• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One of the realms of Oblivion that Attrebus and Sul end up in contains a jade moon.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oblivion Gates burned so hot that they melted the ground beneath them and fused to a glass-like state.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Shivering Isles is Sheogorath's own plane of Oblivion.
Shivering Isles features more than 30 hours of new gameplay and allows you to explore an entirely new plane of Oblivion – the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness.
In this expansion, you have to protect this realm from destruction, and if you have it in you, even wear the mantle of a god.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oblivion is made of lots of planes, and there's a plane for each of the Princes.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Jagar Tharn traps Emperor Uriel Septim VII in an alternate dimension.
Jagar Tharn, imperial battlemage to the Uriel Septim, Emperor of Tamriel, betrays Uriel by using an artifact called the Staff of Chaos to imprison Uriel in an alternate dimension. Tharn then assumes the Emperor's identity and place on the throne.
You and Ria Simane discover this evil scheme, but Tharn kills Ria and imprisons you. However, Ria's ghost teleports you to your home province.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Clockwork City is thought by some to move around, and by others to be a giant living machine. What is known though is that it was built by Sotha Sil, who has a penchant for dark magic and mechanics.
The Tribunal all possess immense godlike powers, and used to be mortals before they gained (or as some believe, stole) the power of the Heart of Lorkhan.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
You can very clearly see the three major constellations of the Firmament (the Warrior, the Mage and the Thief) in Sovngarde.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From the old Morrowind official website, it's confirmed that Vivec froze the mythical comet of Baar Dau with a mere gesture.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
When Alduin is finally defeated, not only is there a great storm that covers Sovngarde, but several of the giant statues are shattered and great landslides come down from the nearby mountains. We can see this on both sides of the Hall of Valor. Note also there are no meteorites visible hitting the mountains or the statues that break.
Looking to the skies and we see ominous clouds circling, which change in colour as Alduin is sucked into the sky.
After you strike the killing blow, Alduin soul starts to dissipate.
After you strike the killing blow, Alduin writhes in agony and his soul begins to dissipate....
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)
Alduin's soul leaves his body, and with a final thunderous spasm he is torn apart, with not even a skeleton remaining behind.
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)
Only Tsun can send you back to the mortal world, which he does so by summoning Shor's Might, but not before bestowing you with a shout that lets you summon a hero from Sovngarde.
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Alduin's death throes cause several violent explosions, which are capable of sending stones flying (and will trigger the stagger animation for Dovahkiin).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In Steepfalls Barrow, in front of a treasure chest, there is (yep!) another sword embedded into stone. This time an Orcish Greatsword.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gargoyles can break out of their stony skin with enough force to create a small explosion (a skeleton several meters away is sent flying.

(Skyrim Prima, page 186)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At the giants camp Cradlecrush Rock, there is a massive boulder that had crushed multiple people.

