The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Info on Mirkmire.

A voriplasm digests someone in seconds.
Meet the Character - Jaxsik-Orrn said:
There we stood, calf-deep in ooze and blood. I looked left to see Kuseem drowning in voriplasm. He died well, but could not utter his final death-curse. He just made a gurgling sound, like a guar with its throat cut. His face, once sharp and covered in bright red war-paint, sloughed off his skull like a wet rag. All in one piece. Dissolving in a pool of green slime, right before my eyes.
They also cause weapons to corrode and break apart.
Slime-covered ghouls approached from all sides. I crushed and cleaved, just as my root-mother, and her root-mother before her, had done. But my weapon, becoming coated in corrosive slime, sagged and cracked, growing weaker with every strike. Weaker and weaker. Just like Tlek. Just like me.
Jaxsik-Orrn defeats the voriplasms and their skeleton puppets, even as they smash grave-stakes at her (an image of a grave-stake for scale below).
As I prepared to charge headlong into the Dread-Father’s arms one last time, I heard a hiss and a roar behind me. It was Jaxsik-Orrn. In that moment, I knew we would survive.

She set upon the voriplasms with such rage and strength that even I, her egg-brother, felt a hatchling’s fear well up in my throat-sac. Grave-stakes that the dead-not-dead wielded like clubs crashed against her armor, shattering in a spray of splinters and blood. Voriplasms lashed at her legs, leaving ragged wounds on her calves and thighs. But no injury, large or small, slowed Jaxsik-Orrn’s assault.

In the end, nothing remained of our enemies but broken bones and clumps of slowly fading ooze. Despite her seeping wounds, my sister lurched toward what remained of Kuseem, knife in hand. “Fight on, root-brother,” she whispered reverently, before prying what remained of his head from his ragged corpse.
Part of the main quest involves you entering a dream-wallow, where you enter the dreams and memories of someone else, and experience them too (which is in line with traversing dreams and memories in the Vaermina quest Skyrim, although in this case your body remains behind).
b99zmQX.png

2:24, Hist trees reach deep into Nirn and to lands beyond Argonia, and thanks to the Hist, Argonians realise that some things are certain.
Murkmire said:
Xukas: The root bleeds slow and dry, but this is definately deep sap. We Bright-Throats use this in our dream-wallows. I think this is no coincidence.

Vestige: Deep sap? I didn't see any Hist trees outside.

Xukas: Hist roots strech very far, beeko. Deep down into the heart of xul-Nirn and out into distant lands.
I cannot say what tribe serves this Hist, but the message is clear. The deep sap is here so we can take it. For your dream-wallow.

Vestige: Are you sure I'm the one who should undertake the dream-wallow?

Xukas: Yes. Many things feel uncertain, but your role pounds like a drum in my mind. The deep is for you. The dream-wallow is for you.

Vestige: How can you be sure?

Xukas: With the Hist, some things are certain. I could try to explain it, but this is like trying to explain how to breathe underwater to someone who is not a fish.
I mean no offence. As a not-fish, you are one of the best.

Vestige: Thanks.
6:25, you enter the dream-wallow and examine the mural. You then enter a vision of the past. This is because you have entered someone elses memories (Famia is also partially experiencing them, and even comments on smelling smoke and tasting blood and such) (7:19).
Murkmire said:
Famina Mercius: I heard a name - Mateem. I...I think our friend is reliving an ancient Argonain's memories!
Online:Death and Dreaming - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Journal Entry (Online) said:
Xukas and Jaxsik-Orrn used the reagents they found to create a potent mind-altering smoke. I must breathe it in to begin the dream-wallow.
My mind is reeling! A tangle of roots parted to reveal an ancient mural. I should see what I can learn from it.
In touching the mural, my consciousness was transported to a distant, dreamy marsh. And my body has taken on the aspect of an unfamiliar Argonian. I should explore the marsh. Perhaps I'll find some sign of the Remnant here.
8:43, Myndhal (an Aylied) stops an Argonian and sucks his soul out (at first I thought he got sucked in entirely, but a below gif clears this up).
Murkmire said:
Myndhal: Ah, another soul for our harvest? Delightful.
jqXONR.gif
13:55, the Aylieds have hundreds of soldiers attacking (and the Argonian tribe slaughtered the first wave), and Myndhal rips out the scouts soul (this gif is much clearer on what happens).
Murkmire said:
Scout: They are coming! They are coming!
The Elves! More come, raj-kaal. Hundreds more!

Ra-Kael Druxith: How? We slaughtered them here like hog-fish.

Scout: That was only the first wave.

Raj Kaal Druxith: Kaoc. Fine ! Fall back to the Hist. We fight and die in its shadow. Bare your fangs, root-kin!

Myndhal: Yes, by all means - bare your fangs! I wouldn't want this to be too easy.
nr2Nkl.gif
19:11, Sap-Speaker Kuzei sees that you are not Mateem (the ancient Argonian who's memories you're visiting), but sees you for who you really are. She also refers to events in your present and future (such as the location of the Remnant and the betrayal, by Kassandra, the sacrifice, by Jaxsik-Orrn).
Murkmire said:
Sap-Speaker Kuzei: Mateen-who-is-not. At last.
The sight of you warms my scales. I feared you would not come, but I was wrong. The Hist, in its wisdom, always provides.

Vestige: Mateem-who-is-not? You can see who I really am?

Sap-Speaker Kuzei: In this place, even the keenest eyes see little but embers of the truth, Rootmender. Here, we see with our souls. But these are questions for a dozing time. This moment demands action.
You seek the seed, correct?

Vestige: Seed? Do you mean the Remnant of Argon?

Sap-Speaker Kuzei: What you call it matters little.
The seed, this Remnant, waits in a dark and quiet place, and our souls hide within it. It calls for a protector, a guide, and a mentor that might lift it high and release its spirits in the bright-yellow sun.

Vestige: How can I find the Remnant?

Sap-Speaker Kuzei: I offer you my staff - a branch of great power. It will guide you to us.
Many branbles and snares remain, Rootmender. Betrayal, battle and sacrifie. But the Hist knows your heart and your strength. In time, you shall find what you seek.

Vestige: Thank you. If it will help guide me to the Remnant, I'll take your staff.
Sure enough, Kassandra betrays you and steals the staff right afterwards (which means one can interact with the dream-wallow and bring things back with them).

