree. Kaido WAS canned by Joy Boy, but I did like the fact it was otherwise unnoticed by the population he oppressed so that his impact just falls away rather than it being some kind of massive ovation. The rise of Momo should eclipse the rise and fall of Kaido as it’s sandwiched between Oden’s glorified end and Momo’s courageous rising to the occasion.
Did you like Wano?

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I enjoyed it more than Marineford tbh.

I think if Kine'mon would have died it would have competed up there in emotional department.

But Yasuei's death vs. Ace is unfair comparison. Even though both are good. Ace was just better

Yasuei was a baller though. Ngl.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Plus Kinemon's death was way more badness than Whitebeard's.

Weak character stands his ground against the strongest character. Pushes Momo to be the great Shogun that he is, thus also claiming Luffynwill be the PK despite Kaidou beating the shit out of him.

10/10

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
tbh skypiea is my favorite arc and it had a bit of a fumbled ending too, so even though I didn't like 1050 it's not enough for me to not consider Wano one of the greatest arcs.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Oh that’s new. Skypea was my favorite ending :lmao

i wonder how much my opinions will change once One Piece is done and I read it all in one complete story.
i just mean how everyone got up and survived and was happy
skypiea did a lot of death baiting and this was like, the first arc where it became really obvious oda doesn't kill characters, like pagaya surviving el thor for instance was dumb as hell

the rest of the stuff with enel i loved

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
ppOlEA3.png

we all knew that yamato was a laido spy in disguise, smh

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
either way, kaido got the fight he wanted against joy boi

that's what matters, wano started also very slow, but the past 50 chaps were non stop action and good moments

Back