grillmaster

Paramount
I uh maybe will edit this to add more calcs by series
as well as maybe just basic character stats if there is nothing else
please note this list is super short and thus isnt final
as an example in the Sunbow section i put a calc i already did a while ago
Marvel G1
bear with me im about to do MATH
when the war starts in the original TF comics, the Decepticons attack all at once with such devastating power that they not only kill BILLIONS of Autobots, but they derail Cybertron out of orbit, and send it hurtling through space
Cybertron is a massive planet, said to be the size of saturn, and we know the distance from alpha centauri to earth, as well as the time it took to cross that distance, 1,000 years
4 light years = 2.35145e+13 miles
its moving 2,684,303.6 miles per hour, a planet
depending on the mass of cybertron, the energy to move it this fast is insane, so for a lowball i'll use earth mass vs the mass of saturn, since humans can walk on the surface, but cybertron probably isnt the density of a gas giant, idk which is more accurate so dont take any of this as gospel
Earth mass: 4.3026562125761E+36 J
Saturn mass: 4.0918361380104E+38 J
so i guess this is what the Decepticons were capable of as an entire army at the beginning of the war, they could get considerably more powerful than this

Results:
Earth Mass: 4.3026562125761E+36 J
Saturn Mass: 4.0918361380104E+38 J

Sunbow G1
Possible speed feat as well as range for the Matrix

It is confirmed through this episode that the Hate Plague has taken over the entire galaxy

Whe time we see the matrix used in total is from 19:15 to 19:59, a time of about 43 seconds
While we sadly dont get any shots of it spreading beyond earth, knowing the whole galaxy is infected is an insane speed and range feat, as the milky way spans 100,000 light years in total
Using the distance and time i have found the energies of the matrix travelled at a minimum of 73,389,769,700 C (Massively FTL)

Results:
Matrix of Leadership Speed: 73,389,769,700 C (Massively FTL)
Misc.

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Not calcs that I did (I can't count) but going to link a few that have come up fairly often

Let's just assume observable universe sized, 93 billion light years

that * 1 decillion/1 femtosecond = 2.93479412e66c
2.93 x 10^66th power times ftl
Or 8.78 x 10^76th power OR 88 Quattuorvigintillion

Feat Context or "Why the hell is Lightspeed this insanely fast this time?"

Delayed Transmission​

Intro​

Camera: (tag=shuttle,remove-prompts)

Ultra Magnus: Chromia? What's wrong? You were about to tell us of the final fate - and resting place - of Omega Supreme.

Chromia: I... suddenly feel... very... strange. As if... a part of me was... somewhere else?

Melody: (thinking) Blaster? She's... fading away... before our eyes! Did something go awry with the Space Bridge transit?

Blaster: Negative, Melody. I got all'a her, every atom and molecule accounted for.

Strafe: Someone do something! Before-

None: FASSSH!

Ultra Magnus: (flinching) No! She's gone! What happened? Get her back!

Blaster: Can't, Ultra Magnus. Chromia's not here... not on Cybertron... not anywhere!

Melody: (thinking) That's impossible! Before she disappeared, Chromia said it felt like some of her was "somewhere else". Could she have been displaced, inter-dimensionally?

Red Alert: Are we under attack? It seems awfully inconvenient that Chromia gets removed just as she's about to reveal stuff that could've given us the means to fight back against Deathsaurus.

Nosecone: Scanning for infra-spatial residue. Yes... there's something not there. An... absence. Some external force prized open a localized event horizon.

Ultra Magnus: Can you compensate, Nosecone? Bolster our defenses?

Nosecone: Done... and done. But if it was Deathsaurus, how'd he know to strike when he did? This was precise... targeted.

Brainstorm: Someone... on the inside?

Punch: Why does everyone always look my way at these moments?

Ultra Magnus: For now, Brainstorm, assuming we can, our first and only priority right now is to get Chromia back. Strafe?

Strafe: (fist pump) On it. But we'll need all the brainpower we can muster for this one.

