• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not by Aleister,

They were ready to throw down with him a second time even after infinitely dividing their power too and Aleister had to play dirty to win even after their nerf

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
GT Aleister >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NT Aleister

they can be ready to throw down all they want, but they were never treated as a threat to him at that point

fiamma

Notorious
about bbc & Anna

And Anna Sprengel is indeed a special Transcendent distinct from other BBCs, just like Alice, as of GT10.

Since the abilities of regular BBCs originate from and are linked to Alice, it's absolutely impossible for them to even scratch her.

As a countermeasure to that, Kingsford comes up with the idea of making Anna Sprengel another pinnacle of the Transcendents.

And she persuades Anna Sprengel to summon and amplify Aiwass, and with the help of her magic, awakens her as the new pinnacle of the Transcendents.

With this, Kamijou's side of Transcendents, having gained a new focal point in Anna Sprengel, defeat Alice's side of Transcendents, and Trismegistus also succeeds in bypassing Alice, whose attacks were ineffective until then, by utilizing this.

In other words, in the current situation of GT10, Alice and Anna are clearly classified as powerhouses on a different level from other BBCs.

Oh, and Othinus only killed Fake Alice, you say?

What kind of nonsense is this again?

Alice Pleasance Liddell is the real Alice, and while the personality of Alice that we've seen so far is indeed an idealized personality she created, the abilities are undoubtedly real.

In fact, the description of Alice being equal to Othinus appears identically both when fighting as Alice Pleasance Liddell and when she distorted the school using the bridge.

Just because her personality is hidden doesn't mean her abilities are weakened or anything like that at all.

I wonder where this misinformation spread from as well?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
GT Aleister >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NT Aleister

they can be ready to throw down all they want, but they were never treated as a threat to him at that point
Yeah, after he sabotaged their nerf spell to make them even weaker and stripping them of nearly all their special powers

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Nope, you and I both know he killed Zombie before he hijacked the spell

either with Aiwass, or the A.A.A. (which amplifies his magic even further)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nope, you and I both know he killed Zombie before he hijacked the spell
With the AAA at least, and likely the first victim to try out the nerf spell on first and killing them quickly to prevent them from undoing the nerf for themselves and the others.

We know later on in the Coronzon fight that Aleister cannot defeat even the nerfed Magic Gods on their own

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
With the AAA at least, and likely the first victim to try out the nerf spell on first and killing them quickly to prevent them from undoing the nerf for themselves and the others.

We know later on in the Coronzon fight that Aleister cannot defeat even the nerfed Magic Gods on their own
Again, you and I both know it's specifically noted that for Aleister to have hijacked the spell, he'd have to kill Zombie first before he does that

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
GT Aleister being remotely relevant against JVA >>>> anything NT Aleister does

that's my main point

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
about bbc & Anna

And Anna Sprengel is indeed a special Transcendent distinct from other BBCs, just like Alice, as of GT10.

Since the abilities of regular BBCs originate from and are linked to Alice, it's absolutely impossible for them to even scratch her.

As a countermeasure to that, Kingsford comes up with the idea of making Anna Sprengel another pinnacle of the Transcendents.

And she persuades Anna Sprengel to summon and amplify Aiwass, and with the help of her magic, awakens her as the new pinnacle of the Transcendents.

With this, Kamijou's side of Transcendents, having gained a new focal point in Anna Sprengel, defeat Alice's side of Transcendents, and Trismegistus also succeeds in bypassing Alice, whose attacks were ineffective until then, by utilizing this.

In other words, in the current situation of GT10, Alice and Anna are clearly classified as powerhouses on a different level from other BBCs.

Oh, and Othinus only killed Fake Alice, you say?

What kind of nonsense is this again?

Alice Pleasance Liddell is the real Alice, and while the personality of Alice that we've seen so far is indeed an idealized personality she created, the abilities are undoubtedly real.

In fact, the description of Alice being equal to Othinus appears identically both when fighting as Alice Pleasance Liddell and when she distorted the school using the bridge.

Just because her personality is hidden doesn't mean her abilities are weakened or anything like that at all.

I wonder where this misinformation spread from as well?
Othinus isn't literally equal to Alice when we have numerous statements otherwise that contradict this idea.