1:49, Kassandra goes through an Aylied gate powered by vakka stones rather than Aylied stones, and you have to find another vakka stone, which absorb energy from the Sun.
Murkmire said:
Famia Mercius: An Aylied gate? How long did those invaders stay in Murkmire? Never mind. It must need a welkynd stone to function. Let's have a look around.
Like an Oblivion Gate needs a sigil stone, an Aylied gate needs a welkynd stone.
3:35, the gate activates (it's called a Nexus gate).
4:00
Murkmire said:
Famia Mercius: So, she found a use for the Kajin-Jat Crystal after all. Damn! Goodness, languade. Sorry, I meant...no, no, I didn't mean it! Damn!
Without an empowered vakka crystal of that scale, we're stuck here.

Vestige: It's an Aylied gate like the one we just passed through. Can't we just find another welkynd stone?

Famia Mercius: It won't work.
Did you see how the gate glowed yellow as she walked through it? And how these stones lit up as she passed? Somehow, I think this gate only responds to Argonian vakka stones - stones like the Kajin-Jat Crystal.

Vestige: We found the Kajin-Jat crystal before. We can find another vakka stone around here somewhere.

Famia Mercius: Ha. I thought I was supposed to supply the optimism. You're right, of course. We just need to find one that's been soaking up the sun's rays.
Have a look around. I'll stay here and try to puzzle out another method in case you come up empty-handed.
5:31, you enter another Aylied gate, and end up in an...interesting landscape.
Y9Zmp6m.png
qhhtt5E.png
Blue light and floating pillars. Along the way, you see the visions (memories) of two people (Myndhal and Hautern), who speak.
Murkmire said:
Myndhal: After all this time, this is all we could manage...a lifeless vault of qateways, availing us nothing!
The journal of an explorer who got lost here for a week and died.
Online:Doomed Explorer's Journal - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Doomed Explorer's Journal said:
For seven days, I have wandered the halls of this ruin. By the end of the second, I found myself hopelessly lost. By the end of the fifth, I ran out of food. Now, as the sun sets on a full week of quiet misery, I cannot coax even a single drop of water from my canteen. It seems I will die in this place, surrounded by ghosts and prodigious stone gates.

These magic doors, how they mock me! Each whispers promises of escape, but in crossing their threshold, I find no sunlight—only a bright void, then older, still-darker vaults. This Ayleid masonry is so stark. So solemn. While I shall die in the open, I nonetheless feel like I'm already entombed. Buried in a massive stone coffin.

I do not die alone. The veil is thin here. So thin! I heard only whispers at first—Argonian whimpers, and Ayleid voices adrift on the wind. But by the third day, I saw them with my waking eyes: Ayleid ghosts, in all their garish splendor. They did not see me or react to my presence. They only went about their business, reenacting the events of their ancient lives. Some of these vignettes surprise me with their sheer banality. Others, however, feel rich with forgotten truth and arcane menace. Something terrible happened here—to the Argonians at first, then the Ayleids later. Something in (or perhaps beneath) this ruin insists that I watch these events play out; insists that I apprehend the gravity of their consequences. Some force demands that I understand. This is why I die, I think. I fail to understand, and so I must remain.

If anyone finds this journal, pay careful heed to these ghosts. They tell the tale of some great Argonian prize. I only wish I had the insight to learn the deeper truths hidden within their words.

Enough writing for now, I suppose. I see yet another gate nearby. Perhaps this one will lead me home. I just need to gather my strength. A few moments rest is all I need.
Right after that, you end up in another place and fight some Aylieds, including this nameless, totally peak human at best mofo (at 5:54).
APR91p.gif
6:07
Murkmire said:
Myndhal: Souls do not just vanish, Hautern! Find them, or I will find someone else who can.
The conversation is cut off by the player going through the door, but a new line of dialogue begins right after.
Murkmire said:
Houtern: My lord, this Hist's magicks are unlike any we've encountered before. The souls are pulled to a focus of some kind. Without finding the source...

Myndhal: The Remnant...it always comes back to the Remnant. Continue your search, I have much to consider.
7:23, there's some interesting dialogue, but unforunately the player leaves before you can hear it all again.
Murkmire said:
Hautern: My lord? You wished to show me something?

Myndhal: Cast your eyes across this vast expanse. Tell me, what do you see?
7:39, on the bizzare biology of argonians and their endurance.
Murkmire said:
Myndhal: If the cold doesn't do it, try something else. They're lizards. They can't possibly adopt to everything.

Hourtern: That's the thing. I don't think they are just lizards. I don't know what they are. Their physciology is... I don't know how theyr'e even alive.

Myndhal: Keep trying. There must be some way to break them.
They'll tell me their secrets one way or another.
Also of note, Hourtern caused the temperature here to decrease to the point that it snowed in this chamber.
soyuyWQ.png
8:10, the magic of the stone (likely the Remnant of Argon) is compared to the "Light of Magnis given form."
Murkmire said:
Hourtern: We found a suitable stone, my lord. The arcane properties are unlike any I've ever seen before.

Myndhal: Yes. We should have been researching them from the beginning. The Light of Magnus given form. Remarkable.

Right after that you enter another gate, fight Myndhal and kill him, then go on to battle Kassandra and kill her too.

12:43, the Remnant contains the souls of an ancient tribe of Argonians called the Root-Whisper tribe, encased in amber by the Hist to protect them from the Aylieds. However, it was only meant to be temporary, and this drained the tribes Hist tree to a death-like state for sustaining the Remnant for so long.
Murkmire said:
Famia Mercius: There You are. I...I'm sorry, it's very hard...to concentrate. The Remnant called out to me. It...it wannted me to take it, but only for a short time.
We have to be quick.

Vestige: Are you alright?

Famia Mercius: For now, but I can't hold this for long.
This belongs...it belongs to someone else.
This Remnant. I see now. It contains all the souls...all the souls of the ancient tribe. Their name was...the Root-Whisper Tribe. Yes. Yes, that's it.
I know what we have to do.

Vestige: How do you know?

Famia Mercius: Touching the Remnant, I can hear their voices. Old, like stone and willow roots. The souls inside are confused. They escaped the Aylieds, but then...a life in amber.
The Hist kept them safe inside - but it was never meant to last this long...

