Super Robot Wars: Calamitous Dawn

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
@The Ancient Purple
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
At Ignus declaration, Liam's body seized up, going over the grim news and the battle to come.
From the way that the Knight Scion had talked, this was something from his universe, part of the Total War he fought on a daily basis: he spoke of demons, corruption, and taint like it was nothing, however, it was clear that what they had to do was something that they had to deal with time and time again, a slaughter of people that had no fault other than being caught in an attack.

"Is it truly necessary? It's not possible that everyone on that massive ship was infected, corrupted, or whatever. If we move we can certainly help the survivors"

Liam had already pushed on the pedals, making the Null run to catch up to the others with big leaps. The suspensions groaned due to the stronger stress, not used to real gravity, but they held for now.
The scientist had another reason to be worried, something that had loomed over him since joining the crew of the Virtue like a dark omen.

He was going to be forced to kill.

The demons, maybe he could rationalize it, thinking them as just unthinking machines that would shoot him down in a heartbeat.
But Ignus was talking about culling civilians and...

He hoped that there would be another way.

"If they have been corrupted, their souls are no longer in control of their bodies. Infact, its highly likely their souls have already been consumed since it appears the Gellar Field has failed. If there are seemingly uncorrupted survivors, they must still be checked, as the taint can hide itself away for years until it makes itself known. That is its true threat."

I still hadn't received any pings back from the cruiser, so as we moved closer I sent another burst of Binary, hoping to instead connect to any Noosphere equipment on the Lunar Cruiser.
“If the Knight Scion’s judgment here is true, there should be no hesitation,” Daniel said. That was a lesson he learned early on in his struggles against the enemy. “Hesitation here leads to death. Or worse.”

It seemed cold, but this was the kind of world they lived in. They couldn’t afford to let down their guard.

sir_fire

Distinguished
@The Ancient Purple
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
At Ignus declaration, Liam's body seized up, going over the grim news and the battle to come.
From the way that the Knight Scion had talked, this was something from his universe, part of the Total War he fought on a daily basis: he spoke of demons, corruption, and taint like it was nothing, however, it was clear that what they had to do was something that they had to deal with time and time again, a slaughter of people that had no fault other than being caught in an attack.

"Is it truly necessary? It's not possible that everyone on that massive ship was infected, corrupted, or whatever. If we move we can certainly help the survivors"

Liam had already pushed on the pedals, making the Null run to catch up to the others with big leaps. The suspensions groaned due to the stronger stress, not used to real gravity, but they held for now.
The scientist had another reason to be worried, something that had loomed over him since joining the crew of the Virtue like a dark omen.

He was going to be forced to kill.

The demons, maybe he could rationalize it, thinking them as just unthinking machines that would shoot him down in a heartbeat.
But Ignus was talking about culling civilians and...

He hoped that there would be another way.

"If they have been corrupted, their souls are no longer in control of their bodies. Infact, its highly likely their souls have already been consumed since it appears the Gellar Field has failed. If there are seemingly uncorrupted survivors, they must still be checked, as the taint can hide itself away for years until it makes itself known. That is its true threat."

I still hadn't received any pings back from the cruiser, so as we moved closer I sent another burst of Binary, hoping to instead connect to any Noosphere equipment on the Lunar Cruiser.

“If the Knight Scion’s judgment here is true, there should be no hesitation,” Daniel said. That was a lesson he learned early on in his struggles against the enemy. “Hesitation here leads to death. Or worse.”

It seemed cold, but this was the kind of world they lived in. They couldn’t afford to let down their guard.
The quartet, against all that is sane and reasonable, went towards the impact area rather than away from it. As they rushed forth to their doom as if to embrace it like a lover, watching as the stricken Cruiser inch closer and closer towards the Earth. And when the fatal impact came, there was a deafening thunderclap and a massive cloud of sand and rock upheaved by the sheer force of the crash; scattering ejecta for kilometers around, even with the low speed the massive vessel had been going. And the quartet was well within the area of the earth-rain...

Afterward, the clap was followed by an ungodly, ear-piercing keen of screeching, groaning metal as inertia caused the shipwreck to carve a trench upon the planet's crust with its underside, even from kilometers away, the horrible cacophony was painful to listen to, even with noise cancellation and had lasted for far too long before it mercifully fades as the ship gradually came to a halt.

By the time the broken lance had crested a massive dune, likely created or enlarged by the impact; they would, at last, get a good look at the Lunar-Class Cruiser: Even in death, with its ram broken off, several of its engines dislodged from the violence of its crash landing and its hull scorched black by reentry; it still made for a magnificent sight, especially with the still-intact statue of an angel upon the summit of its bridge, almost as large as one of the mechs bearing witness to it; making it look less like wreckage and more a grand wonder left behind by an ancient precursor.

