• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
To answer this question as I played Persona 5, Yaldaobolth only really controls Tokyo and the Collective Unconsciousness of the People of Tokyo and little else.
It's really not as impressive as it sounds and it wouldn't push any one in the cast to be Universal. Hilariously Nyx is a better off version of that from Persona 3 but ultimately, none of the Persona Series is anything close to the bullshit that is SMT as a whole.
Even the fact that Philemon/Nyar are explicitly stated to be primordial/persona(heh)fied halves of the CU? Which, quite frankly, IS the Axiom/Great Reason, with both being described as the binding force of all humanity and both simultaneously being the creator of humans while also being molded by it?

They're even stated to exist at a level deeper than the archetypal world where all Personas/Demons/Gods are created.
And yes that includes YHVH as well, who is ultimately no different than any other demon or god. Also stated in SMT IV.
oDhL6gY.jpeg

zrwyCSx.jpeg

Pretty sure Nyx in P3 being stated to be responsible for the CU existing probably shouldn't be taken literally. Gods in SMT don't really keep to the idea of "linear time", so it's weird to say that "she" is literally responsible for the CU existing in the first place.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
>Apocalypse

Not even once

that shit mad trash

you can't conflate mainline with Persona because Persona operates under its own set of rules.

the only thing you can conflate it to is working from the P2 universal reset which caused persona users to become made in china versions of themselves

Even the fact that Philemon/Nyar are explicitly stated to be primordial/persona(heh)fied halves of the CU? Which, quite frankly, IS the Axiom/Great Reason, both described as the binding force of all humanity and both simultaneously being the creator of humans while also being molded by it?

They're even stated to exist at a level deeper than the archetypal world where all Personas/Demons/Gods are created.
And yes that includes YHVH as well, who is ultimately no different than any other demon or god. Also stated in SMT IV.

The thing you are forgetting is that Persona is NOT the same Universe exactly as Shin Megami Tensei, it's a literal spin-off from the Multiverse itself.
Even the way it operates has it work off away from the Great Axiom entirely and instead on the individual person.
It's why we don't have say something like SMT5's plot which LONG should have happened to the Persona Universe if that's true.

Pretty sure Nyx in P3 being stated to be responsible for the CU existing probably shouldn't be taken literally. Gods in SMT don't really keep to the idea of "linear time", so it's weird to say that "she" is literally responsible for the CU existing in the first place.

Again, the Universes aren't 1:1 and neither are their mechanics. That's the point you are missing.

So Nyx very much could be responsible for the CU existing... that means nothing of it being 1:1 of it being the SMT Universe when that's not even remotely true, especially when the Persona Universe is literally one Universe with somehow different mechanics somehow working together at once.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
The Persona verse is connected to the overall multiverse of SMT yes, but the Kagutsuchi in Personaverse is not the Kagutsuchi from Nocturne.
Small correction we did get a kagutsuchi but it was Hi-No-Kagutsuchi in Arena

He was behind the red fog and got whomped by a half dead yu and Adachi fusing their two izanagis into a sword of water without any ice

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The thing you are forgetting is that Persona is NOT the same Universe exactly as Shin Megami Tensei, it's a literal spin-off from the Multiverse itself.
Even the way it operates has it work off away from the Great Axiom entirely and instead on the individual person.
It's why we don't have say something like SMT5's plot which LONG should have happened to the Persona Universe if that's true.

Again, the Universes aren't 1:1 and neither are their mechanics. That's the point you are missing.

So Nyx very much could be responsible for the CU existing... that means nothing of it being 1:1 of it being the SMT Universe when that's not even remotely true, especially when the Persona Universe is literally one Universe with somehow different mechanics somehow working together at once.
For the first part, isn't the whole "power of the individual" also a thing in SMT? Their potential for growth is explicitly the highest of all the "races". The Axiom's whole thing is empowerment of humanity and the individual. That's why it created them, while also being shaped by them.
The CU is also stated to have done... exactly that.

