• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
And now, to look over some of the translation from the Best Sound booklet (supplied by @TheDoctor12th , thank you)! To start with, some more on the Multiversal Labyrinth (more on it being infinite, and manifesting more universes with every instant the possibilities are perceived).
(Relevant text)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
As it's been confirmed that the Gridman spinoffs are canon to Gridman Universe, now's a good a time as any to look into them. Starting with Gridman vs Diaclone! This translation seems to have a few gimmicks, so for anything big I'll ask a friend directly.
A dimensional crack appears like the time hole used by the Waruder Army. From this crack Gridman appears (he is 70m tall).
Gridman is an energy life-form, who's mass can't be measured.
"High energy reaction detected! The mass.......cannot be measured! It seems to be some kind of an energy life form!"

"Then, is it the size of a living beam that hits a scientific research base directly?
Gridman turns into particles of light and enters the scientific research base to enter Hikari's dreams.
The attacking kaiju transformed from Planet Waruder.
Planet Waruder went through a gravitational collapse due to Freezon Energy.
The monster is composed of the Super Wave Freezon Quantum and residual thoughts of the Alien Waruder into a monster with the attributes of a blackhole. The kaiju jumps through dimensions with the ultimate goal of robbing Freezon Energy by performing a warp on Earth. However, due to the dimensional vibrations that happened as a result of crossing into the Multiverse, an unprecedented crisis has begun to occur. Gridman travels from the Hyper World to defeat the monster, but no matter how many times he injures the monster, the monster is able to instantly regenerate its damaged body parts via dimensional wave vibrations.
Gridman is exhausted from his battles with the kaiju, and after being hit by a blow that tears through the fabric of dimensions, is thrown out onto the Moon.
And Gridman's power was exhausted to the limit in long and harsh battles within the extradimensional space──additionally, he suffered from a strong blow that tore the fabric of dimension and was thrown out to the moon where Hikari was in.
Gridman has no phsyical form existing as pure energy, and has to combine with someone to gain one (this is due to Gridman's nature, and the side effects of the 'multiverse crossing phenomenon').
Even if Gridman materializing with Hikari were to restore his full power, his chances of winning against the monster would be slim.
The monster appears on Earth, materializing in Hikari's world as a side effect of the 'dimension crossing effect'. It has a full length of 100m, and uses portals to start transfering Freezon Energy to itself to devour.
The Diaclone Capital Defence force attacks, but the kaiju, now given the name Dimensional Giant Monster Giganter, blocks all the attacks with a dimensional shield, and it absorbs the Freezon Energy of the attacks.
Dozens of smaller human-sized monsters fall from Giganters body.
Giganter leaves the Tokyo City quietly after consuming the Freezon Energy and moves to the direction of west-southwest.

While dozens of small human-sized parasitic monsters spawn from its body──
These smaller monsters can reach 2m in size, and are labelled Dimensional Parasite Monsters.
If Gridman materializes before he recovers enough energy, he risks putting Hikari's body in danger.
"Gridman! I need your help! Trample on those monsters!"

However, Gridman delivers a surprising reply.