Vestige: How can we set them free?

Famia Mercius: Go fetch...yes, go fetch Xukas and Jaxisk-Orrn. I can only hold the Remnant. The three of you have a larger role to play. I'll explain it when you get back.
Please, hurry. I...I can only bear the weight of it for a little while longer.
You, Xukas and Jaxsik-Orrn then enter the Remnant, and Jaxisk-Orrn sacrifices herself to lead the Root-Whisper tribe back to the cycle. Within, Sap-Speaker Kuzei recognises you from the past, and says that had Kassandra succeeded to gain the Remnant of Argon, many would have suffered.
psCi3xM.png

EYqRHcQ.png
The loading screen for this place (a quote from Morian Zenas) says that this is not a physical place, and the mind interprets this location the best it can.
Online:The Remnant of Argon - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Loading Screen (Murkmire) said:
"What can the mortal mind do when transported to a place that is not a place? It has no choice but to interpret its surroundings as best it can."—Morian Zenas
Onto other notes, the ancient Argonians used sun-magic to seal one of their structures.
hijS2dJ.png
According to legends, Murkmire once extended much further South before it sank into the sea.
At the southernmost extremity of Black Marsh, the region informally known as Murkmire gradually slopes away from the interior uplands of the north until it fades into the ocean. Legend holds that the land once extended much further south before it sank beneath the waves.
Sithis is Change, and so thus all temples and alters to him are different, though the Teeth of Sithis are the biggest (at least in Murkmire).
Online:Teeth of Sithis - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
As Sithis is Change, there are naturally no standards for Sithis altars or chapels—but in Murkmire, there is certainly no larger temple to the Dread Father than the Teeth of Sithis.
Online:Xul-Thuxis (place) - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
The name of this place translates from Jel as "Snake-Means-Death City," and it's known to be an ancient center of reverence for Sithis, the Dread Father whose other names are Chaos and Change.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Information on the Augur Of The Obscure and the Summerset Online Psiic's questline.

The Vestige is acompanied by a being called the Augur Of The Obscure (we've already met one Augur, the Augur of Dunlain in Skyrim below the Mages College). It has many lines of interesting dialogue, such as follows...