Then the Mechanicum Questor picks something up over the radio, on an Imperium of Man frequency; specifically, one used for emergencies and distress calls. Currently very choppy and faint, but a problem that is not at all difficult to rectify.

Last edited:

Sigismund

The quartet, against all that is sane and reasonable, went towards the impact area rather than away from it. As they rushed forth to their doom as if to embrace it like a lover, watching as the stricken Cruiser inch closer and closer towards the Earth. And when the fatal impact came, there was a deafening thunderclap and a massive cloud of sand and rock upheaved by the sheer force of the crash; scattering ejecta for kilometers around, even with the low speed the massive vessel had been going. And the quartet was well within the area of the earth-rain...

Afterward, the clap was followed by an ungodly, ear-piercing keen of screeching, groaning metal as inertia caused the shipwreck to carve a trench upon the planet's crust with its underside, even from kilometers away, the horrible cacophony was painful to listen to, even with noise cancellation and had lasted for far too long before it mercifully fades as the ship gradually came to a halt.

By the time the broken lance had crested a massive dune, likely created or enlarged by the impact; they would, at last, get a good look at the Lunar-Class Cruiser: Even in death, with its ram broken off, several of its engines dislodged from the violence of its crash landing and its hull scorched black by reentry; it still made for a magnificent sight, especially with the still-intact statue of an angel upon the summit of its bridge, almost as large as one of the mechs bearing witness to it; making it look less like wreckage and more a grand wonder left behind by an ancient precursor.

Then the Mechanicum Questor picks something up over the radio, on an Imperium of Man frequency; specifically, one used for emergencies and distress calls. Currently very choppy and faint, but a problem that is not at all difficult to rectify.
With an Imperial Vox channel now being used, Ignus's systems worked to focus and refine the vox wave. Another burst of binary I sent out, using the reflection off the comms of the other knights near me to try and focus the channel down further.

Since no shambling horrors were, as of the immediate moment, setting upon us this seemed like the best time to do such.

"There is an emergency call still active within the wreckage. Give Ignus a moment to try and focus the call, or if you all can help boost communications signals so we can get a clear channel."

There was the possibility of direct lazer communication, and to slip into the Cruiser's noosphere... if it was still active. With the current status of the ship being "spread out over an even larger area than normal" I highly doubted the ancient noosphere systems were still intact and running. Or even if they were, the section of the ship they were apart of may not be the section with the distress call.

Thus I could only wait for the signal to clear to hear the situation.

sir_fire

Distinguished
With an Imperial Vox channel now being used, Ignus's systems worked to focus and refine the vox wave. Another burst of binary I sent out, using the reflection off the comms of the other knights near me to try and focus the channel down further.

Since no shambling horrors were, as of the immediate moment, setting upon us this seemed like the best time to do such.

"There is an emergency call still active within the wreckage. Give Ignus a moment to try and focus the call, or if you all can help boost communications signals so we can get a clear channel."

There was the possibility of direct lazer communication, and to slip into the Cruiser's noosphere... if it was still active. With the current status of the ship being "spread out over an even larger area than normal" I highly doubted the ancient noosphere systems were still intact and running. Or even if they were, the section of the ship they were apart of may not be the section with the distress call.

Thus I could only wait for the signal to clear to hear the situation.
The Mechanicum Questor finally gets a clear transmission from the crash and it doesn't paint a pretty picture...

"This is the Inquisitorial Cruiser Mercury's Alacrity, calling to any of the Emperor's subjects. If you can hear this, please... End us. Our Lord Inquisitor Prozen is gone, having given his life to take the place of our dead navigator to deliver us from an encroaching storm, but only just... For our Gellar Fields have failed during transit and it is only by our late lord's grace that he had warded the sub-bridge, but even as we speak, the seals grow weaker and weaker, we have received no word from the enginarium despite our repeated hails and the howls of the warpspawn grow ever louder on the main bridge above us... God-Emperor deliver us, please... Deliver us from the dark gods... Deliver us from an eternity of torment... God-Emperor... Please..."

It didn't sound like a recording at first, the quality was a bit too clear for that, but seconds later transmission looped; this time, with the obvious signs of audio degradation from sub-par recording equipment and there was no ping in response to the Questor. It seems that while the bridge crew can send, they couldn't receive; likely due to damage to the Mercury's vox array. They will have to approach to communicate...

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

The massive ship had made its inevitable impact, and it was as thunderous and ear-splitting as expected. A massive plume of sand and pulverized rock was raised by the ship’s fateful collision, and earth rained on them. The sound of metal wailing was heard as it scraped itself on the ground, undoubtedly making a large trench. It was a terrible noise that ultimately passed, thankfully, and they all continued to approach the impact area, probably against their better judgment.

