Transformers calc archive

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
19:30|Master Megatron can be as fast as a sonic bomber.

9:58|This is fast enough to travel the distance to Earth from outside the solar system in 20 seconds.

9461000000000/20 = 1577924.952335 times faster than the speed of light.

A. Like their G1 predecessors, Armada leaders must have at least a city level of powerful performance. At least according to Megatron's Armada Dreamwave profile, he has the same antimatter power source as G1 Megatron.

Now one gram of antimatter reacting with one gram of ordinary matter produces an energy of 42.96 kilotons. This is the city level for just 1 gram. With just 3 grams of antimatter, Megatron could overcome a Big City-level destructive force or 130 kilotons. And Optimus Prime... is approximately equal to him.Armada_Megatron_01_4.png

grillmaster

Paramount
19:30|Master Megatron can be as fast as a sonic bomber.

9:58|This is fast enough to travel the distance to Earth from outside the solar system in 20 seconds.

9461000000000/20 = 1577924.952335 times faster than the speed of light.

A. Like their G1 predecessors, Armada leaders must have at least a city level of powerful performance. At least according to Megatron's Armada Dreamwave profile, he has the same antimatter power source as G1 Megatron.

Now one gram of antimatter reacting with one gram of ordinary matter produces an energy of 42.96 kilotons. This is the city level for just 1 gram. With just 3 grams of antimatter, Megatron could overcome a Big City-level destructive force or 130 kilotons. And Optimus Prime... is approximately equal to him.View attachment 1484

i really like this cross series consistent scaling

personally i think this would put armada at mountain level with g1 megs

Last edited:

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
18:00|When both were fighting on the starship Atlantis, they both hit so hard that they literally destroyed (almost) the entire ship, even though the ship should have exploded anyway. The explosion covered as much as 1/4 of the Moon:

And Optimus, who is comparable to him in his super mode, was able to get out of this situation.

And if I'm not being stupid, Atlantis is a continent according to the animated series.Screenshot_2024-03-15-20-50-25-897_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

grillmaster

Paramount
yeah the ships are massive, remember im pretty sure Atlantis combined with the other colony ships into the Ark, which Primus' used as his gigantic planet sized super cannon

grillmaster

Paramount
i really like this cross series consistent scaling

personally i think this would put armada at mountain level with g1 megs
we know that galvatron in energon is (according to his toy bio) ten times stronger than he was as megatron so thats something

hold on didnt megatron in energon/superlink blow up a planet

grillmaster

Paramount
holy shit i just thought about this from reading the thread i got those videos from
its mentioned how energon galvatron and starscream survived the energon sun collapsing into the unicron singularity
i think its possible to calculate this
its insane, so when a star collapses, all its mass rushes inward at 1/4-1/3rd of the speed of light
galvatron and starscream would scale directly to this having been inside of the star collapsing
the kinetic energy of a collapsing star with the mass of just our sun (which is pretty small for a star) would be...
1.08e+46 Joules.
over 108 Foe
sweet holy jesus

Last edited:

grillmaster

Paramount
Finding the size of the Forge of Solus Prime

The Forge of Solus Prime apparently has a small Neutron Star in its core, which is curious

1714278406097.png
now i need to find how big it is to find its hypothetical mass

grillmaster

Paramount
STAR BUSTING: SUPERNOVA VS SOLAR SYSTEM

Something I've seen argued about is whether or not a supernova is powerful enough to destroy the Solar System.
Some calcs say it should take multiple "Foe" (which i will use as the baseline measurement here because duh) but I've seen lower estimates that put it like a dozen times more than to destroy our sun, which considering even our own sun when it runs out of fuel and dies will still destroy all the inner planets, I can almost kind of see that as a possibility
But this is important because, in transformers, theres a concerning amount of weapons that are compared to or directly powered by supernovae, as well as characters who can destroy stars, or are directly compared to the power of stars.

As an example of weapons, several versions of the Star Saber are stated to be able to destroy stars, as well as being comparable or equal to the Requiem Blaster, which draws upon the power of a supernova.

The Armada Star Saber is considered relative to the Requiem Blaster, and the Skyboom Shield is durable enough to withstand either of them; the Mini-Con weapons are all around the same power.

Omega Doom, the Shattered Glass (evil mirrorverse) counterpart of Omega Supreme has an arm that he can fire as a star killing missile, powerful enough to cause the local star to go supernova and destroy Cybertron, as well as the entire solar system.
MN304lb.jpeg

MvK3XFS.jpeg
Nexus warns that the blast will destroy everything around for light-days
TIXXPC5.jpg
Just 1 light-day equals over 173 Astronomical Units, which would make sense, that equals at least a 173 AU destruction radius

This isn't the only instance of solar system destroying cybertronian technology; in the prose story Alignment, set in the Marvel G1 continuity, we see the Decepticons self destruct a planet so hard the entire system and everything for several light years is sucked into a black hole:

Now I didn't do all this just to repost feats, my question here is, some of these weapons are stated to be as strong as a supernova, some simultaneously claiming a supernova is strong enough to destroy a star system; how much energy is needed to destroy an entire solar system, and how strong must these supernovae be?
I've seen so many different yields to destroy a star system, so im curious what the answer is
Core Collapse. Gravity makes everything fall down, with "down" being defined as the center of gravity of all the objects. So a nebula contracts as gravity tries to squeeze into a tiny ball.

