The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Returning to Skyrim for a while while I take a break from Elden Ring, and I noticed that Dervenin says that Sheogorath has outright left the Shivering Isles. The connotations of this are huge (he even says that it's turning gray, the fire is going out and everything is falling apart).
"The flame of my master burns low. Without him, we are all lost and forever gray... Please, help us!"
"Wait, hear my plea! My master, he is lost between worlds and I cannot bring him back!"
"My master has abandoned me! Abandoned his people. And nothing I say can change his mind. Now he refuses to even see me. He says I interrupt his vacation! It's been so many years... Won't you please help?"
"Oh, you just don't understand. Without him, I am not free! Without him, I am doomed! All of his empire shall fall into chaos..."
"He is a great man, but one rarely praised! He rules twin empires that span the length and breadth of our minds! All know him, but few can name him!"
"But... he has forbidden me from saying his name. He says it distracts him, and woe to those who draw his ire. But you will know him when you see him. He's the one who made me like this!"
"Without his guidance, our homeland is falling apart. North wages war against south! The holy flame flickers and dies! We need his return. Oh, but... I'm sure he'll repay you when he comes to his senses! His favor is a powerful, powerful thing. And so very worth any... inconveniences."
"Tendrils of thought may wind their way through this realm, but those tendrils bind our reality together."

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
While I find more to salvage and fix up the Legends cards masterpost, here's some concept art from Skyrim of interest.

A pair of colossal storm atronachs which are bigger than ships (ships of this kind are at least three stories tall); different atronachs of the same element can vary in size. They also seem to be generating clouds and storms from their bodies.
RVfMhsz.jpg
Another picture of a storm atronach (this one seeming to create a storm behind it).
m7S0t92.jpg
Many of the massive structures around Skyrim where made by mages levitating massive boulders into place while slaves pulled on them.
rKLCwDY.jpg
84slCRU.jpg
AsohQ7n.jpg
The monolith is then used to crush the hapless slaves.
gJa6DfA.jpg

lDlDYCj.jpg
The ancient Nords rode dragons, and the arches that can be seen on ancient Nord ruins up high where for dragons to perch on as well as water to flow off of.
vdFwHDw.jpg
A giant being at least three times taller than a person, if not far taller due to the pine trees below him (giants are said to be two to four times as tall as a person on average).
KUxrlBC.jpg
Ancient Nord sarcophagi are sealed shut with lead (draugr can kick these sarcophagi open)>
JKpV29Q.jpg
A dying dragons breath can create the aurora borealis.
wgrueTt.jpg
Nebulae and the Whale-Bone Bridge in Sovnguarde.
aaz01h2.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Stocking Anarchy So what’s your playstyle for Skyrim? I’m going with a High Elf Mage-focused character right now.

Roleplaying a High Elf survivor of the Night of Green Fire whose out to kill as many Thalmor as he can find and looks for complete mastery of magic to do so.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Anniversary Edition also features a lot of Shivering Isles content including several of its creatures found in Tamriel
Truth be told I actually never expected that a lot of the Anniversary Edition content would have just been added to the base game. I got weirded out upon coming across bandits summoning Dark Seducers that I thought I downloaded some weird mod. Nope, it's just Todd.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Truth be told I actually never expected that a lot of the Anniversary Edition content would have just been added to the base game. I got weirded out upon coming across bandits summoning Dark Seducers that I thought I downloaded some weird mod. Nope, it's just Todd.
That one I saw coming because I got the quest from one of the Khajit caravans

What really had me going WTF was walking through Solstheim at night and getting attacked by those unholy abominations call Nix-Hounds. Legit scared me the first time I saw those things.

Unlocking a lot of new spells for my High Elf to available before. Elemental Flare is an awesome Apprentice Level spell you can get early on that hits on the level of an Adept. Hoping to see equally overpowered Expert and perhaps Master Spells since Destruction fell short on damage and efficiency to other skills on higher difficulties.

All these new Spells and Todd missed the chance to re-introduce Levitate from Morrowind as a spell you can use.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Stocking Anarchy So what’s your playstyle for Skyrim? I’m going with a High Elf Mage-focused character right now.

Roleplaying a High Elf survivor of the Night of Green Fire whose out to kill as many Thalmor as he can find and looks for complete mastery of magic to do so.
Usually I play as a Nord with heavy armour and some mix of sword and magic (sword or shield in one hand, magic in the other), with a bunch of other attributes too (sneak of course, but usually I get smithing, alchemy and enchanting up too because those are easy to sell to make moneys). This time I'm playing as a dunmer. (RP is that he's born in Skyrim after his family went there after the Red Year, but everyone thinks he's from Morrowind). I'm going to try do something different this time, but chances are I'll end up doing the same playstyle I always do. :cat

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Usually I play as a Nord with heavy armour and some mix of sword and magic (sword or shield in one hand, magic in the other), with a bunch of other attributes too (sneak of course, but usually I get smithing, alchemy and enchanting up too because those are easy to sell to make moneys). This time I'm playing as a dunmer. (RP is that he's born in Skyrim after his family went there after the Red Year, but everyone thinks he's from Morrowind). I'm going to try do something different this time, but chances are I'll end up doing the same playstyle I always do. :cat
So a little bit of everything.

My High Elf will use Light Armor for speed and better perks than Heavy along with One-Handed and Smithing. Besides that, going to max out all Schools of Magic besides Illusion and Restoration: A master of Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, and Enchanting.

Going to join the Companions to embrace Nord ideology and life style and College of Winterhold for obvious reasons.

My guy is heroic so I’m going to avoid the crueler Daedric quests, Thieve’s Guild, and will choose to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood (My guy wants nothing to do with Sithis of all things)

Besides that, going to join the Stormcloaks. He wants to eliminate all Thalmor influence across Tamriel starting with a complete purge of them in Skyrim and while I don’t blame the Empire for losing the war with the Aldmeri Dominion considering how the Oblivion Crisis messed them up, their still a joke today without the Septims and way too cozy with the Thalmor.

Hammerfell (who the Emperor seceded to the Thalmor as part of the peace treaty no less) showed independent nations not held down by the Empire’s decrees do a better job defending against them too

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So a little bit of everything.

My High Elf will use Light Armor for speed and better perks than Heavy along with One-Handed and Smithing. Besides that, going to max out all Schools of Magic besides Illusion and Restoration: A master of Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, and Enchanting.

Going to join the Companions to embrace Nord ideology and life style and College of Winterhold for obvious reasons.

My guy is heroic so I’m going to avoid the crueler Daedric quests, Thieve’s Guild, and will choose to wipe out the Dark Brotherhood (My guy wants nothing to do with Sithis of all things)

Besides that, going to join the Stormcloaks. He wants to eliminate all Thalmor influence across Tamriel and while I don’t blame the Empire for losing the war with the Aldmeri Dominion considering how the Oblivion Crisis messed them up, their still a joke today without the Septims and way too cozy with the Thalmor.

Hammerfell (who the Emperor seceded to the Thalmor as part of the peace treaty no less) showed independent nations not held down by the Empire’s decrees do a better job defending against them too
I don't really have that much interest in the Civil War, I've tried both sides, but I'll probably go with the Stormcloaks again this time to see how they react to a Dark Elf and because they have cooler armour.

I've already joined the Thieves Guild (don't know if I'll finish the questline or not because being a Nightingale is kind of shitty). I already have the achievement for all the Daedric Artifacts, so this time I'll just neglect some if I don't like how they go (I spared the Mara priest in the Vaermina questline, and will probably make him a steward of my home). Still deciding on whether to join or destroy the Dark Brotherhood (in my last few playthroughs, my RP excuse for doing everything is because Dovahkiin "went through a dark phase" and then did other questlines to redeem himself).

I'll side with the Dawnguard again this time. Vampires can fuck off (except Serana).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don't really have that much interest in the Civil War, I've tried both sides, but I'll probably go with the Stormcloaks again this time to see how they react to a Dark Elf and because they have cooler armour.

I've already joined the Thieves Guild (don't know if I'll finish the questline or not because being a Nightingale is kind of shitty). I already have the achievement for all the Daedric Artifacts, so this time I'll just neglect some if I don't like how they go (I spared the Mara priest in the Vaermina questline, and will probably make him a steward of my home). Still deciding on whether to join or destroy the Dark Brotherhood (in my last few playthroughs, my RP excuse for doing everything is because Dovahkiin "went through a dark phase" and then did other questlines to redeem himself).

I'll side with the Dawnguard again this time. Vampires can fuck off (except Serana).
Hell Yes, Stormcloak Officer Armor is badass.