"I'm sorry ...... my power hasn't recovered enough yet. If I forcibly materialize now, your body will be in danger."
With the influx of Freezon Energy, Gridman can perform an incomplete materialization.
"I can feel it...... the influx of power! Is this the power of Freezon Energy!? With this power, it's possible that I can perform an incomplete materialization!"
Just like Giganter, the Dimensional Parasite Monsters have dimensional shields. However, Gridman in the form of the Grid Suit is able to pierce these shields, as Gridman in this form can cancel the dimensional shields. Gridmans agile movement is thanks to Hikari's excellent physicality.
A Dimensional Parasite Monster melts Gridmans Beam Gun. In response, Gridman manifests the Emulate Thunder Axe from his energy.
Hikari swings the Emulate Thunder Axe to create an electromagnetic storm and wipe out the entire swarm of monsters.
Surprisingly, Hikari didn't stop her attack yet──she swings her Emulate Thunder Axe to create an electromagnetic storm──and finally wiping out the entire swarm of Dimensional Parasite Monsters.
The battle between Giganter and the Diaclone team created a massive crater on the surface of the Earth.
Gridman enters the Computer World of Landmaster via a passroute.
With that said, Gridman leaves the her Dia-Tector's Computer World, dives into the cable extending from the terminal──and rushes through the moving space Passroute in the cable.
Gridman enters the Landmasters Computer World and speaks with the Landmaster. This Computer World takes the form of an infinite city covered in glittering crystals, crystal-clouds, a jewel-like Sun overhead and even small crystal birds.
The development of the Grid Suit and the ability to bypass dimensional shields does not yet exist in the Landmasters databank, which he will need to defeat Giganter.
The Landmaster has analyzed Gridmans combat data during the fight in Tokyo City, and begins calculating the optimal solution for cancelling the Dimensional Wave Vibrations, which is how Giganter regenerates.
In addition, the Landmaster has analyzed Gridman's combat data at Tokyo City and begins to calculate the optimum solution for canceling the Dimensional Wave Vibration, which is the source of Giganter's regenerative ability.
As such, the Landmaster designs an Assist Weapon to cancel out dimensional wave vibrations by emmiting reverse wave photons; Thunder Crash Calibur!
However, there's a catch; the quartz needed to create such an assist weapon doesn't exist on Earth, and the engine the Diaclone Team have in development that allows fast travel across interplanetary distances is not yet completed.
Thankfully though, they don't need to travel to Europa to get this crystal, as Hikari has a small one in her locket! After scanning it, the Landmaster begins to synthesize it with 'a trillion speed.'
As this is happening, Giganter approaches Mount Fuji, which contains the largest source of Freezon Energy on the planet. The Landmaster simulates what would happen if it reached the Freezon Energy and devours it; the kaiju would grow to the size of the Earth, if not the size of the entire Solar System, and the Earth qould be condensed to an atomic size as a result of the super-gravitational field, causing it to disappear.
Hikari's body is wrapped in light and she's sucked into the Computer World.
Hikari's body wrapped in light and sucked into the display screen in front of her ── she's transferred into the Computer World.

And the next moment──Gridman fuses with Hikari.
Gridman travels through the Passroute space.
Gridman jumps out of the Passroute and attacks Giganter with the effects of a pseudo-blackhole to prevent the kaiju's instant regeneration.
In Landmasters Computer World, synthesizing the green crystal is still in progress.
On the other hand in Landmaster's Computer World ── synthesizing of the shiny green quartz and construction of the Thunder Crash Caliber are still in progress.
The Battle Hanger is materialized as a side effect of the multi-dimensional space crossing 'multi-dimensional space/universe' may be a mistranslation of 'multiverse,' as it often is).
After recovering all his energy, Battles Gridman crushes Giganters exoskeleton with his light bullets.
"Double Freezon Beam Cannon! Battles Photon Cutter Wing!"

The light bullets fired from the cannons on both shoulders ── the wings that turned into blades of light── crushes Giganter's exoskeleton one after another!
Giganter attacks Battles Gridman with a Dimension Fracturing Beam and Dimensional Blasting Bullets.
The Beast God Giganter grows even bigger as it starts to eat the Freezon Energy and spawns more limbs and heads, and Battles Gridmans attacks have no effect. If it continues to grow, the Earth will disappear.
Gigantor never stops growing as it continues to eat more Freezon Energy.
The massive Giganter continues to absorb Freezon Energy while fighting and never stops growing.
Thunder Crash Calibur tears through dimensions and strikes the Beast God Giganter, cancelling out its Dimension Wave Vibration. The Beast God Giganter then explodes and its death tears the sky and the earth, before collapsing in on itself and disappearing completely.
Gridman uses his Fixer Beam to repair both the Earth and the Moon.
The world is restored to its pre-distasterous state.
The world was restored by Gridman and returned to its pre-disastrous state.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An interview which talks greatly on the above story!

