Bleach Thread

Yeah, I'm gonna piss you off with this(Though you already know my thoughts about Komamura's end):

9/10

It's pretty much for the reasons you state why you hate it and it's because I do believe it's actually a fitting ending for Komamura. For all of his talk of being the better guy in terms of being able to talk down Tousen, he was always seconds away from being a rageful beast(This is shown even in his near battle with Kenpachi Zaraki). He has consistently shown he is loyal to Yamamoto to a fault so his death would absolutely rattle him beyond belief. And yes, while he was able to understand his rage moment against Aizen was stupid till Ichigo stopped him by coming in, he still nearly did it.

Komamura's end was always going to be similar to Tousen's and it was always stated that way since their own battle in FKT. They are both people who ultimately go by justice and peace but ultimately harbor dark sides that consumed them. Yeah, I can understand you hating Tousen means you hate how Komamura ended which is why you call him "Discount Tousen" but honestly, I liked Tousen alot and Komamura was one of my favorite Captains so I see it as a compliment on my end.

Either way, the rest of the episode was really good, I'm surprised that they showed the entirety of Mask vs. the Leiutenants the Manga never did and have Rosee AND Kensei show up at the same time(I'm certain Kensei showed up then Rose). I may have to look into what the hell happened to Ichigo though.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
5/10 It was okay, not particularly good and not particularly bad

At least this fight is a little back and forth with the Lieutenant and Kensei portion, the Renji portion was always one-sided so there was only so much they could do with it. It doesn't help that this is the second episode in a row where one of the coolest looking Bankai in the series is replaced with a way worse design.

But hey, Nazi gets incinerated BY A SOUL REAPER and that's always going to be a plus, rather than watching the stupid fuckers killing each other off or being killed by their own dumbass boss. :maybe

5/10 It was okay, not particularly good and not particularly bad

At least this fight is a little back and forth with the Lieutenant and Kensei portion, the Renji portion was always one-sided so there was only so much they could do with it. It doesn't help that this is the second episode in a row where one of the coolest looking Bankai in the series is replaced with a way worse design.

But hey, Nazi gets incinerated BY A SOUL REAPER and that's always going to be a plus, rather than watching the stupid fuckers killing each other off or being killed by their own dumbass boss. :maybe

Pretty much echo the same statement. It's pretty clear this was a throwaway episode which makes it pretty clear that people are smoking some massive wacky tabaccy if they think that the 2nd Invasion isn't going to be a 2 Parter before we get to the Soul Palace.

Rose and Kensei vs. Mask was way too short and it would be redundant to make it longer in any real fashion, same with Mash vs. Renji.

They do make it more obvious how Mask defeated Rose isn't some stupid shit but a literal goddamned handicap that only Mask or other high regen characters can do without crippling themselves(not to mention a sneak attack Rose didn't see coming). They actually took away a few extra attacks Mask did against Renji which I'm surprised they did(For instance, they removed Mask hitting Renji with his "Death Punch" or "His attack that amplifies his Strength x10 over") unless it was literally all combined in that barrage which makes Renji being able to take ALL of those hits being x10 Mask's usual strength insanely impressive...

But that's something Kubo or the Anime Team will have to state.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
8/10 Best episode of this cour and it's not even close, only let down as I said by the stupid execution still happening and Byakuya's interference. Only Yamamoto vs Royd and Ichigo vs Mustache top this and I can't see that changing since it really is all down hill from here.

Rukia's Bankai looked stunning as expected, although I really would have rathered they not have the ending them playing over it. You could have the ending credits but just pick a different theme like the one that was playing while she was thawing.

As Nodt's voice actor once again put the fucking work in and I did like how absolutely insane he sounded once he used Vollstanding. Almost like he was screaming every line, the english VA gonna have to put the work in to match this performance.

Kenpachi vs Gremmy next, well that's a dud. Not only one of the worst fights in this arc but one of the worst fights in this series. It's only not going to be the worst episode of this cour because Discount Tousen was a thing.

Yeah this was a really good episode 9/10.
While I'm not a fan of the execution scene either, I honestly liked them actually working the Byakuya scene alot better and them going full creepy atmosphere with As Nodt's final appearance.
Unlike Adamant, I'm actually a huge fan of Gremmy so this is one of the rare fights I will like regardless so...

8/10

Yeah despite what it looks like, I am a massive Gremmy fan so I genuinely liked this episode outside of a few points(primarily kinda wished they went further than make it a 1:1 with the Manga).
They are even moreso on the nose of Yachiru being Kenpachi's Zanpaktou Spirit than the Manga was and animation absolutely flowed damn well at points.
It does suck that it's basically Kenpachi's last real fight to not get anything else but we do know we will get Ichigo destroying folks next episode.

But it does make me think that this Cour IS going to end at Yhwach vs. Ichibei which feels way too fast considering we will still have 2 more cours and I doubt the fights with the Schutzstaffel and Uryu and Haschwalth will be extended. And even for this Cour, we still have 5 episodes to go which we haven't gotten a "new fight" yet which definitely feels like Ichigo vs. Uryu Round 1 as there's no way to extend the 2nd Invasion otherwise at the pace they are going.