Skyrim Civil War is fascinating for me since there’s plenty of debate and thought for either side you side with. It’s only falls a bit flat because it’s not very fleshed out. Imagine them throwing in a final mission where you fight along with your choice side against a sudden Thalmor invasion? Would have been great.

Nah, being a Nightingale slave to Nocturnal upon death sucks as you mentioned and it goes against my main characters personality. He’s not out for material gain or involving himself with petty thiefs that act more like their the mafia these days instead of a Guild.

If you hate Noctural, than you definitely don’t want to be a Dark Brotherhood member. Your soul is claimed by the Void, Sithis himself, upon death.

I always join the Dawnguard. Especially if I’m roleplaying an Archer for those Enhanced Dwarven Crossbows.

Being a vampire sucks in Skyrim unless you abuse Necromage with Enchanting. The weaknesses are otherwise just too annoying. And the Volkihars are a bunch of bitches anyway, especially Harkon.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If you really delved into the lore it got better. Like figuring out what stories about Ulfric are true and what aren’t.

Like the Bear of Markarth book which slanders Ulfric as a bloodthirsty killer in his involvement in the Markarth Incident who carried out the massacre of even the neutral Forsworn civilians.

Until you wind up in Markarth jail and converse with the captured Forsworn there, one of whom will say it was the previous Jarl, Igmund’s father, who carried out the massacre after Ulfric fended off the invaders.

All Ulfric did was come in to Markarth to retake it from the Forsworn invaders with his militia per request of the Jarl in return for the ban of Talos worship being lifted.

Bear of Markarth is just more Imperial propaganda

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Just saying if you speak to Tullius during Diplomatic Immunity he'll straight up admit that Ulfric's right.

Skyrim belongs to the Nords.

It’s funny how much Tulius and Ulfrics beliefs align. If it wasn’t for the man’s loyalty and love for his own country being first and foremost, he and Ulfric would easily be allies otherwise which adds to the tragedy of this civil war.

Best part is that Ulfric doesn’t even believe that. Both he and Galmar just want Skyrim full of people loyal to her that adhere to its customs and traditions instead of trying to remove them since he’s fighting for his country to regain those values. Galmar will say this word for word when you bring up if he opposes non-Nords that live in Skyrim, saying he only opposes tyranny and those who tell him how to think, believe and how to live and other Stormcloaks that will tell you that don’t need to be a Nord to be a Son or Daughter of Skyrim.

Just look at the city Windhelm for proof. It’s almost as racially diverse as Solitude. At first, it looks oppressive to other races besides Nords when you walk right in and see 2 Nords harassing a Dunmer, how most of the Dunmer are living in the Grey Quarter, Argonians having to live outside on the docks, and that one Nord complaining about how Ulfric doesn’t give the same treatment for them as he does Nords.

Except that’s not the case at all. You got several Imperial civilians and even High Elves with a roof over their heads and running a successful business, including a High Elf alchemist, one whose a wealthy merchant, and two stable owners, and even one Dark Elf who doesn’t live in the Grey Quarter and is a farmer with an entire property to himself with a Nord servant no less.

Talk to the High Elf merchant or the Dark Elf farmer and both will point out that the Dunmer in the Grey Quarter are there because they refuse to adapt to their new lives and expecting a handout from a city in the middle of a war. Plus all the Dunmer and Argonian refugees coming in at once puts a strain on the city as it is and it can’t afford to accommodate any more than that unless they work for a living and purchase a home.

The Argonians likewise live outside because they too don’t have the money and A) working near water and profession involving it suits them and B) Ulfric doesn’t want any potential problems happening from an entire former slave race living with their former slavers, the Dunmer so he keeps them separated to maintain peace.

The war is also the same reason Ulfric doesn’t do much else for the city as he’s too busy with it. There is racism within some of the Stormcloaks and it’s supporters, but not its main leaders who are more than accepting of others. A lot of Ulfric’s perceived “racism” comes from people applying modern day values to a medieval Viking setting.

6du8enw91jf21.jpg

Ulfric has flaws, namely that he’s impulsive and shortsighted which led to some very dumb decisions that had he done differently, could have prevented a civil war and allowed Skyrim to become independent through more diplomatic means, but racism or being powerhungry isn’t really one of them.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And really, are the Dunmer in any position to be complaining about racism, particularly the ones hailing from House Dres or Telvanni? Their one of the most culturally interesting race in the series but in their heyday, their were also right up there with the modern day Thalmor in xenophobia and master race ideology and by far the most notorious race in practicing slavery.

Enslaved the Argonians for centuries and treated them as cattle to be used and worked to death and were also known to enslave Orcs, Bosmer, and Khajiit.

Compare all that to their own situation in Windhelm where the worst they get is racial slurs and empty threats hurled at them by the ineffectual town drunk and the rest of the town leaving them to their own things.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An interview with the Skyrim staff leading up to its release, and Kurt Kulhmann goes over the previous titles of the series. A lot of it is confirmation of what we already know, but that's always nice.

Uriel Septim VII was trapped in a realm of Oblivion by Jagar Tharn, who then impersonated him.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“Emperor Uriel Septim VII is betrayed by his battlemage, Jagar Tharn, and imprisoned in a realm of Oblivion. The player travels across Tamriel searching for the pieces of the Staff of Chaos in order to rescue the Emperor and defeat Jagar Tharn.”
The Warp in the West made it so that all six possible endings happened or didn't happen simultaneously.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“The game ended with what became known as ‘The Warp in the West,’ with the six possible endings all happening or not happening simultaneously.”
Part of Dagons motivations for his Oblivion Invasion was revenge on the Septim Empire after his defeat in Battlespire.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“Battlespire sets up Mehrunes Dagon as an enemy of the Septim Empire, and his defeat provided him the motive of revenge in Oblivion’s story.”
Interestingly, the hero of Morrowind isn't originally the reincarnation of Nerevarine; they become the reincarnation of Nerevar.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“The player is a prisoner, sent to Morrowind by the Emperor ostensibly to work as an Imperial agent, but in fact to help investigate and perhaps fulfill a prophecy and become the reincarnation of the Nerevarine, a long-dead hero. You learn the origins of the Tribunal, the revered god-heroes of Morrowind, and their struggle with the immortal Dagoth Ur. Dagoth Ur and his Sixth House cult are the source of a supernatural blight that threatens to overwhelm Morrowind. By fulfilling the prophecies, the player is finally able to confront and defeat Dagoth Ur in his fortress in the crater of Red Mountain.
The Heart of Lorkhan was released from the material plane, which leads to the fall of the Ministry of Truth and the devastation of Vvardenfell, and a reference to Greg Keyes books.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“When the Heart of Lorkhan was released from the mortal plane, the power of the Tribunal was broken forever, which indirectly led to the fall of the Ministry of Truth and the devastation of Vvardenfell (as described in the novel The Infernal City).”
Martin Septim didn't just become the avatar of Akatosh; he mantled Akatosh and became the Imperial aspect of the Time Dragon itself. MK also said this (which I'll post below), and this further confirms it.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“The game opens with the assassination of Emperor Uriel Septim VII by unknown assassins…The player has to find Martin Septim, the last heir to the Septim throne, and help him relight the Dragonfires in order to stop Dagon’s invasion. In the end, Martin is forced to use the Amulet to take the form of the god Akatosh in order to defeat daedric prince Mehrunes Dagon.”
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“Martin’s apotheosis permanently sealed the barriers between Oblivion and the mortal world, forever preventing the kind of invasion attempted by Mehrunes Dagon. The end of the Septim Dynasty heralded the end of the Third Era. The fate of Tamriel and the Empire in the Fourth Era remains to be seen.”
Confirmation, once and for all, that the Champion of Cyrodiil became the new Sheogorath.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“A mysterious gate opens on an island in the Niben Bay. It leads to the realm of the Daedric Prince of Madness, Sheogorath, who is looking for a mortal champion to help fight the onset of his nemesis, Jyggalag, the Daedric Prince of Order. In the end, Jyggalag and Sheogorath turn out to be one and the same – Jyggalag was cursed long ago by the other daedric princes to be Sheogorath. By defeating Jyggalag, the player breaks the curse and assumes the mantle of the Prince of Madness.”
After his defeat, Jyggalag will once again becomes the Prince of Order eventually, which will affect the balance of power in Oblivion in unknown ways.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
“Jyggalag is now freed from his curse of madness. Although defeated, he will eventually resume his place as the Prince of Order, with unknown ramifications for the complicated and opaque balance of power within Oblivion.”
Now on the Kirkbride quote I mentioned above.
Michael Kirkbride's Posts | The Imperial Library
Michael Kirkbride said:
You misinterpret the meaning of what Elder Scrolls are in the colloquial Tamrielic. When taken in this context, to "write an Elder Scroll" is "to make history".

