Spoilers: Final Fantasy VII - Rebirth

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Turks fought a WEAPON too, they're collectively nothing special compared to the party or named SOLDIER 1sts

Reno and Rude are individually the standout Turks in speed and strength, and they got their shit pushed in from the start

The party not named Cloud, Zack, or Chaos Vincent are all vaguely strong enough to be able to put up a fight against Nero even as far back as Midgar because that's what Yuffie did in Integrade. He was clearly going to win, but he was forced to try and even went so far as sneak attack Sonon and Yuffie when they thought they had won.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Decided to watch the ending, and....dafuq was that :skully

So is Cloud actually stuck between multiple timelines now? That's the only explanation I can see besides just "lmao Sephiroth was fucking with him" which would feel exceedingly cheap at this point.

Still kinda expecting it to end with a choice between "everyone lives but Sephiroth is now god" and "Zack and Aerith are dead but Sephiroth is gone and we get the original (mostly) happy ending"

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Decided to watch the ending, and....dafuq was that :skully

So is Cloud actually stuck between multiple timelines now? That's the only explanation I can see besides just "lmao Sephiroth was fucking with him" which would feel exceedingly cheap at this point.

Still kinda expecting it to end with a choice between "everyone lives but Sephiroth is now god" and "Zack and Aerith are dead but Sephiroth is gone and we get the original (mostly) happy ending"
The Arbiter's of Fate which Sephiroth absorbed allow him to manipulate fate. Which is the time-line in this case. However, we also see that Aerith has done the same thing. She has her own white arbiters.

My guess is that Cloud is experiencing two time-lines at once. Since the party is clearly acting like Aerith is dead, but Aerith is there and moving about like she is alive. Then there is the comatose Cloud and Aerith. If the comatose version of Aerith wakes up? I am thinking that means the Aerith is dead time-line is the false one, and the reason why Cloud and Aerith are in a coma? It's because they're trapped in that time-line.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
welp
Sephirotho.png

12:35:30 In

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So Sephiroth says something about the Black Materia being the key to the true counterpart that is "hidden between worlds" :hm

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Nice to see that Titan got similar expanded lore like Shiva did in Remake. Creating a continent with the power of his earthquake or some shit.

7430934-9437112228-P62WA.jpg
7430935-5281886728-dW5qR.jpg

Also just further supports Ifrit's own lore first mentioned globally back in Dissidia

7430931-3506956625-GL3sx.png

Nothing stand out, basically bit feats, but its cool to see the consistent scale :hm

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Nice to see that Titan got similar expanded lore like Shiva did in Remake. Creating a continent with the power of his earthquake or some shit.

7430934-9437112228-P62WA.jpg
7430935-5281886728-dW5qR.jpg

Also just further supports Ifrit's own lore first mentioned globally back in Dissidia

7430931-3506956625-GL3sx.png

Nothing stand out, basically bit feats, but its cool to see the consistent scale :hm

We can finally upgrade Titan to building+ :skully

Did any other summons get new small lore drops with some feats?

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Zack: You were a SOLDIER Sephiroth! How could you turn your back on everything we stand for!!

Uh Zack my nigga? SOLDIER doesn't really stand for much of jackshit bro you of all people should know this :jordangif .

That and that one scene where the party was terrified of Cloud killing a bunch of Shinra troops and SOLDIERS mercilessly. Cause it's not like we've been doing that all game right :skully
Why do Cloud and Sephiroth come off as unruly best friends sometimes
Dudes literally Patrick hunting down Spongebob in that jellyfish episode. Poor bastard can't even have fun in Smash bros without Sephiroth wondering where the hell he think's hes going :mjlol.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Jokes aside I like how they made Zack's fighting style distinct from Clouds with him just occasionally beating the shit out of people alongside his swordplay.

That and that one scene where the party was terrified of Cloud killing a bunch of Shinra troops and SOLDIERS mercilessly. Cause it's not like we've been doing that all game right :skully

It really goes with the pussification the party goes through with the "Remake":

First, they don't even destroy the Sector 7 Reactor and Shinra has to do it for them because they must be unequivocal good guys(Even though you still have Barret gloat about it and even have President Shinra make remarks that mirror how the world is post FFVII) even when you have them basically threaten Don Corneo mercilessly while he's helpless.