After the four made their way through a particularly large dune, there was at last a clear view of the vessel. Its hull was severely blackened by the fires of reentry and broken in many places, but the craftsmanship that went into building the ship was still very apparent. The statue of an angel was on it, still whole, as if to defy the destruction visited on the rest of the ship. However, Daniel thought even that would probably change not too long from now, if the situation was as dangerous as Velrin thought.

He waited for whatever input the Knight Scion would likely provide.

Sigismund

The Mechanicum Questor finally gets a clear transmission from the crash and it doesn't paint a pretty picture...

"This is the Inquisitorial Cruiser Mercury's Alacrity, calling to any of the Emperor's subjects. If you can hear this, please... End us. Our Lord Inquisitor Prozen is gone, having given his life to take the place of our dead navigator to deliver us from an encroaching storm, but only just... For our Gellar Fields have failed during transit and it is only by our late lord's grace that he had warded the sub-bridge, but even as we speak, the seals grow weaker and weaker, we have received no word from the enginarium despite our repeated hails and the howls of the warpspawn grow ever louder on the main bridge above us... God-Emperor deliver us, please... Deliver us from the dark gods... Deliver us from an eternity of torment... God-Emperor... Please..."

It didn't sound like a recording at first, the quality was a bit too clear for that, but seconds later transmission looped; this time, with the obvious signs of audio degradation from sub-par recording equipment and there was no ping in response to the Questor. It seems that while the bridge crew can send, they couldn't receive; likely due to damage to the Mercury's vox array. They will have to approach to communicate...
The subbridge?
I myself didn't remember the exact layout of a Lunar Class Cruiser, but with the ship having spilled its insides across the sands, along with some layouts of other Lunar Cruisers Ignus had been in, triangulating where the subbridge was should be just figuring out which part if the ship that was in and heading to that section.

Ignus pulled up a Noosphere return on the files of this ship. I glanced at the records that were pulled up as, Ignus put an overlay to my senses, highlighting the candidate for subbridge.

There was no more time to lose.

It seemed the Subbridge was (sensibly) in the mass of the ship. That made mercy via external fire impossible in the current timeframe. Maybe a manipule of Battle Titans or an Emperor could breach the meters thick plating of the ship. Our Banner of Knights couldn't hope to do so, so we would have to enter in through the tear in the armor to even get to a firing position. It appeared that the subbridge was less protected, and could withstand Knight scale fire for a non indefinite period of time. A possible emergency entrance, if wrapping around to the split didn't prove enough.

None the less, I urged Ignus forward faster. The dust from the impact had not yet settled, but that mattered little to Ignus's senses.

"The only way inside of the ship to where Ignus's records and evaluation place the subbridge is the rent of the plated armor. I can tell you all right now blasting through the side of the ship will not be possible in a timeframe to save their souls. What is on that recording isn't wrong. If you see an abomination about to consume someone, do not hold your fire on their account. Their lives have been forefit for years, same as I, serving to guard Humanity from these horrors. Let them die by the hands of Man so their souls can still proved service and protection to humanity in the Omnissiah's name !"

Last edited:

sir_fire

Distinguished
The subbridge?
I myself didn't remember the exact layout of a Lunar Class Cruiser, but with the ship having spilled its insides across the sands, along with some layouts of other Lunar Cruisers Ignus had been in, triangulating where the subbridge was should be just figuring out which part if the ship that was in and heading to that section.

Ignus pulled up his hundreds years old files on another Cruiser. Assuming the Inquisitior didn't significantly change the layout, Ignus put an overlay to my senses, highlighting the likely candidate for subbridge while ear marking possible modification transfer points.

It seemed the Subbridge was (sensibly) in the mass of the ship. That made mercy via external fire impossible in the current timeframe. Maybe a manipule of Battle Titans or an Emperor could breach the meters thick plating of the ship. Our Banner of Knights couldn't hope to do so, so we would have to enter in through the tear in the armor to even get to a firing position.

None the less, I urged Ignus forward faster. The dust from the impact had not yet settled, but that mattered little to Ignus's senses.

"The only way inside of the ship to where Ignus's records and evaluation place the subbridge is the rent of the plated armor. I can tell you all right now blasting through the side of the ship will not be possible in a timeframe to save their souls. What is on that recording isn't wrong. If you see an abomination about to consume someone, do not hold your fire on their account. Their lives have been forefit for years, same as I, serving to guard Humanity from these horrors. Let them die by the hands of Man so their souls can still proved service and protection to humanity in the Omnissiah's name !"
The records indicated that the Mercury's Alacrity was an Ordo Malleus vessel under the command of a Lord Inquisitor Felix Prozen, while most of the ship's exploits were unsurprisingly heavily censored and redacted, save for one Exterminatus action it participated in against a world that was already lost to heresy and damnation even before its intervention; the sanitized summary states that it was generally involved in preventative missions, proactively and preemptively neutralizing chaotic threats by subtly eliminating them before they can grow to become a problem, its mission profile aided by the fact that it looks and is built just like the average Imperial Navy ship-of-the-line, save for a dummy ramming spar to save weight and the bow torpedo tubes and magazines replaced by black cells for containing prisoners, daemonic artifacts and psykers while in transit. Given the current state that it is in and with nothing in the Questor's files telling him where and what its last posting was, clearly points to a mission gone horrendously awry.