Everything is animistic and has a soul. Coral has a soul, snowmen can have souls, rocks are alive, and even dreams may be alive (though that last ones said as a joke, so I'm not sure how true it is). Spirits reside in water and in lava. I'm reminded of the Skaals beliefs a bit, and everything having a soul makes me think of how Daedra don't have souls. The contrast between Mundus and Oblivion can be seen even more.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: You know coral's just weird sac-animal bones, right? So this is a bit like a cemetery, I guess. Ugh ... you do not want to know what their ghosts look like! Old cheese—I'll leave it at that.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: More ruins. Hmm. You know, every stone tells a story. I mean that literally, by the way. That wall over there won't shut up about how much it hates rain. Let's find this breach and get out of here, eh?
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Snow! Can we make a snow-thing? Snow-person? Whatever? you know, if you make it right, it develops a sad little soul! 'Course it melts later. Bit of a shame, that. But we can name it and everything!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Breach ho, mate! While you look, I will regale you with a hilarious joke! What do you call a lygosmotic dream-wave on its birthday? A ventswattle! Get it? A ventswattle? Oh, never mind.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: What's this? The Red Tower fragment? Careful with that one, mate. It's tempermental ... and full of spirit-lava. That's the most dangerous kind of lava.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Breach ahead. Say, what is it with you bipeds and waterfalls? A deluge of happy water-spirits cast to their doom, smashed to bits on the sullen rocks below. Hardly a recipe for romance, mate!
The Augur Of The Obscure can smell colours.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: What a view! Aside from the coral over there. Be glad your silly face-holes can't smell colors. Ugh! That orange! It smells like ... old figs fell out of an ogre's bottom. Let's find this breach, eh?
It's immortal and doesn't need to eat, sleep or waste.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: The ruins of Leki's Blade. Really gets you thinking, eh? About mortality. The long, slow march of time ... the grim inevitability of death, decay, and obscurity. Phew! Glad I don't have to worry about that!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure:Ah, there's a breach here. City's a bit gaudy, eh? At least by mortal standards. Where I come from, this would be little more than a privy. I'm kidding, of course. No one pees where I come from.
It's composed of pure math, and finds beings of flesh disgusting and strange. Also, there are creatures that eat maths are a thing (called Antipodal math-grabbers; think about that name, grabbers).
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure:Yech. Vampires. Pays to not have a neck sometimes, eh? Blood too, I guess. 'Course if you see any antipodal math-grabbers you'll let me know, right? They'd just love to get a bite of me!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: There's definitely a breach around here somewhere, meat-brain. You don't mind me calling you meat-brain, do you? I mean, as mundane physical brains go, you're really top of the class!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Definitely a breach here, mate. Say, I was thinking—maybe we should get something for Josajeh to cheer her up! I'm thinking meat of some variety. You meat-brains like meat, right?
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: You're doing that thing where water squirts out of your skin, aren't you? Sweating, eh? Ugh. And you people think I'm weird! Let's find this breach and cool off.
It can sense what happened somewhere in the past, including what emotions were felt in the past, as well as dreams (also fish have 37 varieties of fear).
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure:Ooh, a spooky clifftop estate. What a fine place for a breach. All sorts of ghastly things happened here, I can tell you that. I'd shudder if I had shoulders. I'm kidding of course—mortal fear is hilarious.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Deshaan, eh? A lot of transliminal dread residue here. Must be the fish. Did you know fish experience thirty-seven different varieties of fear? That's why they always look surprised!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Hmm. These ruins are dripping with old intention, mate. Forgotten dreamforms, frothing hour-bests .... Great place for a blood-ritual. Or a very unsettling birthday party.
It regards the Hist as insufferable.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Shadowfen? Ugh. The Hist are insufferable. Honestly, if they're so smart, why can't they stop leaking their sap all over the place? Don't drop me in there, by the way. Stuff's impossible to wash off
Being in the Spellscar and at the Throat of the World hurts it.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Agh! This place is awful! Feels like something's feeding my head through a lumber mill! And that noise! Can you hear that? Let's find this fragment and get out of here!
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: The Snow Throat Fragment! Congratulations--good for you. Now let's get out of here, eh? My teeth feel like they're going to fall out of my face! Ow. Ow. Ow!
It is a traveller from another universe/dimension/plane, and exists in more than 3 dimensions (the oceans exist in more than 3 dimensions, and seeing its true form would cause a mortals brain to explode).
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Watch your step around here, mate. This arena is what we in the dimension-hopping community call a "really bad idea door". Daedric mischief for sure. Let's find this breach and go, all right?
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: There's a breach here, mate. I'm seeing a bridge ... or maybe a flat sideways tower people can walk on? I guess they're kind of the same thing. Only having three dimesions does make things simpler.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: A breach near the sea! I do love the ocean. It's a shame you can only see in three dimensions. All the quasi-tones and inverse number-forms .... Actually, I take it back—your meat-brain would explode if you saw this.
In the Augur's home world, they don't build statues, as they come to life and sneeze death-algorithms everywhere.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Well, that's a prodigous statue. We don't build statues anymore where I come from. They always ended up coming to life, sneezing death-algorithms all over the place .... Trust me, it was a mess.
It can detect breeches in time by hearing them.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: I hear a breach nearby. You can't, can you? Count yourself lucky. Sounds like ... a swarm of bees bouncing around in a tin bucket full of sleigh bells. Sort of like that racket bards make.
It knows how many grains of sand there are in the Alik'r desert.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Hmm .... Yeah, there's a breach nearby. Say, did you know there are six and a half quadrillion grains of sand in the Alik'r? Oh, come on. Don't act like you're not impressed!
It's implied to be able to control gravity.
Anumaril foresaw the creation of the Numidum.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Walk-Brass? Oh this one's a puzzler, mate! If Anumaril created the Staff of Towers in the First Era, how'd he know about a tower the Dwarves hadn't made yet? Pow! Brain explosion!
The Staff of the Towers can cause Dragon Breaks.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Breach around here somewhere. Oh, and by the way, Celarus has no idea what he's doing with that staff. Ah well. Dragon Breaks aren't so bad. Ha! I'm joking. They're horrific, mate.
The Staff can make time turn inside out.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: So, Staff of Towers, eh? Lots of peril there, mate. I've got to admit, though, I'm very exited to see how it turns out! I'd say, what? Sixty-percent chance time folds inside-out? We'll see!
Needless to say, leaving time breaches open is bad, and lead to the end of linear time.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Hmm. Breach nearby. I don't know why you're so intent on sealing them. Linear time is so overrated. Just imagine, you could die before you were even born! Wait ... that's horrifying isn't it? I'm sorry. Never mind.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Another breach out there. Maybe we should leave this one be, you know? Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? Wait--I'm not encouraging you to ask me that question. The answer is very graphic.
The Crystal Tower Fragment occupies multiple places at the same time.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: The Crystal Fragment? This is an odd one, mate. It's here, but also somewhere else. Several other somewheres in fact. Don't think about it too hard. It's bad for your meat-brain.
The Orichalc Tower is ugly, sunken and long forgotten.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: The Orichalc fragment! Don't hear much about the Orichalc Tower anymore, but it was always my favorite. I love ugly, sunken, long-forgotten things.
Something's eating the Shadowfen breach.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Yeah, there's a breach here somewhere. And something's eating it? I certainly wouldn't recommend that. Unless you're really anxious to get sucked through your own belly-button.
Some other misc notes. The waters in Rivenspire (or water in general) are filled with brain-billies, spirit jellyfish that sting memories.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Best find this breach before the tide comes in. Water's full of brain-billies: little spirit-jellies that sting people's memories. Don't believe me? Think of that time you wet your pants. Ha! Hurts, right?
Watery locations are filled with etherial behemoth mind-snails, which only beings like the Augur can see.
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Hmm. Rocks. Water. More rocks ... wait! That's it. Breach nearby, mate. Sorry, I got distracted by all the behemoth mind-snails. It's too bad you can't see them, They're really cure. Sort of.
The dreugh weren't always the way they are (possibly a reference to Lyg).
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Dreugh? Ugh. I'm telling you, mate, they used to be a lot more pleasant. Now these land dreugh are all crab-faced and stabby. Shame. Let's find this breach and move on, eh?
Deciduous trees love accordion music
Summerset Online said:
Augur Of The Obscure: Another breach near that tree, I think. Fun fact—all deciduous trees love accordion music. Just more proof that all trees are idiots.
Sources for the above.
Online:The Psijics' Calling - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:Breaches of Frost and Fire - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:The Shattered Staff - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:The Towers' Remains - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:A Breach Amid the Trees - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:The Towers' Remains - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:Time in Doomcrag's Shadow - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:A Breach Beyond the Crags - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:A Time for Mud and Mushrooms - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:Breaches on the Bay - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
The ones responsible for the breeches have access to alternate universes, and said breeches lead to other universes.
Online:The Towers' Fall - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Quest Maker (Summerset Online) said:
  1. Defeat Josajeh's alternate timeline selves, and close the time breaches
Mannimarco magically chokes Vanus Galerion.
ON-quest-Half-Formed_Understandings.jpg
As viewed through a seeing stone called the Eye of Remembrance.
Summerset Online said:
Ulliceta, an apprentice studying under the Psijics, took a powerful seeing stone called the Eye of Remembrance to the forbidden Traitor's Vault. It may reveal the secrets hidden there.
The Psijics can see into the Spirit World.
Online:Psijic Order - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Ability description said:
See the Unseen: The insight you have gained from the Psijic Order grants you vision of the spiritual world. You can now interact with rifts all throughout Tamriel.
[/SPOILER]

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Miraak is the Last Dragonborns deadliest adversary (this includes Alduin, Ancano with the Eye of Magnus, Harkon with Auri-El's Bow, Mercer Frey, the Ebony Warrior and many more).