When the Hyper World of Gridman and the physical reality of Diaclone mixe, the Diaclone world temporarily becomes a Mixed Reality (combining the Hyper World, the physical world and Computer Worlds).
Giganter is a hyperdimensional monster with blackhole attributes, formed from the destruction of the Waruder's planet.
Gridman uses his Fixer Beam to revert the Diaclone World to how it was prior to the battle, meaning it's no longer a Mixed Reality anymore.
The idea of the virtual appearence of the Landmasters cyberspace being an infinitely-expanding futuristic crystal city was an idea they had from the beginning.
Takaya: The idea behind the basic virtual appearance of Landmaster's cyber space, including the image of an infinitely expanding crystal future city, was already envisioned before the restart.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Gurren Lagann manga has finally been fan translated in it's entirety! Thank you for a fantastic job done! I will definately look into this in the future...

In regards to missing Imgur links, if there's anything you'd like to see again, let me know and I'll retrieve the scan from my hard drive.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Incredible news! Those who have been paying attention may have remembered I posted scans from the Gurren Lagann Archives, which had more references to 'Simon's multiverse' and 'Yoko's multiverse.' Well...I tracked down the official English version of the Gurren Lagann Archive to see what it has to say, and what do you know?
The official English version (translated by someone who probably hasn't even seen any of my respect threads and likely cares nothing for respect threads), translated it to say the exact thing my friends who can read Japanese said it says; that each member of Team Super Galaxy have their own multiverse in the Labyrinth. Not only is this something that has been said for over a decade, it's now been said in plain English.

However, there is one mistranslation on one page refering to 'Simon's multidimension' and 'Yoko's multidimension'.
(The text describing the images below are pretty small, so if need be I can reupload them with a bigger size, but you can still make out it says 'Simon's multiverse' and 'Yoko's multiverse'.)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In an interview, Hiroyuki Imaishi and Hiromi Wakabayashi say that with all of their works, regardless of whether they're original, based on a manga or set in the pre-existing world of a game, that on top of being able to enjoy working on the particular project, that whoever they're partnering with to create the project has to allow them to make it a Trigger anime, not just an intellectual property that was animated by them. Imaishi also says he tries to make something new for each project.
As for what unannounced titles there may be in the future (other than Delicious in Dungeon and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt season 2), Imaishi says he wishes to make a Fast & the Furious anime called The Fast & the Furious: T (T obviously standing for Trigger, but only time will tell if this comes to fruition or not), and that Trigger don't follow a trend, and just do what they enjoy doing most.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Reposting the Gridman Universe novelization translations because Imgur sucks now and we can't have nice things.
The introduction to the Multiverse, which has Rikka think of how the universe is composed of countless stars and galaxies (further evidence that Computer Worlds are universes). It goes on to say that there are potentially infinite worlds in the Multiverse, and these worlds may have always existed seperately or branched out from a single point (such as a Big Bang).
As Yomogi starts having an existiential crisis about his world, everyone he cares about and himself being creations of Gridman, Rikka and Utsumi tell him that they are artificial lifeforms created by a goddess called Akane Shinjo. However, the fact that they're artificial doesn't matter, as their lives, experiences and emotions are real. Anosillus the Second goes on to say that humans have the power to make fiction a reality, and gives the example of how someone getting invested in a TV show (such as Utsumi with Ultraman), would make that work of fiction real temporarily. She then goes on to say that it's possible for an author who thinks their real may actually be fictional and given that role in a story, or a story that is considered fictional may actually be it's own universe as big as the ones the people watching it consider real. This is in addition to there being Computer Worlds and artificial lifeforms in these worlds, and how life is life, regardless of whether it's real, artificial or fictional. This would imply that there are different universes not only within computers, but also works of fiction. I wonder how far up and down this goes?
All versions of Gridman are canon in their own world in the Gridman Universe (all of the spinoff novels and manga, and from the sounds of it possibly even the crossover games, as I see references to robot fights and apps).
Gridman the Universe Fighter embodies all of the stories about Gridman, even ones fantasies about by those who've witnessed Gridman.
I should hopefully recover the others later.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There's a new trailer and poster for Delicious in Dungeon! The release date is the 4th of January! Meanwhile, I finally have volume 12 of the manga, and I'll read it soon...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Delicious in Dungeon will air several episodes each week, in multiple languages. Hopefully we'll also hear more news about the final two volumes of Delicious in Dungeon having an English release too.

