• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Nobody in Bleach... is defeating Karna...
Especially after getting complete proof that Rama's willpower was so bullshit, he completely causality to Glitch out on a Planetary scale.
Yhwach is NEVER getting Karna in Almighty, no one's Sternritter abilities will work on him either, he fucking murders everyone.
I can understand the Almighty given the willpower feat, but ALL of the Sternrirtter abilities? Even stuff like the Deathdealing and X-Axis?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Sorry for that bit of a daily, I was just getting too tired of SB's shit with Fate and seriously had to rant at length for how fucking wrong they are...

Large Planetary+, literally is stated to turn the entire Planet to Ash, Laeventienn also has extra super effectiveness against Life, The World(in this case Reality itself) and Gods.
After devouring Fenrir, he gained even more effectiveness against Gods
The only reason Servants didn't instantly be mulched by him is that they aren't effectively alive.

Defensively, he took a Sirius Light-enhanced TNR Gram(which is compared to a "Sun" so basically just go with the energy the Sun produces a second) on top of being a Dragon so he took extra damage(Fafnir bullshit) for a prolonged period of time and only died after massively sustained useage.

So yeah, he's bullshit.
What's the most notable of Surtr's arsenal looking like anyway? Besides his sword. Like I heard that he can use Norse Runes and that those get pretty crazy, but I'm not sure as to what extent and the mechanisms behind it.

I can understand the Almighty given the willpower feat, but ALL of the Sternrirtter abilities? Even stuff like the Deathdealing and X-Axis?
Screenshot_20210611-190946.png

Causality(Cause and Effect) is one of the most defining aspects our universe, manipulating it at all is a major deal, being able to invert is utterly absurd.
If Rama can literally cause an error in Causality to not pierce his heart through sheer willpower, Karna, a character who literally can still exist without a Spirit Origin(Something that defines his existence as a Servant) through that same willpower? Not a goddamned thing from any Sternritter is doing SHIT.
Here, Karna notes that he used the last of his strength fighting God Arjuna and he doesn't even have his Spirit Origin(The Foundation of a Spiritual Being's Existence) anymore and is literally there by Sheer force of will, Meuniere confirms that his Magical Energy is gone and here's there by sheer force of will.

What's the most notable of Surtr's arsenal looking like anyway? Besides his sword. Like I heard that he can use Norse Runes and that those get pretty crazy, but I'm not sure as to what extent and the mechanisms behind it.

Actually, Surtr only knows one because he's literally just the manifestation of Ymir's Rage in the Nasuverse and nothing more, the Death Rune.
And to know how Primoridal Runes work:
Explanation of Primordial Runes here.

In laymen's terms, they are basically Commands to the World itself, if a spell happens, the World makes damn certain it happens(Reality Distortion is basically Kyoka Suigetsu, you have runes for Flight, Stasis, Healing, etc.)
Whole list here:
Death Rune
Flight Rune
Healing Rune
Reality Distortion Rune
Inertion(Stasis?) Rune
Wisdom Rune
Speed Rune
Shield Rune
There are a hell of alot more than these but these are just examples.
But for Surtr, he just has the Death Rune and unless you don't have Flesh and Blood, if you get hit by it? You die, plain and simple. And even if you are a Servant, you are basically required immediate attention and is out of action for like a week or you die, plain and simple(like literally can't even do any real heavy movements)
That's just how bullshit it is. Just hope you can fuck with him and make him miss.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Screenshot_20210611-190946.png

Causality(Cause and Effect) is one of the most defining aspects our universe, manipulating it at all is a major deal, being able to invert is utterly absurd.
If Rama can literally cause an error in Causality to not pierce his heart through sheer willpower, Karna, a character who literally can still exist without a Spirit Origin(Something that defines his existence as a Servant) through that same willpower? Not a goddamned thing from any Sternritter is doing SHIT.

Actually, Surtr only knows one because he's literally just the manifestation of Ymir's Rage in the Nasuverse and nothing more, the Death Rune.
And to know how Primoridal Runes work:

In laymen's terms, they are basically Commands to the World itself, if a spell happens, the World makes damn certain it happens(Reality Distortion is basically Kyoka Suigetsu, you have runes for Flight, Stasis, Healing, etc.)
Whole list here:
Death Rune
Flight Rune
Healing Rune
Reality Distortion Rune
Inertion(Stasis?) Rune
Wisdom Rune
Speed Rune
Shield Rune
There are a hell of alot more than these but these are just examples.
But for Surtr, he just has the Death Rune and unless you don't have Flesh and Blood, if you get hit by it? You die, plain and simple. And even if you are a Servant, you are basically required immediate attention and is out of action for like a week or you die, plain and simple(like literally can't even do any real heavy movements)
That's just how bullshit it is. Just hope you can fuck with him and make him miss.
So it's a matter of messing with his concentration during the chant rather than "dodging" it? Not that there's anything TO dodge, but you get what I mean.
Or is it like a physical thing that he needs to inscribe into someone/the air/ground and THEN the effect takes place?

Last edited:
So it's a matter of messing with his concentration during the chant rather than "dodging" it? Not that there's anything TO dodge, but you get what I mean.
Or is it like a physical thing that he needs to inscribe into someone?

You can dodge it but considering how fast Nasuverse characters can move and how we've seen the one straight up shot at was a normal Human... seems like you have to be real up there to dodge it like that.
But yes, it can be inscribed into someone... while literally attacking them:
Here, Holmes decides to go all in on fighting Sigurd-Surtr with Baritsu, but S-Surtr easily takes off his arm with Gram
bATEp4e.jpg

o1MYNMp.jpg

So yeah, good luck with that shit if he REALLY wants you dead(Though again, he really doesn't need a Death Rune when he can literally just end a Planet by bringing up his Sword and swinging it down).

