Workout Thread

ClannadFan

The OG Dango
V.I.P. Member
Week 2 weighing in at 194. Goal for next week is 192. Started hitting legs again, but taking it easy for now. Also started taking creatine a few days ago, that usually makes me gain weight so we'll see what happens with that. Bench felt weak this week.
Week 3 weighing in at 193. Not gonna lie, I wasn't that strict with my diet this week. Gonna get back on track. Hoping for 191 next week.

Garcher

started going to the gym two months ago. I had been doing some shitty home workouts for a while but decided it wasn't enough to compensate for basically not doing any real sports (or generally having a physically active lifestyle) since I got a PC as a kid lol. need to get that body fat percentage down

Last edited:

Delta Shell

Preeminent
started going to the gym two months ago. I had been doing some shitty home workouts for a while but decided it wasn't enough to compensate for basically not doing any real sports (or generally having a physically active lifestyle) since I got a PC as a kid lol. need to get that body fat percentage down
If you get to try a bunch of sports you like it's a great way to work out and enjoy it. I recommend sports to everyone.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Got absolutely murked by everyone at Jiu Jitsu last night. Rolling with a messed up hand is difficult AF. Was all taped up so can't post on it, can't grab. Was probably my most difficult session in a long time. I actually feel battered today.

I'm hoping when it heals it'll mean I magically level up :mjlol

I also joined a swanky new gym with a spa and rooftop pool all that shit. It's FULL of instagram people though which is semi annoying and everyone is super good looking which is kinda :blobfacade (a lot of PEDs are being taken here lol).

Sigismund

I'm about 175-180 atm, but I overworked my shoulder so had to take a bit off

I'm a bit fucked up in while I can't do unassisted pull ups I can do Dips like a mother fucker compaired.

I tend to do 4 reps of 8/7/6 Dips, 4 reps of 10 Negative Pull-ups, 4 sets of Curls, and assorted angled pushups

is squatting even exercise for a slav?

pretty sure y'all come out the womb squatting
To be fair the whole slav category is a bit more complicated than that. Yes we are slavs but south ones, meaning whatever the russians or polish or whatever are known for in stereotypical sense we largely don't do. Squatting is one of those things, I have not seen a single person be it a toddler or old man ever squat unless maybe at night during wife appreciation duties.

However we do this a lot and I have done it twice in my life so far, once in a remote mountain village (they actually gave me a boiled goat skull when I said I love biology and would like one, I was like 11 lol) and also in middle school when I was taking folk dance lessons (you guys never ask me anything outside my bug sphere so yeah). I doubt I can anymore as I am now even taller and slower :skully

Or you know what... Go full pagan and reconnect with nature by walking on "fire", you know.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Been hitting the gym again. Haven't flat benched in about 2-3 months. Was unbelievably weak. Gonna have to get that muscle memory to kick in. It's crazy how fast you can lose strength.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Moving this thread to the General Discussion section instead of this shitpost section. I'm also going to sticky it because I believe health and fitness are hot topics, especially in pandemic times.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
When you realize that grip strength is one of the most important factors in not just overall strength, but also your potential mortality rate...

The deadlift is pretty much the king of exercises.

Reactions: Ral
I need to get back into working out. I've signed up for these workouts at the beginner level because it's been over a year or more since I've committed to anything serious with a workout. I was heavily reliant on sports for most of my workouts.

Reactions: Ral
Back