The Skyrim Prima confirms that someone was crushed by one of these rocks, and calls them a 'fool.'
A monstrous giant makes its home near these large, ominous rocks. One rock has apparently crushed some poor, unfortunate soul-loot the fool's surviving knapsack, which lies near a skeletal foot, for additional valuables.
(Skyrim Prima, 883)
The Legends card Cradlecrush Giant features a giant violently destroying a wagon.
Most interestingly though is that on the bonfire is the remains of a painted cow (a reference to the Seven Fights of the Aldudagga).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From The Infernal City. At first, the Ingenium required the deaths of about 10 slaves and prisoners a day, but then he found another way; certain people had larger souls than others, and twelve of these people could keep Baar Dau up for longer.
As such, it's possible to find out just how much energy large black souls hold; ten a day are enough to have stopped a meteor from crashing and destroying Vvardenfall.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Three more books from the upcoming Gold Road expansion to ESO, which contain the biggest potential revelations in TES lore since The Truth in Sequence! These books are in regards to the Anticipations/Reclamations as well as Trinimac and the Magne-Ge, and to start with a big twist on Boethiah eating Trinimac...Boethiah never ate Trinimac; Boeathiah is Trinimac. She ate an imposter (Malacath) posing as Trinimac.
The Bladesongs of Boethra talks more of Boethiah (or Boethra, as the Khajiit know her) and her battles, such as her fight with Meridia, who is described as a fallen angel, and time seems to slow as she appears..
Merrunz (the Khajiiti version of Dagon) attacks the Lunar Lattice and shakes and cracks it.
Boethra is a quardian of the Lattice (as is Azura), and she sees both Dagon and the Rainbow Angel (Meridia) break through (IIRC, this was all referenced in the Dark Heart of Skyrim storyline too, but I didn't follow that one too closely).
Azura is said to have slain Vaermina (she got better), and is the only one whom Namiira fears. Noctra (Nocturnal) then uses the Skeleton Key given to her by Azurah and Boethra and uses it to unlock herself, blending herself with the night itself.
Azurah and Boethra then battle Merid-Nunda (Meridia, in both Khajiiti and as she was referred to when she was still a Magne-Ge), who's planing to plot a course through the Varliance Gate to many possible futures. Boethra is able to move just as fast as the light of Merid-Nunda which alters the flow of time. Not only that, but it directly references to time dialation effect of red shift. Boethra then cuts up Merid-Nunda, and Azurah throws these mirror pieces into the Void, so Merid-Nunda reflects on her colors and becomes trapped within them.
[QUOTE"The Bladesong of Boethra"]
They tore Merid-Nunda from the Prism, though shards of her remained behind, and they cast her down along the Crossing.

Merid-Nunda rose, wiping golden blood from her lips. She glanced around and saw that Dagon and Molagh were both gone, but there was no sign as to where. Behind her sang the Varliance Gate, a doorway that led to so many possible futures for her.

But before Merid could plot a course, Boethra strode forth with such speed as to not be counted in time. She had grown used to the red shift that altered time, and now Boethra was able to dance just as fast as the light that bent the waves.

In doing so, the precise cuts of Boethra divided Merid-Nunda unto all the shades and hues of light she embodied, all the mirror-pieces that forged her into being.

There Azurah saw her chance. She gathered up the mirror-pieces and threw them beyond the Crossing into the Void. But Azurah knew she could not leave it thus, so she bent the light just so that Merid-Nunda reflected upon her own colors and became trapped within them.
[/QUOTE]
As a footnote to this, even if this story isn't a literal truth, the fact that red shift and time dilation are referenced and known concepts in-universe