A deeper meaning is meant, too, but not very many laymen bother with that. Until a prophecy is fulfilled, the true contents of an Elder Scoll are malleable, hazy, uncertain. Only by the Hero's action does it become True. The Hero is literally the scribe of the next Elder Scroll, the one in which the prophecy has been fulfilled into a fixed point, negating its precursor.

Also, Martin mantled Akatosh and dragon-[censored] Dagon silly, so his outlook on time in quite unlike our own. In fact, he said those words during the dragon-[censored] fight and you only remembered them later, a comforting memory that the Jills mended back into your timeline.

Yes.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Segments of Kyne's Challenge, which tells of a group of hunters/warriors hunting different creatures across every provence of Tamriel (this book came with the special edition of the original ESO release, as in it's a physical book). Though the warriors depicted are well above average, they're also very much not legendary figures.
Elsweyr | The Imperial Library
A Caitiff and a Kynval warrior, each built for battle: one clutching an evil-looking broadsword with both clawed gauntlets, the weapon glinting in the low sunlight, and a glowing blue gem affixed to the blade. The other came with a shield: a lattice of red metal and ebony, finely tempered metal with thick curves and points to damage even while bashing. In the other hand an axe, hilt and pommel sharply pointed, with a blade so sharp it could split hair, or carve vertically through a head and out through the loins. Both strode in heavy armor of frightening beauty, dozens of interlocking plates and a full helm showing only the lidless eyes of menace. - Kyne's Challenge: Elsywer

Dremora (and other intelligent races of daedra) can learn magic and become powerful mages.
Their leader, a mage Kynmarcher of considerable power, twisted horns protruding through her black hood, a bodice of rope and metal, sewn from hopelessness. Plates of ebony and red, firmly interlocking and forged in otherworldly fire. She carried a staff with a focusing crystal of amethyst, pulsing and ready to discharge hatred. A predilection for spikes, even among those prone to less obvious violence. A rotting skull at her belt, signifying deviance and the acts of necromancy. - Kyne's Challenge: Elsywer

Dremora possess superhuman strength, a Caitiff (second lowest in ranking) not onlt survived getting stabbed through with a spear, but was able to continue fighting.
Namasur hoisted the Caitiff aloft with a spear sideways through the Dremora’s ribs, out the other side, and then off the ground: The armored fiend dropped to his feet, took both ends of the Redguard’s prized spear, snapped them off, and advanced at Namasur with a smile and a section of spear pole still poking his innards. This mocking bravery ended abruptly (as Namasur’s ruined spear had sentimental value), as the Redguard began a reckless sword rampage; the Caitiff’s own massive, double-handed blade coming within a hair’s breadth of slicing off the Redguard’s head. Wild swings turned to death throes as Namasur’s scimitar found its home embedded in the Caitiff’s arm, severing it completely with a second strike. The Dremora watched almost quizzically as its own appendage thrashed on the ground like a freshly caught salmon, then attempted to wield its sword with its remaining arm. The blood loss was too great, and it fell forward, dismissed and gushing with blood. - Kyne's Challenge: Elyswer

The Kynmarcher survives getting an arrow directly through the brain and survives, only being killed when the arrow explodes and blows her head off.
We announced our intentions first: Ingjard was our finest archer. She made a shot so straight and true, songs will be sung about it for years to come. From the furthest range possible, it struck the Kynmarcher through the left eye. What Ingjard hadn’t shared with us was the additional gift she had been saving for this special occasion: a small charge of explosive powder squirreled away since Windhelm. The Dremora leader staggered back, clutching the arrow, and was attempting to wrench it from her skull when it detonated, blowing her head and part of her arm off. The rest of her slumped into a heap, her spirit summoned back to Molag Bal for an indeterminate amount of prostate flailing. - Kyne's Challenge: Elswyer
A Xivilai warrior kicks down a stone shrine with a single kick.
Black Marsh | The Imperial Library
XIVILAI | Much of the village of Bogmother was on fire. Not an easy feat for the despoiler in question, due to the abundance of water and stone structures, but as we entered the settlement, thick black smoke could be seen billowing up from a number of indigenous mud nests the Saxhleel inhabit. Although presently, the owners of the properties were gathering their hatchlings and fleeing. Footfalls-in-Snow returned from a rasping conference with one of the village elders, and gathered me and Namasur into a small huddle. “A reject of Sithis, one who seeks to stifle our spawning grounds. A Daedra pillager is responsible for this wickedness. Waxhuthi!” the Argonian spat on the ground, clearly riled. As he cursed, we looked over to a wayshrine of rough stone and clinging moss. The burning shrine was snuffed, demolished by a powerful kick. The entire structure collapsed, and Footfalls-in-Snow let out a high-pitched squeak. As the rubble appeared through the fading dust, we finally gazed upon the marauder responsible. - Kyne's Challenge: Black Marsh

The Xivilai effortlessly slaughters a group of Argonian guards, wields a two-handed mace with one hand, rips a warriors head off with his toes, slices another in half and incinerates another. Note for the most part the Xivilai is barely wearing any armour, yet slaughters a group of armoured foes.
Striding out to meet a small complement of village warriors, a Daedra of powerful stature seemed intent on further carnage. Seemingly chiseled from amethyst, this finely toned fiend was one and a half men tall, and displayed the arrogance of a Xivilai, an intelligent, proud, and bloodthirsty breed. Namasur had spoken of their service to Mehrunes Dagon, as well as their dishonesty and hubris. If haughtiness could be bottled, a Xivilai’s face would be on the label. Thick ebony horns, a mane of black hair, ears like an Elf’s, and further horns where cheeks and chin would be. An unrefined necklace of jagged beauty clamped around its thick neck by an unknown master, and bare skin except for strange runic tribal tattoos, and a loincloth of metal. I would test the Xivilai’s objection to proper armor shortly. For now, we watched in horror as it set about dispatching the Argonian guards. It incinerates the first with a blast of fire, crushes the seconds throat before cutting them in half, and bashes the thirds head in with a two-handed mace (wielded with one hand) and rips his head off with just two toes.

This was achieved almost nonchalantly, as it engulfed the Saxhleel in a great plume of fire. It picked up the second by the throat, squeezing the life from the poor lizard before carving him into two equal and bloody sections, both flopping onto the soft soil. The last Argonian was a shellback, clad in heavier armor. Fire danced behind the Daedra’s eyes as it sallied forth, producing a two-handed mace made for exquisite butchery (alarmingly wielded with one hand free) and battering in the warrior’s skull with a single, horrible swing. The Argonian guard fell, and the devil peered down at the fresh corpse at his feet, then clutched the lifeless lizard’s head with his prehensile toes, and wrenched it from the still-twitching body. - Kyne's Challenge: Black Marsh

The Xivilai reads the mind of his opponents, even using to mock them.
Footfalls-in-Snow was seething: “Xuth! For the Ebonheart Pact, we must avenge this slaughter!”

“Silence your frog, Grundvik, son of Guthrum.” The devil spoke, seemingly from inside my head. “Xivilai Sahrith Dagon challenges you!”
- Kyne's Challenge: Black Marsh

The Xivilai summons a clannfear, and his blows can shatter granite. As well as his incredible brute strength, Sahrith Dagon is also has the "grace of an Ef."
Possessing equal measures of brutal strength, a magician’s ways, and savage cunning, the Xivilai would not be wander through a meadow: As I unwound my axe-carrying arm, warming up my shoulder and tightening the grip on my shield, a guttural stream of barking spat forth from the devil. A strange oval portal blinked into view, and a clannfear trotted out of the void of Coldharbour, spotted me, and thundered forward. A hard head met a well-timed strike, as the beast’s charge was hindered after I sidestepped and cut down firmly, severing bones in its back and reducing the familiar to a whinnying, paralyzed mess.

Unfortunately, Sahrith Dagon was upon me, a glinting eye and a massive mace to rival the departed Bashnag’s, which he used to singular effect. A great heave, and spiked ebony clashed against my shield. I had braced, and the shield held, but I was staggered by the sheer force of this brutality. The Xivilai used his height advantage, bringing the mace down with a vertical force to shatter granite. I parried with both hands, murmuring a prayer to Mara, and found my feet forced down into the wet ground and my bones rattled. This one had the strength of a giant and the grace of an Elf; little wonder the expressions on my fellow hunters’ faces had turned from worry to horror.

