• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Tower of God Mafia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Can you claim so we can move on from your wagon.

You can't just pile this onto gram when you have the biggest wagon for the reasons of doing nothing
I will not claim for better or worse, the hour of my daily shitposting has passed but I will be less shitposty if it makes you happy

Rugrat

Caldust
Even if we just look at the best case scenario is he’s being lazy, obnoxious town that will probably cost us later. In that scenario, we can get a claim so we know where to direct him.

Obviously the other possibility is he’s scum and so wagoning him makes sense. In full disclosure I’ve not read the back and forth between you and Ultra as I have been out and so on my phone intermittently to play
See above
@Rugrat what’s your take on this? You’re usually the voice of the misbegotten in these games?

Polar Bear

G.O.A.T
I'm going to just toss some of my thoughts out here in an unorganized fashion and pull up quotes later when I get home on PC

[Vote lynch Magic]

Found myself mostly nodding along with Ratchet in their exchange. I think Magic kind of falls flat on his face here with his entrance and I think what I'm seeing here is an element of his play that's one of his few weaknesses as scum - he says things that sound mostly coherent but when you scrutinize them a bit more it doesn't really make sense what he's talking about or why.

Just reading the first couple of pages of the exchange between him and Ratchet I get the feeling Magic misses the nuance of very obvious points quite a few times in a way he wouldn't normally do as town, in particular he tries to leverage some sort of pocketing accusation towards Ratchet that felt more like he was working backwards from that conclusion more than anything else. This is something I caught from him a couple of times during Hades and I regret not holding him to what he was saying a bit more. He draws some sort of gotchya here between positions on Melkor and Mango that really aren't incompatible at all

I don't really think it's like him at all to get into the weeds over arguments like this without stepping back and asking himself what the bigger picture is, and notably absent from this exchange is does he actually think the read on Lord Melkor is valid and if he's overextending himself at all here and he doesn't at all.

I got Watson/Mango/Luka/Ratchet penciled in as town.

Not a big fan of Lord Melkor's posts in particular the way they handled Luka's suspicion of them, which as far as I could tell was to give them a town read for no reason after previously implying their behavior was scummy. But I don't think he's likely to be aligned with Magic

Gad also seems well within his scum range, find it kinda weird nobody is trying to kill him

I also forgot to mention, this feels a little disingenuous, we just came off last game where Ratchet came in and dropped CP like a sack of potatoes on entrance, I think his threshold (and mine for that matter) to go after "Tier 1" players is quite flexible. Not like you/Gram where you'll rule out somebody because of their hypothetical input or whatever

The thing about telling Mango to be wary of Ratchet is while it isn't untrue, I think you know what you're doing by establishing it, it plants the seed of him acting as puppetmaster. I also think it's a little premature, don't think Mango discounted the possibility that Ratchet could be pocketing him either.

As far as sharing town reads goes, no, you're quite generous with them and are capable of recognizing situationally who is likely to be pushed and who's not. I'm more inclined to give you credit when you take people off the table that I would consider town with greater mislynch potential.

@Magic ⬆️

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I have never ever seen you act quite like this, I'm afraid you're about to write a manifesto
This is fairly amusing given you have repeatedly made yourself out to be the Ted Kaczysnki of the mafia section :forizzle

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Ratchet: Polar Bear > Magic
Aurelian: Ratchet
Ichigo: Luka > Prof
Lord Melkor: Luka > Ruffles > Cubey
Luka: Luka > Lord Melkor
Mango: Ratchet > Ruffles > Aurelian
Magic: Ruffles > Aurelian
Polar Bear: Ichigo > Aurelian
Missingno: Watson
Gad: Reloaded
Gram: Ichigo > Aurelian
Rugrat: Gram >

Aurelian: 4
Watson/Lord Melkor/Reloaded/Prof/Ratchet/Magic/Cubey: 1

With 26 alive it‘s 14 to lynch.

@Grammaton what is the count and why are you allowing Aurelian to tell me to lynch you and you do nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back