The future for this place as a whole

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Masterblack on NF I think is studying coding, not 100% sure on it though.
If they know any PHP, that would be a bonus. I am currently at the end of my Software Development track at college so an extra helping hand as I transition into normal life again would be most wonderful. I'm thinking of custom add-on development in the future and possibly an actual blogging system like NF had before Mbxx upgraded with the blink of an eye.
Its more Game Design. Theres coding involved but not to the extent that I would be able to make custom things for websites. I will attempt to learn more coding stuff on my own time after I graduate though.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Its more Game Design. Theres coding involved but not to the extent that I would be able to make custom things for websites. I will attempt to learn more coding stuff on my own time after I graduate though
No sweat; hopefully we'll have a programming/coding section up here soon to discuss amongst fellow tech nerds!
So. How are you guys thinking of getting funding? On an account made solely for the website? If so I wouldn't mind pitching in when I have some funds to spare
We should be good for a while as I paid for a yearly package hehe. The forum at it's current state doesn't need a dedicated server seeing that we are relatively small atm and there's not a ton of concurrent users blasting the forum at the same time. Once I or any of you start to notice degradation in performance, that's when I'll have to look into getting a different setup.

I would love to use donations to pay for contest prizes such as gift cards and whatnot; not sure if anyone would like that and it will be rewarded across any topic or space that contests can held in so we leave no one out regardless of skill :)

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
A gofundme/crowd funded package can work, we just got to keep directing traffic from NF to here and see where it goes as the site's userbase and traffic increases.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
If we want growth, then we need to have an active presence on other social media. Something we never really got off the ground with nf due to bmx. What that presence is can be discussed. Could also do a cool thing and let prominent members take control of an account for a day to keep it fresh, though there would have to be quite a bit of trust there.
You've got my intrigue.

What do you mean by "taking control of account"? (and we gotta call it a whacky fun name now)

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
What do you mean by "taking control of account"? (and we gotta call it a whacky fun name now)
Essentially he means sharing login info for social accounts with trusted members to keep the medias updated.

Though, we can also rely on some bot work to automatically shoot over important announcements/statistics info to the medias.

Add those trusted folk to thee Site Contributor group or create a Social Media Team group?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Essentially he means sharing login info for social accounts with trusted members to keep the medias updated.

Though, we can also rely on some bot work to automatically shoot over important announcements/statistics info to the medias.

Add those trusted folk to thee Site Contributor group or create a Social Media Team group?
Oh, sure.

Put ‘em in the Social Media Team.

It’s something they have to be very diligent with and direct their entire attention to so things don’t wind up neglected and they don’t stretch themselves too thin (especially so soon.)

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
We probably need a thread where people can volunteer for Site contributor, SM stuff, and graphic designer, etc (though this requires a tad more experience than just complete beginner - unless someone is willing to learn underneath a skilled GFX designer, etc.)
:hm

Reactions: Ral

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
We probably need a thread where people can volunteer for Site contributor, SM stuff, and graphic designer, etc (though this requires a tad more experience than just complete beginner - unless someone is willing to learn underneath a skilled GFX designer, etc.)
:hm

Sounds like a plan. I like where this is going. And just in case nothing bad actually happens, lets keep this shit going.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m gonna have to find a reward/incentive system by itself for people who mass recruit :hm
We have a referral system: https://onelastforum.com/index.php?account/referrals

I would either have to figure out a way to create special shop item criteria to reward such recruitment efforts or at the very lease explore a system where we manually distribute shop items based on referral count.

I felt like we always needed a forum of our own for awhile now. Cause the OBD always was it's own separate entity from the rest of NF.

It's time for us to ball out no matter how long it takes
I'm in agreement with you here; Trin is actually driving this one while I help with the technical stuff and site maintenance. It won't stop me from shitposting though hahaha.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm also thinking about starting up a podcast for anyone that's down. Separate from OBD Brawl featuring members of our community sharing stories and talking about the history of VS debating.

We used to do a lot of shit back in our heydays. It's time to bring it back.
I also thought about doing late night podcasts once I was done with my bachelors (which is soon) and am able to focus on a small setup.

Edit: Depending on how it's perceived I can look into creating a custom add-on that allows users to add and manage podcast sources as well as categorize them in playlists.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
We have a referral system: https://onelastforum.com/index.php?account/referrals

I would either have to figure out a way to create special shop item criteria to reward such recruitment efforts or at the very lease explore a system where we manually distribute shop items based on referral count.

I'm in agreement with you here; Trin is actually driving this one while I help with the technical stuff and site maintenance. It won't stop me from shitposting though hahaha.
I mean extra special prizes to show my gratitude. What those prizes, I don’t have any idea. Some kind of way to give recognition for months (hopefully years) down the road.

But just giving away colored and styled usernames and specific forum perks should be fine, too.

Back