The [insert verse here] Deception thread

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
basically we keep on finding out a lot of series were overhyped and wanked throughout the years

so I figured why not make a thread to catalogue those and address where they should be
also gives anyone who is a fan of those series, a chance to argue in favor of their verse

some recent examples

The Genis Deception

lol

Last edited:

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I would say Trigon, but that's just pure tomfoolery and isn't something anyone should be fooled into believing.

Rev97

Illustrious
What about Tenchi Muyo got debunked?

Don’t know much of the series myself outside watching that GXP spin-off a while ago but not the main series

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
What about Tenchi Muyo got debunked?

Don’t know much of the series myself outside watching that GXP spin-off a while ago but not the main series
idk if it was so much here as on other sites, Blade mentioned it being wanked to omniversal levels or whatever, this could've just been in really old threads

it's still a very powerful series regardless

Rev97

Illustrious
On-topic: Worm: Contessa and her Path to Victory has been so thoroughly discredited that the character is reduced to a meme these days.

Fate Extra CCC was wanked a few years back with characters like BB being argued as universe busters with infinite stats until it got properly translated.

Light Speed Overlord was also a common argument on several sites until again, the series was translated and the verse turned out to be barely Supersonic

MCU was wanked pretty hard for a time too.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
On-topic: Worm: Contessa and her Path to Victory has been so thoroughly discredited that the character is reduced to a meme these days.
NOt just contessa but Scion and his stilling as well
Had one dude say that stilling would destroy the speedforce at one point in time

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
upcoming deceptions - the elric deception, chariot level elric is the canon version
- the tf verse deception - they are galaxy level at best
- the mcu deception - mcu quicksilver is mach 1 and the avengers are barely mach 2
- the dbz deception - they are star level at best, cuz nobody showed better dc than the likes of namek freeza
- the seiya deception - galaxian explosion is roof level and seiya's speed is supersonic at best
- the nasuverse deception - they are gameplay+ levels
- the naruto deception - guns > ninjas
- the bleach deception - multi ink level and mach 29 is their true levels

:mjlol :mjlol

Rev97

Illustrious
I miss back when Comicvine actually had decent debates. After the Fate Extra CCC Deception there and general VBW fuckery took over and showed how much people could get away with, a combination of that and the mods doing fuck all to manage it had all the good debaters leave it one by one and trolls overrunning it.

Trolls and toxic wankers/downplayers are all that run the site these days

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
CV is kind of funny because it actually has posters interested in a wide variety of series, if everyone on it wasnt so fucking insane it woupd be probably the best site for vs shit in terms of size and interest

but the userbase is literally insane

the ccc wank is still strong on comicvine but nobody but FEP has ever pushed it in the obd thankfully

he gave us such classic threads as
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/fate-strange-vs-gilgamesh-emiya.1176220/

And it's getting replaced by something even more stupid:

Meet someone trying to make Outerversal Void Shiki Ryougi a thing despite it making zero sense canonically and goes against everything Kinoko Nasu ever put up in the past or recently about the 3rd personality of Shiki Ryougi.
That and making the overall KnK/Tsukihime series far above Servants despite again Nasu never stating or showing off as such once.

Although to get onto another Deception that must be done:

The RWBY Deception:
While only SB ever pushes RWBY this hard... ever, BOY do they ever push it to levels that can only make sense in their minds and brains.
It's basically the CV equivalent of CCC Gilgamesh and Outerversal Shiki Ryougi.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
upcoming deceptions - the elric deception, chariot level elric is the canon version
- the tf verse deception - they are galaxy level at best
- the mcu deception - mcu quicksilver is mach 1 and the avengers are barely mach 2
- the dbz deception - they are star level at best, cuz nobody showed better dc than the likes of namek freeza
- the seiya deception - galaxian explosion is roof level and seiya's speed is supersonic at best
- the nasuverse deception - they are gameplay+ levels
- the naruto deception - guns > ninjas
- the bleach deception - multi ink level and mach 29 is their true levels

:mjlol :mjlol

You forgot Window level Kuuga

EDIT:

this remains the hallmark of truth, the entire HST is mach 4 at best

Back