Soon the nebula contracts into what they call a protostar. But at some point the temperature at the center of the protostar becomes high enough to ignite a fusion reaction. A star is born.

The fusion reaction emits lots of electromagnetic radiation, i.e., light. The radiation pressure of the light brings the star's gravitational collapse to a halt. The star's body can no longer fall down, it is "propped up" by radiation pressure.

Core collapse is when one of several mechanisms kicks out the prop. The star then abruptly collapses.

This means that instead of a small steady stream of the star's hydrogen is slowly being burnt in the core, suddenly all of the hydrogen is burnt in a fraction of a second. The supernova explosion obliterates the star, leaving only a small neutron star or black hole. Millions of years from now alien astronomers in an adjacent galaxy notice that our galaxy has suddenly doubled in brightness.

The mechanisms that can cause core collapse are electron capture; exceeding the Chandrasekhar limit; pair-instability; or photodisintegration. Which mechanism does the dirty deed more or less depends upon the star's mass. Details can be found in the Wikipedia article.

Pair-instability supernovae can emit from 5 to 100 Foe of energy (5×10^44 to 1×10^46 joules). Electron capture, Chandrasekhar limit and photodisintegration supernovae regularly emit about 100 Foe of energy (1×10^46 joules).

grillmaster

Paramount
Finding the size of the Forge of Solus Prime
The Forge of Solus Prime apparently has a small Neutron Star in its core, which is curious

View attachment 1487
now i need to find how big it is to find its hypothetical mass
Okay, so i found this image of optimus with the forge, its a fandom image so it wont load right lmfao
someone made a pretty good prime scale chart
806e6f7egw1dz78roflhfj-jpg.27464844

using this, if optimus is 9.5 meters tall, the forge is 7.64 meters long (roughly), and inside it could fit a sphere about 87 centimeters in diameter (87.800369686 cm for future reference)
image.png

my crude pixel measurements on this tiny crusty ass image)
a neutron star has a mass of 400 billion kilograms per cubic centimeter, the volume of this hypothetical sphere being 354,395.05702098 cubic centimeters, you get
1.4175802e+17 kilograms, or 141,758,020,000,000 metric tons
now this is

absurd lmfao
so its probably not that big, at least whenever a normal character holds it, but it was pretty funny to calc

grillmaster

Paramount
just had a mind melting realization
i calculated the destruction of moonbase two before via kinetic energy
what of Unicron himself
i feel like we've kind of forgotten Unicron is fuckin HAULING ASS through this film
if i can get his speed i can get his casual durability
note: unicron can obviously use FTL to some degree otherwise itd take him centuries to get anywhere, so im not gonna count any FTL speeds for this

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
IDW feat: Optimus Prime cracks Sixshot's armor
OptimusvsSixshot2 (1).jpg
His armor was forged from metals extracted from the subatomic matter of collapsed stars, as well as self-healing dark matter fission cells, making his hull virtually indestructible.OptimusvsSixshot1.jpg
Optimus, of course, did not destroy all the armor in front of his fist, but even for what he did it would take approximately 9.884000000000 trillion tons of force, the energy reaching approximately 605 kilotons of TNT.

grillmaster

Paramount
just had a mind melting realization
i calculated the destruction of moonbase two before via kinetic energy
what of Unicron himself
i feel like we've kind of forgotten Unicron is fuckin HAULING ASS through this film
if i can get his speed i can get his casual durability
note: unicron can obviously use FTL to some degree otherwise itd take him centuries to get anywhere, so im not gonna count any FTL speeds for this

unicron cruising speed.png
This took about 5 seconds of travel
unicrons diameter has been calculated (5,267.3622 km)
he travelled thus roughly around 11,159 kilometers over those 5 seconds, or
2,231.9 kilometers per second
using the mass of Earth/Cybertron (i sincerely doubt unicron is using some sort of gravity generators, as that would imply he actually cares about anyone being able to live on his planet mode) since theyre all roughly the same gravity and, while the other two are smaller, they're also metal
1.4884798259006E+37 Joules (3,557 Yottatons. Yeah theres other characters with higher than this, but this is the immediate low end

look at how fast he moves here
using the prior scene, i got these measurements from a screenshot
unicron= 34 pixels
red star= 868 pixels
134,472.6585176161 km in diameter

doing some angsizing for the following scene of unicron approaching the camera
the star is 1704 pixels across, and unicron initially is 186, using angsizing
unicron is 76,091.53987 kilometers from the viewer
the star is 204,974.110447 kilometers from the viewer at first
one second later/24 frames (framerate for the show and movie)
unicron distance from the star.png
unicron is then 204 pixels across, 69,371.960088 kilometers away
the star is 1086 pixels, 328,298.752998 kilometers away

unicron thus travelled 130,044.222333 kilometers per second
KE at this speed is: 5.8965294818333969657206377230438781258447e+40 Joules
(Over 14,093,043.69 Yottatons)

Back