The Elder Scrolls Official Site | Skyrim Special Edition

Official Skyrim website said:
Dragonborn

With this official add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary – the first Dragonborn.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mankar Camorans Paradise is big enough to contain a sun.
bY1DwEJ.png
This realm is a part of Mankar Camoran, which he's sustaining. Kill him and you destroy Paradise.
Oblivion:Brother Martin - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Martin Septim said:
I've learned that the Mysterium Xarxes is both the gate and the key to Camoran's Paradise. In some sense, the book IS Camoran's Paradise. Mankar Camoran bound himself to the Xarxes when he created his Paradise, using dark rituals which I will not speak of further.
Martin Septim said:
I believe that Mankar Camoran acts as the "anchor" for Paradise, just as a sigil stone anchors an Oblivion Gate in place. Kill Mankar Camoran, and you will unmake his Paradise.
When you arrive in Gaiar Alata and travel through it, the disembodied voice of Mankar Cameron speaks to you, backing this up.

Elder Scrolls Online
Loremasters Archive: The Maelstrom Arena said:
Fa-Nuit-Hen: Indeed, reality as personal manifestation is the norm in all the highly-organized realms I have visited.

Not only is he one with and sustaining a solar system sized dimension (at minimum), but he states that the Champion of Cyrodiil is similar in power to him.
Oblivion:Mankar Camoran - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Mankar Cameron said:
I have waited a long time for you, Champion of Old Tamriel. You are the last gasp of a dying age. You breathe the stale air of false hope. How little you understand! You cannot stop Lord Dagon. The walls between our worlds are crumbling. The Mythic Dawn grows nearer with every rift in the firmament. Soon, very soon, the lines now blurred will be erased. Tamriel and Oblivion rejoined! The Mythic Age reborn! Lord Dagon shall walk Tamriel again. The world shall be remade. The new age shall rise from the ashes of the old. My vision shall be realized. Weakness will be purged from the world, and mortal and immortal alike purified in the refiner's fire. My long duel with the Septims is over, and I have the mastery. The Emperor is dead. The Amulet of Kings is mine. And the last defender of the last ragged Septim stands before me, in the heart of my power. Let us see who at last has proved the stronger!
After you defeat him, his realm of Gaiar Aletia dissolves back into Oblivion.
Oblivion said:
I killed Mankar Camoran. Upon his death, the Paradise he had created dissolved around me, and I found myself back in Cloud Ruler Temple with the Amulet of Kings in my hand. I must give the Amulet to Martin.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Among the many hierarchies of daedra, Daedra Lords are immensely powerful Daedra who while far above lesser daedra and are near the top, are still weaker than the Princes. Some of these Daedra Lords have their own spheres and their own realms, whether they're independent or subservient to one of the Princes. Hircine for example, has Daedra Lords who rule over sub-spheres of his greater spheres, and one of these is the Lord of Fishing.

51:39

So, ah, let me just speak a bit to this point. A lot of people just think...they have a simplistic view...Oblivion and...you've got the Daedric Princes up here and zillions and kajillions of lesser daedra beneath them. It's more complicated than that in most cases. You've got many, many hierachies, of different daedra, and up near the top you've got the very powerful daedra that are not as powerful as the Princes, but they're called the Daedra Lords. And some of them have their own spheres...their own realms of Oblivion that they handle, that they rule. And others are minions of the Daedric Princes and manage sub-spheres of the Daedric Princes greater spheres. Now Hircine is one of the latter. Hircine has Daedra Lords who report to him and manage other areas, and one of those Daedra Lords is the Lord of Fishing! However, that's all I'm gonna tell you about him, or her, because I don't want to reveal any spoilers. Because we've got plans, for the Lord of Fishing. - Lawrence Schick

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Stocking Anarchy Do you follow Fudgemuppet on YouTube? They post tons of Elder Scrolls Lore videos.

I primarily follow them for their Skyrim roleplaying builds. Right now, I’m taking a break with my High Elf for a build based on this one: The Avenger

Character goes perfectly with my usual roleplaying of a Thalmor hating rebel. Awesome backstory and playstyle and Krosis + Glass Armor just looks badass.

Going to follow the above but probably mix in some One-Handed too. Just doesn’t feel like a proper Warrior without some kind of melee skill.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Stocking Anarchy Do you follow Fudgemuppet on YouTube? They post tons of Elder Scrolls Lore videos.

I primarily follow them for their Skyrim roleplaying builds. Right now, I’m taking a break with my High Elf for a build based on this one: The Avenger

Character goes perfectly with my usual roleplaying of a Thalmor hating rebel. Awesome backstory and playstyle and Krosis + Glass Armor just looks badass.

Going to follow the above but probably mix in some One-Handed too. Just doesn’t feel like a proper Warrior without some kind of melee skill.

I don't really follow that many TES Youtubers sorry.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The Skaal are such a fascinating take on the usual Nords between their monotheistic belief and pacifism as opposed to the usual Nord lifestyle of battle and glory-seeking.

Wish Dragonborn featured more focus on them with perhaps a few more missions or even letting you join them officially

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
strongest other races fans vs weakest breton enjoyer :maybe

Also posting as a reminder that any one of these characters could solo all of MHA and RWBY.

Ironic that SB would use these cinematics to downplay TES when these same cinematics had Abnur Tharn stop an island destroying explosion without prep and react to the explosion.

They also tried to say the cinematics were more canon than ESO was. :skully

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Also the implications that Thaeddeus Cosma and Abnur Tharn are the same person, and said explosion fucked with space and time. Kaalgrontiid was also fucking with the moons to achive godhood after all so island/continent level is a literal low end bit feat version of the feat.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Looking back over some interviews to try and find a certain line again. I couldn't find it*, but here are some other interview notes of note.

A dragonborn is someone who has been anointed by the gods with a soul of a dragon.
6:10
Todd Howard: And what it really comes down to mean is anointed by the gods with the soul of a dragon.
Fus Ro Dah is a blast of energy (further yet backing up that thu'um is done by energy).
10:28
Mark Lampert: When you say "Fuss...Ro Dah!" like that, that's when the big clap of thunder y'know, should fire off in the game and this blast of energy comes out of the player and knocks your opponent off their feet and if it times up all right then it feels perfect.
Dragons clawed the ancient Nord writings on the Word Walls with their claws.
10:52
Todd Howard: You have these words where you learn the words of power usually, and they are these ancient writings of the Nords who knew the language.

Emil Pagliarulo: One of our concept artists Adam came up with the visual. You know, Todd was directing him like "no it's gotta look like you know, if the dragons had clawed it into the stone." So it's very jagged looking.

