• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
They're not full universes

it's still a wash because if you believe yu/makoto/ren are at minimum equal they'd still be ~planetoid level at worse and ren up to galaxy level at best
I thought Palaces represented how the owner views the real world? They're described as parallel "worlds" or "reflections of the real world" multiple times and even have stars and galaxies in them. That sounds like a full-on universe to me. :maybe

Hell, doesn't Mada's description even say it has the power to swallow the entire universe? And we know Persona users gain the abilities of the specific demon's mythology. A god that controls fire = the user can now control fire, and so on.

Unless I'm going about this wrong.

Regardless, the gauntlet is getting Megidola'd :mjlol

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Mada's description is literally just ported over from the main games, the full collective unconsciousness abstracts are ~universal and beings like igor/izanami/nyx etc. are below Philemon/Nya

While they share the same name/appearance Shadows and demons have different origins and even histories so we don't scale them to the main series unless something changes in a new release

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Mada's description is literally just ported over from the main games, the full collective unconsciousness abstracts are ~universal and beings like igor/izanami/nyx etc. are below Philemon/Nya
I thought Philemon/Nyar would be way above that? Seeing as how they're both primordial representations of the Collective Unconscious. Which itself is even deeper than the archetypal world where Personas/Demons/Gods come from.
This was stated in Persona 2 by Igor iirc.

Hell, Yaldabaoth is even stated to be an administrator of the Collective Unconsciousness, with the Metaverse basically being equated to it by knowledgeable characters such as Morgana. Wouldn't that put him pretty high up as well?

And the Collective Unconsciousness basically IS the Axiom/Great Reason is it not?

Last edited:

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
@Crimson Dragoon

Nuke level telepathy has evolved :mjlol
Holy shit :russ

funnily enough, Raigen is on SB :kobeha

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
I don't know of any feat beyond universal so that's where they sit, 3/4/5 universe was literally created in 2

okay actually I think they're universal+ but I don't recall any multiversal feat

EMIYA's healing is not combat applicable. It took him a week to heal from being almost sliced in half diagonally by Saber.

The most that he has healed in a short time is having wounds of unknown severity all over his body and a destroyed, barely attached arm. And for that he needed several minutes and the great magical energy reserves of Medea as his Master.

Okay when did any of that happen? EMIYA lost Magical Energy but he very much healed from the wounds he got from Gae Bolg's Throw, including the broken arm you put up.

No, we are explicitly told that EMIYA was using Medea's magical energy.

It still takes time for a Servant to refill on Magical Energy, especially if they forced themselves to E trying to not die(and even then, we know he broke his connection with Medea before he killed her at that not soon after):
vs Thrown Gae Bolg (7 petals, EMIYA)
Here, Gae Bolg's power distorts space as Cu readies to throw it. Here, Cu throws Gae Bolg at EMIYA. Here, Exposition on Gae Bolg's function as the thrown spear. Here, Cu throws Gae Bolg by using all his magical energy. Here, Gae Bolg vs Rho Aias starts. Here, Rho Aias exposition. Here, thrown Gae Bolg easily pierces through 6 of Rho Aias' layers. Here, EMIYA puts his "all his magical energy" into Rho Aias' last layer. Here, EMIYA has wounds all over his body from the clash. Here, Rho Aias was entirely pierced, EMIYA muses Cu's thrown Gae Bolg surpasses the original Gungir. Here, Cu's pissed off Rho Aias was able to block his strongest attack. Here, EMIYA notes accomplishing this feat cost him most of his magical energy, destroyed one of his arms, and Rho Aias was still shattered

Caster is Medea. Artoria is telling EMIYA that he should have no magical energy left since he used a significant amount of it to kill his own Master, implying that his Master was in fact supplying him with magical energy.

Moreover, the previous scene in which EMIYA appears he himself admits that he used up most of his magical energy, with the narrator saying that he put all his magical energy into the last petal of Rho Aias.

For him to go from that state to being fully healed, being able to project 17 Noble Phantasms and use his Reality Marble he must had restocked in magical energy.

1. We have no idea how much magical energy he got back because Artoria herself doesn't know how EMIYA's magical output works(The dude is a literal anomaly for any Heroic Spirit, that's why Cu hates him so much). None of that means he didn't heal himself at all because we know he explicitly WAS healed then.