A Flame Atronach allures their enemies with there movements, in so that they don't even realise that they're on fire in some cases. The Flame Atronach can fire bolts of flame, send out omnidirectional circles of flame and huge colums of intense flames that explode viciously.
Summerset Isles | The Imperial Library
Roggvir was seemingly mesmerized by the dainty twirling and the elegant acrobatics the atronach was displaying. Perhaps this alluring nature was part of this Daedra’s power, but Roggvir didn’t even notice when his fur cloak was set on fire. He had wandered into what the flame atronach perceived as its own territory, and although it still kept its distance, the creature began to erect some impressive defenses: With a spin it ignited a circle of fire at its feet, which gradually crept forward towards Roggvir, who suddenly realized his predicament. He quickly removed his shawl of stitched animal skins and stamped on it. He decided to let the cloak burn after receiving a bolt of fire to the face. Now his beard was ablaze, and combat was inevitable.

Roggvir doused himself in water and stormed angrily up the sandbank, fighting through further fireballs to reach the atronach, which had the advantage of ignoring tricky terrain and was nimble over this unsteady ground, rather than a rampaging, heavy-footed mountain man who was doing more excavating than climbing with his feet. Roggvir was lost for a moment as a huge column of fire engulfed him, before exploding in a huge upward force. I hadn’t expected Roggvir to be outclassed this quickly, so I allowed Footfalls-in-Snow into the fray. The Argonian’s claws were already dancing with frost magic, and after further chanting, he threw both arms out towards the fire atronach, and caught it with an impressive turmoil of frost. “By Leki’s first lunge!” Namasur murmured, taken aback by the ferocity of the attack and the Argonian’s manipulation of this element. When the storm of ice finally abated, we saw the flame atronach bent over double, a collection of smoldering embers and light licking fire. A rather singed Roggvir struck it into dust with his axe.
- Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

Flame Atronachs radiate incredible heat, capable of both close combat and meelee fighting and explode when "killed."
Elder Scrolls Online
Comfortable both in melee and at range, the flame atronach can lob deadly balls of fire, and it radiates a continuous burning aura, making it quite dangerous at any distance. Unwary adventurers may also find themselves scorched by the Daedra’s most impressive attack, a geyser of flames that erupts from the ground. The flame atronach can even be deadly once defeated, when it explodes in a last-ditch effort to destroy attackers. - Zenimax

Frost Atronachs are gigantic humanoids made of ice. They have legs like tree trunks and stand" four Argonians tall" (if we assume the Argonian is 5 feet tall, that's 20 feet, or over 6 metres).
Skyrim | The Imperial Library
Dominating the glade was a towering giant of sharp ice shards, congregating together into a statue of magic and cold brutality. Four Argonians tall, jagged tree-trunk-sized limbs, and a pyramid head with eyes of gleaming white. A glacier came to life, standing motionless in the woods. - Kyne's Challenge: Skyrim

In order to defeat another Ice Atronach, it took continuous barrage from a team of superhuman hunters to defeat it.

“Remember the atronach we bettered near Ivarstead?” Ingjard prompted me.

“Yes,” I replied, “continuous pummeling from every one of us. No resting. A barrage from all angles. If we split our attacks—”
- Kyne's Challenge: Skyrim

When felled by Bashnag, it brings down a 20 year old pine tree with it.
His mace broke the leg of the frost atronach, and it swayed on one unsteady trunk before crashing and bringing down a twenty-year-old pine on its way to the forest floor. - Kyne's Challenge: Skyrim

It still takes an endless volley of arrows from the superhuman hunters to "kill" it.
Arrows both Nord and Argonian in origin pockmarked the craggy carcass until there was nothing left but a few piles of ice. Footfalls-in-Snow promptly picked up the melting remains to secure frost salts, while I sat Bashnag down to explain how abandoning our pack wasn’t part of Kyne’s plan. - Kynes Challenge: Skyrim

Flesh Atronachs were originally made in the Shivering Isles by Relmyna Verenim. The biggest of the Flesh Atronachs are absolutely collosal, as seen next to an already pretty tall Nord warrior.
Giant_flesh_atronarch.png

A similar giant Flesh Atronach fights Bashnag, who's blows to its knees only hobble it slightly, it shoots blasts of magical flames from its claws and twists its flesh & skin so it can deliver more devastating blows.
Bashnag’s bravery was not in question as he felt the brunt of the flesh atronach. He managed a couple of strong connections to the beast’s knee, hobbling it slightly as the atronach finished its lumbering turn to face him. A dodge more deft than the Orc’s usual dexterity allowed meant the atronach’s twisting, stabbing claw was caught in Bashnag’s mace and thrust back at the horror. It was the atronach’s second attack that did the damage; Bashnag was cut, and quickly set alight as a throbbing in the beast’s claw hand manifested into a blast of magical fire. The Orc staggered back, clutching his face. This gave the flesh atronach an opening, raising its unyielding mace above its head, tendons flexing as the skin grew tight around the arm weapon; before it was brought down with such savagery, we believed the Orc was split apart. - Kyne's Challenge: High Rock

The most powerful of all (known) Atronachs are the Storm Atronachs. Several mummies & skeletons are knocked off their feet just by the Atronach being summoned.
Hammerfell | The Imperial Library
The Argonian had scrambled to a dead end, and our arrows weren’t dropping his adversaries fast enough. Realizing his predicament, he rummaged in a satchel and unrolled a scroll, beginning to babble in Jel, the ancient Argonian tongue. I made out a single name during the incantation: “Zymel Shar.” Bandaged fingers were about to close around his neck as the spell ended, and a ferocious wind circled around the lizard. Thin forms were flung and tossed about as we glimpsed into Oblivion. Out from the damned world lumbered a hulking form, a core of white light oscillating beneath a floating series of stone appendages. A roughly fashioned head, broad shoulders, thick iron chains glowing with Daedric scripture. Towering over all. Footfalls-in-Snow had summoned a storm atronach. - Kyne's Challenge: Hammerfell

The Storm Atronach takes on a small army of undeads, it's lightning slowing stronger foes and turning the weaker skeletons to powder. The Atronach is so huge it has man-sized hands.
A cluster of boulders in the rough shape of a fist slammed down hard, then swiped widely, as Zymel Shar guarded its master. Half a dozen skeletons fell with a single swat of this man-sized hand, bones broken and souls snuffed. The threat to the Argonian had lessened considerably, so we trained our bows on the fracas between Orc and mummy; I scolded Fenrig for accidentally striking the Orc with an arrow, as I knew his aim was better than that. Meanwhile, the wind was whipping up around the storm atronach, as it waded knee deep into a lake of bones and dust corpses (an accurate description, except for the atronach’s lack of knees). Arcs of lightning danced around its form, binding the stronger mummies to an even slower plod, while the weaker skeletons simply detonated into plumes of bone powder. - Kyne's Challenge: Hammerfell

A Golden Saint blocks a blow from a sword wielded by a superhuman hunter with her and and turns it to rust in moments.
Ingjard let out a yell to wake the forest creatures of Valenwood, and quickened her gait, to reach and prevent her companion from losing a head, cutting a deep wound into the back of the Golden Saint. The Daedra let out a shriek to scare every forest bird from its perch, kicked Roggvir in the head as consolation, and caught Ingjard’s next wild swing not with her shield, but her golden gauntlet. As the Saint’s fingers clasped the blade, Ingjard’s sword cracked and warped, gradually changing from polished steel to tarnished rust. Then the weapon shattered, Ingjard stumbling back to protect herself from being pierced by her own sword fragments. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

She summons a Spider Daedra.
Bound in service to the Golden Saint, this bastardizing of Kyne’s spider was as revolting as you would expect such a hybrid to look: an arachnid’s hindquarters fused with a female’s stomach, arms, and head. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

A Dark Seducer disguises herself as a helpless maiden, knocks one of them out (after attacking him by surprise), survies being shot through the neck with an arrow, impled through the chest with a spear and is capable of flight.
We had journeyed far across this treacherous landscape after hearing rumors of a legendary lich to slay. Roggvir was circling back from a survey of the burn, when he chanced upon a lone figure. As he closed in, he saw a cloaked woman of some considerable delicacy, sitting on a tree stump, tears streaming down her pallid skin, forlorn at the cruelty of the Colovians. A displaced Bosmeri villager? No, she had the look of a Nord maiden under that cowl, or so Roggvir remembers. What happened next is unclear; Roggvir recalls waking up with a bleeding head and two missing teeth. The rest of us saw little of the woman’s transformation into her true form, as the billowing smoke obscured the ruse.

