• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
he got the most boring generic mc design ive ever seen dawg
design wise, he is really mediocre, typical teen spiky haired hero with zero charisma

quality wise, from the summaries i read about him, all these years, from people who read it in the obd, he is also mediocre, the least

but

it's your opinion

like it is our opinions to say what we want about the series, after all it;s a matter of preference
Eh, I think Touma's actually a subversion of the generic Mc, it's something that can only be truly seen if you read the novels but past touma is as what you say a generic Mc. However, at the epilogue of the first volume he gets his memories erased. Meaning the Touma from the second volume and beyond is simply someone trying to imitate Touma Kamijou. And because the only reference for Touma Kamijou was a 'savior' this new Touma goes all in on that. To the point of literal insanity. Touma has an ends-justify-the-means mentality. This is something usually seen in villains and not heroes. But to Touma his end-goal is to make a happy world. So he'll be a hypocrite, lie, and fight as long as he can create this happy world.

I find that dichotomy interesting.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Eh, I think Touma's actually a subversion of the generic Mc, it's something that can only be truly seen if you read the novels but past touma is as what you say a generic Mc. However, at the epilogue of the first volume he gets his memories erased. Meaning the Touma from the second volume and beyond is simply someone trying to imitate Touma Kamijou. And because the only reference for Touma Kamijou was a 'savior' this new Touma goes all in on that. To the point of literal insanity. Touma has an ends-justify-the-means mentality. This is something usually seen in villains and not heroes. But to Touma his end-goal is to make a happy world. So he'll be a hypocrite, lie, and fight as long as he can create this happy world.

I find that dichotomy interesting.
Well said.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
i will give my honest opinion about touma, the day i begin reading to aru

the same day, mgrising 2 is released as well :mjlol
Fair. It's certainly not for everyone, and it's a LOT to read through.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
IMG_7504.jpg

E

Example

Unconfirmed
When it's 2022 and Goku & Vegeta still can't break through Universe+ levels despite all these power-ups :(

Maybe someday, someday.

This entire thread is basically 1 user having no idea what the hell he's talking about with Digimon and everyone having to tell him how bullshit the Eaters are(and again this is pointless considering even a Champion level of certain ones is too much for Overlord).

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Because they think the individual Eaters are the only ones who can literally eat the "Code" of Overlord despite virtually any Digimon can fuck with Real Life like that as seen many, many fucking times.
the funny thing is the digital world actually predates the real world apparently. Data just seems to be one way digimon are expressed or something like that

Ironically enough, Ainz MIGHT be able to beat Touma at least. But that's a maybe. :mjlol

Better than the times Spacebattles legit believed Touma can defeat SERVANTS:

Like seriously, even if we try and play by To Aru's rules, Servants are still inconceivably faster and stronger than he is. How the hell they keep believing this crap as if Servants don't have 6th Senses for stuff like this or Mages who have an eye for stuff like this won't notice it either?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Better than the times Spacebattles legit believed Touma can defeat SERVANTS:

Like seriously, even if we try and play by To Aru's rules, Servants are still inconceivably faster and stronger than he is. How the hell they keep believing this crap as if Servants don't have 6th Senses for stuff like this or Mages who have an eye for stuff like this won't notice it either?
To be fair, it's kind of a weird situation. Although Servants do technically skillstomp and outmatch him physically, I'm not quite sure if they'd "blitz" him given that they are still supernatural entities, which his "precog"/reactions are specifically super effective against, so it's strange.
And not only that, it's not like he's fighting one-on-one with Servants in that thread, he's just replacing Shirou in the events of Stay/Night.

And I personally feel that although stuff like high level Clairvoyance could let them know about Imagine Breaker, I'm not sure if instinct would let them figure it out on their own, seeing as how it'd basically be a blindspot in their radar, unless I'm misremembering how it works. Mages ironically have a better shot because, well, they're still just humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back