• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know why you're comparing apples and oranges as if it mattered? Excalibur is a singular instance of being struck by heat. Decay is a constant disintegration that stops once what it's affecting is decayed.

It doesn't matter if Decay deals less 'damage' in 0.1s than Excalibur, because Decay lasts longer than Excalibur. Once it starts affecting Berserker it'll keep going until he's dusted, and since his lives aren't compartmentalized that means he'll die to it 13 times.

That's not... how God Hand works... you fucking idiot.
God Hand legit resets Heracles body entirely, nothing sticks around unless it's Hydra Venom which is Heracles conceptual weakness. There's a reason things like Excalibur and the like would take multiple lives but shit like Gae Bolg would do just one despite LITERALLY STOPPING THE ABILITY TO HEAL AT ALL AND SHREDS THE BODY TO PIECES.
This also fails to mention that Decay is NOT instant and CAN be resisted and God Hand explicitly grants resistance even if the technique doesn't kill him:
[B said:
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works Animation Material I Kinoko and Takashi Q & A p042[/B]]Q: With Berserker's Noble Phantasm God Hand, you gain resistance to an attack once you're hit by it, but do you only gain this resistance by having died once? Would the same attack be effective multiple times as long as it was before he died? <Madao Gingetsu>

Nasu: You don't have to die. For example... if you were to take fire damage, once you recover you would gain +100 resistance to fire.
Takeuchi: Oh, feels like it has been toned-down. Wouldn't it have completely nullified it before?
Nasu: I said it won't work, but I don't think I've ever said it'll be negated. BB: "Mine is to nullify all attacks, Macho-san's is to triple his defense! What's the difference!?" Heracles: "It's not even close (to your hacked ability)!"
Takeuchi: No matter how you put it, it's an overpowered skill.
This is what I mean when it comes to Siriel: He uses the knowledge of Fate explicitly to downplay and pretend he has better knowledge when he literally doesn't. This is as bad as basically somehow believing Holmes was talking about Servant Output when even TvTropes realized he was dead talking about if the Servants had access to Goetia's AAS.

Screenshot_20210611-190946.png

Again, Servants literally have such willpower, they can fuck with the flow of the World when it comes to it's concepts... Heracles did shit like this MORE THAN ONCE. Shigaraki's Decay somehow plowing through fucking God Hand and killing Heracles is the most retarded thing ever if SnS can resist being immediately dusted for quite a bit.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
>infinite acceleration
>that somehow meaning accelerators vector shield can keep up with the flash
To be fair, I don't recall Coronzon's sword ever being notably hard to dodge. It's sort of inconsistent. One time it requires Lilith to alter causality to block it, the other time Hamazura can dodge it (he didn't, but the narration implied it was possible, though Hamazura has EX level luck so 🤷‍♂️).

The best technical "speed feat" of the "shield" is blocking Esper teleportation, which explicitly has 0 time-lag.
So you'd really have to get into some upper end nonsense for the Flash to get through.

And is the Flash even at that level of speed on average anyway? I don't remember.
Plus, he's in-character. Flash the ultimate jobber :maybe

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
It's funny when Spacebattles primarily bitches that people take Fate/Star Wars/Elder Scrolls Feats too seriously at their word... and then proceed to do exactly that for To Aru...
Despite if you took everything at it's word for To Aru, it would be too much of a mess to use for VS. battles in the sense of how you do the hobby. That's also the same thing for other series that goes deep into it's mechanics to the point of abstract.
Yeah that's fair. They really gotta stop taking shit too literally for series in general, not just To Aru.
It's pretty dumb.

Yeah that's fair. They really gotta stop taking shit too literally for series in general, not just To Aru.
It's pretty dumb.

That's why you the most important thing you do when it comes to stuff like this is figure out if it even CAN be used in a VS. Debate in general. There's a reason why we completely frown upon SCP now and want nothing to do with it and why we have specifications on various power levels.
Hell, we primarily walked away from the Fate/Extra CCC wank in the past when it came to the quite frankly miserable TLs that came around(which VSB and ComicVine still uses to this day) because it primarily comes off way too outlandish even for Fate and secondly, it's later series Extella and FGO primarily goes against it completely by having CCC character explicitly be no stronger than they are against every other Servant outside of their ID_Es(They ARE stated to be broken and are usually seen as such in Events like Kingprotea being too much for most of the cast even with her nerf, Trash & Crash(Passionlip) is just broken incarnate, Meltryllis can be broken if she Melt Virus'd anyone she sees and Summer BB exists... but they aren't above everyone in canon or Multiversal Gods).

It's especially funny when they wank Outerversal Void Shiki despite the fact that The Root was never stated to be Multiversal(Hell, Zelretch's main power explicitly only affects the 1 Universes' Timeline, same with Aoko), Void Shiki herself is NOT the personification of the Root in canon and just the person who was closest to it, the Counter Force nearly snuffed her in the crib and how Nasu states that Void Shiki can only fight defensively against Servants is even IF she does have the power they say, it's not something she can just snap her fingers and just do on a dime.

But I'm not even sure what's dumber at this point, still using the incredibly outdated and nonsensical Extra/CCC translations which flies against the rest of the series... or pretend Bleach is Universal/Multiversal because people just can't read and assume shit.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That's why you the most important thing you do when it comes to stuff like this is figure out if it even CAN be used in a VS. Debate in general. There's a reason why we completely frown upon SCP now and want nothing to do with it and why we have specifications on various power levels.
Hell, we primarily walked away from the Fate/Extra CCC wank in the past when it came to the quite frankly miserable TLs that came around(which VSB and ComicVine still uses to this day) because it primarily comes off way too outlandish even for Fate and secondly, it's later series Extella and FGO primarily goes against it completely by having CCC character explicitly be no stronger than they are against every other Servant outside of their ID_Es(They ARE stated to be broken and are usually seen as such in Events like Kingprotea being too much for most of the cast even with her nerf, Trash & Crash(Passionlip) is just broken incarnate, Meltryllis can be broken if she Melt Virus'd anyone she sees and Summer BB exists... but they aren't above everyone in canon or Multiversal Gods).

It's especially funny when they wank Outerversal Void Shiki despite the fact that The Root was never stated to be Multiversal(Hell, Zelretch's main power explicitly only affects the 1 Universes' Timeline, same with Aoko), Void Shiki herself is NOT the personification of the Root in canon and just the person who was closest to it, the Counter Force nearly snuffed her in the crib and how Nasu states that Void Shiki can only fight defensively against Servants is even IF she does have the power they say, it's not something she can just snap her fingers and just do on a dime.

But I'm not even sure what's dumber at this point, still using the incredibly outdated and nonsensical Extra/CCC translations which flies against the rest of the series... or pretend Bleach is Universal/Multiversal because people just can't read and assume shit.
I'd probably say the Bleach shit is still dumber. Because at least Fate has a confirmed multiverse.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Funny part is, did Yhwach even say he was going to "destroy" anything for that matter? All I remember is him saying that the worlds would "collapse" or "shape into one".

I guess he "destroyed" the Garganta/Dangai? 🤔 But that's not really quantifiable.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

man what teh fuck is this
I don't even know how to respond to that thread. The character choice is so random.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Honestly not sure how that would interact with his redirection. It might screw up Darsh' Eternal Atoms up though 🤔 (since they're 2v1ing him)
If Ihiko doesnt recognize him doing the redirection then it wont work. the mans just gonna walk through the vector shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back