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You can dodge it but considering how fast Nasuverse characters can move and how we've seen the one straight up shot at was a normal Human... seems like you have to be real up there to dodge it like that.
But yes, it can be inscribed into someone... while literally attacking them:

bATEp4e.jpg

o1MYNMp.jpg

So yeah, good luck with that shit if he REALLY wants you dead(Though again, he really doesn't need a Death Rune when he can literally just end a Planet by bringing up his Sword and swinging it down).
So it's the latter rather than the former of what I said? :hm

So it's the latter rather than the former of what I said? :hm

Seems to be both as the other one was got seemed capable of inscribing it from afar like Skadi can do but that one can be dodged...
Though again Surtr isn't made for shit like that and Skadi has shown you can literally inscribe that shit on a person easily enough if you are damn good at it:

But again, Brynhildr had to use a Reality Distortion Rune to save your ass from that in general:
Here, it's heavily implied Brynhildr inscribed the Rune upon Surtr when she cut off his Arm.

The full scene of how Surtr sees Ritsuka dying and people reacting to their death here.

Here, you have the scene heavily being full of static, showing that Brynhild's Reality Distortion Rune is working exactly how Surtr believes it would.

Here, Brynhild interrupts the Rune's effects, letting Surtr know he was in an illusion.

Here, Mash's(and Ritsuka's) perspective, he was ultimately frozen in place the second he pointed his fingers towards Ritsuka.

And here, Mash states that she's seen this effect before and it came from Brynhild's Reality Distortion. Brynhild does state that Surtr had to be weakened before it could take effect on him in the first place.

So there's that too.

@Paxton to further point out the type of shit Heroic Spirits can deal with on certain levels:
Event Manipulation
Here Brynhild ultimately overcomes Ophelia's Mystic Eye with Ophelia trying it again and Brynhildr insists it won't work on her again.

Here and here, Brynhild states how her Mystic Eye works and how she ultimately overcame it. Ophelia actually puts it into better terms of how Brynhild actually overcame it here alongside Sigurd-Surtr stating exactly how difficult it is for anyone to pull it off.

Here, Ophelia truly explains what her Mystic Eye actually does. She only temporarily pins a possibility in place and only allows that to pass, it's true purpose is seeing the myriad of possibilities in a form similar to Precognition.

...Yeah, Certain Servants and Divine Spirits have shown the ability to literally ignore this by narrowing it so much, that only what THEY want to happen will happen, damn her ability at all.
And Musashi literally has this ability as well for her Empyrean Eye(or her "Zero") and Kojirou can create Infinite Possibilities(or his "Infinity") and reality literally blew the fuck up in their general area when they clashed in Shimousa:

So yeah, trust me when I say that even IF we believe that the Sternritters are on the physical level of Karna(They aren't), they ain't doing shit to him abilities wise... ever.

🤔

Hilariously, she doesn't pass ANY of them. Despite me pushing her hard over her ability, Musashi has limits to her power and she ain't doing shit to any of them at all. Gawain explicitly is so much out of her league, she explicitly doesn't want to fight his ass despite being the type of person to knowingly jump into a battle they know they will lose just for the experience.

So yeah, they are wanking her pretty damned hard.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
On that note, why is Mordred a girl? Is it the same deal with Artoria?

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
*sigh*

this ninga xhom, turned this to another nasu respect thread :mjlol

quick advice

for the newbies

don't post to him sb vs nasu threads, he goes on tl'dr mode and ain't stopping unless you tell him ichigo solos goku, since whis is voiced by ichigo's va

:mjlol

On that note, why is Mordred a girl? Is it the same deal with Artoria?

Okay this is actually funny because beforehand, Mordred WAS supposed to be a boy in conception and execution, what stopped that?
6d94a178c7f2a9bc91bd62bc83c69d4e.jpg

No seriously, Astolfo's sheer existence and the fact that he is basically a trap made it so Nasu decided that "Nah, Mordred gotta be a girl, we can't have 2 traps in a series" :oldryoma

So Mordred is basically Artoria's Clone canonically incubated by Morgan Le Fay... her sister... using her "genetic material" through some means that will get a little weird.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Okay this is actually funny because beforehand, Mordred WAS supposed to be a boy in conception and execution, what stopped that?
6d94a178c7f2a9bc91bd62bc83c69d4e.jpg

No seriously, Astolfo's sheer existence and the fact that he is basically a trap made it so Nasu decided that "Nah, Mordred gotta be a girl, we can't have 2 traps in a series" :oldryoma

So Mordred is basically Artoria's Clone canonically incubated by Morgan Le Fay... her sister... using her "genetic material" through some means that will get a little weird.
As Gigguk would put it, a "homunculus rape baby". :mjlol

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
*sigh*

this ninga xhom, turned this to another nasu respect thread :mjlol

quick advice

for the newbies

don't post to him sb vs nasu threads, he goes on tl'dr mode and ain't stopping unless you tell him ichigo solos goku, since whis is voiced by ichigo's va

:mjlol
That was the plan all along. :maybe

As Gigguk would put it, "homunculus rape baby". :mjlol

Basically.

That was the plan all along. :maybe

Stop asking me questions here man lol.

:hestonpls

Okay now this is just raw.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Basically.

Stop asking me questions here man lol.

Okay now this is just raw.
If this includes them at their strongest... Ness, Shulk, Bayonetta(maybe?), and Kirby are going to clean house.
Cool concept though.

Edit: almost forgot about Sonic. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back