As the air cleared, Roggvir had fallen, slumped forward, chin on the tree stump, blood trickling from his brow. Ingjard feared the worst, and rightly so; this was no forlorn fawn lost in the wilderness. Powerful magic had transformed her being, which had now flickered back to a Daedra vision Namasur immediately recognized. “Dark Seducer!” came the cry. A true form revealed: a female fiend clad in armor of the deepest blue and ebony, shining in the moons’ light. We would have stood and commended the workmanship on the boots, gauntlets, and helm, but we had scattered, sprinting forth to save Roggvir’s neck, as the Daedra raised the axe of an executioner. She brought it down quickly, but Ingjard’s arrows were faster, piercing her arm in midswing. The axe cut through the edge of the stump, narrowly missing Roggvir’s ear. The weapon remained stuck in place, glowing purple residue streaming from it.

Wings unfurled, with both hands conjuring fire, the Dark Seducer took to the skies, where it laughed at the Argonian’s arrows for a few moments, until Ingjard’s accuracy finally caught the flying foe in the neck. This brought the Daedra down and caused her conniptions; she was brought to the boiling point with another unanswered arrow. A massive blast of fire shot forth from both hands, aimed at Ingjard but striking wide of the mark, and another oak went up in flames. On the promontory now, Namasur launched his trusty spear with almost magical accuracy, skewering the beast just below the ribs. She responded with four rapid bolts of ice, one striking Namasur in the head and knocking him towards a steep, smoldering slope.

Another weapon of misty purple was unbuckled, as she swooped in towards me. I held firm, gripped my axe, forced my shield to absorb her screeching sword swing, and caught her with a viciously accurate gouge across her belly. Entrails spilled as she tumbled into the ash, mangled and seething. I strode over and removed Namasur’s spear, still wedged in her, and stabbed down into the neck until a soggy crack was heard, indicating her audience with Molag Bal was granted.
- Kynes Challenge: Valenwood

An Ogrim starts a bushfire that burns down much of a forest.
I had previously encountered ogrims green of hue, and close to Orsinium shrines to Mauloch. But this brute as a strange blue,with larger, hook-like spines protruding from its hefty arms and shoulders. A wide stance and almost a waddle, with a paunch bigger than a pig’s. An ample mouth, with a Breton’s graveyard of jagged and rotting teeth jumbling out in all directions. Huge leather gauntlets and skin of hard leather and scales. Two ruined horns poked out from a wheezing, spluttering head. Ice-blue eyes marked it as a minion of Molag Bal. It seemed preoccupied with fire, merrily helping in the burning of Auridon’s forests, crackling trees and blackened smoke rising from the deep scar it was creating. The immediate area looked more like the Ashlands of Morrowind. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

Ogrims can regenerate from grievious wounds; the hunters cut it to pieces in fear that it'll regenerate again.
Our arrows marked the ogrim’s back as it crashed forward, through the smoking dust, then leapt at Roggvir, more nimbly than he was expecting, in an attempt to bombard and fell him. Despite his grogginess, Roggvir stepped deftly away, his two swords poked deep into the ogrim’s exposed belly. Now prone, the ogrim’s other areas of skin were marked with arrows, driven deep and dipped in poison. The ogrim fell onto its back, tongue draped over its spittle-soaked mouth, eyes darkened now, staring out into Oblivion. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

Kishra-do helped Roggvir to stand (now for the fourth time since combat began, and the first with assistance), but the Nord pushed her away. Kishra-do snarled, but as a giant fist crashed down where she had stood, she forgave Roggvir’s manhandling. The fist belonged to the ogrim, now partly resurrected from wounds we thought were grave, with a scamp clinging to its neck fat. A battle charge was sounded, and Namasur struck the hairy homunculus off its perch with a finely aimed arrow, and followed up with a whirling dismemberment. The unsteady ogrim had arrows from every part of Tamriel protruding from its hide, but Ingjard’s axe into the low-set skull, lopping off an ear on the way, felled the terror. It too was separated into smaller pieces, for fear of this fight continuing until dawn. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

A Daedroth fights a superhuman hunter, almost biting their arm off, breathing intense flames and jumping good distances.
Black Marsh | The Imperial Library
The Daedra rose to its full height, half as tall again as the Redguard Namasur, with each plate shoulder the width of a man. A ridge that began at the snout spiraled into two thick horns, with further protrusions along the back ridges. Now fully exposed, a waddle of red under the chin, stretched sinew covering armored arms and each clawed hand big enough to crush two heads in one palm. Gnarled rivulets of ebony between the mud and gray skin. A man-shaped chest revealed the extent of the Argonian’s misconstruing. A three-pronged flail for a tail, dewclaw hooks, and two four-toed claw feet, all spawned to spread torment and discord.

Flames poured forth from the snapping jaws and consumed Ingjard’s shield, halfway up her arm. She grimaced and held firm at the daedroth’s feet. It gave a great shake, and the Argonian clung on like a tick on a Reachman’s beard. Buffeted by two oversized shoulder plates, Footfalls-in-Snow finally lost his grip and fell over the daedroth’s head—unluckily, right into his open mouth. A quick and powerful bite was delivered, almost severing the Argonian’s arm. Now the lizard was ablaze too.

Thrashing the limp lizard in a furious shake of his head, the daedroth stepped to Kishra-do, who had advanced with a spear to hinder this Daedra’s rampage. She wasn’t met halfway, but the hulk leapt from the water in a huge stride, and landed within breathing distance, smoke wisping out of its nostrils, and tore at her with jagged claws. The Argonian’s arm was now bending in an alarming direction, but suddenly the daedroth’s mouth was wide open, and it was howling. The Argonian was not only still alive, but had been slicing its palate with a hidden blade attached to his wrist, also caught between Daedra teeth. As the mouth dropped open, Footfalls-in-Snow fell into the mud clutching a long, flapping coil of flesh. He looked up at the startled giant, and licked his lips.

A reptilian daedroth (either a Daedroth or a Clanfear) effortlessly disembowls a man.
Lesser Daedra in the Elder Scrolls Novels: A survey (TIL Edition) | The Imperial Library
But there was a clap like thunder, and the man went staggering back, and in the next instant something appeared, something horrible. Colin had a glimpse of slits of green balefire, scales, and claws like sickles. The man almost managed to scream before his lungs and viscera were splattered across the room. Then the thing turned on Colin, snarling. - Lord of Souls

Scamps are physically weak, but strong magically.
Perched on the ogrim’s broad shoulders was a scamp, a cowardly servant of an unknown Daedra lord, with its rotund steed providing protection as it set the woodlands ablaze. Cursed with a weak physical form, the scamp was strong in magic, particularly of a destructive nature. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

Though scamps are a weaker variety of daedra, they can still knock the wind out of a superhuman hunter, and attack with firey blasts.
The scamp shrieked in a babble none of us wished to understand. To and from the burning line of trees it dashed, scampering on all fours, before leaping out through the flames, both arms raised above its head, bringing them both down in a punch that took the wind out of Roggvir’s sails. His demeanor more angered at enduring a constant assault, Roggvir leapt to his feet again, and received a wave of conjured fire to the face from the scamp, setting his beard alight (Namasur later jested with Roggvir, asking if he was made of straw, as only training mannequins usually receive the pummeling he took). Realizing it lacked physical stature, but was proficient in primitive magic, we decided to sever the scamp’s upper hand in this fight, and Footfalls-in-Snow beckoned forth a stiff breeze to stifle the flames. This turned quickly into a maelstrom of ice, thrusting out in all directions and dampening the blaze in the forest scar. - Kyne's Challenge: Summerset Isles

Daedric Titans are Molag Bals cheap "made in Taiwan" rip-off of dragons (made as a vestige of an actual dragon). A Daedric Titan is twice as big as a mammoth, able to easily cut foes in half with a single toe nail, mash multiple enemies to pulp with a single squeeze of its claws, throw people far out onto the plains, bring down battlements with a single swipe of its tail and incinerate fores with powerful blasts from its mouth.
Elsweyr | The Imperial Library
The whirl of clouds had darknened more considerably, with great flashes of lightning erupting from the maelstrom. Those with throats in the horde began to cackle uncontrollably. Then the landscape was bathed in a pale blue light, a frigid illumination from the depths of Coldharbour. The light grew in strength until it was as bright as day, and the evil glee intensified. A huge circle of metal, held up in the heavens by the magic of Molag Bal himself, opened, and a grim shadow was cast over Dune. A huge and terrible head plummeting down, weaving between the three chains of the dark anchor, unfurling great tapestries of wings, swooping and circling the settlement. Over the wind and echoing laughter, Namasur had stepped to my side. He squinted through the storm of dust and evil: “Beware, for it attacks with great strength, virulent disease, and without mercy.” The screaming wind was almost deafening now. “A dread servant of Molag Bal!”

