• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Maddie

Acclaimed
What are the chances we'll ever get a Shin Gurenn Lagann in the vein of Shin Gojira, Ultraman, and Evangelion?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
What are the chances we'll ever get a Shin Gurenn Lagann in the vein of Shin Gojira, Ultraman, and Evangelion?
I don't think that will happen IMO. Gurren Lagann's story is done and Imaishi, Nakashima and the others behind it seem pretty satisfied with how it ended (IIRC the Eva Rebuild was made because Anno wasn't happy with Eva's original ending).

What's more likely is we'll have more new series in the spirit of Gurren Lagann (such as KLK and Promare).

Maddie

Acclaimed
Would it be more accurate to say the Anti-Spiral Dimension is just its own universe amongst infinite others, or is it hierarchically a higher plane of existence? If so is it just above the main universe or all other universes?

Maddie

Acclaimed
I think I have proof that the galaxies in the Anti-Spiral Universe are themselves universes. That's because according to Brian Greene's brane multiverse theory, brane-universes are created when two branes are collided and merged creating a new big bang, well what does the Anti-Spiral use to create his Infinity Big Bang Storm?

Maddie

Acclaimed
Also is there a pdf for 劇場版天元突破グレンラガン仕事魂 anywhere? This is the guide which supposedly says the galaxies are universes

Lastly, is there actual proof Simon transcends the scope of the Anti-Spiral Realm in the final clash?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nice work ! It's always satsifying seeing other sites using the scans I found. One thing though, this...
I think refers to the Multiverse rather than the Anti-Spiral dimension (I'm pretty sure there are other references to the Anti-Spiral dimension being infinite; I'll have a look). However, when Simon and Team Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren are thrown into the Labyrinth, we see different versions of him, and the universes in the Labyrinth are represented as stars (which the Anti-Spiral watches over from their dimension, plus the branes thing could imply this anyway).
I don't know if there's a PDF of Work Soul sorry (I have a physical edition, but it's nice to have a PDF too).

As for transcending the scope of the Anti-Spiral dimension in the final clash, Work Soul mentions that during their final class (between the two Super Giga Drills) they shake the Universe and go beyond time and space.
The friction between the spiral that calls for evolution and the reaction spiral that shuts off evolution shakes the Universe and transcends space and time.
I'd love to see more on what Nakashima meant by this (and the probability functions of the Super Spiral Space), but I can't find them anywhere. Apparently the DVD commentaries say more, but I don't know enough Japanese yet to translate them...

Maddie

Acclaimed
Thanks. If you can find proof it would be helpful

I don't know if there's a PDF of Work Soul sorry (I have a physical edition, but it's nice to have a PDF too).

Could you potentially skim the guidebook to pages you think might have this discussion about galaxies = universes and take photos? If you don't have anyhting to scan them I can myself with my phone.

As for transcending the scope of the Anti-Spiral dimension in the final clash, Work Soul mentions that during their final class (between the two Super Giga Drills) they shake the Universe and go beyond time and space.

Is there anything else, maybe about the Super Spiral Dimension? Any quotes about them transcending time, space, and the Anti-Spiral Universe would great

I'd love to see more on what Nakashima meant by this (and the probability functions of the Super Spiral Space), but I can't find them anywhere. Apparently the DVD commentaries say more, but I don't know enough Japanese yet to translate them...

Know any Japanese knowledgable users on any site that might know?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Time to reupload more of the scans from the dreaded Imgur purge. From Promare Hyper Fire Storyboard Book, the core of the Promare contains 'infinitely continuing triangular space.' This could either refer to the core being infinite or the fissure between worlds (in which the distance between universes is infinite). Either way it's impressive.
(I will have to make another gif for this)

When Galo de Lion punches the Earth, it actually brings the Promare into our universes (or causes the two universes to overlap, even if just locally).
When I made this, several frames, the wireframe of the main star of Promare in the parallel universe

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sorry for the late reply, but the two references to galaxies being universes from Work Soul are the only references I know (again; I hear the Japanese DVD audio commentary had more, but I don't have that). Similarly with the Super Spiral Dimension (which is the most esoteric aspect of Gurren Lagann, and one of the most impressive; from what I've gathered, it's a space containing all possibilities (at least relating to a certain entity, such as Simon or Gurren Lagann or the other pilots) and by choosing and manifesting different possibitlities they can manifest different weapons (this is how LordGenome was there for the final battle too).