Matthew Carofano: And he decided "well the dragon has this many claws. It probably uses its thumb claw as like a rotation point, and then he started sketching scratch patterns and eventually that became the language.
A part of the story of the characters is the environment they live in and the items you find around them.
13:30
Matthew Carofano: It makes a sense of believablility to the world. So you really see how people live in it and what they're doing, and a lot of the story is just told by the clutter or the environment which is just built around that character.
16:39
Todd Howard: I think combat is a really really tricky thing in a game like this. You wanna make you, physically, the player who bought the game feel like you're getting better...but, moreso that the character that you are playing is getting better and better. Where do you draw that line? How much does it become a reflex game? "I'm good at blocking at the right time" verses "my character is good at blocking at the right time?"
*Todd Howard I believe it was says that Dovahkiin starts out weaker but then becomes immensly powerful or something along those lines.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A big post on cosmology size. To start, Clockwork City has many layers and "kind of" goes on endlessly, which represents wheels within wheels and worlds within worlds.

32:43
Gina Bruno: Somebody was asking if...if the Clockwork City is some sort of parallel universe and if it's endless.

Lawrence Schick: Kind of. Both those questions is kind of. In fact it's a deliberate parallel universe, in that it deliberately parallels Tamriel above. And...what was the second part?

Gina Bruno & Leamon Tuttle: Is it endless?

Lawrence Schick: Is it endless? You don't see nearly all of it from what you can see of it in the game. It has layers, and only Sotha Sil knows the full extent of those layers and what the functions of some of the other areas are...Samantha, could you please just lean back and look up at the sky for a moment there? Look up there, look at those whirling rings spinning around the world of the Clockwork City. That is the outside of the Clockwork City...or maybe not. That's just what you can see from the Brass Fortress, and you can see that Sotha Sil has taken the concept of wheels within wheels and worlds within worlds and has made it manifest right over your head. So you're constantly contemplating the fact that the world is a built thing and therefore it can be reverse engineered, reengineered and improved! Look, there's the proof right above your head! So yeah, it's profound as hell! Goddamn this stuff is deep!
There are infinite wheels, each going out infinitely to the Eye of Auri-El.
"Or the number could be more Lorkhanic nonsense; that is, convenient for Man.

"The Ysmir line is dead and so is His stranglehold on the mythic.

"A single Wheel? More like a Telescope that stretches all the way back to the Eye of the Anui-El, with Padomaics innumerable along its infinite walls.

"We're coming for you in every one of your quarters, Sons of Talos. None shall survive."
Vestige: Could I meet him?
Lilatha: Someday, perhaps. The Psijic Order's isle of Artaeum is no longer here. It may return in time, but for now you'd probably have an easier time reaching Aetherius or realms beyond.The order values solitude, much like Sotha Sil.
In the Mundus, each of the major plane(t)s (save Nirn) are an entire plane of existence of infinite size and mass, and are perceived as spherical because the mortal mind cannot perceive the infinite.

What are planets?​

The planets are the gods and the planes of the gods, which is the same thing. That they appear as spherical heavenly bodies is a visual phenomena caused by mortal mental stress. Since each plane(t) is an infinite mass of infinite size, as yet surrounded by the Void of Oblivion, the mortal eye registers them as bubbles within a space. Planets are magical and impossible. The eight planets correspond to the Eight Divines. They are all present on the Dwarven Orrery, along with the mortal planet, Nirn.

What is Nirn?​

Nirn (Ehnofex for 'Arena') is a finite ball of matter and magic made from all of the god planets at the beginning of time, when Lorkhan tricked/convinced/forced the gods to create the mortal plane. Nirn is the mortal plane and the mortal planet, which is the same thing. Its creation upset the cosmic balance; now all souls (especially the Aedra-Daedra/Gods-Demons) have a vested interest in Nirn (especially its starry heart, Tamriel).

What are moons?​

Small planets, insofar as one infinite mass of infinite size can be smaller than another. Planets do have orbits, or at least lunar orbits are perceived to happen by mortals. Moons are regarded by various cultures as attendant spirits of their god planet, or minor gods, or foreign gods. The moons of Nirn are Masser and Secunda. Moons are not represented in the Dwarven Orrery.
Space acts like a planet in that it's infinite but surrounded by Aetherius.

What is space?​

Space is the interpretation of Oblivion, which is black and empty and surrounds the mortal plane. Space is infinite, but it acts just like a planet, in that Oblivion is 'surrounded' by Aetherius. You can see Aetherius by the stars.

What are stars?​

The stars are the bridges to Aetherius, the magic plane. They are perceived as holes on the inside surface of space. Because they are on the inside of a sphere, all stars are equidistant from Nirn. Larger stars, therefore, are not closer to the mortal plane, they are just larger tears in Oblivion. The largest tear in Oblivion is Magnus, the sun.
This is important to the Mages Guild questline in Oblivion, the main story of Elswyer Online as well as other quests in ESO.

One infinity surrounded by a bigger infinity is perceived as a sphere or bubble.
What created the Wheel?

Anu and Padhome, stasis and change, both vast realms sitting in the void, they created it. Not vast, infinite, as the void was infinite. Imagine an infinity enclosed by another; you come away with a bubble. Now watch as the two bubbles touch. Their intersection is a perfect circle of pattern and possibility that we shall call the Aurbis. The Aurbis is the foundation of the Wheel.
Apocrypha is infinite, with different laws to Mundus (as per the omniscient narrator).
75xm9a4.jpg