And now this? It's seriously gonna make Reeve taking Barret to task if it ever happens so toothless because ultimately, they are the good guys meanwhile, you will have to explain why they don't off Reno and Rude for the Plate Fall(Even if they hate it which I feel doesn't really work... it's just trying too hard to make them not be corporate assassins which they are).

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
It really goes with the pussification the party goes through with the "Remake":

First, they don't even destroy the Sector 7 Reactor and Shinra has to do it for them because they must be unequivocal good guys(Even though you still have Barret gloat about it and even have President Shinra make remarks that mirror how the world is post FFVII) even when you have them basically threaten Don Corneo mercilessly while he's helpless.

And now this? It's seriously gonna make Reeve taking Barret to task if it ever happens so toothless because ultimately, they are the good guys meanwhile, you will have to explain why they don't off Reno and Rude for the Plate Fall(Even if they hate it which I feel doesn't really work... it's just trying too hard to make them not be corporate assassins which they are).
Like I get the intention of worrying about Cloud's mental state more than anything but the dudes we've been killing for 2 games straight without one shit given? Nah bro :skully .

They took away Dyne suicide and made him insane because of some jenova cells and he dies by the hands of some random shinra thugs that literally comes out of nowhere :skully

They also pussified Cid completely

Bruh, what the fuck?!
You might as well have Dyne not even be there if you basically remove all of his tendencies just to make him insane because of JENOVA Cells(Seriously, what the hell is so wrong about Dyne becoming a massive nihilist who wants to kill everyone due to how fucked up his life ended up, even his own daughter along the way? Like sure, he kills himself in the original game but it was BECAUSE he realized there was no way in hell he would want Marlene to see him as a father after the shit he's done).

And I already heard about the Cid shit, that's just ridiculous when that was the whole point of his character development(He shat on Shera only BECAUSE he believed she fucked everything up for him only to find out later on she was exactly right when he was about to die for it).

It makes perfect sense considering Dyne was supposed to be the worst case possible for Barret(It's why they not only have nearly matching clothes but their gun arms are on different arms) whose only not as psychopathic as Dyne is due to Marlene...

But considering they pussified the shit out of Barret, it makes perfect sense they would have to change Dyne too since the dynamic would be absolute shit.

EDIT: I can guarantee that they will change why and how Lucrecia even went with Hojo's stupid schemes either because:
A) They really want to make Lucrecia a "good girl" rather than the moronic dumbass who ran away from the shit she pulled
B) They go all in and make her as evil as Hojo is but got the short end of the stick to try and make Vincent not look as stupid(but make him look even worse in the process).

Like all of these changes are shit and the more I hear about them, the worse the "Trilogy" comes off to me.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
I don't recall them mentioning Dyne going insane because Jenova cells. I plan on rewatching the thing though.

Shera shit is whatever if only because that whole thing in the original was peak dumbassary on every level. Them making Cid overly nice, hapily flying everyone around and knowing Aerith's mom and shit bothered me more.
EDIT: I can guarantee that they will change why and how Lucrecia even went with Hojo's stupid schemes either because:
A) They really want to make Lucrecia a "good girl" rather than the moronic dumbass who ran away from the shit she pulled
B) They go all in and make her as evil as Hojo is but got the short end of the stick to try and make Vincent not look as stupid(but make him look even worse in the process).

Like all of these changes are shit and the more I hear about them, the worse the "Trilogy" comes off to me.
Everything involving Lucrecia is hilarious as shit. I don't even like Vincent like that but the dude deserved better than some lady leading him on and getting with the scientist version of Satan partly out of spite :mjlol.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The more I hear about this so called remake, the more I question the sanity of ANYONE who actually wants a remake of another FF game at this point. :tripscust

That's why I just want a remaster, or even just a trilogy collection on PS5 for FFXIII, God only knows how badly they'd butcher that story if they tried to remake it.

Back