The Official NF Nostalgia Thread

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Remember StopTazmo?

Let’s begin this discussion with:

-Your favorite memory (or plural, if you prefer)

-Your least favorite memory

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Favorite memories:

- Pretty much most of anything Zaru or Shodai said or posted in the Blender or just in general, plain funniest guys to be around
- Also Susano-O's and others doing jokesubs that inspired me, lot of great stuff; encapsulated posters genuine feelings in a comedic format around major events like KY's meltdown, Jetstorm's repslashing like half of the entire Member FC section posters, trolling Jess-kun, etc...

Worst memories:
- OBD vs Staff 2011 - 2019

What a hell

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Favorite Memories -> When that one gay dude had that Alley precursor section for a month whose members then started the newer CB era.

Worst memories -> Day I changed my name to Nep Nep.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yeessssss that dude. Damn man do you remember that temp section name too?
Bioness' Outlet

He was a turbo sperglord, I don't think anyone actually LIKED Bioness at all; in the Cafe, in the Blender, in the Chatterbox, in the OBD, he was a tard through and through

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Bioness' Outlet

He was a turbo sperglord, I don't think anyone actually LIKED Bioness at all; in the Cafe, in the Blender, in the Chatterbox, in the OBD, he was a tard through and through

The outlet yep.

And yeah I'd heard that about him, the people in the outlet were really cool and fun though.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon

I mean look at this

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator

I mean look at this

It amazes me how that section ended up so great with such a vague and bland premise. The members of NF can literally make anything great.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
The Outlet I was pretty fond of, as a whole. It had more highpoints than lowpoints.

The biggest issue with the Kami-era sections was that it didn’t value creativity as much as it should have in order to prop the section up like the Alley or Blender.
Sections like the Chatterbox and Outlet didn’t really have anything to pride themselves on. They were just there, memorable and occasionally enjoyable.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Also, my favorite memories (I'll list more as time goes on and I think of shit):

Positive:
(This is all pretty much common knowledge, but with a few select details I distinctly remember.)
Xiammes account getting hacked and the staff having a complete meltdown over it. It later was revealed by the man himself that his password was 'iam1man'. I shit you not.
So I made so, so many goddamn 'he's only one man, guys" if people started being hard on him. We teased the ever living shit out of him. It was amazing. I mean, it wasn't cool that the hacker wound up banning like maybe a hundred accounts. But BOY did it provide much needed entertainment.
Box in HR being like, "Jammies, change your goddamn password."
And people discussing it, like, how fucking absolutely ridiculous and boned he was for getting hacked in the first place. My numerous puns. Staff laughing. Some staff getting fucking mad paranoid (rightfully so). Blue coming in with his rare appearance being all, "I haven't changed my password in like 60 years. I'm sure it's fine."
Jammies feeling so gut-wrenched over it but also finding the humor in it and laughing along. God, that was some good shit, my dudes. Good shit.

Negative:
Probably just the more stressful times on the forum in general. It isn't my absolutely least favorite, but Owl flipping his shit on me because I banned him. I later unbanned him because he was too obstinate to just make a thread in SCR after being asked multiple times over the years because he was looking to be reprimanded in order to victimize himself. His constant demeaning remarks were very, very annoying.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Positive:

Back in summer or fall of 2007 or 2008, Vegeta who still had his full admin perks and what not mod-fucked my account when I was going by either Dariush or Ryuuken and changed my username and profile to SWAT KATS, gave me like 30,000,000,000 rep, a custom rep rank, and let me go to town randomly negging Chatterboxers and Plaza regulars across NF. He also mod-fucked T-Chan, Nudeshroom/Cara, and either Empress or Ninamori into having similar insane rep power and the full day that lasted had the HR flooded with like hundreds of times the normal daily reports complaining about being negged, revenge negged, trolled, or flame-baited while Vegeta laughed the entire time.

Negative:

After the summer season of 2007, that was when I was more or less permanently crippled until 2018 or 2019 from ever being considered a NF mod. Harlita, who was one of the main super-mods, was already fast friends with me and others in the Golden Byakugam FC. Now GB was more or less a joke/shitposting Naruto themed fan-club that was based around shitting on Uchiha fans and made or founded by Andolivera, whose crackpot insane pro-Hyuuga theories of a super Byakugan were rejected on various Naruto themed forums and message-boards, both in English and in Spanish or Portuguese. Pretty much due to my association with trolling and shitposting in the Konoha Library and Telegrams sections, being an incredibly aggressive debater in the Konoha Battledome and later issues in the OBD was when my mod recommendation application by Harlita was denied who had been grooming me to take over in the Fanclub Section. This was also when I kept getting more of an attitude due to increasing hostility from old mods like Haterade, Id, Esponer, EvilMoogle, Spy_Smasher, Distracted, Tax-Man, Mad_Titan/Riceball.

The flip side of this is that it did also drive me tighter into both the communities in the Blender and OBD.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Do you think you would have been able to hold your tongue toward members who you were on bad terms with if you were modded despite your agressive history?

And answer honestly, really think about this. God knows I didn’t hold my tongue at times when I should have.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Do you think you would have been able to hold your tongue toward members who you were on bad terms with if you were modded despite your agressive history?
Honestly I want to say yes. Remember peak NF was such a massive site that getting into being a mod/admin was like being elevated to the most secret exclusive club around. If I remember right, most of the people that caused mods to crackdown on us were those in the KL and NBD, so generally speaking most of the time I was fine when I stopped going to those places.

And if it had happened, I'd just ignore said posters or other staff I'd have issues with.

I remember that both Greed and Willy, former OBD mods, did not like each other and argued so much in the old OBD convo threads and in HR that Blue had to permanently separate them. So I think I could.

Last edited:
Back