Sithis is formless and as infinite as the Void.
kGh1Ty6.jpg

Oblivion has infinite worlds and infinite variation.
Lyranth the Foolkiller says, “Though you are a lowly worm, I shall answer both your questions, in hopes that it will infuriate Eis Vuur Warden, so that he will seek you out 'in the flesh' to enact revenge for my blatant favoritism. (It is, after all, what I would do.) Regarding promotions and demotions: a rigid hierarchy such as we Dremora glory in defines the relationship between ranks, but does not dictate what rank an individual must fill. (Except, of course, when it does, but explaining further exceeds the scope of my willingness to answer.) In the service of a great and warlike Master, discorporation of individuals is frequent, but the hierarchy must persist! In such cases change of rank is necessary, that the web of command be maintained.
“Ah, the Xivilai. Are there any Daedra, in all the infinite worlds of Oblivion, more pompous and filled with unwarranted conceit than those impertinent and unruly louts? It is true that their combination of brute strength and low cunning makes them effective agents in certain rare situations, but for most purposes they are sadly unreliable. As you may be aware, our Master's personal guard, the Xivkyn, are the result of experiments with vestigial hybridization in the Vile Laboratory. At first blush they seem acceptable allies, but before we Dremora can fully trust them, we need to see an archaeon or two pass to give us some track record."
All possibilities are manifested in the planes of Oblivion.
Lyranth the Foolkiller says, “Your problem, mortal, is exemplified by your words, 'share a common origin in the planes of Oblivion.' There is nothing 'common' about, between, or across the planes of Oblivion—they are the very definition of change and variation, manifesting all possibilities, and validating all understanding and misunderstanding. You seek similarities where there are only differences, a classification of chaos. You think that, because you perceive a superficial resemblance between the outward appearance of the Nightmare Courser and the Hell Hound, that they must share a 'relationship.' Ever the mortal mind defends itself against the reality of what it cannot comprehend by the pathetic imposition of familiar patterns on entities of inconvenient hyperagonal morphology. Bah. Reflect on the fact that you have failed to understand a single word of my explanation, and burden me with no more such questions."
There are countless planes of Oblivion.
jQIuoQ1.jpg

The Aurbis has been refered to as the Multiverse, including by the omniscient narrator.
Unbeknownst to all but a few, Nirn has come unmoored from the fabric of the multiverse, as the mortal realm is drawn ever closer to Coldharbour, the twisted Oblivion realm of the Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement, Molag Bal. The Planemeld, a process in which the two worlds slowly become one, is threatening the existence of all races on Tamriel.
Nirn has alternate versions as well, as seen in the multiplayer for Shadowkey.
Your death in the shadow realm severs your bond with the magic that allows you to share worlds. You are back on your own."
Realms & planes are referred to as universes and self-contained realities.
?????? others believe that ????? ??????? ??? rune is itself a worm hole which regarded obliquely presents a doorway to a parallel universe.
If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world. It sounds fun and new.
A mysterious stone literally from another universe - the plane of Oblivion - Atronite is often left behind when an Atronach is defeated or dispelled. It is used in the tempering of high-end weapons and armor.
There are different kinds of realms, which include major planes, sub-realms and pocket realms.
Tutor Riparius says, “Certainly, Lord Demiprince! The catch-all term 'pocket realm' may apply to any minor plane of Oblivion, whether linked to the major plane of a Daedric Prince or not, that is, whether incorporated, semi-autonomous, or autonomous. The Princes themselves are, almost by definition, quite distinct and different from each other, each with his or her own ideas of hierarchy and allegiance. So their methods of managing their realms, sub-realms, and pocket realms vary wildly. A major Oblivion plane is an expression of its Prince's very nature, so to say that each 'craves absolute control' of his or her sphere is inexact, as a desire for 'absolute control' is not central to every Prince's nature. To use the example you chose yourself, Sanguine's Myriad Realms of Revelry is a congeries of pocket and sub-realms, within which Sanguine grants his guests considerable latitude for personal customization, as each mini-realm can be refashioned to meet the needs and desires of its visitants. It is in Sanguine's nature to indulge the natures of others, particularly their darker desires—so to Sanguine, 'absolute control' is anathema."
Even different planes of Oblivion consist of different worlds, such as the Deadlands and Apocyrpha.
X1vZ0rV.jpg

mW22k0e.jpg

Aetherius is also composed of many different realms.
Vestige: How do they twinkle and move across the sky, then?
Girnalin:
Well, consider this. As Oblivion is a realm composed of realms, so, too, is Aetherius a bright sea with many realms within.
Each of these stars is a window into these realms, and as these realms move, so too do they move. Or close, like doors.
Vestige: What realms do you mean?
Girnalin:
Now, that is an enormous question that I cannot answer. Many souls of mortals become spirits of another sort in that place—and that is all I can say with any certainty. As difficult as it is to travel to Oblivion, it is far more to go to Aetherius.
The vastness of the Mundus.
Wn39Qo.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Skyrim The Adventure Boardgame is finally here! I hope to compile a masterpost in the future, but in the meantime I'll post all of interest I find.

The main hero of the game in the Dawnguard expansion ends up in Boethiah's plane of Attribution's Share. You die dozens of times and come back to life via the will of Boethiah. A horrific creature (possibly Boethiah herself) swallows you whole, and Boethiah speaks directly to your mind. This also shows the difference in the flows of time between Attribution's Share and Nirn, as this game takes place over a time period of around 40 years (it starts 40 years before the events of Skyrim and goes to the events of Skyrim).
0pw763R.png
A mysterious stone with magical protection falls from the sky. Within it is a scroll about the origin of the Dunmer, the Testing, the Reclaimations and Boethiah.
tkZRduv.png

CKF4e5E.png
The Vampire Lord strengthens undead creatures across the land.
DDSBHpQ.png
Entering the Spiral Skein (which is both oddly familiar and reassuringly distorted), and you see a copy of yourself which will take your place on Nirn. If you defeat the copy of yourself you return to Nirn, but if you fail you will be stuck in the Spiral Skein until you manage to escape (after an unknown period of time).
eCnb5qw.png

6Yknkbm.png
Death is not enough to escape Boethiah's grasp.
f0JmDD9.png
Daedra are creatures from another dimension.
bBcg3AG.png
Travelling through Oblivion will lead to some unwanted side effects on the adventurer (the effect of this card is swapping form with either another player or a random monster).
SnZpKwC.png
The hero has chances Oviron across different planes for centuries.
9RcKq7n.png
It takes weeks and months to reach Black March from Skyrim, and even as you live out your life you still sometimes hear Boethiah's voice and cross with her Chosen.
pgDsscc.png
A being in the "Mitten" (this is almost certainly a typo of "the Midden", especially as it's in Winterhold) can see the future.
X2qiCVQ.png
Mephala's presence is like a snake crawling in your soul.
jws0C0h.png
Dwemer annimunculi are coming out of the ground at Nchuand-Zel.
EjHk4Ak.png
Overin is a powerful magic user, and his presence is bound to leave a trace, which the mages in Winterhold can track.
78WwNYQ.png

V558zCz.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A few more cards from Skyrim The Boardgame.