But the most important thing to get was, that the Sub-Bridge's location was (obviously) located directly underneath the main bridge, built right into the superstructure and that it doubled as a viewing deck, albeit one protected with several foot-thick retracting adamantium-ceramite shutters and a special kind of transparent polymer that bore the strength of steel and the clarity of glass. Still relatively hard to breach with Knight-scale weaponry, but nowhere near as hard to punch through as the rest of the hull.

Last edited:

sippinggp

The beast soon exposed its whole body, an intimidating figure to be sure. Kushala gulped, pulling at the collar of his own shirt, admittedly anxious, he finally revealed himself to humanity, the feeling was almost... scary.
Lightning flashed above Akira setting warning alarms off in his head. He looked up to see a colossal metal figure looming over him. For a moment all he could do was stare. He had thought that the Getter Robo was massive, but this thing dwarfed it by several times. In a flash, he jumped back into the mecha, not even bothering to close the cockpit as he yanked on the sticks, doing his best to get it to move. But to his dismay it remained still, powered down and silent in the dirt. He had to make a quick decision or else he might die. The Getter Robo was out of commission and he could very well be dead in a moment.

His mind flashed back to earlier in his life. Around twenty years ago, fighting against the she-bitch Sirene. Despite his strength, the fight had been close enough that it was unclear for the majority of the battle who would come out on top. When it seemed like he had won, and he had struck her down, she fused with her subordinate and redoubled her efforts. At that time he was weak enough that had she been able to she would have easily finished him off. He could vividly remember how he felt moments before he lost consciousness. The overwhelming dread that looming death brought. He had survived, due to the fact that the hybrid creature had died itself moments before it struck.

That very same fear welled up inside him again. But unlike then, when he was inexperienced and afraid, he now had twenty years of experience. A lifetime of death and rage and violence. Countless eternity's spent suffering in Hell. He was NOT the same Devilman he was as a boy. Despite having the physical form of his younger self his mind was trained and honed for fighting. The strength he had forged in the fires of Satan's kingdom returned to him, and in a flash, he transformed to his devilish state.

He leaped into the air, black wings flapping rapidly as he ascended to the level of the metal creature. Meeting its gaze, he floated in place, his arms crossed and his face locked into a determined expression. His voice boomed with authority.

"Watashi o koroshitaidesu ka? Watashi wa jigoku no hi o ikinobimashita! Anata ga tatakai o shitai nonara,-sō shite kudasai. Demo, yoroshikereba riyū o o kiki shitai to omoimasu." (Do you wish to kill me? I have survived hellfire! If you wish to do battle so be it. But if I may, I'd like to ask the reason.)

His eyes burned with the heat of a thousand flames as he glared into the eyes of Uzahra. If he could not use the Getter's strength he would rely on his own power. The power he had earned through sheer strength of will.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
The subbridge?

Ignus pulled up a Noosphere return on the files of this ship. I glanced at the records that were pulled up as, Ignus put an overlay to my senses, highlighting the candidate for subbridge.

It seemed the Subbridge was (sensibly) in the mass of the ship. That made mercy via external fire impossible in the current timeframe. Maybe a manipule of Battle Titans or an Emperor could breach the meters thick plating of the ship. Our Banner of Knights couldn't hope to do so, so we would have to enter in through the tear in the armor to even get to a firing position. It appeared that the subbridge was less protected, and could withstand Knight scale fire for a non indefinite period of time. A possible emergency entrance, if wrapping around to the split didn't prove enough.

“I’ll do whatever’s necessary,” Daniel said. It was the truth, though if it’s possible to save lives that are…untainted, he would do so. If not, well, he wouldn’t at all like it, but he’d kill them if the alternative was that much worse. Daniel briefly wondered what the Omnissiah Velrin swore to was, but that’s a conversation for another time.

The Aeolus moved forward, and came across what should be the least armored part of the ship, where the sub-bridge is located. Least armored meaning it was still protected by several foot thick shutters and a transparent material, which looked clear as glass but on a vessel like this, it’d be nowhere near as fragile. The beam rifle was readied and aimed, prepared for the breaching action.

sir_fire

Distinguished
@TrickOLF @Mazin Kiryu

Shinkai loudly clears his throat to get everybody's attention.