Cut it out.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You need to cut out your repeated headcanon that no one here agrees with you on but yourself

fiamma

Notorious
Not by Aleister,

They were ready to throw down with him a second time even after infinitely dividing their power too and Aleister had to play dirty to win even after their nerf

Even in a situation with only the Blasting Rod, it's normal for Aleister to have difficulty dealing with even a single MGS weakened by two stages with his original specs alone. This is something he himself says.

No matter how much of an Aleister Crowley he was, it seemed unlikely he could defeat a member of the "MGS" without the support of A.A.A. or borrowing the power of the archangel Aiwass. Using only the "Blasting Rod" that increases the power of magic tenfold according to the target's thoughts was still too harsh. Even if there was a theoretical possibility of landing a cross-counter, if he didn't have the leeway to discern when actually using it, it would be no different from being limited to only using scissors in rock-paper-scissors. This couldn't be overturned even when moving together with the "original" transformed grimoire, the Black Cat Witch Mina Mathers. The only exception was Lilith, who had no original sin, but the infant's soul wasn't actually consumed and was here.

In other words, even if he used a spell with ten times the energy of the Big Bang used in NT19, he was in such a harsh situation that he couldn't guarantee his chances of winning.

Is the Aleister of GT stronger than the Aleister of NT?
Of course, because he crossed the abyss.

But you seem to have forgotten that Kingsford, whom even such an Aleister said he could never defeat, was very easily killed by the CRC, and that Kingsford himself could never defeat Alice.

And it continues to be stated in the latest volume that Alice, who is at the pinnacle, is comparable to the MGS.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Even in a situation with only the Blasting Rod, it's normal for Aleister to have difficulty dealing with even a single MGS weakened by two stages with his original specs alone. This is something he himself says.

No matter how much of an Aleister Crowley he was, it seemed unlikely he could defeat a member of the "MGS" without the support of A.A.A. or borrowing the power of the archangel Aiwass. Using only the "Blasting Rod" that increases the power of magic tenfold according to the target's thoughts was still too harsh. Even if there was a theoretical possibility of landing a cross-counter, if he didn't have the leeway to discern when actually using it, it would be no different from being limited to only using scissors in rock-paper-scissors. This couldn't be overturned even when moving together with the "original" transformed grimoire, the Black Cat Witch Mina Mathers. The only exception was Lilith, who had no original sin, but the infant's soul wasn't actually consumed and was here.

In other words, even if he used a spell with ten times the energy of the Big Bang used in NT19, he was in such a harsh situation that he couldn't guarantee his chances of winning.

But you seem to have forgotten that Kingsford, whom even such an Aleister said he could never defeat, was very easily killed by the CRC, and that Kingsford himself could never defeat Alice.

And it continues to be stated in the latest volume that Alice, who is at the pinnacle, is comparable to the MGS.

So you're ignoring every other statement for Anna Sprengel that exists (both by the narration and several characters), who Kingsford treats as fodder.

Good to know.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Like, make it make sense.

JVA fights on the same level as Dragon King Touma, who's just using a stronger form of the Invisible Thing in NT22 that one shot the Queen Brittania's barrier, which would require a full power Magic God level attack to break through.

And you're saying Alice, who's above him, is only Othinus tier, based on a quote that only exists to establish a sense of scale rather than claim literal parity between two characters.

lol.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah and on paper it makes no sense lol

After the hijacking spell they're practically neutered, they shouldn't even remotely be a threat to him
proceeds to only beat a nerfed Niang-Niang sandbagging the fight and the narration saying it’s unlikely he’d win otherwise

blah blah blah I can't handle differing opinions
Not when their shit opinions you always feel the need to repeat

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Only thing I will say to this, Kingsford was doing just fine against CRC. CRC got her by playing dirty and reanimating Alice’s corpse in secret to attack her while she was occupied with him:

I always found it odd though how Kingsford got taken out by an injury even Othinus would have easily shrugged off and healed from

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
gee I can't believe the HUMAN magician with god level MAGIC got hurt by an attack

it's almost like that's part of the fight dynamics in this series or something

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
proceeds to only beat a nerfed Niang-Niang sandbagging the fight and the narration saying it’s unlikely he’d win otherwise

Not when their shit opinions you always feel the need to repeat
which again, makes no sense on paper

exponential growth is broken

Back