A Daedra titan, keeper of the black soul gems for the Lord of Brutality. Next it landed, spreading out its tattered (but considerable) wings, digging into the soil, claws first, cutting a fissure with its feet and kicking up more soil and rocks in its wide wake. A head proudly showing off its tusks, flayed skin, and three huge, primal horns. Seeping mists of blue spread up from the skull-like nostril holes and the wicked eye slits. Flayed skin stretched over a protruding skeleton of ribs, tendons, and sharp-spined ridges, all seemingly carved from Coldharbour stone. Twice the size of a mammoth, and unquestionably more savage, it sniffed the air, opening its overlapping fang mouth to taste the fear, and appeared to feed off the energy of the baying horde. To the rear, its long, thorny tail whipped from left to right, the tip shaped like the legendary mace of Molag Bal himself.

Trumpeting thunder sounded as it roared forward, focusing its might on the Khajiit defending Dune. A raking claw sent two cat folk tumbling, one remaining still on the ground, stained in blood. Archers at the ready, their missiles were fired and then forced downwards as the titan flexed its formidable wings, conjuring a billowing gale that knocked many defenders from their perches, and turned arrows to snapped sticks.I saw Kishra-do lead six brave Khajiiti pit fighters, who sought to overwhelm the giant. One was cut down the middle by a huge, hooked toe. Another two bounded onto the haunches of the beast, but were caught by the titan’s writhing tail and run through, falling under the beast, mangled. Two more were lost in a huge sphere of light, a scourge bolt spat from the maw. This left two remaining cat folk, cutting through the titan’s front arms, one gathered up and squeezed out into a furry pulp. Kishra-do threw her spear with force, and it lodged in the titan’s gullet. It gave a great cough, shook its head, and inhaled before bellowing a river of soul flames out, engulfing Kishra-do.

Ingjard was atop the battlements, yelling at the felines to fire upon the behemoth. I saw the tail strike her down, and she disappeared with three other archers, under a mass of collapsing stone. Namasur sped past me, shouting a farewell: “There are worse ways to die!” His eyes on the titan, he was upon the hulking form and slicing through its armpit as it turned, grabbed the Redguard, and flung him across the plains. He was still alive when he struck the middle of the crowd of Daedra, but I lost sight of him as a dozen wretched forms leaped upon him to tear out his soul.
- Kyne's Challenge: Elsywer

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Celestials are powerful beings that embody constellations (and indeed are said constellations).
Online:The Star-Gazers - UESPWiki
Vestige: I need to know the situation. Tell me what's going on here.

Hara: Then I'll start from the beginning. A short while ago, the three guardian signs—the Warrior, the Mage, and the Thief—vanished from the night sky.

Vestige: What happened?

Hara: I wish I knew. I've studied the stars my whole life. I've heard them speak—but now they're silent. It's eerie.

Vestige: The Celestials?

Hara: All I know is when the guardians disappeared, three powerful beings started attacking Craglorn. They call themselves the Celestials."
Undergo the ritual to become one of the Star-Gazers

Vestige: The Celestials?

Hara: I don't know. It's not a name I'd ever heard before.

Two of the Celestials identify themselves as the Warrior and the Mage. The third, strangely, calls himself the Serpent—after the thirteenth constellation. The Thief is nowhere to be found."

We'll look at three of them here. Let's start with the Celestial Mage, shall we? The power of the Celestial Mage is like a minature sun and destroys three mages.
Lore:Coming of the Learned One - UESPWiki
Her light told us she was displeased. Its intensity grew, and in the moment, we thought she was Magnus come to Nirn, burning like a miniature sun. Vandore, Yanaril, and Tuintar were swallowed in her glow and never returned, leaving blasted streaks where they once stood. - Coming of the Learned One

Her mere presence freezes people and causes others to disappear in flames so powerful that not even ashes or dust remain.
Lore:Coming of the Learned One - UESPWiki
That first day, her very presence sparked long-dormant casting circles to life all at once. Three of my subordinates were frozen solid in the Hall of Storms, lost in a sudden rush of magic.

A dozen more vanished in the Stairway of Flames—so powerful was the fire that burst to life when the Learned One entered that there were no ashes, no sign that they had ever been. Twelve lives incinerated more efficiently than any spell I have ever constructed. It was beautiful.
- Coming of the Learned One

Online:Elemental Army - UESPWiki
The Thief: "The atronachs. The Celestial Mage showed you how to summon them in a dream. Do you remember? Why have they turned against Craglorn?"

Not only that, but she can create atronachs.
Online:Elemental Army - UESPWiki
Nomeg Ozal: You are not our master. We do not serve mortal flesh.
Kelmen Locke: Who do you serve?
Magdra Ibrai: The Mage. She created us. Imbued us with thought. But she has fallen, corrupted by the Serpent who crawls on his belly.
Kelmen Locke: You mean the Celestial Mage? The Serpent controls the Mage? How is that possible?
Zymel Mirapharrus: Trickery. Deceit. And once he controlled her, he turned her power against us and enslaved us.
Kelmen Locke: Why go to all this trouble?
Nomeg Ozal: Because that is what the Serpent does. He has used the Mage to create a new monarch.

Online:The Mage (Celestial) - UESPWiki
I summoned these creatures, raised them to keep outsiders from reaching me. Stay back!" - Celestial Mage

Her loss of control blasted the Aetheriun Archieves into a "terrible existance."
"I came to this archive to contain the damage I could cause. My loss of control blasted all that you see into terrible existence. Why do you persist? Turn back!" - Celestial Mage

She warps things by her mere presence.
"Everything warps in my presence. Even these, the tower's gardens. They will shield me from you. - Celestial Mage

The interior of the pocket dimension she created & warped.
JF66NUg.jpg
The Mage is implied to be able to travel to other worlds.
Elder Scrolls Online
From the journal of Elea Dantaine, Stargazer Initiate:

I remember more of the dream every morning. I am in the Observatory, but it is not the Observatory I know. The halls are unfamiliar, but somehow I know where I am. There is a great pressure upon me—I must escape! I must move forward! The deeper I go, the more disjointed it becomes. The stones of the floor separate. In the gaps I see worlds beyond, landscapes I cannot name.

Eight turns left, eight turns right. The sky opens up and stars collapse into one brilliant point of light. And out of it, the staff, shining with the light of Aetherius. As I reach out to touch it, it drifts further into the black void. Please help me, Mage, please! I have failed….

The Mages Staff (or Spellscar) is a colossal obelisk that fell on Tamriel and caused a huge crater. Here's the Mages Staff seen from a distance (it would probably be even bigger lore-wise).
5sbIdti.jpg

The Mages Staff contains enough energy to destroy Craglorn (North-East Hammerfell). Atronarchs, magic-addicted mages and more are attracted by the sheer raw power of the Staff.

1:11
See that large staff sticking out of the ground? It's emitting magical energy at unprecedented levels. If we don't stop it, it'll explode. Some sort of celestial object. A few of the locals call it the Mage's staff. They say it fell from above just before the constellations vanished. It's extremely volatile, and every magic-addicted sorcerer and atronarch in the region is drawn to it. We need to find a way inside. To the core. But getting in will require an unprecedented amount of magical energy. When the staff hit, pieces broke off into elemental shards. Take these focusing crystals. Each one can absorb one type of elemental infusion from a shard. Bring one infusion of each type to me and I'll combine them to open a portal into the staff. Be warned, though. The spellfiends are drawn to the elemental shards. You will not be able to harvest an elemental infusion until the spellfiends are defeated. - Sara Benele
1:17
Quickly, If the staff explodes, it has enough power to turn all of Craglorn into a crater. - Sara Benele

Infact, the blast could be enough to destroy Tamriel itself.
Online:Spellscar - UESPWiki
Whatever this colossal onyx shard may be, one thing is certain: it comes from somewhere beyond the bounds of Tamriel. And the fabric of Tamriel may not be strong enough to contain its power. - Loading Screen

An achievement confirms the threat to Craglorn/Tamriel.
Spellscar Defender - Achievements - Esohead - Elder Scrolls Online Database
SPELLSCAR DEFENDER - Prevent a catastrophic explosion of magic from within the Spellscar.

