• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Also @Astaro welcome to the forum
:hestonpls

Mr. OMG, TheGoldenBoy, and Irradiance are our local experts on the topic of To Aru and are currently making a respect thread for the verse. If you want your free to help them out with the creation of it

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Also @Astaro welcome to the forum
:hestonpls

Mr. OMG, TheGoldenBoy, and Irradiance are our local experts on the topic of To Aru and are currently making a respect thread for the verse. If you want your free to help them out with the creation of it
I am currently redoing the RT by Self Reference Engine on this site. And I don't know when I'll continue(The real reason is that I'm just tired of ToAru, and I'm reading Avesta now)

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I am currently redoing the RT by Self Reference Engine on this site. And I don't know when I'll continue(The real reason is that I'm just tired of ToAru, and I'm reading Avesta now)
No rush man. sometimes its best to just take a break and do other things. You can finish it whenever you want to

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I see no proof of that in that scan, especially since it shows electricity running through her legs

12.jpg

13.jpg

The above is from Chapter 17. Arei kicked a tree in half in Chapter 7

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
That doesn't help your argument since she calls it an electrical suit and electricity is running through her body in the chapter 7 scan

So either she's lying or she brought some in the earlier chapter and came back with more in the rematch

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That doesn't help your argument since she calls it an electrical suit and electricity is running through her body in the chapter 7 scan

So either she's lying or she brought some in the earlier chapter and came back with more in the rematch
So in others words, your even ignoring Junko mentioning how she moves differently than last time despite apparently wearing it back than too

Could just be drawn like that to look cool or perhaps to illustrate her own internal electricity in her body.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
"Drawn to look cool" isn't an argument when no one else presented with such physical feats does the same

The Sister kicking through wall feat has no problem, Arei having electricity running through her body is suspect

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
"Drawn to look cool" isn't an argument when no one else presented with such physical feats does the same

The Sister kicking through wall feat has no problem, Arei having electricity running through her body is suspect
Lazily disregarding scans also isn’t an argument. The human body has its own natural electricity running through it, it’s how we move are muscles in real life.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
So what? is x-ray with electricity shown for other physical feats then?

I even said the other feat was fine. Arei is suspect and the only support she didn't have anything is her own statement which is questionable at best

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So what? is that is what presented when physical feats are performed in series?

I haven't disregarded anything, I even said the other feat was fine. Arei is suspect and the only support she didn't have anything is her own statement which is questionable at best
Difference is you ignore scans. Arei has no reason to lie, especially when she’s honest enough to even give away she’s using something to improve her performance further just for this fight. She even says she doesn’t like wearing something that can destroy her muscles for any occasion. And this is acknowleged and never treated as a lie by Junko, who notices she moves differently.

I’m acknowledging both scans and saying that’s just artistic illustration of her bio-electricity in her muscles at work as an answer

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Proof thats just artistic representation. The pic of electricty drawn running through her body as she kicks off a tree, her eyes are drawn as white circles too. Where’s it say the equipment she wears does that to her eyes?

The mangaka for Astral Buddy loves to draw dramatic effects of all kinds when illustrating intense scenes.

Last edited:

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Her entire fight with the judgment member and Junko has none of that and unless this translation is wrong her opponent thinks she's using TK mid fight even though that's not her actual power

and no we don't just accept "has no reason to lie" unless we're given very good reason not to

but I don't care to continue this discussion, as only arei is suspect, the other listed feats are fine

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
HFS I am literally on the ground in pain after reading that and Idc if it's not directly related you can have this I'm out

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Her entire fight with the judgment member and Junko has none of that and unless this translation is wrong her opponent thinks she's using TK mid fight even though that's not her actual power

and no we don't just accept "has no reason to lie" unless we're given very good reason not to

but I don't care to continue this discussion, as only arei is suspect, the other listed feats are fine
The only thing she used in her fight the first time outside her natural strength was her Esper power to read emotions from others as sounds to predict what the opponent will do. Even this was done from her training herself constantly to have such a useless power become accurate enough to become a form of precognition.

The TK Junko thought she had was never explained but likely done by her strength given how shocked Junko was she could destroy a tree later on. Before that she thought she was fighting a normal person.

Kuroko made a similar assumption against another ninja, Tsurigane, thinking her natural speed was her Esper power.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Man this site has a problem with lifeless spambots flooding you with negs. You spambots are free to step in and actually do something yourselves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back