Red Alert: Fine. Whatever - or whoever you need. In the meantime... if Deathsaurus can strike with impunity, right at the heart of Autobase... we need to strike back.

Topshot: And for that - we need more C.O.M.B.A.T. 'bot firepower!

Outro​

Megatron: Well, Starscream... spit it out. We're waiting!

Shockwave: Yes. Your new body is already being forged. And unlike you, we are 'bots of our word.

Bludgeon: Tell us... where we can find Overlord!

Ghost Starscream: I would, Bludgeon, but... I feel... all sorts of wrong. Some of me... is missing? I can't —

None: FASSSH!

Megatron: (flinching) What happened? Where he go? Soundwave!

H.I.S.S. Soundwave: The shielded data storage module, Starscream's digital bolt-hole... no longer exists. Or has disappeared. And his cyber-simulacrum with it, mighty Megatron.

Shockwave: How is that possible? Unless... Ravage, scan for infra-spatial residue. If I am right, and I always am...

Ravage: <Sniff> Yeah... yeah. It's there, Shockwave. Or rather not there. The fortress has been inter-dimensionally compromised.

Megatron: (fist pump) Then this is an attack! And a targeted one at that.

Bludgeon: Yes! It can be no coincidence that Starscream was about to provide us with a living weapon in the shape of Overlord... One we could unleash upon our mutual foe Deathsaurus.

Megatron: And are we... all compromised?

H.I.S.S. Soundwave: Negative. Ether defenses have been re-harmonized to compensate.

Bludgeon: Deathsaurus knew... somehow... that Starscream, or rather the information he was bartering with, was a threat to his plan to raise a new Combiner.

Ravage: Suggesting an inside source? I'll soon root them out.

Megatron: Our priority is to find and retrieve Starscream. But in the meantime, Shockwave, find me a way to strike back. This... brazen affront... most not go unreciprocated.

Ravage: Best way to kick back... is with lashings of extra C.O.M.B.A.T. bot firepower!

Parallel Processors​

Intro​

Brainstorm: Strafe? Nosecone? Any progress on the search for Chromia?

Strafe: Pretty sure I don't need to tell you how many other dimensions are out there, Brainstorm. We're searching... fast as we can.

Nosecone: An extra Technobot pair of hands, not to mention the accompanying processing power, wouldn't go amiss, mind.

Brainstorm: The matter is in hand. But with the window of Space Bridge opportunity severely limited it's one reinforcement at a time.

Topshot: Yeah, an' right now all that bandwidth's busy upping our C.O.M.B.A.T. bot ante. Magnus wants us to kick back - hard! Hoo-HAH!

Brainstorm: As Topshot so eloquently puts it... a show of force has been deemed not only necessary but desirable. Deathsaurus needs... APPROPRIATE FURMANISM REQUIRED_ _SEARCHING>>> a short, sharp lesson.

Strafe: Gettin' a little gung-ho there, Brainstorm. I like it.

Nosecone: Only... we could use your input here. In our little brain trust.

Brainstorm: Never fear, Nosecone, my mind can literally be in two - or more - places at once. While Topshot and I see to more hands-on affairs... 99.98% of my cerebral capacity is at your disposal.

Topshot: What? I only merit 0.02% of your overblown IQ?

Brainstorm: 0.004% actually. I have various other experiments on the bubble.

Blaster: (pointing) Heads up, big brains - pint-sized pistol on the inbound.

Trenchfoot: Whoo-hoo... what a rush! Can I go again, Blaster? Huh?

Blaster: That's a big negatory, Trenchfoot. Time to lock, load and let rip.

Trenchfoot: Ah well, guess that's some compensation. Who's the lucky 'bot gets my Fire-Blast added to their tech specs.

Sideswipe: That'd be me. Sideswipe at your service.

Trenchfoot: Reckless and recklesser - a match made in CyberUtopia!

So the tl;dr is
Deathsaurus attacks both Starscream and Chromia with a multiversal ranged (and extremely precise) BFR weapon
The Technobots then amp spacial defenses of some kind so nobody else gets BFR'd, Decepticons do the same thing by altering “ether defenses”. Pretty good tech feat for them.