"Now I know it's quite important to get the two isekais up to speed with how the world is and how they'll get to fit into it but... We kind of have a scheduled appointment with the base commander involving official business with some very rich and powerful men, so can't we move along a bit and have you two just settle your matters in a more... Private area and preferably not in a way that treats Colonel Steiner's office as if it were a school principal's? This is a military installation after all."

The young man turns to look at his partner, who only gives an indistinct glance aside; she was going to wait and see if he had what it took to get people to listen to what he had to say, even if the way he said it wasn't to her standards. Steiner meanwhile shrugs, seeing the logic in Shinkai's words.

"He has a point. Orban, escort these two to their accommodations. Oh and make sure the kid in the muffler fills his forms in."

Steiner hands Orban the same type of documents he gave Kane earlier.

"In the town or...?"

"The hotel, Orban. And tell our darling receptionist that I approved their stay."

"Y-Yes sir, If you two would follow me..."

Orban beckons for Kane and Tyzell to follow him outside.

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
@TrickOLF @Mazin Kiryu

"Now I know it's quite important to get the two isekais up to speed with how the world is and how they'll get to fit into it but... We kind of have a scheduled appointment with the base commander involving official business with some very rich and powerful men, so can't we move along a bit and have you two just settle your matters in a more... Private area and preferably not in a way that treats Colonel Steiner's office as if it were a school principal's? This is a military installation after all."

The young man turns to look at his partner, who only gives an indistinct glance aside; she was going to wait and see if he had what it took to get people to listen to what he had to say, even if the way he said it wasn't to her standards. Steiner meanwhile shrugs, seeing the logic in Shinkai's words.

"He has a point. Orban, escort these two to their accommodations. Oh and make sure the kid in the muffler fills his forms in."

"In the town or...?"

"The hotel, Orban. And tell our darling receptionist that I approved their stay."

Before Kane could answe Tyzell, Shinkai would gain attention with his action and speak, guess he has a point and would much rather speak to the new pilot without any guess or interruption.

“Alright Sir, apologies for taking up your time during this whole mess.” He said to Steiner and then he look at Shinkai and Stella as he bow in respect.

“Apologies to you both, I hope we meet again in a better time, as for you” Kane said looking at Tyzell before humming.

“Tell me more on how you know about Mazinger Z, if you gonna end up piloting him, I might as well help ya out!” He said excited as he gave a grin to Tyzell, feeling a bit too much excited to have a partner during this whole thing.

TrickOLF

@TrickOLF @Mazin Kiryu

"In the town or...?"

It was then that we're told to essentially get the fuck out and sign up some forms...or well, I have to sign some forms. I raised my hands in surrender.

"Alright, sure, why not? I need a break after that entire mess...on my leave, sir." I then noted, bowing to the guy who was in charge before following on outside.

It was then that my new friend decided to ask on something.

Before Kane could answe Tyzell, Shinkai would gain attention with his action and speak, guess he has a point and would much rather speak to the new pilot without any guess or interruption.

“Alright Sir, apologies for taking up your time during this whole mess.” He said to Steiner and then he look at Shinkai and Stella as he bow in respect.

“Apologies to you both, I hope we meet again in a better time, as for you” Kane said looking at Tyzell before humming.

“Tell me more on how you know about Mazinger Z, if you gonna end up piloting him, I might as well help ya out!” He said excited as he gave a grin to Tyzell, feeling a bit too much excited to have a partner during this whole thing.

"Ah, well, I don't know exactly everything, ya know. Most of what I've learned piloting the thing was mostly reading a big book I got shoved with when I was piloting the Hover Pilder. They said it was mostly optional, but hey, it's a full-blown manual written by Koji Kabuto himself, of course I'd try to read it..." I then reply with a shrug and a smile.

"That being said, best I could do currently is get an idea of the Z's limbs and flight controls with the Jet Scrander. I've yet to actually perform any of the badass arsenals on hand. Which, yeah, I'm lucky I didn't accidentally pulled a Breast Fire when I got here..."

sir_fire

Distinguished

It was then that we're told to essentially get the fuck out and sign up some forms...or well, I have to sign some forms. I raised my hands in surrender.

"Alright, sure, why not? I need a break after that entire mess...on my leave, sir." I then noted, bowing to the guy who was in charge before following on outside.

It was then that my new friend decided to ask on something.

"Ah, well, I don't know exactly everything, ya know. Most of what I've learned piloting the thing was mostly reading a big book I got shoved with when I was piloting the Hover Pilder. They said it was mostly optional, but hey, it's a full-blown manual written by Koji Kabuto himself, of course I'd try to read it..." I then reply with a shrug and a smile.

"That being said, best I could do currently is get an idea of the Z's limbs and flight controls with the Jet Scrander. I've yet to actually perform any of the badass arsenals on hand. Which, yeah, I'm lucky I didn't accidentally pulled a Breast Fire when I got here..."
Shinkai raises his hand goodbye to Kane while Stella just stares with just the smallest hint of satisfaction now that the distractions were gone for a brief moment as the super robot pilots were ushered out before she gets onto business.