Boethra then finds herself atop White-Gold Tower during the Dragon Break of the Middle Dawn, and in Monkey Truth (a reference to Marukh the Monkey Emperor) the sorcerers on the Tower speak 'lies in a way that makes them true.' She is exiled by Akha to the Many Paths, where there isn't Akha (the Time Dragon) or any of Akha's aspects or children. During her exile, she wonders if she was ever the Daughter of Blades, or if it had been one long dream of someone she'd never known.
Boethra then ends up in a place with many spinning wheels (twelve), and she recognises the truth within the lies of the Imga's dance. She sees a flame-feathered serpent who's crystal scales, head of a hunting bird and a man that speaks against Mannish impurity in all the known worlds; and a serpent of the blackest scales which all the Void seemed to eminate from, and from its shifting scales new ideas born and die as soon as they appear. This seems to represent the clash of Sithis and Anui-El (or Padomay and Anu).
Boethra cuts through concepts at strange angles, and soon the world continues on in proper time.
The Bladesong of Beothra said:
Then she dashed forward, cutting concepts at strange angles, and soon after the world began to spin again in proper time.
Interestingly, twelve worlds is the same number given in The Annotated Anuad.
The third and final book, The Nine Coruscations, talks of nine of the Magne-Ge in a fragmented way. The Mnemo-Li is one known of before for a long time (and brought up mainly in meta-lore), who's connected with Dragon Breaks.
Sheza-Rana (Shezarine?) is connected to the period of calm after Dragon Breaks.
Londa-Vera is the Green Star, connected to Earth (the element of earth? Our planet?) and the Starry Heart, and after inspiration from many of the female et'ada, Londa-Vera was forged with a cry that echoed (down?) endless ages. She exists everywhere and nowhere as the feminine power of magic that allows the Mundus to exist despite the impossibility of it all.
Vilai-Sha was tasked with the most difficult mission of all, which may have been to burst through the firmament and scatter magicka across the newborn realm, and is associated with fire.
Unala-Se taught her sisters to brace themselves along the firmament and be unmoveable and undevourable against the unstars of the Serpent, and she and her sisters watched as the tragic tale of the prince of Lyg (Mehrunes Dagon?) unfurled and across the Realm.
Xero-Lyg (which has again been a very important concept in meta-lore, or at least Lyg has) is said to have fought alongside Lorkh(an) in the adjacent spaces (with further references to 'alternate worlds unto endless possibilities'), and how the King of Dreugh (Molag Bal) fell to Mehrunes, and (either or both of them) were forced on to the next kalpa. Xero-Lyg cataloged all the events (of unknown) through both time and untime, and 'found paths unseen to those among the stars.' Once she looked at the Wheel and saw it had no centre.
Merid-Nunda is the Magne Ge we all know most, she bore witness to the Crucible of Creationm and is capable of 'blinding the Dragon and bending his form.' She wishes for false-life to be abolished, and with the fire of new light the Mundus may be reforged.
Iana-Lor is said to be the First Daughter of Magnus, and rescues souls. By her will, the disks continue to whirl.
All three of these books harkon back to the classic OOG texts and metalore/deep lore in both concept and writing style. Upon first seeing them I wondered if they were written by Kirkbride himself (or Goodall). However, I then came to another realisation, that even if they weren't written by Kirkbride or Goodall or another of the old OOG text authors, and this was written by someone new, it means that the spirit of this lore still exists strong enough in current TES to continue on. They could have easily not have had these novels in the game (infact, not putting them in would have been easier than referencing everything in them, or even just writing them), but whoever wrote them went out of their way for them to be put in the games.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Nine Coruscations are mentioned already in another in-game book which has existed since the very start of ESO; the Exegesis of Merid-Nunda. Curiously, this book also references Herminia Cinna, an Imperial scholar on Aylieds who appeared in Oblivion and would not yet be born for centuries to come.
The UESP's lore page for Herminia Cinna suggests it's possible that the Aylied bookshelf in the Gandranen Ruins may have drawn books across time and space to it, which is possibly how it turned up in the 2nd Era.
Elder Scrolls Online said:
Tales say that Gandranen was built by an Ayleid sorcerer, a worshiper of Hermaeus Mora who so loved books that she created a series of magical halls that would attract books from across Tamriel, no matter where—or when—they were published.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Daggerfall Chronicle describes Aetherius as an alternate dimension.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Going back through my saved video clips to remake gifs that Imgur deleted in all their imaginary wisdom.

Alduin causes a large cave-in with his tremors.
Alduin alters the weather as he resurrects a fallen dragon (who bursts out of their dragon mound in a wave of boulders and dirt).
A giants ground pound will create a large explosion of dirt and rock.
A giants stomp will bring up a large dust cloud.
Large explosions caused by cannonfire at Japhet's Folly.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Soul Cairn contains at least two moons in it.

This is not the only cosmic phenomena of interest in this plane of Oblivion, the sky contains a swirling darkness, like a great eye gazing down.

The poor souls trapped in the Soul Cairn will sometimes comment on the sky, saying how it feels like they're being watched.
Trapped Soul: That sky... it feels like I'm being watched. Can't stand it anymore!
They will also comment on how the sky and the clouds are wrong.
Trapped Soul: The clouds, the sky... it's all wrong. Everything's wrong.
They will also comment on how they're 'always being watched.'
Trapped Soul: Shhh. They're watching us. Always watching.