• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
I think the Admirals are stro ger, but I believe the Gorosei are top tier
nM7fSzN.png

Great Potato

Preeminent
Assuming Lucci doesn't get back up, the way he went down doesn't build me a lot of confidence that he's ahead of Katakuri or King.

He just landed no offense the entire arc outside of the Seraphim who didn't bother to dodge, Atlas who is a scrub, and Stussy who dove in front of his attack. Lucci must have gotten some licks on Zoro off-panel since he's bleeding, but as far as what we actually saw on-screen he hasn't been able to connect with his offense. It's tough to see him being able to tag Katakuri reliably when Luffy and Zoro weren't pressed dodging what he was throwing out.

Zoro definitely had to dig deeper into his bag for that win against King as well. Had to develop his new technique and use one of his highest level moves to secure it. It doesn't seem he was ever in serious danger against Lucci. I'd still say he's shown enough to warrant being placed on that level, but he's not above that like people were speculating and arguably brings up the low end of the spectrum.

Would you consider Dorry and Brogy a power creep or no?

Sort of a mix of both... I think at the time Oda had no idea how much bounty inflation would get out of hand, so a lot of characters pre-skip ended up a lot lower then they should and their 100M is a glaring example (though this could be explained by in-universe inflation since those are 100 year old bounties by now). There are also moments like Brogy being stunned by a booger bomb to the face that seem out of place with how strong we know them to be.

On the other hand, I think they were always intended to be a fairly big deal. I'm sure Oda always intended for Elbaf to be among the mightiest nation in One Piece, and these two are highly revered there by the other giants as a legendary crew. A lot of their pre-skip feats still hold up like obliterating island fish with useless worn-out weapons. I'm sure Oda wants us to read it as these guys were always this powerful and some of the lower end feats like them being phased by Mr. 5 were just a product of Oda not knowing the scope the series would reach at the time.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I can see both sides of the argument. Power Creep vs none.

I have to agree with you. When I initially made the tier list. I thought they were like Alabasta Crocodile level. I thought they were going to hover around there, and characters like EL Lucci would put them down for good. Mind you this was begining of Onigashima when I did the initial tier list.

Now I feel dumb, because of their feats, but also remember preskip feats mostly pale in comparison to post skip.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Yeah I can see both sides of the argument. Power Creep vs none.

I have to agree with you. When I initially made the tier list. I thought they were like Alabasta Crocodile level. I thought they were going to hover around there, and characters like EL Lucci would put them down for good. Mind you this was begining of Onigashima when I did the initial tier list.

Now I feel dumb, because of their feats, but also remember preskip feats mostly pale in comparison to post skip.

Hajrudin speaking up those two as his idols was the first sign that those two were more impressive than the pre-skip let on. Dorry and Brogy you can chalk up a lot to early writing not capturing their full power because Oda didn't realize the scope of the series at the time. I don't think it's dumb to have been conservative with them since their power wasn't that strongly defined at the time, they were in a vague territory of probably stronger then let on, but no way to know how much.

If Oimo and Kashii start doing anything impressive like face a Vice Admiral then I'm calling a retcon there since we saw them embarrassed by the Franky Family and Galley La, and there's no real way to spin that they were actually strong in EL.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
One unpopular opinion of mine is that Headliner tier guys like the Enraged Army or Doflamingo's officers =Rear Admirals

It feels like it makes most sense Worldbuilding wise and it's only really contradicted by The Pacifista thing and specific Doflamingo's officers performing too good for their supposed level

The dudes basically made a move that was only copied by Top Tiers like Big Mom and Kaido

Island Eater is literally an Island Level mf too.

It would be crazy to say Dory and Brogy weren’t ment to be top tier. That feat was the most impressive destructive feat up until Enel’s rygou bombs

I’d put them above Vice Admirals even before Egghead.

Zoro definitely had to dig deeper into his bag for that win against King as well. Had to develop his new technique and use one of his highest level moves to secure it. It doesn't seem he was ever in serious danger against Lucci. I'd still say he's shown enough to warrant being placed on that level, but he's not above that like people were speculating and arguably brings up the low end of the spectrum.
With King he needed to slash him when he went out of his tankier form in order to beat him.

With Kizaru he just needed to strike him harder, lol.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Oda managed to make their demon forms seem more terrifying than ridiculous. They reek of pure evil. Their eyes make a ton of difference.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Also, worth noting how the Elders were introduced as the actual creatures they turned into with no reference to any Devil Fruits.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Yes and No because remember Mr.3 stated he and the other agent could never beat them in upfront combat
And factor the hype and feats they were always meant to be a big deal

However oda likely didn't plan out on how strong they were supposed to be at the start of the story to now

I think Oda’s ideas of what Top Tiers could do have changed

He introduced all the true final players early.

Shanks. Mihawk. Garp. Buggy. Dragon. Koby. Blackbeard. etc

Not saying Dory and Brogy are at the level of Mihawk or Blackbeard. Only that Oda DID plan out the actual ending. So the players involved with that ending haven’t changed.

Back