Brainstorm then taps the Technobots into his brain processor which is what allows them to search through the universes so quickly for Chromia, Lightspeed shows up and being the fastest, ups the process even more. Basically they aren’t normally this fast, they can only process the info that quickly when tapped into Brainstorm’s power.

As for how they are scanning an entire universe for one person? Not exactly sure, but Blaster does say they have “every atom and molecule accounted for” right before she vanishes, so they seem to have some way to account for a person’s individual material.

“Small Lived Pocket Reality” doesn’t actually indicate size despite the misleading title. It refers to branch universes that appear and end or resolve into another state quickly (Forest Lee actually went more in depth in this explaining that the 13 and other god characters exist and see all these universes and possibilities that we don’t).

Small lived was also Furman giving Pat Lee the middle finger for how the Dreamwave comics went bankrupt after Lee stole all their money. Other universes like the Dead Universe have been called pocket universes despite being stated to be mirrors of the real universe they’re attached to.

Bubble Universe Context
Second, whole new universes are spawned every moment by the resolution of quantum uncertainty. Most of these universes are dead ends that exist for only a few seconds or minutes at most, and encompass only a few critical moments. Therefore, at certain critical junctures, the Fallen becomes a quantum event, experiencing two or more possible outcomes at once, until one of those outcomes proves to be a dead end and collapses. The Fallen then reverts back to the "real" universe. Every story has dozens or hundreds of endings we never see. But the Fallen sees them.
Full quote at the bottom

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...op.1113286/page-2?post=95069246#post-95069246
Original Link

nj5i78z.png

Copy of the calc for posterity
It took 108 days, or 9.331e6 seconds, for a supercomputer running on a pair of AMD Epyc 7542 CPUs to calculate pi to 62.8 trillion digits

62.8 trillion/9.331e6 = 6.73025399206944593291179937841603257957346479477012110170399e6 digits per second

Mainframe does this calculation for fun, but even assuming it takes him a month (2.628e6 seconds)

1 centillion/2.628e+6 = 3.8051750380517503805175038051750380517503805175038051750380e296 digits per second

3.8051750380517503805175038051750380517503805175038051750380e296/6.73025399206944593291179937841603257957346479477012110170399e6 = 5.6538357133854908918166923576573694364463058294312111605540e289 times faster than the supercomputer

https://techmonitor.ai/technology/data/atomic-weapons-establishment-supercomputer

A supercomputer meant to model warhead behaviour also running on AMD Epyc 7542 CPUs works at 7 petaflops
The human brain is roughly 1 exaflop, or 1000 petaflops

1000/7 = 142.857142857 times "faster" than the supercomputer

Average human reaction time = 0.25 seconds

Supercomputer "reaction time" = 0.25 * 142.857142857 = 35.71428571425 seconds

Mainframe reaction time= 35.71428571425/5.6538357133854908918166923576573694364463058294312111605540e289 = 6.316824103978863144357517950916300503697352909655985424927e-289 seconds

Mainframe reaction speed at melee range = 1/6.316824103978863144357517950916300503697352909655985424927e-289 = 1.5830739997495205237084233806677718655856334041063247583594e288 m/s, or 5.280566463581683978548997989361599835795847152720315460235e279 c (1 million nonagintillion times faster than light)

grillmaster

Paramount
New thing im working on, that ive been unable to finish myself

IDW Stormbringer: Decepticon Firepower
In Stormbringer, Razorclaw on board the Thanatos is given a direct order to destroy Cybertron itself if he must in order to stop Thunderwing. He orders Rampage to target the planet with Starblitz Torpedoes, and we see four targets.
1713894635169.png