"Right then, as what we were originally here for-"

Orban closes the door, removing the Mazinger pilots from the likely very dry and boring official business the two consultants had with the Colonel. As they were led by Orban deeper into the base, they would then be greeted by the hotel Steiner was talking about and he was not exaggerating at all when he called it that:

Airbase_Hotel-Kalsdorf_bei_Graz-Aussenansicht-981787_600x600.jpg

The hotel really did look the part, though a bit weathered; likely due to the paint and maintenance budget being prioritized for the actual military structures in the base itself, speaking of; given the worn facade, the hotel seemed like it had been around for quite some time, telling that the powers that be decided not to tear down or repurpose the structure as a barracks. As the trio got closer, they would see some people milling around outside the hotel, clearly not military due to a lack of uniform and the fact that they were drinking beer and smoking fags right out in the open, but at least one of them looked like they were wearing a pilot suit of some sort underneath a flight jacket.

"Well, here we are. Thalerhof Airbase's mercenary quarter."

sippinggp

Bastilla Char
Unknown Desert

A small warning light pulsed in the cockpit. Klaxons blared and Bastilla was shocked awake, lying facedown on the console in front of him. He looked around. Gaia Gear was lying face down. He looked behind him, and up into the sky, the 3d cockpit giving him a view of his Man-Machines surroundings. He found himself stranded in some sort of desert. How he had gotten there, he did not know. But that was something, it seemed, that he would need to figure out at a late.

"What the hell..."

The last thing he remembered he was fighting against the Man-Hunters near the moon. They tracked down Mother Metatron and were closing in for the kill. Bastilla had deployed to fend them off while the ship prepared to escape. He was cutting his way through their numbers and the MM was about ready to go when...it all went black, and he woke up here. Did he get shot down? And somehow survive not only re-entering the atmosphere but the impact of the crash? That didn't seem to be the case given that the Gaia Gear wasn't melting in a smouldering crater.

He willed the machine to push against the ground and climb to its feet, and surveyed his surrounding area. For kilometers, all that could be seen was desert and more desert, save for a strange object about five km off in the distance. It was some sort of structure, and the longer he looked at it the deeper the pit in his stomach became. He felt a tingle in the back of his head. Like a warning was blaring in his head saying 'DANGER! GO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION!' Every instinct in his body was telling him that he should absolutely stay away from it, and his instincts were always right.

Regardless of the gut-wrenching superstructure, he needed to get Gaia Gear back in order. Flipping various switches and running through mental checklists silenced the klaxon, and the light blinked out. He got a handle on the control sticks and took stock. Everything he had when he was fighting the MHA (Man-Hunting Agency). The funnels were charged, his weapons loaded, his power (as always) at its limit.

Suddenly his proximity alarm blared, and he snapped to the right, eyeing the radar screen. Four machines of unknown origin were... approaching the structure. Wonderful. At the same time, he felt a familiar feeling, though a feeling he had only experienced once before when pitted up against a Newtype in the MHA. This sensation. A Newtype was among that group.

Having another Newtype for Metatron would be extremely fortuitous. Besides, perhaps these other pilots would have an idea of where he was stranded.

Gaia Gear leaped up, thrusters flaring and transformed into its fighter mode, shooting off into the direction of the signals. If he was lucky, they would be unafilliated. If he wasn't then he'd be dealing with Z or MHA forces.

Cavaliere

Notorious

“I’ll do whatever’s necessary,” Daniel said. It was the truth, though if it’s possible to save lives that are…untainted, he would do so. If not, well, he wouldn’t at all like it, but he’d kill them if the alternative was that much worse. Daniel briefly wondered what the Omnissiah Velrin swore to was, but that’s a conversation for another time.

The Aeolus moved forward, and came across what should be the least armored part of the ship, where the sub-bridge is located. Least armored meaning it was still protected by several foot thick shutters and a transparent material, which looked clear as glass but on a vessel like this, it’d be nowhere near as fragile. The beam rifle was readied and aimed, prepared for the breaching action.
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
With a tug on the controls and a push of the pedals, the Null took flight, following the other machines as they moved towards the ship.

That spaceship... it was massive: designed like a floating fortress out of a history book, the one that he only ever saw in passing, the ship was highly decorated with golden, sharp arches adding to the austerity of the already very militaristic superstructure; while he didn't have specific measurements, even this piece could easily fit at least five Archangel-Class ships from his home... universe?

Did it count if now they were all merged?

No, he was distracting himself, failing at it miserably like many things in his life.
Great Scott, he was pathetic...

"I'm right behind you..." he said raising the Beam Rifle high in preparation for battle and flowing the wings on his pack to allow him to enter the cavity.

