The future for this place as a whole

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I am glad you guys like the video tbh.
Screenshot_6_1.png

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
If we want growth, then we need to have an active presence on other social media. Something we never really got off the ground with nf due to bmx. What that presence is can be discussed. Could also do a cool thing and let prominent members take control of an account for a day to keep it fresh, though there would have to be quite a bit of trust there.

Well, we already have the Outskirts Battledome Youtube Channel, might as well branch out. Vs Debating is a big thing on the internet, but it doesn't have to be the only thing that we do. From graphics to streaming video games. Hell, we could probably end up making skits if we had the right equipment.

D

Deleted member 60

Unconfirmed
You've got my intrigue.

What do you mean by "taking control of account"? (and we gotta call it a whacky fun name now)
Essentially he means sharing login info for social accounts with trusted members to keep the medias updated.

Though, we can also rely on some bot work to automatically shoot over important announcements/statistics info to the medias.

Add those trusted folk to thee Site Contributor group or create a Social Media Team group?
Yeah, pretty much this.
This.

A social media presence seems like an obvious way to attract new members and something that could have really helped NF if it wasn't run by a potato.
Well we did flirt with the idea, but for some reason NF was blacklisted by Facebook so content wasn't really visible. Plus we never came up with a good consistent design to present ourselves mainly because bmx just shot us down on any decent logo.
Yeah Jackk was specifically made an advisor to help Xin and Naruto with that kind of stuff
Jackk has been off the radar for a while. No idea what happened to him.
Well, we already have the Outskirts Battledome Youtube Channel, might as well branch out. Vs Debating is a big thing on the internet, but it doesn't have to be the only thing that we do. From graphics to streaming video games. Hell, we could probably end up making skits if we had the right equipment.
Yeah, we can get very creative with what we output. Skits sound good (y)

Island

He hasn't been around for awhile, AFAIK.

He got burnt out a few years ago and his last post was him telling us that he was taking a break. He's not in any of the NF Discords I'm in, so he might have cut ties with the community altogether.

I could be wrong, though. I didn't know him well enough to talk to him outside of NF.

Well we did flirt with the idea, but for some reason NF was blacklisted by Facebook so content wasn't really visible. Plus we never came up with a good consistent design to present ourselves mainly because bmx just shot us down on any decent logo.
Ironically, the current NF logo isn't bad for something that's supposed to be Naruto-themed but not Naruto. It's not an especially good logo, but it ain't bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Ral

Island

The extended NF community is large enough that I'm sure there's somebody with a working knowledge of branding, marketing, and/or managing social media.

If the hurdle is making these accounts and making them look nice, the first step sounds like it'd be to find somebody like this, pick their brain, and maybe throw them some money to get everything setup for us.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yeah I just checked and Jackk hasn't posted in almost a year and half which sucks. And I don't have him as a contact on discord or in any of the groups I'm in.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
The extended NF community is large enough that I'm sure there's somebody with a working knowledge of branding, marketing, and/or managing social media.

If the hurdle is making these accounts and making them look nice, the first step sounds like it'd be to find somebody like this, pick their brain, and maybe throw them some money to get everything setup for us.
Hey Island, I’m adding you in as Advisor

The deal was previous staff added here would be given their respective positions (as I’m a woman of my word), but not many of them were intrigued by this (and some positions will be altered for specific reasons I’ll go into later)

(There’s some things that will change structurally compared to NF, of course)

D

Deleted member 60

Unconfirmed

Yeah, definitely this. Would be a lot better than us just winging it.

D

Deleted member 60

Unconfirmed
Oh, I actually have Jackk added on disc. I'll give him a ping but I don't expect him to answer.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Looks like this place is starting to build itself up at a reasonable pace.

Reactions: Ral

Rohan

I would suggest making the forum into a psuedo discord with a focus on forum games. This can net the forum a lot of post counts and views. This means:-

If you post, you get post counts, post count is not disabled anywhere.
Multiposting is allowed to reasonable limits just like in a discord.
Reach a certain post count, users get a username color and a banner through rank usergroups.
Users get money by posting which they can spend in shop to get upgrades.

Form gaming seems to be the trend on forums nowadays. Highest likes, highest post counts, highest user rank, the like.

Back