The true question is: The fuck is the Final Cour going to be at this rate? Are they really going to adapt CFYOW into the Thousand Year Blood War Anime? Because it absolutely feels they are going to adapt it.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
4/10

The faster pace actually did help the fight a lot, I didn't hate watching it. BUT it's still a boring one-sided thrashing of Kenpachi just tanking everything and Gremmy inevitably killing himself due to being one of the shittiest reality warpers I've ever seen.

Taking out Askin and Haschwalth's reactions was a good call, it leads to fewer misunderstandings from people who genuinely use those reactions to "prove" Gremmy (and therefore Base/Shikai Kenpachi) is stronger than them, despite both being the type to overreact to things (one of them very deliberately so).

So yeah it wasn't the worst episode in this arc or this cour, but that isn't really saying much.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
7/10 Ichigo got to show his power by humiliating the Nazis, to the point they couldn't even do anything even when he was tunnel visioned on Mustache. :mjha

Also basically confirms Skaverei can't be used on opponent's much stronger than the user as if that were an option, the Nazis absoutely would have done it here. :maybe

I enjoyed the exchange with Uryu and most importantly, ma boy CHAD getting top tier feats, now he just needs a fucking on-screen fight (and a re-write to his ending so it doesn't shit on his entire character) and I'll be a happy man.

8/10

It's funny they give an extended fight scene to Ichigo vs. the Femritters which I'm honestly okay with... but I find it funnier that it just further shows that the Quincies cannot work together for shit under Yhwach's reign... which actually makes a truly hilarious amount of sense(Since again, Yhwach needs death to continue on that means he also should want his soldiers to want to kill each other on a bad day to keep him cognizant).

The Remix of Number One is Chef's Kiss magnificent, it's not above the remix in the return but I would say it's the 2nd best version.

Chad gets as insane gains as Orihime did which just makes it more of a shame he doesn't participate in the Final Battle or fights a Sternritter.

Oh right @Adamant soul we missed something damn important the episode tosses in a few throwaway lines.

When Yhwach explains that his true goal was the Royal Palace, Shunsui states that he figured their extermination was never the true goal but the Soul King was and Mayuri states the Royal Guards HAD TO HAVE KNOWN this was going to be the case so why did they ALLOW IT.

It basically confirms what the rest of the Anime is going with and showing that yeah, even the high end Soul Reapers know something is truly fishy as hell and they are going to go all in on Ichibei being an absolute piece of shit. The Anime is absolutely going to turn shit around.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh right @Adamant soul we missed something damn important the episode tosses in a few throwaway lines.

When Yhwach explains that his true goal was the Royal Palace, Shunsui states that he figured their extermination was never the true goal but the Soul King was and Mayuri states the Royal Guards HAD TO HAVE KNOWN this was going to be the case so why did they ALLOW IT.

It basically confirms what the rest of the Anime is going with and showing that yeah, even the high end Soul Reapers know something is truly fishy as hell and they are going to go all in on Ichibei being an absolute piece of shit. The Anime is absolutely going to turn shit around.
Yeah the fact that they've done this much of arc so quickly makes it all the more likely that they're going to re-work what's left, since there isn't really enough material for 2 more cours if they're just adapting it straight up

MusubiKazesaru

Illustrious
Super Moderator
8/10

It's funny they give an extended fight scene to Ichigo vs. the Femritters which I'm honestly okay with... but I find it funnier that it just further shows that the Quincies cannot work together for shit under Yhwach's reign... which actually makes a truly hilarious amount of sense(Since again, Yhwach needs death to continue on that means he also should want his soldiers to want to kill each other on a bad day to keep him cognizant).

The Remix of Number One is Chef's Kiss magnificent, it's not above the remix in the return but I would say it's the 2nd best version.

Chad gets as insane gains as Orihime did which just makes it more of a shame he doesn't participate in the Final Battle or fights a Sternritter.
NGL I feel like the remix of Number One didn't land for me. I think I'd place this as worse than the one last season and of course worse than the original.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
6/10 It was pretty good, honestly better than I was expecting given how much this part of the manga seems to get shit on.

Ikkaku and Yumichika vs Zombie Bambi does a good job of emphasizing how much weaker the zombies are than their living versions, which makes Hitsugaya seem all the more impressive as even his weaker zombie version was deemed an issue by Mayuri.

And I'm also really glad they didn't show Bambietta's death scene 'cause it's just gratuitous and unnecessary. Especially when what is there already is disturbing enough. It's even funnier that people would defend Giselle when if anything, he SMILES when Yumichika reveals it, it's not like it bothered him to have it revealed.

Hoping for more Renji and Rukia vs Bazz and more of Byakuya's fight with the five Nazis but i'm not sure we'll get it.

5/10

It's honestly average, the more entertaining part is people raging about Yumichika hating transpeople because he dared to put Giselle on the spot and laughing at them for it or them trying to make excuses for Giselle that makes no sense(Apparently Kubo isn't correct that Giselle is a boy because... a transgender said so... yeah that makes sense...).

