• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
He's saying that DC and Marvel may have tried Infinitely Infinite characters that can destroy Universes just by stepping in them wrong and having to infinitely divide themselves just to get in there.
Marvel has never done something like that specifically, but as a concept It's pretty common.

Darkseid, The Infinities, abstracts needing to utilize extra-dimensional entities to even physically manifest and interact with the universe, etc. That is, beings who eclipse the universe. The most convoluted thing about comics is the sheer scale of things, and that's only if you are purposely trying to look at everything from a vs standpoint.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yeah I remember there was an entire thing where Darkseid’s true form could destroy the dc multiverse if he falls on it.

5d_true_form_darkseid_falling_onto_dc_multiverse_by_frisk863_dd47aou-fullview.jpg

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
A single member of the infinities was bullying Eternity and throwing him around like a ragdoll in the palm of his hand, you can even argue that was true form Eternity too.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
It basically killed itself and carried It's "Archtypes" to the heart of creation, ushering in the era of the fifth cosmos.

I could elaborate, but It's from a story so unbelievably corny and boring that I would rather kill myself than go back and get the specifics.
damn I actually thought they were setting up something cool for the future :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/ra...ists-in-power-skill-revisions-needed.1198852/
I like Yuma, I consider him my least favorite Yugioh protagonist but he's still good, so the rampant bashing he gets just makes me sad. It's like people went into ZEXAL, either gave up a few episodes in or just projected Yuma's season 1 incompetence onto the rest of the series.

Yes. Zexal was so bad I couldn't make it past like season 2 or 3. All he does is spam Hope and be shit.
Although this is particularly stupid.

He spams Hope no more than Yusei does Stardust Dragon, or Yugi uses Dark Magician. It's almost like these are their aces which a good chunk of their decks are built around this is nothing new. Nevermind Judai and Neos where it was only once in a blue moon you wouldn't see that thing used.

And Yuma actually does have a decent bit of variety, especially when he gets into duels with no Numbers involved and just uses the Onomatopoeia cards.

Nevermind the fact he breaks out of his "shit duelist" phase by the end of Season 1, a mere 20 episodes in. Like he's really not that bad guys, in fact he's pretty good by the end.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/ra...ists-in-power-skill-revisions-needed.1198852/
I like Yuma, I consider him my least favorite Yugioh protagonist but he's still good, so the rampant bashing he gets just makes me sad. It's like people went into ZEXAL, either gave up a few episodes in or just projected Yuma's season 1 incompetence onto the rest of the series.

Although this is particularly stupid.

He spams Hope no more than Yusei does Stardust Dragon, or Yugi uses Dark Magician. It's almost like these are their aces which a good chunk of their decks are built around this is nothing new. Nevermind Judai and Neos where it was only once in a blue moon you wouldn't see that thing used.

And Yuma actually does have a decent bit of variety, especially when he gets into duels with no Numbers involved and just uses the Onomatopoeia cards.

Nevermind the fact he breaks out of his "shit duelist" phase by the end of Season 1, a mere 20 episodes in. Like he's really not that bad guys, in fact he's pretty good by the end.
You can tell accountmakers taste is shit by how he praises Yuya
:hestonpls

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Like I said, I can agree with Othinus and whatever the fuck her ability is making her Universal but she just has 50/50 Probability of fucking it up and needing another Universal Artifact to balance it out...
I can agree with Corozaon getting the same scaling even if it's honestly botched out and feels like it depends too much on making a weapon equivalent to Gungnir and didn't really do anything as Accelerator just stopped it...

The Magic Gods though? No... no, no, no HELL NO. They feel like legit SCP characters we are supposed to take seriously and then the author kinda just went bullshit and weakened them severely through even more nonsensical crap just so they can be "viable"... and somehow still be above the rest of the cast even then?
Not even Marvel or DC pull this shit with their characters which is a fucking feat and a half. And yes, I would do the same thing if Nasu pulled this same type of character out of his ass.

There's a difference between a character just having so much power that the same deal happens... but that's just it and it's "more power" and then there's them.

Othinus' ability is just Phase manipulation. So reality warping basically.

I don't really see why the scaling with Coronzon is messy though. The narration outright states that the sword's offensive power is equivalent to Gungnir. It's very cut and dry.
And it DID do something to be fair, it "overpowered" Imagine Breaker (though really that was it being due to an Aeon of Horus attack, nothing more).
She only used the sword a couple of other times and it's even noted that if a human (pretty sure it was referring to Hamazura) successfully dodged it, it would've ended up cutting through the barrier around the Queen Britannia, which would have made Coronzon's plan fall apart essentially.

I personally don't see the Magic Gods as that complicated, unless you take the dividing their power infinitely deal too literally. I see your point though. It's not like they were brought up out of nowhere.
And DC or Marvel absolutely have done stuff in a similar vein.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Othinus' ability is just Phase manipulation. So reality warping basically.

I don't really see why the scaling with Coronzon is messy though. The narration outright states that the sword's offensive power is equivalent to Gungnir. It's very cut and dry.
And it DID do something to be fair, it "overpowered" Imagine Breaker (though really that was it being due to an Aeon of Horus attack, nothing more).

I personally don't see the Magic Gods as that complicated, unless you take the dividing their power infinitely deal too literally. I see your point though. It's not like they were brought up out of nowhere.
And DC or Marvel absolutely have done stuff in a similar vein.
its people trying to reverse scale the magic gods by comparing them to coronzon and going "multiply this back by infinity to get the power of the magic gods"

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
its people trying to reverse scale the magic gods by comparing them to coronzon and going "multiply this back by infinity to get the power of the magic gods"
Which doesn't work, because Coronzon works on completely different principles than they do.

You can arguably say Coronzon in the Abyss would be = to a Magic God in the Hidden World, but they literally can't interact at that point.

When nerfed twice (for the Magic Gods) and in a physical vessel (Coronzon), they're pretty much equal, with Coronzon probably being a step below. But they're like solar system+ in that state if you're being generous, potentially more but the scaling gets iffy at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back