• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Strongest Shonen Jump universe that Cloud or Sephiroth can solo?

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Yeah I don't really have much to add. Atem and Chaos pretty much sum up everything.

Sephiroth can choose to hax bitches if he wants to because he doesn't need materia to use magic. He just prefers to use elemental magic in tandem with his melee prowess.

However, "Grip of Fate" (one of his moves in Rebirth) can bind you in space/time using the Whispers that he has absorbed. So that's fucked. He uses it in tandem with his telekinesis to lock the party up and draw them in for Octoslash in the VR boss fight.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
I'm unsure if most verses would be able to perceive that attack to defend against it, as the Whispers are completely imperceptible to most people due to being manifestations of the timeline via the Lifestream. Most entities in the series can't see them.

Hell, Cloud and Co couldn't see them until they interacted with Aerith.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Interesting, now mind telling me what you think is the strongest WSJ that both characters can reasonably solo lol.
Oh, only Saint Seiya and DBS are worth a damn, mostly due to speed and hax

Because of shit like Gilgamesh considering Cloud a rival akin to Bartz, bare minimum we’re talking is Galuf second wind fighting Exdeath after overpowering a crystal equal to 1/8th the power of the Void

The Void, and FF in general are further into multiversal than most Shonen Jump offerings.

Oh, only Saint Seiya and DBS are worth a damn, mostly due to speed and hax

Because of shit like Gilgamesh considering Cloud a rival akin to Bartz, bare minimum we’re talking is Galuf second wind fighting Exdeath after overpowering a crystal equal to 1/8th the power of the Void

The Void, and FF in general are further into multiversal than most Shonen Jump offerings.
I'm confused, are you saying that they solo DBS and Saint Seiya due to their speed and hax?

And that's with implied scaling to other FF universes or crossover scalings?

I thought I only intended this to be just FF7 characters with their own scaling (outside of Dissidia as a bonus round). But okay I guess...

Okay so now that atem, punch, and chaos has finally weighed in and offered their two cents on FF7's scaling and feats...

I think to add some level of debate to this thread, we should make a list determining what verses in WSJ that Cloud and Sephiroth CANNOT solo or would have at least a chance of losing to (whether with or without Dissidia feats/scaling)...

Either hax-wise or stat-wise...

With Bobobo and Dr Slump as the two most obvious answers on top, let's work our way down from there.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
What series have defenses against transmutation (frog/petrification), time manipulation (slow/stop/Whispers), spacial manipulation (gravity/Shadow Flare), mental manipulation (illusions, telepathy, mind-control), vitality manipulation (death, Heartless Angel)? Who can come back from being bamfed to another dimension or travel to another dimension under their own power? Those are the hax things that Sephiroth can do.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
What series have defenses against transmutation (frog/petrification), time manipulation (slow/stop/Whispers), spacial manipulation (gravity/Shadow Flare), mental manipulation (illusions, telepathy, mind-control), vitality manipulation (death, Heartless Angel)? Who can come back from being bamfed to another dimension or travel to another dimension under their own power? Those are the hax things that Sephiroth can do.
Dragon Ball is the only one that comes to mind for everything you just listed

Most Shonen are kinda screwed to time manipulation alone

Anyways to continue with WSJ verses that might either neg both Cloud and Sephiroth or potentially beat/surpass these two by at least a close margin in either stats or hax outside of Dragon Ball, Bobobo, and Dr Slump:

Medaka Box (via their best hax)?
Saint Seiya?
Bastard?
JJBA?
Toriko?

Also forgot to mention: One Punch Man perhaps?

Would Yugioh be a good candidate with its few top-tiers punching into universal+ range?

Shaman King with Hao Asakura merged with the Great Spirit maybe?

Am I missing anything else? Or is that pretty much all of them up to this point in WSJ's current publications for now?

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
Yugioh top tiers are multiversal, although it comes mostly from the anime (then again apparently the Duel Links manga canonized everything or some shit like that? Not too sure)

Eztephan

Preeminent
Just WSJ or also other Shueisha's magazines like Jump Square and mangaplus/jump+?
Just the hax mentioned, Medaka Box, Undead Unluck, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Houshin Engi, Bastard!!, Shaman King, Jojo's, Dragon Quest Dai Adventures and probably others that doesn't cross my mind right now or i didn't know. But they had characters that had deffense agains those hax.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
Just WSJ or also other Shueisha's magazines like Jump Square and mangaplus/jump+?

Just the hax mentioned, Medaka Box, Undead Unluck, Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Houshin Engi, Bastard!!, Shaman King, Jojo's, Dragon Quest Dai Adventures and probably others that doesn't cross my mind right now or i didn't know. But they had characters that had deffense agains those hax.
Then that is where the comparisons should start. What are the stats of the top tiers in those verses?

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I'm confused, are you saying that they solo DBS and Saint Seiya due to their speed and hax?
No, I’m saying DBS and SS only win by virtue of better speed and hax. FF is deeper into multiversal when the scale comes up.
And that's with implied scaling to other FF universes or crossover scalings?

I thought I only intended this to be just FF7 characters with their own scaling (outside of Dissidia as a bonus round). But okay I guess...
Gilgamesh and the Interdimensional Rift

The rift connects all of FF and Gilgamesh often appears during his travels through it in other universes such as he does with FFVII Rebirth.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
non-Rebirth sounds like they get walled by GER for JoJo (as 90% of jojo threads go :wow ) but Rebirth may be too much. Toriko has access and resistance to a lot of these hax, but they cap at solar system level besides the god tiers that nobody scales to at all.

Whichever versions get the multiversal scaling should clear JoJo though

Yugioh top tiers are multiversal, although it comes mostly from the anime (then again apparently the Duel Links manga canonized everything or some shit like that? Not too sure)
It seems the only Yugioh characters with tiering or series whose cosmology is arguably well beyond low-multiversal size or range is the manga version of Yugioh Arc-V with this protagonist named Yuya Sakaki with G.O.D. based on statements (scans courtesy of whoever did his profile on VSBW):

But would just low-multiversal or universal+ attack potency alone be overkill against the non-Dissidia versions of both Cloud and Sephiroth in direct combat I assume? If so, wouldn't Harakhti or Yubel prevent Cloud and Sephiroth from clearing the anime version of GX or even the original Yugioh series?

Back