Context clues as well as descriptions imply this is definitely not just lifewiping or sterilizing the planet
1713894753307.png
If they were just melting the planets surface, they would not need to withdraw and raise the ships shields, considering...
1713894857698.png
they're already this far away
Razorclaw's comment about withdrawing comes after this shot, implying that even this is too close.
Now, Cybertron has had varying sizes over the years, there is a usable fan calc, as well as ive heard Don Figueroa stating that Cybertron is Saturn-Jupiter sized, which would be consistent with Furman being the writer; thats how big Cybertron was in the original comics
PART 2 below (i ran out of space lol)

grillmaster

Paramount
Part 2
I did some angsizing from the image
thanatosdistantcybertron.png
The size of cybertron i use here was calculated by someone else going off of IDW Unicrons size compared to both Cybertron and Earth, this will be our low end
1713895167590.png
So the Thanatos is roughly at a distance of 148,207.8~ kilometers in this shot, a little less considering however big the ship is and that its in frame, but this is good enough, at this distance i think however far the Thanatos is from the camera is negligible.
Doing this same angsize with the aformentioned larger, Marvel Cybertron based sizes:
Saturn sized Cybertron: 789,357.49 km
Jupiter sized Cybertron: 968,802.5 km
Remember, even this distance is too close to Cybertron, its within the danger zone, the ship has to withdraw further and raise shields on top of it
I've not got anything concrete on the power of this blast yet, but I think I've got some of the pieces here to work off of

grillmaster

Paramount
now the trouble is of course how durable is the Thanatos if the blast can destroy it from this distance
ive not got much info on the durability of Cybertronian ships, except for the Arks shields tanking that Supernova in Cyberverse, but i need to calc that too and thats another series

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Sixshot blew a hole through the Ark on his own at one point in IDW so their raw dura may be well below their capability of destruction, however I don't recall if it had access to shields at all during that

grillmaster

Paramount
if there is anyone who could provide input it would be appreciated, but for now thats all ive got on this
ik the minimum radius of the explosion, that its enough to blow apart cybertron, and that it could potentially damage or destroy Razorclaw's ship unshielded and at its current distance
problem is, i dont know how big razorclaw's ship is nor would i be qualified to find its surface area
for context, i do not believe anyone in IDW scales to survive this, rather i want to use it as an example of what decepticon warships are capable of

grillmaster

Paramount
STAR BUSTING: SUPERNOVA VS SOLAR SYSTEM

Something I've seen argued about is whether or not a supernova is powerful enough to destroy the Solar System.
Some calcs say it should take multiple "Foe" (which i will use as the baseline measurement here because duh) but I've seen lower estimates that put it like a dozen times more than to destroy our sun, which considering even our own sun when it runs out of fuel and dies will still destroy all the inner planets, I can almost kind of see that as a possibility
But this is important because, in transformers, theres a concerning amount of weapons that are compared to or directly powered by supernovae, as well as characters who can destroy stars, or are directly compared to the power of stars.

As an example of weapons, several versions of the Star Saber are stated to be able to destroy stars, as well as being comparable or equal to the Requiem Blaster, which draws upon the power of a supernova.

https://tfew.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/18137348471325-Prima-s-Star-Saber-Dark-Star-Saber
The Star Sabre is a mighty blade once wielded by Prima, the first Transformer, and in his hands had the power to crumble planets into dust or explode stars. Though diminished somewhat, the Sabre still possesses apocalyptic potential, and is one of the few weapons feared by the monolithic Titans.
The Requiem Blaster is quite simply the most powerful energy weapon in the known galaxy. It is the combined form of the Space Mini-Con Team, comprising Astroscope, Payload, and Sky Blast. It utilizes Astroscope's transdimensional research to draw on the power of a super nova's energy, a quasar's sonic output, or a black hole's gravity. This makes it EXTREMELY powerful. Only the Skyboom Shield is able to diffuse an attack from the blaster.
The Armada Star Saber is considered relative to the Requiem Blaster, and the Skyboom Shield is durable enough to withstand either of them; the Mini-Con weapons are all around the same power.