Trigger is hard at work on the Delicious in Dungeon anime. After which, we're likely to hear more news on PSG S2. And who knows what else Trigger is hard at work on? Until then... Happy New Year!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Delicious in Dungeon anime is out now! I will watch it soon, and compare it to the manga, but first, to catch up on the manga, as I finally read volume 12...
The Winged Lion shares the memories of all the other demons in all the other dungeons, as they're all parts of the same entity, that being the other dimension where infinity exists. This dimension is the source of mana, and it can be said that the entire dungeon is a part of the Winged Lion. The Winged Lions goal is to expand the dungeon so it covers the entire world, then it would be able to feed of the desires of everyone. World in context means at minimum the planet (as the diagram shows the expansion of the dungeon/mana across the planet), but it may be higher.

The island splits open (likely due to the Winged Lion as its power grows), and the dungeon seems to have another dimensional aspect to it, being able to fit landmasses like the golden country inside, and there's a dark space where Marcelle creates things to grant the wishes of her companions (the golden country, I can't remember it's name, also had stars above it).

As the dungeon master, Marcelle summons armies of monsters, including a quetzalcoatl and many red dragons.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Now, the long task of restoring the relevant scans that Imgur in all their stupidity deleted...

Spiral Power is drawn not just from spiral galaxies, but spiral galaxies in another dimension.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Shigeto Koyama has implied that Trigger will continue to create more series in the spirit of Gurren Lagann!

In other news, I have started watching the Delicious in Dungeon anime! So far the feats are about the same level as the manga, although there are a few more feats here and there (such as the Red Dragon shattering stone with its tail).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trigger have made a short collaboration anime with Lotte Chocolate Business, animated by Yoh Yoshinari. The clip features multiple witches singing and dancing to 'Chocolate Cadabara' (with the girl in the red dress being able to turn into chocolate, and the witches flying on magic with brooms).

Looking more into it though, it seems this will be an entire music video out on the 31st of this month. Not only that, but this video clip actually has lore behind it. From the above youtube video description, three girls go on an adventure between the worlds of 'science, magic and reality' (if this is metaphorical or literal we will have to wait and see).
The official website reveals even more. The first girl lives a realistic life despite being in a fantasy world, and fights against reason and instinct to preserve herself (she also somewhat resembles Zero Two).
A girl who lives a realistic life despite being in a fantasy world.

A central character who fights against reason and instinct to preserve herself.
科学を信じ、科学的に全てを考える。

常に現実的に考える理性的な女の子。
The second girl believes in science and thinks about everything scientifically, rationally and realistically. She also looks like Croix (this is very important).
Believe in science and think about everything scientifically.

A rational girl who always thinks realistically.
The third girl uses magic and doesn't believe in science, and trusts her instincts somewhere between reality and fantasy.
They use magic and don't believe in science.

A girl who trusts her instincts, somewhere between reality and fantasy.
More as this develops in the near future!

TheDoctor12th

Just got digital version of "GRIDMAN UNIVERSE 超全集" and “GRIDMAN UNIVERSE CHARACTER CONCEPT DESIGN”.
Here are some information that I think may be potentially important.

Attachments

• _CUYRTQQJ97D%LC[RY3%L3V.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 4
  • V}PUDPBW[9XFB[75L}MG5BS.png
    562.2 KB · Views: 4
  • VN`VLF%8@8Y16P_NR1Q3_H2.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 4

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Just got digital version of "GRIDMAN UNIVERSE 超全集" and “GRIDMAN UNIVERSE CHARACTER CONCEPT DESIGN”.
Here are some information that I think may be potentially important.
And these
Thank you for all of these! The last one in particular (which says Gridmans Fixer Beam fixed all the worlds Mad Origin affected).
Is there another upcoming KLK DB?