Next, the Celestial Warrior. The Celestial Warrior can summon people through time.
Online:The Time-Lost Warrior - UESPWiki
Celestial Warrior: Mortal, this Celestial Guardian has one more obligation for you to fulfill.

Vestige: Of course. What do you need me to do?

Celestial Warrior: My champion, Titus, who I called across the sands of time in my moment of need, is fading. His mortal mind can't deal with the shift in his reality. The longer he remains here, the more likely he will lose all that he is.

Vestige: Can't you just send him back to his own time?

Celestial Warrior: If only it were that simple. As Titus loses parts of himself, his connection to me is severed. I can no longer reach him with my blessing. Titus has done everything I asked of him. It is time to send him home. Will you help him remember who he is?

Infact, he can summon entire armies through time (note also, the Celestial Serpent possessed him, see more below).
The Serpent forced me to summon Tarish-Zi and his army, using our connection to infiltrate their minds. I summoned Titus before the Serpent completed his control over me. It was my last free act, and it allowed Titus to remain true to his own heart. - Celestial Warrior

The blade War-Sworn can help the warrior Titus recall his memories, and with the blade returned, the Warrior can return him to his own time.
Celestial Warrior: Once there was a blade of legend called War-Sworn, wielded by my greatest champions. It has been without a true consort for far too long. We much change that. Currently. an Iron Orc carries the blade like a trophy, even though he cannot wield it.

Vestige: And this sword can help Titus recover his memories?

Celestial Warrior: War-Sworn can do many things—in the hands of one worthy to wield it. Recover the blade and give it to Titus. It will remind Titus of who he is and restore his connection to me. Then I can send Titus home.

The Celestial Warrior is more powerful than the Ansei who sunk the continent of Yokuda.
Online:The Warrior (Celestial) - UESPWiki
The Shehai of a first rank Ansei sank Yokuda. This Warrior's Shehai is beyond first rank." - Celestial Warrior

The Celestial Serpent is as powerful as the next three Celestials combined. It possesses the Warrior, broke the Mage and forced the Celestial Thief into hiding.
Online:The Serpent (Celestial) - UESPWiki
"I forced the Thief into hiding. I riled the Warrior to frenzy. I shattered the Mage into so many pieces she cannot remember which one is real. What chance have you against me?" - Celestial Serpent

Should the Serpent escape, it will remake Nirn in its image.
Online:The Serpent (Celestial) - UESPWiki
Nirn will begin anew when I escape this prison, escape Craglorn. - Celestial Serpent

Not only does the Celestial Mage fear the Serpent, but the Serpent can trap Celestials in mortal form.
Online:The Corrupted Stone - UESPWiki
You have purged my venom from the Apex Stone. Clever. Too clever for a mortal. She helped you, didn't she? I can smell her fear upon you. No matter. I will find her and consume her in time, just as I have her fellow guardians. Do not think you have succeeded here. The damage remains. The Warrior has fallen from the sky and is trapped in mortal form. He is mine. - Celestial Serpent

The Vestige needs the energy of the Lord, the Lady and the Steed to purge the Warriors Apex Stone of the Serpents Taint.
Good. You've made it to the first stone and the amulet is working. I don't have much time, so listen carefully. The Serpent betrayed us. He poisoned the Warrior's mind and turned him against us. But my hope is that the aetherial energy from the Mundus stones will allow us to weaken the Serpent's grip on the Warrior. - Celestial Thief

Infact, the Vestige may need the power of the Skystone Amulet to defeat the Celestials.
Listen closely. I can't appear for long or the Enemy will see. Erold means well, but he can't accomplish the task ahead. You must do this. The relic you hold is called the Skystone Amulet. It will grant you access to the Warrior's Apex Stone—but it is capable of so much more. Go to the Mundus stones of the Lord, the Lady, and the Steed. These are the Warrior's charges, whom he has sworn to protect. The Skystone Amulet was designed to capture the aetherial energy of the Mundus stones. You will need that energy for the task ahead. I'm sorry I can't tell you more. I've already stayed too long." - Celestial Thief

It takes the power of all three Guardian Celestials to defeat the Serpent.
Vestige: How do we stop him?

Celestial Thief: My power alone is not enough. You must free the other guardians. I will help you as much as I dare, but the Serpent is looking for me. If he ensnares me as he has the others, all is lost.

The Serpent will devastate Tamriel if it escapes.

28:10
You! Milksop! Turuk and his Undaunted need you. All Tamriel needs you! Warn the Guilds. The Alliances. Warn everybody! A tree spirit. It could speak - had a face out of a fever dream. It leads an entire army of cultists in the caverns ahead. It slaughtered us, showed us...showed us a vision of what it plans to do to all of Tamriel. A vision of the future. A future where that spirit escapes these caverns and runs rampart across the continent. I saw the cities of Tamriel, shattered and over-grown. That spirit wants us dead - Men, Mer, Khajiit. It doesn't give a damn. Turuk was going to dare you to do it. you think like an Undaunted! Or you're crazy. Either fits. That spirit - the Gazers call it a "Celestial Serpent" - will wreak havoc if it ever escapes these caverns. You cannot allow that to happen! - Turuk Redclaws
30:20
The Serpent claims to be responsible for all the turmoil in this region. - Turuk Redclaws

When fighting against the first guardian of the Sanctum (a Mantikora empowered & possessed by the Serpent), the Serpent causes a portal to the future to appear underfoot. Tectonic plates have been fractured, lava flows freely and the Imperial City is overgrown and in ruin.

Devastation wrought by the Serpent.
GEicSdt.png
d1PHSj7.png
The goal of the Serpent is to undermine the very nature of reality.
Listen. The Serpent's nature is chaos. He wants to undermine the very nature of reality. He will not stop with Craglorn. - Celestial Thief
The Mage, The Warrior and the Thief appear in Skyrim, behind the constellation perk trees, showing us just how astrologically vast their true forms are (TES's cosmology would mean that these constellations are actually even bigger than normal constellations).

8FqGBtG.jpg
The Warrior, the Mage and the Thief all protect several lesser constellations from the Serpent (an aspect of Sep/Lorkhan).
The Stars of Tamriel are divided into thirteen constellations. Three of them are the major constellations, known as the Guardians. These are the Warrior, the Mage, and the Thief. Each of the Guardians protects its three Charges from the thirteenth constellation, the Serpent.

When the sun rises near one of the constellations, it is that constellation's season. Each constellation has a Season of approximately one month. The Serpent has no season, for it moves about in the heavens, usually threatening one of the other constellations.
The Serpent is made of un-stars, and its position in the sky is unfixed, as it wanders the skies trying to eat the other constellations.

What are constellations?​

Constellations are collections of stars. Since each star is a bridge to magic, constellations are very powerful phenomena, and are revered. There are generally accepted to be thirteen constellations. Nine of these are made up completely of stars. Three others are called guardian constellations, as they are each governed by a Dominion Planet. The Dominion Planets are Akatosh (eye of the Warrior), Julianos (eye of the Sage), and Arkay (eye of the Thief). The last constellation is made up of unstars, and is called the Snake.
The full power of a single Celestial manifest in the Mundus would destroy it.
Vestige:Apex Stone?
Valla:
The Apex Stones are what allow the Celstials to manifest in this plane. By corrupting our Apex Stone, the Serpent sought to submit our consciousness to his will and corrupt us. This is what happened to the Lost One.
Vestige: Can't we just destroy the Apex Stone?
Valla: If you did, our full power would be released. Mundus could not withstand such force. Our Apex Stone rests in a hidden place beneath the city of Elinhir. Use the Seeker's Sight to locate it and the Lost One. We will join you when the time is right.
Time flows differently among the stars, and Valla (a fragment of the Mage) recalls that Vestige has faced down gods and walked across the planes, despite the fact these things might or might not have even happened yet.
Valla: Ah, you're here at last. Do not be confused. We foresaw your arrival, the one who has walked across the planes and faced down gods. Or do we speak of things still to come? Time is much more fluid among the stars.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Merien Sellan, a mere mage (while he's above average, he's far below high tier mages), destroys a pocket realm with nothing but raw power (said realm being at least the size of a town).

2:35
Merien Sellan: You...cast my spell? The masking ritual? But why?

Vestige: Tamien Sellan told me to bring the villagers here to hide.

Merien Sellan: My son sent you here? Where is he?

Wait, there's no time for that. We must act quickly. The Bloodthorn must be stopped.

