• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I disagree. :maybe
aff217df8d8f13cee52b95475814fabe.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
jojo has kinda weirdly duped people into thinking most characters are stronger than they are, and the obd used to be among that. Like in 2012 you'd have threads of people thinking Kars could solo one piece and stuff when all but 2-4 characters operate on very lowkey power levels and the real threats come from hax
I admit I fell victim to that back in my noob days too. I even remember saying something like "Joseph Joestar could beat Doctor Manhatten" without even reading Jojo's. This is before DC started wanking Manhatten of course, but still.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I admit I fell victim to that back in my noob days too. I even remember saying something like "Joseph Joestar could beat Doctor Manhatten" without even reading Jojo's. This is before DC started wanking Manhatten of course, but still.
I mean I did too. Kars used to be accepted as city level when he wasn't even in the final explosion :skully our reading comprehension and ability to analyze was just kinda shit back then. You'd have people saying Kraftwerk could beat Accelerator and stuff like that
like we really loved jojo and it is strong, but we were a bit overzealous back in the day lol

That said we probably overlooked some things, like The Hanged Man almost certainly ignores durability for example

Proto234

Distinguished
The problem here is that Touma is not a good man. He is a psychologically sick man who should have been in the hospital a long time ago. To say that Touma is practically the biggest selfish person in the whole series is to say nothing. God, he's selfish enough to sacrifice all of humanity for his own happiness. As Hamazura said, you have to go through countless false layers to see the real Touma, who is entirely composed of selfishness. And that's to say nothing of his other not so good qualities, such as his obvious hypocrisy, which he doesn't even deny, on the contrary, Touma generally considers hypocrisy something good, his propensity for violence, it has been said that Touma always tries to solve problems with his fists, or that Touma is a born psychological manipulator who can very quickly find people's weaknesses and use them to his advantage. And so on, this quote explains it all very well. Any Servant who is not an idiot will sooner or later realize that Touma is not a good person.
Wow, he won't be able to clear LB6 then.
Castoria will find him disgusting for sure.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I mean I did too. Kars used to be accepted as city level when he wasn't even in the final explosion :skully our reading comprehension and ability to analyze was just kinda shit back then. You'd have people saying Kraftwerk could beat Accelerator and stuff like that
like we really loved jojo and it is strong, but we were a bit overzealous back in the day lol

That said we probably overlooked some things, like The Hanged Man almost certainly ignores durability for example
The Hanged Man ignores durability? 🤔

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I remember assuming every Jojo's character was super broken and had hax on a cosmic level, even parts 1 and 2.

And yeah, I'd admit to being bias too, for and against things, though I try not to do so these days, even towards series I don't like.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
Galactus isn't universal even when well fed?:rock
When he said when he's equal to Eternity but not universal he really put his foot in his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back