Transformers feats/discussion

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
hmmm we have some indication of Predaking's reaction and combat speed.

Abilities: Predaking is monstrously powerful. It can lift 500 tons without straining the chain. It reacts to any movement it sees within 002 seconds. He can generate a powerful electric field around himself that dampens or repels any energy beams and prevents other Transformers from getting within 10 feet of him. One blow from his fist can shatter a 50-foot reinforced concrete cube. He wields a powerful X-ray laser gun, the explosion power of which is equivalent to 100 tons of TNT. Each of his legs contains a double-barreled mortar.RCO032_1698998376.jpg

Doronbo_Shirake

Pochiton!
I watched years ago the japanese continuity. I need to rewatch it.
I remember that God Ginrai destroyed Devil Z, but God Ginrai later was almost killed by Deathsaurus. Then turned into Victory Leo and almost killed along Star Saber by General Overlord (revived and empowered by Violen Jager) while they were on planet Feminia. General Overlord used his spear to crush Feminia's core and destroyed the planet while Victory Saber was still there.
General Overlord is the same from Masterforce but with a power-up and a new design.
So, based on what I remember, Zone decepticons and Dai Atlas with Zodiac are superior to Masterforce and Victory characters.

I watched the OVA and created some gifs.

Here are the Nine Generals destroying Feminia.
3CZL3Sy.gif

bZCuJqa.gif

Overlord throwing his lance and cracking Feminia's surface.
MA2qtzb.gif

Victory Saber taking Feminia's explosion. The Commander survived but gave his position to Dai Atlas since he can't fight because the injuries.
jy3yOAK.gif

The Nine Generals attacking different parts of Earth. Trypticon destroys the Great Wall (This version of Trypticon hates monuments), Devastator destroyed the World Trade Center and part of New York and King Poseidon destroys a ship. :kobeha
7ehKSUw.gif

According to Victory Saber, Zodiac can be used to create a planet.

Zodiac is the power that created the universe. Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber used it to survive Trypticon's laser and fight the Demon Generals.
NDS43pj.gif

fRHPzlN.gif

srLgmhZ.gif

BTW, Predaking's face reminds me of Bomberman.

Devastator got trapped in the magma.
ZgZl5yb.gif

grillmaster

Paramount
I watched the OVA and created some gifs.

Here are the Nine Generals destroying Feminia.
3CZL3Sy.gif

bZCuJqa.gif

Overlord throwing his lance and cracking Feminia's surface.
MA2qtzb.gif

Victory Saber taking Feminia's explosion. The Commander survived but gave his position to Dai Atlas since he can't fight because the injuries.
jy3yOAK.gif

The Nine Generals attacking different parts of Earth. Trypticon destroys the Great Wall (This version of Trypticon hates monuments), Devastator destroyed the World Trade Center and part of New York and King Poseidon destroys a ship. :kobeha
7ehKSUw.gif

According to Victory Saber, Zodiac can be used to create a planet.

Zodiac is the power that created the universe. Dai Atlas and Sonic Bomber used it to survive Trypticon's laser and fight the Demon Generals.
NDS43pj.gif

fRHPzlN.gif

srLgmhZ.gif

BTW, Predaking's face reminds me of Bomberman.

Devastator got trapped in the magma.
ZgZl5yb.gif
oh yeah i sent some of these to othergalaxy
the planet destruction is nuts man how tf does it even work

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
visuals look great but that tone ooooh the tone it hurts it hurts
have faith bryan tyree henry will bring it home as Megatron as he's good in anything no matter how dog ass it is (Eternals being a great example) but it ain't looking great so far

grillmaster

Paramount
visuals look great but that tone ooooh the tone it hurts it hurts
have faith bryan tyree henry will bring it home as Megatron as he's good in anything no matter how dog ass it is (Eternals being a great example) but it ain't looking great so far
hopefully itll be more serious in the actual film, i dont dislike lighthearted scenes in a tf film but the film better lock in when it counts

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
hopefully itll be more serious in the actual film, i dont dislike lighthearted scenes in a tf film but the film better lock in when it counts
it's not the lightheartedness that bugs me, the comedy beats just don't seem very well written. Comedy's tough to nail in general, but idk it just feels kinda slapstick in a way that doesn't live up to how funny that shit can actually be.

The visuals are kinda fantastic though, animation team doing great on it, and I hope the movie is good or at least fun.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
random example from g1: Wheeljack blowing himself up with his own gun is timeless, anybody could find that funny in the 80s or now probably. not really sure anything here would have that kinda staying power

grillmaster

Paramount
true enough
i thought it looked nice honestly
if the film takes itself seriously when it counts and the humor isnt ass in the actual film i think itll be good
it could just be the trailer making it look dumb, like theres a weird shit joke in the ROTB trailer about unicron eating planets thats just entirely absent from the movie
it was just unbelievably ass and im glad it was cut

grillmaster

Paramount
my main concern honestly is how theyre gonna do orion and megatrons falling out cause you gotta be real careful with that, because media literacy doesn't exist and ive seen morons pull out the weirdest takes about it in other series

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
yeah one thing the movies actually have going for them is that the history is just implied, they really didn't need to show it at all, the brief lines between bay megs and prime fill you in that clearly they were once close and it all fell apart. I worry that one movie is not enough time to actually get into all that (even disregarding if this is supposed to be Bay canon or not, doesn't matter, that conflict is core to just about any TF story)

grillmaster

Paramount
yeah one thing the movies actually have going for them is that the history is just implied, they really didn't need to show it at all, the brief lines between bay megs and prime fill you in that clearly they were once close and it all fell apart. I worry that one movie is not enough time to actually get into all that (even disregarding if this is supposed to be Bay canon or not, doesn't matter, that conflict is core to just about any TF story)
hopefully theyll pull it off, but im concerned
the main thing for me is ive always pictured that falling out happening over years or something, so unless the film skips through time it just feels off to me
like they go from homies to trying to kill each other in a two hour film

grillmaster

Paramount
im half joking but it is an actual worry of mine, with how horrible and fucking evil the Decepticons generally are in most series (including the new movieverse), how are they gonna be done here
are they gonna be treated seriously or with jokes, that split second of megs forging the decepticon symbol did seem pretty serious

Back