Cognition and Observation/Understanding are absolutely similar in mechanics.
The Persona "universe" where Marie even mentions parallel versions of the player existing? That's the whole point of the rescue feature.
It's definitely not just a "universe".
The only reason certain mainline SMT aspects wouldn't appear in Persona is due to differing themes and tone. But that doesn't mean they aren't part of the same cosmology.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
"Personaverse" is just an umbrella term for the universes of the Persona series

SMT has multiverses which essentially, do no interact with each other

Devil Survivor 2 doesn't interact with the main series either, and the events of the main timeline do not occur in DeSu 1

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"Personaverse" is just an umbrella term for the universes of the Persona series

and no, SMT has multiverses which straight up just do no interact with each other

Devil Survivor 1 and 2 don't interact with the main series either
Devil Survivor and Devil Summoner are different right? Although the latter does interact with the main series iirc.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
survivor and summoner are separate timelines/universes/multiverses yes, I just don't remember exactly where without the chart

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Forgot about that part with Junao, but considering he's willing to take counsel from someone obviously evil despite having Anti-Evil skill, yeah..

That's not really what his skill does, and part of the issue is that his mentality has shifted so drastically from humanity he can't really determine human values anymore.

As for Zeus, I have a feeling that he's driving Sefar not for altruism but for his own self preservation (aka selfish). And considering what he's done to his fellow gods & willingness to abandon his subjects, doesn't portray him in a good way.

Not really, he made the only choice he could to save Olympus and his people. In Proper Human History (the real timeline) Sefar killed him and the other Olympians because they were too proud to use the merge function.

And his abandonment at the end is more or less the same thing the Lion King was going to do in Singularity Six, i.e "everything is going to die and I can't stop it no matter what, so I'll at least make sure a record of humanities existence survives". It was less an expression of selfishness and more pure despair.

Wodime even says that if Zeus had been willing to believe in his world just a bit more, Wodime would have altered his plans and fought alongside Zeus to the end.

I agree about their world, it's just that the LB king (Junao & Zeus' case) are evil while their world have their own merit (separate from the king), which is the opposite of LB6 where the LB king is far more sympathetic & have more merit than her own world, which is a hell hole

Again, not evil. None of the kings are evil (except maybe Surtr but he isn't really the king anyway), they're just from doomed worlds trying to eat ours to survive, so we have to kill them anyway.

LB 6 is an entirely separate bag of worms that more or less confirms that Nasu thinks the British Isles are some kind of Lovecraftian hell dimension :skully

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That's not really what his skill does, and part of the issue is that his mentality has shifted so drastically from humanity he can't really determine human values anymore.

Not really, he made the only choice he could to save Olympus and his people. In Proper Human History (the real timeline) Sefar killed him and the other Olympians because they were too proud to use the merge function.

And his abandonment at the end is more or less the same thing the Lion King was going to do in Singularity Six, i.e "everything is going to die and I can't stop it no matter what, so I'll at least make sure a record of humanities existence survives". It was less an expression of selfishness and more pure despair.

Wodime even says that if Zeus had been willing to believe in his world just a bit more, Wodime would have altered his plans and fought alongside Zeus to the end.

Again, not evil. None of the kings are evil (except maybe Surtr but he isn't really the king anyway), they're just from doomed worlds trying to eat ours to survive, so we have to kill them anyway.

LB 6 is an entirely separate bag of worms that more or less confirms that Nasu thinks the British Isles are some kind of Lovecraftian hell dimension :skully
And Nasu would be absolutely correct in that case. :mjlol

And Nasu would be absolutely correct in that case. :mjlol
It's fucking hilarious as Nasu literally changed how Lostbelt 6 was going to be the second Takeuchi gave him a different Morgan Le Fay design than he expected :oldryoma

And he turned what most likely would have been a closer to typical Arthurian Timeline(though he still mentioned the Fairy Knights so it wouldn't be THAT majorly different character wise) into massively developed world... but such a hell hole, you understand completely why the World wanted Camelot dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back