Spoilers: Final Fantasy VII - Rebirth

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Discuss all things about it here.

So apparently, it's a multiverse by itself now with three intersecting timelines. One where Zack lives. One where Aerith lives. And one where Aerith dies. These time-lines are converging, and Cloud and Sephiroth seem to be the nexus point for them. As they're the only ones experiencing all three at once. Which is weird because it makes it seem as if they're going crazy, but in reality they're somehow observing and experiencing all three. Which ties Zack into it. As due to Cloud thinking he is Zack? Their souls have been linked between two of the timelines. Meaning their apparition can assist the other in combat. This also means Sephiroth can appear in all three time-lines as well. Leading to Zack fighting Bizarro Sephiroth. Who summoned meteor in his timeline.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

So apparently, it's a multiverse by itself now with three intersecting timelines. One where Zack lives. One where Aerith lives. And one where Aerith dies. These time-lines are converging, and Cloud and Sephiroth seem to be the nexus point for them. As they're the only ones experiencing all three at once. Which is weird because it makes it seem as if they're going crazy, but in reality they're somehow observing and experiencing all three. Which ties Zack into it. As due to Cloud thinking he is Zack? Their souls have been linked between two of the timelines. Meaning their apparition can assist the other in combat. This also means Sephiroth can appear in all three time-lines as well. Leading to Zack fighting Bizarro Sephiroth. Who summoned meteor in his timeline.
So anything regarding feats

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Cloud's delusions got so bad now he really is Zack :skully
Actually wild.

Though not exactly. Their souls are definitely connected though, and they can communicate between time-lines. And even summon each other as ghosts.

However, since Cloud is still crazy at this point, it's making his dementia much worse than it was originally. His hallucinations are now intermixed with actual visions of other timelines.

Big upgrade for Zack too. Since now he can one vs one Sephiroth. When before he was outmatched, and he can even fight Sephiroth with the black materia or as Bizarro-Sephiroth.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
And we're not sure whether Cloud is in Aerith is dead or Aerith is alive timeline. Since he is experiencing both at once now. Going by the party's reaction he is in the Aerith is dead timeline, but he is able to talk to and interact with Aerith from the Aerith is alive timeline.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So do we have any more idea on what Sephiroth's endgame is now? At this point my assumption is "convince Cloud not to murder him by merging the timelines and letting him have everything he wants (Aerith/Zack being alive)"

Possibly extending that to the other party members. For example offering Tifa an unburned Niflheim and Barret his friend back.

So the party has to reject the "ideal fantasy" (i.e. a literal fanfiction ending) in order to preserve free will.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
So do we have any more idea on what Sephiroth's endgame is now? At this point my assumption is "convince Cloud not to murder him by merging the timelines and letting him have everything he wants (Aerith/Zack being alive)"

Possibly extending that to the other party members. For example offering Tifa an unburned Niflheim and Barret his friend back.

So the party has to reject the "ideal fantasy" (i.e. a literal fanfiction ending) in order to preserve free will.
Dunno if there is more but from his reborn form

Sephiroth_Reborn476.png

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

They just went in and made everyone specially Sephiroth ridiculous broken out of nowhere,i only wish they could actually tell a decent story instead of this shitshow :skully :skully :skully

They didn't even try to make him more interesting and just shove him in the player face all the time,just like how he now shows up to kill Midgard serpent that is nearly killing cloud, which is way less impactfull than in the OG

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

Nobody knows. Sephiroth is crazier too. I wager it's destroy all time-lines. Instead of just the one. Same motivation as before, but now bigger. Since he wants that but for every timeline. Which means the end goal is the same but across the multiverse too.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Don't have time to play the game right now, and spoilers are a given with this bull shit so I just figured to watch the ending for the hell of it

Story can be a mess, but it was pretty cool to see Cloud and Zack fight in tandem. :hm

Seems like the final battle treats Zack and Cloud as roughly equal, which makes sense tbh. Seemed like Zack got the benefit of Aerith's powers without her manifesting some kind of body while Cloud got her to fight in person in some way that won't be explained for another few years~

Also, Gilgamesh. I know he's been implied to have visited FFVII before (Dissidia and XIII-2 being where it was spelled out respectively IIRC), but seeing it now is fun and the "Battle at the Big Bridge" OST is always fun :maybe

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I love the implication that Zack is now so OP that he can solo the FF VII campaign, and doesn't even need a party or Aerith to cast Holy to save the planet. :trolling
Better than all the people who claim Tifa or Yuffie would stomp Zack lore-wise

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Is Gilgamesh scaling still a thing? Because this version has six arms and actually draws Excalibur.

Granted it was more of a friendly match than anything but still seems pretty decent.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Is Gilgamesh scaling still a thing? Because this version has six arms and actually draws Excalibur.

Granted it was more of a friendly match than anything but still seems pretty decent.
Still a thing, dunno how early into his journey he is though.

w/o Genji seems to be treated like his base where as w/Genji appears to be treated as his full power?

I've kind of given up with understanding how many arms he's supposed to have. Like, he references his transformation and everything with the Genji Armor, but he never increased or decreased his number of arms. Seems like he considers, at least here, his Genji equipment more important for his power shrugs

Back