• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked Baki Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frinckles

Paramount
I agree with this. The only thing I liked was that it did seem like genuine excitement in knowing the flavour of the game and then throwing out potential mafia roles/character combinations based on what he knows. Came off as towny opposed to like someone that is trying to look good off inflatef post count.
Scum can be excited about flavor too.

Magic

Resplendent
Scum can be excited about flavor too.
They sure can and as stated they can just hide behind setup talk the whole time but it was him hypothizing about potential role/character combos that made me feel as though he's excited town opposed to scum trying to hide behind flavour spec.

Frinckles

Paramount
They sure can and as stated they can just hide behind setup talk the whole time but it was him hypothizing about potential role/character combos that made me feel as though he's excited town opposed to scum trying to hide behind flavour spec.
So then would you say you agree with Jinri or Hayumi more? That it's generally scum motivated or NAI?

Magic

Resplendent
So then would you say you agree with Jinri or Hayumi more? That it's generally scum motivated or NAI?
The former. If someone is just talking about setup talk the entire time they're more than likely to be scum. There are some exceptions(I believe rej did it on a game on here but he didn't exclusively hunt off setup).

Setup spec is a way to hide behind pushing silly shit or switching positions on a wagon with little to no thought required in terms of scum/town motivations.

Frinckles

Paramount
Where are you going with this frickles? Is this apart of your APPROACH?
Yes but you answered sufficiently and avoided my trap cards. Wanted a mention on how Xeno actually provided meta reads but I'm pretty much good with this because it's not worth making D1 about.

Hayumi

Illustrious
The former. If someone is just talking about setup talk the entire time they're more than likely to be scum. There are some exceptions(I believe rej did it on a game on here but he didn't exclusively hunt off setup).

Setup spec is a way to hide behind pushing silly shit or switching positions on a wagon with little to no thought required in terms of scum/town motivations.
Just to put my 2 cents in. If we are talking about "the entire time" then I would agree. No need to keep tooting your horn about flavor setup talk. I think if town a little speculation at the start is understandable and NAI, but anymore and it starts to look like you don't have anything else to comment on.

Grammaton

Consigliere
Vote Aurelian

I’m not really enthused by the thread as it stands, so let’s see what shakes loose!

Frinckles

Paramount
That arc was fun to watch, the convicts jobbed hard in the end, but the fighting aspect was decent. Anyway, do you think that all five convicts are in this setup? Five mafia for 16 players would be a bit to much, right?
I'm debating whether the bolded section is some form of TMI and I don't really much else from this slot. Hope voting tags work since I can't find a button! [vote]bachi[/vote]

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
I have a bit of knowledge on the flavor so i'd like to do a few predictions for the scum team's abilities.

Yanagi: Poisoner. Obvious, his whole thing is poison in the series. From what I remember how poisoning works in mafia, it's usually a delayed kill.

Dorian: Redirector, maybe? I remember aside from fighting dirty, hypnosis being a major ability of his.

Speck, and Sikorsky: I have no idea tbh. Speck's whole thing is being able to hold his breath really long so he can continuously combo his attacks without interruption. And Sikorsky's thing is his immense gripping power letting him climb pretty much any surface.
I think I've seen this movie before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back