• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Obviously Magic has given town reads but I think he's holding out on the good shit, and he's implying I should be town reading him for sharing reads on certain players, after informing him of why I'm reading him and how that's totally irrelevant (and he agreed with me)

Is the point of the Aurelian wagon to get him to say something of substance
I don't think it will do that, and I expect he will continue to be nonchalant regardless.

Is it worth just lynching him to clear that role?
I'm not opposed to the idea but I'd rather vote on someone with more to go off of

I also kinda want to be a vindictive little shit and vote magic for pestering me so much, but I should probably exercise some restraint there lol

If someone can explain why pressuring Aurelian is a good idea, I'd be down to jump on that wagon.

I need to read more of magic, ratchet and melkor's posts since those are the points of controversy, I guess

MangoSenpai

King of Conquerors

Can you explain to me what you think of Gram?
I believe I've mentioned it several times already; He came in with the most lukewarm posts imaginable, and most of his posts since haven't really changed much in that regard.
While tonally he seems okay, I'm not willing to give Gram a free pass for that alone. He's a strong player, and his approach can only be described as soft.
Hmm, I don’t really agree with the bolded - I’m on my phone so getting quotes going to be a nightmare, but my takeaway from that conversation wasnt that he was saying it couldn’t match at all, more looking to expose the fault in the positions taken (mango is quick to accuse Melkor of buddying but turns a blind eye to you, on the basis that your position is directly favourable to him)

As for the rest, the lawyering conversation you’re plain flat out wrong about. Mango clearly felt you were defending him, which is what magic correctly picked him up on. You interjected and say you’re not defending mango, you’re attacking magic - but it wasn’t about what you were doing, only mangos faulty perception of it. I’d urge you to reconsider your position on that
Well, no. What does a lawyer do? They talk your case, it is not exclusively for defense.
I know I already cleared up that point.
Ratchet conveyed my thoughts pretty well, hence he was lawyering.
Mango looking a little worse with those double posts soft defending Aurelian

Moving him from town to slight town
So voicing a shadow of doubt on Aur when he's playing like a jester?
Sure, if that's what you mean then yeah, but I believe it is a reasonable doubt to have. Is scum!Aurelian make it that easy?
Okay, so I'm not the only one then. Mango also clearly tried to backtrack from this stance later then.

I'm not crazy.
Non, Gad, stop it. I've not backtracked anything, you all have put words in my mouth

Magic

Resplendent
Obviously Magic has given town reads but I think he's holding out on the good shit, and he's implying I should be town reading him for sharing reads on certain players, after informing him of why I'm reading him and how that's totally irrelevant (and he agreed with me)
im not withholding town reads, im withholding justification. i already told you the correct play was to see if i ever switched position on these players without reason then divulge into why opposed to asking if i have reasons then acting as if withholding is scummy. you haven't even told me why it's scummy yet, youre just insisting it is.

i also stated that it isn't irrelevant. if youre trying to find if my town reads are bullshit based on the reasoning being given then comparing how you arrived at your own overlapped town reads vs how i did should give you some indication if im giving bullshit reasons to town read people. you haven't even discussed any of the reasoning ive given, youre ignoring that.

You haven't given me anything I asked for!
i have you half of what you asked for as well as having given the most thoughts and provided the most discussion in the thread. youre asking me to give you reads i dont want to divulge and youre again making that out to be scummy without saying why. i dont want to give a stance on gad because i want to see how gad progresses. youre acting as if this some sort of scum behaviour without any real rational behind it.

Sigismund

can you iso dr watson for me and tell me your thoughts
At work still so will do in a little while if I remember and am still ... Well not sober but not drunk enough to forget and Fuck off to play Warthunder or Enlisted

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
are you gonna share with the class
no

after game I can if it really bugs you

Kind of defeats the purpose of me finding you as town tho

Basically I think vouching for your town reads at the very beginning is your biggest town tell

You just do it right off the bat without really second guessing anything (well maybe, idk, I'm assuming as that is what it comes across as)

no hesitancy involved compared to you going out of your roundabout way of clearing scummates as town/agenda setting. As scum I think you build up to clearing people more gradually with more wiggle room and less of a definitive stance

Magic

Resplendent
ultra if im reading it correctly your main suspicions are gad, melkor, myself which is kind of weak m8.

you wanna touch base on the gad scum range you referred to and your own reasons for your town reads on watson/luka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back