Omega Doom, the Shattered Glass (evil mirrorverse) counterpart of Omega Supreme has an arm that he can fire as a star killing missile, powerful enough to cause the local star to go supernova and destroy Cybertron, as well as the entire solar system.
MN304lb.jpeg

MvK3XFS.jpeg
Nexus warns that the blast will destroy everything around for light-days
TIXXPC5.jpg
Just 1 light-day equals over 173 Astronomical Units, which would make sense, that equals at least a 173 AU destruction radius

This isn't the only instance of solar system destroying cybertronian technology; in the prose story Alignment, set in the Marvel G1 continuity, we see the Decepticons self destruct a planet so hard the entire system and everything for several light years is sucked into a black hole:
Beneath the surface of Pyrovar, vast thermo-cyclonic charges
detonated, the planet dissolving into a fiery mass that seemed
to fold in on itself, mushrooming in reverse… before booming
outward in great waves of destructive force, ripping through
the atmosphere, pushing out into space. The forces on the
ground were gone instantly, the spaceborne ships a moment
later. Around the core of the explosion, gravity collapsed in on
itself, compressing local space into a superdense hole. In
moments, Pyrovar and the surrounding several light years of
space were gone.

Now I didn't do all this just to repost feats, my question here is, some of these weapons are stated to be as strong as a supernova, some simultaneously claiming a supernova is strong enough to destroy a star system; how much energy is needed to destroy an entire solar system, and how strong must these supernovae be?
I've seen so many different yields to destroy a star system, so im curious what the answer is

grillmaster

Paramount
We could use Nexus telling us that everything within that minimum 173 AU radius will be destroyed
as an example perhaps we use the earth
Earth from a 173 AU distance would be 0.000028 degrees

Last edited:

grillmaster

Paramount

In Stormbringer, Razorclaw on board the Thanatos is given a direct order to destroy Cybertron itself if he must in order to stop Thunderwing. He orders Rampage to target the planet with Starblitz Torpedoes, and we see four targets.
View attachment 1438

Context clues as well as descriptions imply this is definitely not just lifewiping or sterilizing the planet
View attachment 1439
If they were just melting the planets surface, they would not need to withdraw and raise the ships shields, considering...
View attachment 1440
Razorclaw's comment about withdrawing comes after this shot, implying that even this is too close.
Now, Cybertron has had varying sizes over the years, there is a usable fan calc, as well as ive heard Don Figueroa stating that Cybertron is Saturn-Jupiter sized, which would be consistent with Furman being the writer; thats how big Cybertron was in the original comics
on this topic but i wonder how or if its even possible to calc exceptionally powerful magnetic fields, as this was a superweapon in the old g1 manga
the Omega Wave Cannon, a single shot is strong enough to destroy an entire city
Scramble%20City%2001.jpg

(Mistranslated as whip lol)
its described as an electromagnetic cannon, and appears to be exceptionally powerful
magnetism is a pretty awesome weapon in general, so i am curious how strong this would have to be
it is referenced in modern media albeit super sparingly, Strika's ship in TF Animated has eight of these, but thats another universe

grillmaster

Paramount
Looking back over some more scans posted in the thread, i noticed Shockwave got this far into space, in the time it took Optimus and Wheeljack to talk here
shockwaveisveryfast.png

grillmaster

Paramount
Something i would like answered for future reference when scaling more comic feats, what timeframe do we default when we arent given one? one second? do we use the time it takes to read a panels dialogue for how time passes in that scene? what about the panels with no dialogue?

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
Something i would like answered for future reference when scaling more comic feats, what timeframe do we default when we arent given one? one second? do we use the time it takes to read a panels dialogue for how time passes in that scene? what about the panels with no dialogue?
one to five minutes can be tried.

