• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
Some G1 feats

Trypticon smashes a volcano. He also can lift Fort Knox, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin.

300px-Thiefinthenight_trypticon_steals_kremlin.jpg

300px-ThiefNight_Trypticon_monuments.JPG

And Metroplex can fight and damage Trypticon.

Galvatron destroys Planet Thrull

And before this, Megatron survives an explosion that knocked Cybertron out of Earth's orbit.

Last edited:

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
Some G1 feats

Trypticon smashes a volcano. He also can lift Fort Knox, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin.

300px-Thiefinthenight_trypticon_steals_kremlin.jpg

300px-ThiefNight_Trypticon_monuments.JPG

And Metroplex can fight and damage Trypticon.

Galvatron destroys Planet Thrull

And before this, Megatron survives an explosion that knocked Cybertron out of Earth's orbit.

By the way, this volcano, if I’m not mistaken, was Mount Saint Hilary, which has a height of more than 2 kilometers.

grillmaster

Paramount
something i just thought about
so, we know how much energy that megatron tanked in that ultimate doom feat and how it scales
we also know megatron can shatter entire mountains with his directed beam attacks
but that makes me wonder, if we want to find how much energy megatrons fusion cannon could hit with shouldnt we account for surface area, cause hes projecting all this energy through a gun barrel
we know from his bio his normal fusion cannon shots supposedly work through pretty simple mass-energy conversion, but all that energy is directed instead of omnidirectional

grillmaster

Paramount
think of how iirc its said some boxers can throw punches with relative energy to that of a bullet, but that force is spaced out over their fist or over their glove, rather than a tiny metal projectile
idk if that first part is true but i think it conveys what i wanted it to

grillmaster

Paramount
i did some pixel scaling once to find that megatron shrinking to gun mode theoretically makes his beams 7.8-7.9x stronger just by how much smaller the barrel is (and thats for him shrinking to the size of a transformer gun, not a human one)

when i did that, it suddenly made sense of why his gun mode is apparently so damn dangerous

grillmaster

Paramount
this group came up with it before me but i did the different math

Power density per square inch. If Megs went from a barrel two feet across
to one two inches across, but put the same power into the blast, the point
where the shot landed would receive 144x more punch.

It's possible that a fully-powered, fully-armored medium or large Autobot
hit by one of Megatron's cannon blasts might actually survive. If they
were hit by a concentrated gun-mode beam, it would punch straight through
their armor, through their internal systems, through the next five
Autobots behind them, and drill a hole through the mountain behind that.

Even if his gun mode had less raw power feeding into each blast, it would
still be worth it. One-tenth the power still makes for a
fourteen-times-more-powerful punch at the point of strike.

grillmaster

Paramount
reading those alt.toys.transformers groups is so unreal man, i like going way back to read peoples thoughts on beast wars as it was coming out, its super interesting

i saw a guy describing the shot of BW megatron floating in the ark, hovering over the autobots and toward optimus prime, as it felt like someone walking over a family members grave (probably not quite as intense but i think i get what they meant)

grillmaster

Paramount
so, we know how much energy that megatron tanked in that ultimate doom feat and how it scales
we also know megatron can shatter entire mountains with his directed beam attacks
but that makes me wonder, if we want to find how much energy megatrons fusion cannon could hit with shouldnt we account for surface area, cause hes projecting all this energy through a gun barrel
we know from his bio his normal fusion cannon shots supposedly work through pretty simple mass-energy conversion, but all that energy is directed instead of omnidirectional
this could provide a nutty boost all things considered
megatron isnt just generating enough energy to shatter an entire mountain, no hes focusing it into a beam of focused energy that is still so powerful that it plows through an object millions of times its size and obliterates it

grillmaster

Paramount
wait a minute im fucking insane just looking at megatron
doronbo just posted it
we see galvatron BLOW UP A PLANET ON SCREEN
he outputted enough power to BLOW UP A PLANET THROUGH THE BARREL OF HIS CANNON MODE
galvatron in the toon is at least relative to megatron, we know this cause rodimus and optimus are roughly equal to one another and both are relative to galvatron, so hes probably stronger but idk by how much

grillmaster

Paramount
Galvatron is for sure>Megatron

I believe bios also generally have Rodimus as a little stronger than Optimus, but that may just be for toy continuity
he is presumably stronger than megs yeah, but my point is its clearly not to the insane fucking degree of marvel galvatron where he slaps around megatron like hes fodder and has to try NOT to kill him, and then fist fights characters 10-100 times stronger than megs and holds his own after having his face blown clean off
i also remember reading the toy bios so i know what you're referring to, rodimus isnt actually stronger, hes slightly faster which gave him a superior overall rating

grillmaster

Paramount
he is presumably stronger than megs yeah, but my point is its clearly not to the insane fucking degree of marvel galvatron where he slaps around megatron like hes fodder and has to try NOT to kill him, and then fist fights characters 10-100 times stronger than megs and holds his own after having his face blown clean off
i also remember reading the toy bios so i know what you're referring to, rodimus isnt actuallly stronger, hes slightly faster which gave him a superior overall rating
toy bios have limits after all, remember galvatrons toy bio has him WEAKER than megatron (presumably this is to hide the fact that he IS megatron

grillmaster

Paramount
I don't really take them at face value beyond maybe offering some interesting lore here and there
true
my point though was at least in the cartoon i dont think the difference in power is quite as ludicrous, hes at minimum on megatrons level, maybe a bit more, just not like a dozen times or some shit, i think theyre within a similar range, all the toon leaders are

Back