• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Rosencreutz was forced back inside the hospital.

It wasn't a mysterious barrier or a never-before-seen ultimate attack spell.

It was no more than a 45cm piece of plastic.

An isosceles triangle flew just outside the window. It was a Snakehead drone and it wasn't alone. A large group of them flew together like a flock of starlings or bats. The writhing mass of machines looked like a black serpent flying through the sky.

These were by no means elite crafts. All they did was locate their target, ignite their solid fuel, tackle their target at high speed, and detonate their internal explosives.

But they had still stopped Rosencreutz's escape.

These were only mass-produced weapons, but CRC was only human. If he didn't respond in some way, his body would be obliterated and he would lose his life. This wasn't a decisive blow, but it still forced him to respond, limiting his options.
Is there some context missing here? :rock

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Wait, are you saying Misaka 5.3 scales to Dragon King Touma? 🤨
No, but I say that the statement of those other weaker dragons like the ice dragon if scale, even makes you wonder why Touma makes a comparison of when he used it against Misaka and not when he used it against Fiamma, so most likely that Misaka is stronger than we thought (obviously it is not a top tier, but perhaps it is not so far from the archangels).

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
No, but I say that the statement of those other weaker dragons like the ice dragon if scale, even makes you wonder why Touma makes a comparison of when he used it against Misaka and not when he used it against Fiamma, so most likely that Misaka is stronger than we thought (obviously it is not a top tier, but perhaps it is not so far from the archangels).
And Archangels scale to the Dainsleif calamities, which in turn scale to Othinus :mjpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Space itself vibrated.
Christian Rosencreutz looked to the space around him instead of at Aleister.
Everything looked the same.
“Did you shift the phase?” asked CRC, amused.
“Is that so surprising? Even Mathers and his lot played with the phases. They would use astral projection to spy on other phases or extract power from those other phases and give them temporary mass.
…It all created so many unnecessary sparks and innocent people had to pay the price.
”This was already another world.
The golden retriever standing by his side was eternally cut off from him.
Now two magicians this powerful could directly clash without any fear of the hospital collapsing or the working doctors and immobilized patients coming to harm.
“I am the fool who attempted to suppress the creation of sparks by creating a new mythology as cushioning between the many phases. Unfortunately, it didn’t work because the Christian church wanted to protect their monopoly on the concept of god and sent their billions of followers against me. But since the theory itself was sound, I can at least spirit someone away.”

- Phase manipulation barely helping against Fake!CRC

Magic God bros... we got too cocky?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm... 99% sure that's outright been said before :rock
Not really all that's said on the matter was that there are phases for every myth and legend, honestly I thought it meant that the myths and legends in toaru originate from phases and sparks, not the other way around.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
image.png

:char

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The Transcendents being able to beat Magic Gods is bullshit, even before the majority were exposed as in-series frauds, their methods of beating them only did so in a theoretical sense like Aradia being able to stack up her magic enough.

@Astaro Isn't that stuff separate from them using Risk 4 or am I misremembering things?

I'd argue that, at the very least, Alice is genuinely Othinus level, if not greater.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro Isn't that stuff separate from them using Risk 4 or am I misremembering things?

I'd argue that, at the very least, Alice is genuinely Othinus level, if not greater.
Aradia used it and still got beat by Touma.

Alice I’m fine with arguing she’s at or around Othinus level at least

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Using Touma as an anti-feat doesn't mean much, to be fair :mjpls

Besides, wouldn't Risk 4's stat buff be nullified by Imagine Breaker anyway?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Not going to lie. Kanzaki actually has the coolest Ultimate here. I guess Accelerator’s Clonoth would have been too hard to interpret

Back