It's not a bad episode and I'm looking more forward to Undead Hitsugaya beating some ass.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
6/10 A great first half is kind of let down by the Pepe shit but still good overall.

The fact even a weakened Zombie Hitsugaya pretty much kills Mayuri instantly the second he goes Bankai every time is pretty telling of how insanely Hitsugaya is at this point. Never mind Mayuri needing the auto-react sensor so as to not get shredded by base/Shikai Hitsugaya.

Was fun watching the death of any notion of Robert only being an "average Sternritter" and somehow "weaker than the Femritters" as he forced Byakuya into Bankai while the Femritters didn't even want to fight him without Pepe. Still would like to know his schrift but the odds of that happening are pretty slim at this point.

Now we need to see what they do with Division 0.

Finally getting the chance to see the episode:

7/10

Pretty much the same as Adamant but considering I'm a Hitsugaya fan, it gets a point in seeing how insane Hitsugaya is basically utterly destroying Lieutenants, Fraccion and insta-killing Mayuri in Bankai.
The rest of the episode loses steam after Byakuya basically deals with the 3 Sternritter, though props to making Candice's and Nanana's losses less contrived(Even going back to a point brought up earlier in the season that Volstandigt takes alot of out of them to maintain) but it makes up for him basically speedblitzing the shit out of Sklaveri enhanced Volstandigt Robert with Bankai.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
8/10 Genuinely a very good episode, I liked it.

It doesn't make Mustache a good character, but the flashback with ichibei does a much better job of establishing his motivations and end goal for the invasion than the manga ever did and continues to push the more sinister side to ichibei. It also gives a MUCH better reason fro Mustache not having The Almighty until this point as it was literally stripped from him.

Squad Zero going ham on the Elites was still nice. Askin was STILL the only one who reacted to Oetsu at all, moving back to avoid the slash (at least enough to survive it) and it was to actually see another application for The Antithesis in the Sasuke Rinnegan-esque trick. Overall it was just a very enjoyable watch.

Also I feel the need to point out but when we cut to Renji, Rukia and Bazz, Renji was STILL in Bankai (and poised to attack) and Bazz was in Vollstanding (which he wasn't in before). :maybe

"Re..Renji totally only used Bankai to protect Rukia from the debris and not against Bazz."

Suck it Bazz B doubters.

9/10

The episode ultimately doesn't get changed too much but the flashback was so much needed, it's not even funny as:

>Ichibei actually met with the Licht Reich before they invaded the Soul Society for a non-aggression pact
>Yhwach knew of what happened with the Soul King for a long ass time with his Almighty but Ichibei fully proved it when negotiations went south
>Yhwach's goal is outright stated by himself in that flashback
>Ichibei somehow had the left arm of the Soul King grafted onto him and used it to seal Yhwach's Almighty
Meaning Ichibei used what we ultimately know as Pernida to permanently seal away Yhwach's Almighty and the nibba is grateful for it because he didn't want to see how badly they butchered his pops
It also showed how slimy Ichibei is as he would have fully allowed Yhwach to rule the World of The Living with no cost

Honestly, it gives alot of credence for Ichibei having more hatred for Yhwach than Yamamoto(Since Yhwach not only tries to defy the "natural order", he continually spits in Ichibei's face), the reasons why Yhwach keeps on doing what he does as he knows the "Worlds" they are currently in are false and he got the visions just like Ichigo did except constantly.

It legit fixes the biggest issue of the tail end of the arc in the manga that basically everything was spoken but we never got any info of it whatsoever.

The funny part is that people are saying that this uncharted territory... when it absolutely is(Yhwach only used the Auschwalen as soon as all of them dropped and THEN went to Ichibei, here he explicitly with Uryu's Anti-Thesis, explicitly just rushes to Ichibei instead, all but implying that Haschwalth and Uryu will fight the Royal Guard for a bit while Yhwach fights Ichibei and THAT'S when he will use Auschwalen. This is more explicit as Kirinji actually appeared earlier and tried to attack Yhwach too with the Soul King Guards and failed due to Nianzol, meaning shit has already been changed entirely.

EDIT: They also cut away Nimaya's mini-fight with Askin too... yeah, this is a huge ass change altogether.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
9/10 for both episodes.

The Zero Division live up to their hype, while also letting the Elite Nazis show off their abilities, the Auswalen scene was well done and Ichibei vs Mustache was pretty damn good for being as short as it was.

I'm not sure why they decided to end on a cliffhanger, unless for whatever reason they believe people are rooting against the Zero Division at this point. I can assure on my front, that's definitely not the case. If anything, the more I see of the Zero Division, the more apparent it becomes how much more interesting and likable they are, both as characters and as villains than the Nazis so still rooting for them (even though I know they aren't going to win).

I did like the reminder that Urahara is willing to do whatever it takes to see victory here, just like my boy Shunsui even if I do wish I could grab him and prevent him from going where I believe he's going. This arc already has one shitty villain dragging it down, it doesn't need the other, just leave him to rot. :hmpf

I think Rukia vs As Nodt was still the best episode of the Cour but episode 13 is a close second.

Back