grillmaster

Paramount

View attachment 1438

View attachment 1439
View attachment 1440
follow up to this from the G2 comics
BdkO21lrT9RO0f0u9OTpg-sRtsAulpHSanGpSagr-GVLFvBOruEhxz8VNDjJbU48G_frdhOofDna=s1600

from G2; the Twilight destroys San Francisco in one shot
1713835282786-png.1429

twilightattacksearth-png.1430

Jhiaxus said the ship would "blow the earth apart" presumably over the course of a sustained bombardment, but this is what one shot did

grillmaster

Paramount
I know theres a lot more talking about feats than actual calculations, but in my defense i dont quite think im competent enough for it
i do what i can whenever possible, but i also wanna put these in one place to see what everyone else thinks, cause theres also just variables idk (like as i mentioned above, time frame) and certain things idk how to calculate

i thought it would be better to put these in a calc thread than clog the main thread with discussion about math

grillmaster

Paramount
Cybertron's distance from Earth
Cybertron's distance from the planet Earth is never directly stated in the original cartoon or comics; however, we are given enough details to get a good idea.
To get this one over with quickly as ive discussed the kinetic energy of this feat, we are conveniently told that Cybertron in the original comics once orbited Alpha Centauri, the closest star to our Solar System at 4 light years. The Great War dislodged Cybertron from its orbit and sent it hurtling through space. after 1,000 years of war in the comics, it reached our Solar System.
That was four million years ago, using the info we have we can thus infer that the planet Cybertron in the Marvel Comics sits roughly 16,000 light years away from earth. Notable distance i suppose to scale any characters who travel this distance under their own power, or in ships.

The cartoon will be a bit trickier, we don't get told anything about where Cybertron is here, we do however get an interesting shot of the planet:
1714174769851.png
That is a galaxy, presumably the Milky Way. We can angsize this, fortunately:
1714174940075.png
969,207.366501 kilometers from the camera
1714175630877.png
610,952.732315 light years
now you can subtract the distance cybertron is from the camera to find that its utterly nonexistent compared to the distance the galaxy is
610952.7323148... light years
so pretty much this
note that you could also add EARTHS distance from the edge of the milky way to get a total distance of 637,952.7323148... light years

Speed scaling
characters who would benefit from this scaling is insane, because starscream and skyfire cross this distance ON SCREEN
as do the Ark and the Nemesis, a frankly absurd speed feat for both
cranking out some numbers for the ships, knowing how quickly they arrived at earth, a time of about TWO MINUTES you get:
160,668,349,544.1987 C
mother of fucking God
To make it even more comical, using the possible Earth distance you get:
167,768,809,544.1461 C

this is madness

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
Cybertron's distance from Earth
Cybertron's distance from the planet Earth is never directly stated in the original cartoon or comics; however, we are given enough details to get a good idea.
To get this one over with quickly as ive discussed the kinetic energy of this feat, we are conveniently told that Cybertron in the original comics once orbited Alpha Centauri, the closest star to our Solar System at 4 light years. The Great War dislodged Cybertron from its orbit and sent it hurtling through space. after 1,000 years of war in the comics, it reached our Solar System.
That was four million years ago, using the info we have we can thus infer that the planet Cybertron in the Marvel Comics sits roughly 16,000 light years away from earth. Notable distance i suppose to scale any characters who travel this distance under their own power, or in ships.

The cartoon will be a bit trickier, we don't get told anything about where Cybertron is here, we do however get an interesting shot of the planet:
View attachment 1460
That is a galaxy, presumably the Milky Way. We can angsize this, fortunately:
View attachment 1461
969,207.366501 kilometers from the camera
View attachment 1463
610,952.732315 light years
now you can subtract the distance cybertron is from the camera to find that its utterly nonexistent compared to the distance the galaxy is
610952.7323148... light years
so pretty much this
note that you could also add EARTHS distance from the edge of the milky way to get a total distance of 637,952.7323148... light years

Speed scaling
characters who would benefit from this scaling is insane, because starscream and skyfire cross this distance ON SCREEN
as do the Ark and the Nemesis, a frankly absurd speed feat for both
cranking out some numbers for the ships, knowing how quickly they arrived at earth, a time of about TWO MINUTES you get:
160,668,349,544.1987 C
mother of fucking God
To make it even more comical, using the possible Earth distance you get:
167,768,809,544.1461 C

this is madness
By the way, in Transformers Cybertron we have an indication of the distance between Cybertron and one of the nebulas about five thousand light years if that helps.

Back