Also don't quote me on this because my source is Japanese Wikipedia (with a source of 'Nakashima said it somewhere'), but apparently the super spiral space creates (or solidifies) the universes in which different possible outcomes happen, which is how TTGL moves faster than light (eg. the possibility that Gurren Lagann takes a step forward exists, so whenever it moves forward it manifests and materialises the universes that leads to whichever actions are taken; so an extension of Observer Theory in which said possibilities are actively selected and manifested by the power of the Super Spiral Space).

I still need a bunch more evidence for this, but it's something I'll definately look a lot more into.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Time to repost more lost scans. Simon's power in the Galactic Spiral Abyss is akin to a universe being created in each of Simons cells.
(The segment in particular which refers to universes being created in each of Simons cells)
(Kanji of the relevant text)

Maddie

Acclaimed
That's 36 trillion times universal

This is SGGL right?

When it says universe here do you think it means an entire quantum multiverse the universe actually is or just a single universe?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That's 36 trillion times universal

This is SGGL right?

When it says universe here do you think it means an entire quantum multiverse the universe actually is or just a single universe?
Yes that's Super Galaxy (Dai-Gurren to be exact, this happens in the Galactic Spiral Abyss).

I'm not sure sorry. It's possible that it's the former, but at the least it's the latter.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I'm gonna assume the latter because TTGL is just on the level of multiple multiversal labyrinths as it stands. so making SGGL 36 trillion times universal is more sensible.

How many statements are there about transcending or surpassing the Anti-Spiral Dimension and/or space, time, and/or dimesnions?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There's a few. I'll see if I can get them all again...

The Anti-Spiral transcends time and space and controls the multiple dimensions.
(Relevant text)
(From Final Drill)

The Anti-Spiral is unbound by time or gravity.
(I'll need to find the full scan for this one again, but here's the relevant text...)
When the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann throws, the Ashtanga-class fleet is destroyed. And, in front of the giant Nia, something like a small, black, irregular-shaped humanoid body floats. It's a stop unbounded by time and gravity.
(From Work Soul)

The Anti-Spiral Homeworld is made of an unknown substance that doesn't radiate or reflect, and exists in it's own space-time.
(Relevant text)
(Relevant text)
(From the Gurren Lagann novelization - Volume 4)

Simon when escaping from the Labyrinth sees every version of himself, past, present and future. and merges with them.
(Relevant text)
(Gurren Lagann novelization, volume 4)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a power greater than dimensions and time.
(From the Gurren Lagann novelization, volume 4)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is formed from all of the emotions and experiences and possibilities of it's pilots (and all Gurren Laganns), past, present and future.
(Relevant text)
Feelings and wishes, remorse and hope, past and future, The ultimate evolution of Gurren Lagann created by swallowing everything about ourselves. The giant covered in green flames is the biggest thing a human or mediator has created.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is seen from beyond dimensions.
(Relevant text)
The figure covered in flames and stepping on the galaxy has been witnessed beyond dimensions.
(From Final Drill)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Another important scan to save; a single Ashtanga dreadnaught exploding is enough to shake an entire universe.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Recovering another few scans of interest.

The Multiversal Radio Station is a mysterious radio station which can send and receive radio signals across the Multiverse, and appears in Yoko Portraits. Miss Yomoko (or a version of Miss Yomoko) has a show on this radio station where she answers peoples questions.
Yoko Portraits - Page 50 said:
A mysterious radio station that can receive radio waves from the Multiverse. Our teacher Yomako will solve the difficult questions sent be listeners! What kind of questions will you receive?
Yoko Portraits - Page 50 said:
This is the Multiverse Universe Broadcasting Station. It looks like you have a lot of questions today. I, Yomako-sensei, will answer everyone's questions in the "O-shi-e-te Yomako-sensei" corner. So what's the first question?
Yomako throws a piece of chalk at a version of Kamina (meaning that radio Yomako can throw chalk across parallel universes).
Viral (or a version of Viral in the Multiverse) says that even as an infinite Beastman, Leeron makes him afraid (infinite beastman likely refers to the fact that he's immortal).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In the OVA version (and likely the main show, as leylines are required to reach Luna Nova), Luna Nova exists in another dimension.