The [insert verse here] Deception thread

Rev97

Illustrious
Dies Irae was a bit of a Deception back when that garbage ass VN was untranslated.

It lived up to to its Multiversal hype end game but everything else was wanked to oblivion beforehand. Take away the end game shenanigans and the verse is pretty piss-weak

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Dies Irae was a bit of a Deception back when that garbage ass VN was untranslated.

It lived up to to its Multiversal hype end game but everything else was wanked to oblivion beforehand. Take away the end game shenanigans and the verse is pretty piss-weak
from what I've seen it's overhyped as hell on other sites

the obd guys who pushed were it were fans for a long time, a decade at least and they've never pegged it beyond multiversal

vsb and cv love to put it up against stuff like marvel despite the feats just not being there

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
You forgot Window level Kuuga

thanks for the pass :mjlol

- the kr deception: windows level kuuga and fte clock up
- the power rangers deception: sub building levels
- the final fantasy deception: most of them are cinematics level+
- the srw deception: they are a bit stronger than gundam seed destiny levels
- the bionicle deception: toys aren't allowed to have feats level+

:mjlol

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Demonbane for basically the same reason due to having a questionable translation spread all over forums which ended up turning to be not quite correct
oh yeah that's one that plagued obd for a while too

you even showed me a scan where they don't even reach multiversal+ :mjlol

so

STTGL and Shin Mazinger steps on him basically

Rev97

Illustrious
from what I've seen it's overhyped as hell on other sites

the obd guys who pushed were it were fans for a long time, a decade at least and they've never pegged it beyond multiversal

vsb and cv love to put it up against stuff like marvel despite the feats just not being there
Cant tell you how many times I had to speed read through the cringe writing. The fact that it’s a shit-canned franchise we won’t likely be getting any further translations for saves me the trouble of re-reading anything else.

Rev97

Illustrious
Feats from what I remember reading, feats were fine. Even if a good amount of statements and hyperbole was relied on.

My two biggest complaints going through what I did:

Main villain doesn’t STFU with his endless monologues. They couldn’t pick a more monotone and annoying voice actor too.

Villains having backstories so fucked up and tryhard edgy, it’s almost comical. The highlight being that one nazi who got his balls cut off because his mum wanted a girl, sold off as a prostitute, and than raped by their own dad through their eye socket. All as a kid. Like, who writes this shit?

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
You forgot Window level Kuuga

EDIT:

this remains the hallmark of truth, the entire HST is mach 4 at best

Mind you the user who made that thread came from Moviecodec

That year alone and that poster gave everything away :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
oh yeah there was a minor xenogears deception lol
https://onelastforum.com/threads/unicron-vs-xenogear.361/

xenogears still strong as fuck just not like Elric level or something
Feats from what I remember reading, feats were fine. Even if a good amount of statements and hyperbole was relied on.

Main villain doesn’t STFU with his endless monologues. They couldn’t pick a more monotone and annoying voice actor too.

Villains having backstories so fucked up and tryhard edgy, it’s almost comical. The highlight being that one nazi who got his balls cut off because his mum wanted a girl, sold off as a prostitute, and than raped by their own dad through their eye socket. All as a kid. Like, who writes this shit?
:lolwat
wtf is this

Now I know this dude is shitposting/just trying to get brownie point because the VA casting is like the one thing DI actually has going for it :hestonpls

Basically.

And did we forget to mention Tensura?
Because I think we forgot to mention Tensura(Reincarnation to a Slime):

Overlord also has... well, shit like this:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I miss back when Comicvine actually had decent debates. After the Fate Extra CCC Deception there and general VBW fuckery took over and showed how much people could get away with, a combination of that and the mods doing fuck all to manage it had all the good debaters leave it one by one and trolls overrunning it.

Trolls and toxic wankers/downplayers are all that run the site these days
That is true folks are too hungry for power levels

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Villains having backstories so fucked up and tryhard edgy, it’s almost comical. The highlight being that one nazi who got his balls cut off because his mum wanted a girl, sold off as a prostitute, and than raped by their own dad through their eye socket
. All as a kid. Like, who writes this shit?
:jaeden

Back