"How much space we can expect to move? Corridors? Open hangars?"

Mazin Kiryu

Notorious
Shinkai raises his hand goodbye to Kane while Stella just stares with just the smallest hint of satisfaction now that the distractions were gone for a brief moment as the super robot pilots were ushered out before she gets onto business.

"Right then, as what we were originally here for-"

Orban closes the door, removing the Mazinger pilots from the likely very dry and boring official business the two consultants had with the Colonel. As they were led by Orban deeper into the base, they would then be greeted by the hotel Steiner was talking about and he was not exaggerating at all when he called it that:

Airbase_Hotel-Kalsdorf_bei_Graz-Aussenansicht-981787_600x600.jpg

The hotel really did look the part, though a bit weathered; likely due to the paint and maintenance budget being prioritized for the actual military structures in the base itself, speaking of; given the worn facade, the hotel seemed like it had been around for quite some time, telling that the powers that be decided not to tear down or repurpose the structure as a barracks. As the trio got closer, they would see some people milling around outside the hotel, clearly not military due to a lack of uniform and the fact that they were drinking beer and smoking fags right out in the open, but at least one of them looked like they were wearing a pilot suit of some sort underneath a flight jacket.

"Well, here we are. Thalerhof Airbase's mercenary quarter."
Kane would be escorted out as he follow Orban, as he stare at the mercenary quarters, he honestly didn’t like the sound of Mercenary but given that a better way to say isekai than being called a Isekai.

“Seems like a nice place?” He said, as he turn to to Tyzell, answering his question.

“Hey don’t worry, it takes practice to pilot a Super robot like Z, if you ever need tip or advice, ya can ask freely.” He said with a nod.

sir_fire

Distinguished
@Sigismund @Cavaliere @Crimson Dragoon @sippinggp @The Ancient Purple

Approaching the shipwreck, it seemed as if there was no truly easy way of ingress into the hull as most of the damage seemed to have stemmed from collision and reentry rather than gunfire and from the looks of it, the only place the mechs could really have the room to stretch their legs are the inside of the two sets of gun batteries, one housing a full broadside of cannons with ludicrously large bores, more than wide enough for any one of the quartet to crawl into, the other a bank of multi-barrel laser beam projectors, each one the size of an apartment building; both of which combined took up more than a third of the titanic vessel's hull. If the quartet circled to the other side of the crash site, however, they'd find their first entrance in the form of the starboard cannon batteries, or rather what's left of them after its magazine blew up.

Alternatively, a closer inspection on the main part of the vessel, the one that housed the bridge and its skyscraper-sized engines; would yield a harder, more awkward point of entry in the form of the engine housings, rather, the ones that now lay empty after their thrusters have been dislodged by the crash landing as there's no telling what sort of radiation or dangerous debris would be encountered when making an entry through the nacelles, especially for the kind of power needed to propel such a cyclopean construct with any form of mobility. However, taking this route would be the quickest, most efficient way into the heart of the vessel: The Plasma Drive, and according to thermal and radiation scans; the Mercury's heart beats still...

But there lies another problem, namely the issue of the survivors in the sub-bridge, while the Questor would have roughly sufficient knowledge to scuttle the plasma drive and purge the ship of Daemons in nuclear flame by initiating a destabilization through the ancient and sacred rite of running the plasma drive at full power and then blasting the cryonic cooling systems of the nuclear fusion core into smithereens; perhaps seeking the advice of the Mercury's custodians would make such a deed less likely to involve shooting a building-sized tank full of near-absolute zero materials while standing right next to it and then hoping that the reactor doesn't get hot enough too fast to get away from before it ends up birthing a miniature sun.

Last edited:

Sigismund

Approaching the shipwreck, it seemed as if there was no truly easy way of ingress into the hull as most of the damage seemed to have stemmed from collision and reentry rather than gunfire and from the looks of it, the only place the mechs could really have the room to stretch their legs are the inside of the two sets of gun batteries, one housing a full broadside of cannons with ludicrously large bores, more than wide enough for any one of the quartet to crawl into, the other a bank of multi-barrel laser beam projectors, each one the size of an apartment building; both of which combined took up more than a third of the titanic vessel's hull. If the quartet circled to the other side of the crash site, however, they'd find their first entrance in the form of the starboard cannon batteries, or rather what's left of them after its magazine blew up.

Alternatively, a closer inspection on the main part of the vessel, the one that housed the hull and its skyscraper-sized engines; would yield a harder, more awkward point of entry in the form of the engine housings, rather, the ones that now lay empty after their thrusters have been dislodged by the crash landing as there's no telling what sort of radiation or dangerous debris would be encountered when making an entry in that matter, especially for the kind of power needed to propel such a cyclopean construct with any form of mobility. However, taking this route would be the quickest, most efficient way into the heart of the vessel: The Plasma Drive, and according to thermal and radiation scans; the Mercury's heart beats still...