2. And he got replenished on some basic level before he broke his connection with Medea, besides we know what EMIYA did to kill her really didn't take that much Magical Energy at all considering he does this many times with a far bigger amount of swords just fine, all we know is that he wasn't at 100% power due to his battle with Cu):
vs Medea
Here, EMIYA has numerous Noble Phantasm ready to fire at Kuzuki, Medea senses them over his head, Medea moves to protect Kuzuki. Here, Medea has been rendered too injured to use her magecraft to defend against EMIYA's assault on Kuzuki. Here, EMIYA fires at Medea and Kuzuki, Medea suffers fatal wounds, but her body is durable enough to prevent EMIYA's Noble Phantasms from ramming through her and harming Kuzuki. Here, EMIYA is left with no magical energy due to the number of Noble Phantasms he used to end Medea's life (on top of already being depleted from fighting Cu Chulainn)

3. Or EMIYA is extremely self-sufficient and Servants have metric assloads of Magical Energy available to them even in comparison to Rin Tohsaka even "On E"
Here, even under a Master as powerless as Shinji Matou, Medusa possesses more magical energy than Rin Tohsaka.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I don't know of any feat beyond universal so that's where they sit, 3/4/5 universe was literally created in 2

okay actually I think they're universal+ but I don't recall any multiversal feat
Doesn't the Metaverse hold multiple universal+ sized realms, aka Palaces?

Hell, by being an administrator of the Collective Unconscious that should put him above plenty of characters in the verse, including characters like Kagutsuchi.
It is the same verse, after all.
He even seals those whose desires get too strong into a parallel universe that he creates. Sounds multiversal at the least.

Persona users having comparable strength to other humans using Observation/Understanding (which is literally the same thing as Cognition) should put them in the upper echelon all things considered. Humans having the highest potential for growth is intentional on the Axiom's part.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
You're going to have to take it to the SMT thread, as I've already stated the palaces aren't full universes from when I played the original game and we don't scale to the main series, so none of the 3/4/5 protags scale to universal or higher from those

If that changed in later releases I couldn't tell you

EDIT: I can't comment on kagutsuchi because I've forgotten he even existed

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You're going to have to take it to the SMT thread, as I've already stated the palaces aren't full universes from when I played the original game and we don't scale to the main series, so none of the 3/4/5 protags scale to universal or higher from those

Is there even an SMT thread? I can't seem to find it.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

I'll keep it short, but basically Kagutsuchi administrates the entirety of the Amala Network, which itself should be multiversal+ to my memory.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
that's from the main series isn't it? I'm pretty sure Persona universe is essentially disconnected (Persona's kagutsuchi isn't the same as the avatar)
This isn't the thread for it, but there's a lot of evidence for them being connected.
Hell, in Persona 2 (or was it 1?) Joker explicitly states that what the party is facing isn't just a Persona, but a genuine Demon.
Personas/Demons/Gods all come from the archetypal world that resides just above where Philemon and Nyar would sit, which is stated by Igor.

Demons are also explained by Lilith in SMT IV in that humans can outright become Demons through the suppression of their desires.
Flynn also states that Demons are "the embodiment of humanities limitless desires"
Sound familiar?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The Persona verse is connected to the overall multiverse of SMT yes, but the Kagutsuchi in Personaverse is not the Kagutsuchi from Nocturne.
I was more so referring to the fact that given Yaldabaoth's status as an administrator over the Collective Unconscious, it would put him pretty high up since the CU IS the Axiom, or at least that the Axiom is the deepest part of it.

And while they're not technically the same "entity", they come from the same archetypal world.
It's even straight up stated by Tatsuya that a Persona holds the same capabilities as its mythology/archetype would dictate.
nC6Jyh2.png
ai5j1Hw.png

And didn't Yaldy also mess with Philemon in P5 somehow or am I misremembering?

I was more so referring to the fact that given Yaldabaoth's status as an administrator over the Collective Unconscious, it would put him pretty high up since the CU IS the Axiom, or at least that the Axiom is the deepest part of it.

And while they're not technically the same "entity", they come from the same archetypal world.
It's even straight up stated by Tatsuya that a Persona holds the same capabilities as its mythology/archetype would dictate.
nC6Jyh2.png
ai5j1Hw.png

And didn't Yaldy also mess with Philemon in P5 somehow or am I misremembering?

To answer this question as I played Persona 5, Yaldaobolth only really controls Tokyo and the Collective Unconsciousness of the People of Tokyo and little else.
It's really not as impressive as it sounds and it wouldn't push any one in the cast to be Universal. Hilariously Nyx is a better off version of that from Persona 3 but ultimately, none of the Persona Series is anything close to the bullshit that is SMT as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back