Within the Spiral Skein, you see yourself as young, old, sick, strong and dead everywhere they look.
PIpDDFe.png
Meridia refers to Boethiah as her cousin and reads the heroes mind.
MC88NXZ.png

MKUBiL3.png
Boethiah's Chosen Ones flood the cities of Skyrim.
3VuSwFR.png
Even as a vampire, you can still hear Boethiah's voice and are not free of her influence.
MrYhbt0.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The next ESO storyline has been unveiled, and we are returning to both Morrowind and Apocrypha! You must work for Hermaeus Mora to stop unknown forces which are threatening reality itself.
The Daedric Prince of Knowledge, Hermaeus Mora, harbors and protects many secrets best kept from mortals and Daedra alike. Now, the One Who Knows’ most closely guarded mysteries are threatened by forces unknown and reality itself is at risk!
The two intro dungeons will have you battling not only the Scribes of Mora, but also the temporal magics of Bal Sunnar.
In the upcoming Scribes of Fate DLC, you can delve into two new four-player PvE dungeons and battle your way past the twisted acolytes of the Scribes of Mora in Scrivener’s Hall or contend with the temporal magics of Bal Sunnar. Each dungeon is set to challenge you and your team with Normal and Veteran difficulties (including Hard Mode) and features its own quest and rewards.
You must help Mora stop reality itself from unravelling, but despite all this, Mora is a dark force and he may have some plans of his own.
Discover the Dark Elves of the Telvanni Peninsula and investigate a scheme that threatens to unravel reality itself—Hermaeus Mora needs mortal assistance, but can the Prince of Knowledge truly be trusted?
On the Telvanni Peninsula is the city of Necrom, which has not been seen in a TES game since Arena.
Located along the eastern coast of Morrowind, the Telvanni Peninsula is home to House Telvanni. If you’ve previously explored Sadrith Mora within the island of Vvardenfell, you might be familiar with the region’s alien landscape, including its giant mushrooms and the mages who call it home. However, separate from the Telvanni yet at the center of it all is the zone’s capital, Necrom. Also known as the city of the dead, Necrom has not been seen in an Elder Scrolls game since 1994’s The Elder Scrolls: Arena. In this new Chapter, you’ll have an opportunity to venture through the Dark Elf city, experience its solemn purpose, and uncover its ancient history and lore.
Apocrypha is described as an endless library, and contains secrets hidden from mortals and Daedra alike.
In this new Chapter, you can also explore the endless library of Apocrypha, Hermaeus Mora’s realm of Oblivion, and uncover secrets hidden from mortals and Daedra alike. Home to both the followers of the Lord of Knowledge and the lost souls of those who once sought to learn its secrets, Apocrypha is unlike any Daedric realm you have experienced in ESO before. You might have delved into some aspects of this part of Oblivion from The Elder Scrolls Online V: Skyrim—Dragonborn, but in the Necrom Chapter, you should be prepared to discover all-new areas not seen before in any of your previous adventures.
Apocrypha is again refered to as containing endless libraries (this is the second time the omniscient narrator has refered to Apocrypha as being infinite or endless, the first being in the Skyrim Prima).
Two bizarre and wonderful worlds await you in The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom. Are you excited to explore the city of the dead? Or perhaps you’re eager to lose yourself in the endless libraries of Hermaeus Mora’s realm of Oblivion?
The Arcanist class is the latest class, and allows you to draw upon abilities and powers from Apocrypha.
Unimaginable power is yours to wield at will with the all-new Arcanist class. Just unveiled today as part of the 2023 ESO Global Reveal, the Arcanist is ESO’s seventh and newest class. Arriving with the upcoming Necrom Chapter in June, it brings powerful new abilities and mechanics drawn from Hermaeus Mora’s realm of Oblivion.

As a practitioner of this mystical new class, you can harness powerful runes, tomes of ancient knowledge, and the energy of Apocrypha itself to unleash destructive, defensive, or restorative magics.
The Arcanist can also create portals across the battlefield (which also serves as a passage between worlds).
Prefer to play a supporting role? With the restorative Curative Runeforms skill line, you can make use of healing runes to keep your party (or yourself) healthy, shield your allies from damage, or even help them navigate the battlefield via portals with the Apocryphal Gate ability, which summons a passage between worlds!
Something is threatening Mora's most closely guarded secret. To uncover this conspiracy you must walk between realities to stop a conspiracy powerful enough to threaten both Nirn and Oblivion.
Featuring 30 hours of all-new story content, the Necrom Chapter takes you into two weird-but-wonderful new zones. First, venture across the Telvanni Peninsula to discover more about the lore of the Dark Elves who call this part of Morrowind home. Then dive deep into the eldritch curiosities held within Apocrypha, the realm of Oblivion that the Daedric Prince of Knowledge claims as his own.

In Necrom, you become an agent of Hermaeus Mora tasked with investigating a mysterious threat to the Daedric Prince’s most closely guarded secrets. You must seek out lost knowledge deep within the heart of the City of the Dead and walk between realities to uncover a vast conspiracy powerful enough to endanger Nirn and Oblivion alike.
The cinematic trailer for Shadow Over Morrowind, in which we see Mora watching over different parts of reality and Apocrypha itself. An Arcanist uses a portal to escape into Apocrypha and meets Mora.

vzS6Qqu.png

fOWeGa0.png

e0MGriC.png

l9gdR45.png
DODyQiE.png

8H2SnrU.png
Finally, we see the biggest manifestation of a Prince to date, with Herma-Mora taking up the entire sky. He is well behind the clouds and the mountains on the horizon, making him at absolute minimum many kilometers across. However, we can also see there's a setting Sun below Mora's eye, which given the nature of Magus the Sun, makes this way more crazy (if that is the case, Mora could outright be infinite in size here).
YkdAJ6u.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The abilities of the Arcanist where partially inspired by anime.

1:57
Stephen Cerretani: When initially coming up with the Arcanist, we had a ton of ideas and inspiration coming from all sorts of places. Movies, comics, classic literature and both retro & modern games. There was even a handful of anime references.

Back