But there lies another problem, namely the issue of the survivors in the sub-bridge, while the Questor would have roughly sufficient knowledge to scuttle the plasma drive and purge the ship of Daemons in nuclear flame by initiating a destabilization through the ancient and sacred rite of running the plasma drive at full power and then blasting the cryonic cooling systems of the nuclear fusion core into smithereens; perhaps seeking the advice of the Mercury's custodians would make such a deed less likely to involve shooting a building-sized tank full of near-absolute zero materials while standing right next to it and then hoping that the reactor doesn't get hot enough too fast to get away from it before it turns into a miniature sun.

"Entering in through the engine housing is the more expedient entry, and we may be able to make comminucations with possible short wave vox commincates at that range. That allows us to establish if/how many survivors yet remain. They may also have a better way to vent the plasma from the ship's main drive to aid in clearing away the corruption, as my best knowledge on how to do so would also preferably have us several dozen kilometers away."

Shifting, Ignus turned down on the path to the drive housing,
William Liam Tinmall
<<<Ø>>>
With a tug on the controls and a push of the pedals, the Null took flight, following the other machines as they moved towards the ship.

That spaceship... it was massive: designed like a floating fortress out of a history book, the one that he only ever saw in passing, the ship was highly decorated with golden, sharp arches adding to the austerity of the already very militaristic superstructure; while he didn't have specific measurements, even this piece could easily fit at least five Archangel-Class ships from his home... universe?

Did it count if now they were all merged?

No, he was distracting himself, failing at it miserably like many things in his life.
Great Scott, he was pathetic...

"I'm right behind you..." he said raising the Beam Rifle high in preparation for battle and flowing the wings on his pack to allow him to enter the cavity.

"How much space we can expect to move? Corridors? Open hangars?"

"Don't expect much mobility, while the corridors should be large enough to have all of us move in formation, there isn't enough space for Arial maneuvers or much cover to expect."

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

Alternatively, a closer inspection on the main part of the vessel, the one that housed the bridge and its skyscraper-sized engines; would yield a harder, more awkward point of entry in the form of the engine housings, rather, the ones that now lay empty after their thrusters have been dislodged by the crash landing as there's no telling what sort of radiation or dangerous debris would be encountered when making an entry through the nacelles, especially for the kind of power needed to propel such a cyclopean construct with any form of mobility. However, taking this route would be the quickest, most efficient way into the heart of the vessel: The Plasma Drive, and according to thermal and radiation scans; the Mercury's heart beats still...

But there lies another problem, namely the issue of the survivors in the sub-bridge, while the Questor would have roughly sufficient knowledge to scuttle the plasma drive and purge the ship of Daemons in nuclear flame by initiating a destabilization through the ancient and sacred rite of running the plasma drive at full power and then blasting the cryonic cooling systems of the nuclear fusion core into smithereens; perhaps seeking the advice of the Mercury's custodians would make such a deed less likely to involve shooting a building-sized tank full of near-absolute zero materials while standing right next to it and then hoping that the reactor doesn't get hot enough too fast to get away from before it ends up birthing a miniature sun.

"Entering in through the engine housing is the more expedient entry, and we may be able to make comminucations with possible short wave vox commincates at that range. That allows us to establish if/how many survivors yet remain. They may also have a better way to vent the plasma from the ship's main drive to aid in clearing away the corruption, as my best knowledge on how to do so would also preferably have us several dozen kilometers away."

Shifting, Ignus turned down on the path to the drive housing,

"Don't expect much mobility, while the corridors should be large enough to have all of us move in formation, there isn't enough space for Arial maneuvers or much cover to expect."
The now empty engine housing area looked like it was going to be a tight and awkward fit, but apparently the one who’d know the most about this craft out of everyone else here said it’d be the most expedient path, along with the additional perk of efficient communication with the survivors. Of course, the effectiveness of the Aeolus would be severely hampered, since its strength lies in its mobility and such tight corridors run counter to that. Still, Daniel trusted the Knight Scion’s judgment and the Aeolus entered through the housing, its pilot ready for combat at a moment’s notice.

sir_fire

Distinguished

On approach to the engine block, the quartet suddenly picks up a single incoming contact. Radar returns indicate that the contact's size is no bigger than their own mechs, perhaps a sign that their quartet will become a quintet? But to Valren and Kazuki, their psychic senses would begin to pick up a signature from the approaching stranger, one that is clearly human, yet the Mechanicum Questor will also take note that the stranger is untrained, ignorant, just like the Psion, with his mind an open door. Fortunately for both, they would notice the stranger's mind began to steadily close itself off as he approached the Mercury's Alacrity, a sign that his soul was instinctively protecting itself from the foul presence of the Warp.

Back