The Bloodthorn have been draining my essence to fuel their necromantic rituals. They're transporting the animated dead from the docks. They've sent zombies as far north as Cath Bedraud, and Daggerfall is next?

Vestige: How can we stop them?

Merien Sellan: I'm imprisoned in a pocket plane of Oblivion. I think I can use the magic I still posses to collapse the plane and end the ritual. But in case I fail, you need to burn the Bloodthorn's boats. Don't let any more zombies leave the village.

Vestige: I'll stop the Bloodthorn.
3:29
Tamien Sellan: Dame Clarique didn't expect you to go charging in here. She cut me free and told me to follow you. I heard you talking to my father. I hope you're not going to pursue his foolish plan. It's too dangerous!

Vestige: You don't think his plan will work?

Tamien Sellan: Oh, it'll work. But it's idiotic. As usual, my father only takes into acount the big picture.

Vestige: What do you mean?

Tamien Sellan: He's going to collapse his prison! I'm not an expert in pocket planes, but that doesn't sound healthy. He's going to kill himself to stop the ritual!

I can't let that happen. I'm going after him.

Vestige: I'll help you save your father. We'll deal with the Bloodthorn later.

Tamien Sellan: I owe you, friend. We'll find a way to deal with these cultists.

The Bloodthorn took control of a house in the center of the village. That's where we'll begin the search for my father. I'll go get some things together and meet you there.
6:18
Merien Sellan: What were you thinking, coming in here after me? The Bloodthorn will escape!

Vestige: Tamien thought you were too valuble to loose.

Merien Sellan: My son said that? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to berate you. I can still collapse this plane. The Bloodthorn may escape, but we'll stop the necromantic ritual here and now. I'll follow you back to the portal.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
During the Dawn Era, Trinimac and Auri-El ripped apart Lorkhan and tore out his heart. The Moons Massar and Secunda are what remains of his physical form.
Lore:The Monomyth - UESPWiki
The Monomyth said:
Finally Trinimac, Auriel's greatest knight, knocked Lorkhan down in front of his army and reached in with more than hands to take his Heart. He was undone.
Lore:The Lunar Lorkhan - UESPWiki
The Lunar Lorkhan said:
In short, the Moons were and are the two halves of Lorkhan's 'flesh-divinity'. Like the rest of the Gods, Lorkhan was a plane(t) that participated in the Great Construction... except where the Eight lent portions of their heavenly bodies to create the mortal plane(t), Lorkhan's was cracked asunder and his divine spark fell to Nirn as a shooting star "to impregnate it with the measure of its existence and a reasonable amount of selfishness."

Masser and Secunda therefore are the personifications of the dichotomy-- the "Cloven Duality," according to Artaeum-- that Lorkhan legends often rail against: ideas of the anima/animus, good/evil, being/nothingness, the poetry of the body, throat, and moan/silence-as-the-abortive, and so on -- set in the night sky as Lorkhan's constant reminder to his mortal issue of their duty.
Lore:Aedra and Daedra - UESPWiki
Aedra & Daedra said:
As part of the divine contract of creation, the Aedra can be killed. Witness Lorkhan and the moons.
Cosmology | The Imperial Library
Cosmology said:
What are Masser and Secunda?
Masser and Secunda ('Jone' and 'Jode' in the Ehlnofex), the moons of Nirn, are the attendant spirits of the mortal plane. They are like the mortal plane in that they are temporal and subject to the bounds of mortality; in fact of this, the moons are dead and died long ago. The moons used to be pure white and featureless, but today their 'skin' is decaying and withering away. Their planes are likewise dying. Mortals perceive this as the moons being spheres with patches of their 'surfaces' completely eaten away; as the moons spin, they seem to become slivers or ragged crescents. These are not caused by shadows, because you can see stars through the black patches of the lunar spheres.
Said Moons are actually plane(t)s of infinite size and mass. This means that Trinimac (and Auri-El) ripped apart a being of infinite size and mass. This would also require travelling an infinite distance in a finite amount of time.
Cosmology said:
What are moons?
Small planets, insofar as one infinite mass of infinite size can be smaller than another.
We have in-game confirmation that each of these realms is a different plane of existance (and may even contain several planes) in-game when the Demi-Plane of Jode is visited, as well as the Den of Lorkhaj, another part of Lorkhan.

Shazah said:
We've walked the Two Moons path, the path of Jone and Jode. But there is a third moon; The Dark Moon, the enemy of the Khajiit. Lorkhaj, the Missing God. This is the secret at the end of the Path...we must travel to the Den of Lorkhaj.

It gets worse. Legend says that the Missing God is dead. That the Den … it is his body. The great emptiness of the Den is the decaying corpse of a dead god. I don't know if … what's that?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Murkmire dev stream.

13:10
The city of Lilmoth is named after the Lilmothiit, a race of fox people who used to live in Black Marsh but are now gone.
Mirkmire First Look said:
Leamon Tuttle: ...So Lilmoth... it's related to the Lilmothiit, which were fox people, that were fox people who lived in Black Marsh for a long time.

Ed Stark: But that was before this expansion, there are no fox people in the expansion.
20:07
A reference to the creations of ancient argonians, which seems a reference to the events of Greg Keyes books. See below.
Ed Stark: ...Here's some of the... what you might recognise as... Argonian ruins, this is...the Argonians who were...years and years ago, millenia ago, built these great zentihs here. Well
Greg Keyes are outright referenced, and you can visit places from them.
22:26
Refencence to the argonian cycle of death and rebirth,
Leamon Tuttle: I practiced before the show! This is (Istagitifflemet?) ...It's a zeimeir that's pacifically brought up in lore, pacifically Greg Keyes Infernal City novel. So you get to go there!
28:25
Argonian necromancers break the cycle of the Hist (recycling souls for argonians to be reincarnated), and gravestakes pin argonian souls into the mud so they don't become bog blights.
Leamon Tuttle: Anyway every tribe has its own kind of quirks, its own values. This is all illustrated through, well all the quests really.

Ed Stark: So this ah... this is an interesting one because it plays on the idea of Argonian rebirth. Y'know, when an argonian dies, they go back to the Hist and they're reincarnated. They all believe this, and y'know it's pretty demonstratable, that the Hist trees take care of their people. This is an Argonian necromancer, which is probably one of the most abhorent things you can run into, as they're trying to break that whole cycle and if you see, the necromancers are doing some stuff with the skeletons, we're not going to show you what she's doing, but if you take a look to the left here you can see a a grave steak.

Leamon Tuttle: Yeah, youll see these scattered all over the zone. They're also called (zuulzats?), or grave stakes. One of the cool cultural things about Argonians is because they love inpermancence, they love change, they're not really attached to anything, when they die out in the swamp, they don't bring them back for burial they tend to stake them down where they are.

Ed Stark: There's kind of a reason for that.

Leamon Tuttle: Right! Because, often in the swamp for reasons no one really understands the dead don't stay dead. They tend to get back up and become bog blights which are one of the new monsters you're going to fight in the zone.

Ed Stark: We'll see one of them in a minute.

Leamon Tuttle: Right, so gravestakes; they pin the argonians down in the mud where they belong so they can move off to the Hist and kind of go back to the...back into the soil.
31:40, the Hist tree of a certain tribe reflects their nature out through its tribe.
51:10, a voriplasm, which previously appeared in the lore books. See below. They can also revive people as skeletons. They also go on to talk about the Teeth of Sithis, but it involved spoilers.

For the above references; on voriplasms from.
Lore:The Argonian Account - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
The Argonian Account said:
Scotti looked in the direction Shehs was watching, and saw nothing unusual in the filthy water. Then, he realized that the pool of green slime in front of them was actually moving, and fairly quickly, from one bank to the other. It deposited small bones behind it as it oozed up into the reeds, and disappeared.

"Voriplasm," Shehs explained, moving the boat forward again. "Big word. It'll strip you to the bone by the second syllable."
References to ancient argonian civilization in The Infernal (where Glim seems to see a vision of the past).
Infernal City Lore Notes | The Imperial Library
The Infernal City said:
Everything else around him ad become waterish, blurred, but as he laid his webbed hand on the rough surface, the colors sharpened and focused. He stood here, no longer seeing the crumbling, rotted Imperial warehouses, but instead a city of monstrous stone ziggurats and statues pushing up to the sky, a place of glory and madness. He felt it tremor around him, smelled anise and burning cinnamon, and heard chanting in antique tongues. His heart thumped oddly as he watched the two moons heave themselves through the low mist of smoke and fog that rolled through the streets, and the waters surged beneath them, around them, beyond the sky.

Back