• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
All jokes aside, Accelerator really isn't THAT broken.

For 40+ volumes of him being an MC, his progression in terms of strength has been pretty gradual.

You're lucky Kamachi didn't (for once) do an insane amount of research on vectors.
Because there's some absolute FUCKERY that he could get up to if that were the case.

Gae Bolg still one shots him anyway gg
All jokes aside, Accelerator really isn't THAT broken.

For 40+ volumes of him being an MC, his progression in terms of strength has been pretty gradual.

You sure? He feels like a Manhwa Protagonist. Touma too whenever those Dragons appear.
I'm expecting their final battle to literally destroy and recreate the Universe and all of the Phases billions of times over before creating a legit Omniverse for some reason.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You sure? He feels like a Manhwa Protagonist. Touma too whenever those Dragons appear.
I'm expecting their final battle to literally destroy and recreate the Universe and all of the Phases billions of times over before creating a legit Omniverse for some reason.
Eh... Agree to disagree I guess. I feel like calling Touma a Manwha protagonist when the Dragons appear (which happens like once or twice?) is a bit disingenuous as well. They don't even get the job done half the time.

The guy struggles WAY too much to be compared to one.
And for all Accelerator's power, it's not like he's completely infallible as a person.

A character being strong and versatile isn't really a bad thing.

Like I want people to get my point with To Aru:
I don't have a problem with the Phases = Universes or the shit like that as it seems I'm complaining because powerlevels.
I know Touma didn't truly defeat Othinus, she more defeated herself. And Accelerator obviously would be that strong because he was always pushed that way and Shiage is Shiage and I swear he's gonna get The Luck of the Gods passive or some shit.

It's more they don't seem to have weaknesses(Yeah I know it's bullshit, Touma literally got his ass kicked by everyone recently and Accelerator still struggles with Magic) which makes talking about them in VS. topics such a pain in the ass because they seem invincible when they aren't.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Well, first off... it's not a shield. I hate people describing it when people describe it this way. It's a bubble of warped reality where Physics bend to his will and work a certain way (and also work through probability manipulation but w/e). That's basically the core of Esper abilities.

It surrounds and permeates within him, which is why he can deal with internal attacks even if they don't necessarily have a "projectile" or if they originate inside him.
If it moves (or even if it doesn't technically have the standard definition of a "vector", Personal Reality shit is weird) it falls under what he can deal with.

Electromagnetism, sound, light, heat, punches, fuck-strong attacks like Coronzon's Sword (which has some hax attached to it), etc.
The more knowledge has = the more hax he gets. Since he can just straight up apply this shit to stuff and be like "this has a vector now lmao". With obvious limitations of course, such as how well he "understands it" (we talked about this when Iihiko from Medaka Box was brought up iirc) regarding the knowledge he has at his disposal.

Knowledge is quite literally power in To Aru.

And considering how ridiculously smart he is + the fact that his artificial demon buddy Qliphah has the ability to just show an opponents history on her dress... yeah.
It's why his powerset is so ridiculous even in-universe.

And it really depends on the person and how potent their ability is tbh. He's kind of the poster boy for this specific kind of ability last I checked.
It's still a really weird interaction regardless, so... maybe?? maybe not? I don't know honestly.

TLDR: It's complicated.
I only call it a shield because its easier to talk about that way. Having to write out that its a bubble of warped reality every time would get kinda tedious
:hestonpls

also I hope I'm not coming across as too aggressive when we are talking about this stuff. Im just trying to better understand and at the same time be able to not have people shout NLF when he's brought up. Cause most people describe it as a NLF and then get super upset when you tell them that.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Like I want people to get my point with To Aru:
I don't have a problem with the Phases = Universes or the shit like that as it seems I'm complaining because powerlevels.
I know Touma didn't truly defeat Othinus, she more defeated herself. And Accelerator obviously would be that strong because he was always pushed that way and Shiage is Shiage and I swear he's gonna get The Luck of the Gods passive or some shit.

It's more they don't seem to have weaknesses(Yeah I know it's bullshit, Touma literally got his ass kicked by everyone recently and Accelerator still struggles with Magic) which makes talking about them in VS. topics such a pain in the ass because they seem invincible when they aren't.
I see your point, though saying Accelerator "struggles" with it is only half-true.
He's up there alright, but he's really only just started his first BIG foray into using Magic (which he doesn't use in the typical manner anyway for obvious reasons).

That's why he needs Qliphah to act as a guide.

I see your point, though saying Accelerator "struggles" with it is only half-true.
He's up there alright, but he's really only just started his first BIG foray into using Magic (which he doesn't use in the typical manner anyway for obvious reasons).

You see what I mean lol.
But yeah, I got it, I remember the passage. For someone like him, using the equivalent of a fire spell may require him basically having to shake or destroy the Galaxy doing it the normal way.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Who's Prima again?
Vector's older brother, the first transformer, strongest of the 13

hasn't really ever appeared but we know his sword can destroy everything in transformers

it's a weird case where a mostly offscreen character has just enough lore to clear pretty much anything thst isnt marvel/dc/elric etc

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
The only person that I would say that can out Vector Accelerator would be Sumon Utrecht. The man was able to just start pushing the universe away which pushed him and his gang into another dimension

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You see what I mean lol.
But yeah, I got it, I remember the passage. For someone like him, using the equivalent of a fire spell may require him basically having to shake or destroy the Galaxy doing it the normal way.
That's.. not actually what happened. The shaking of the Galaxy as a mere side-effect of what he did to Coronzon with the forced astralization shit (which was done through a physical blow but I'm pretty sure he can do at range since it's done through the Clonoth, but don't quote me on that) was BECAUSE Coronzon was that strong.

She could have destroyed half of the Universe even after being weakened iirc, but I don't remember if that was through the ritual of Mo Athair or just her raw strength, probably the former.

Accelerator could do a normal fire spell just fine (besides the recoil, obviously), he just doesn't really have a need to.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
The only person that I would say that can out Vector Accelerator would be Sumon Utrecht. The man was able to just start pushing the universe away which pushed him and his gang into another dimension
Isn't his just basically glorified telekinesis though?

And can't he only repel stuff, and not attract it?

That's.. not actually what happened. The shaking of the Galaxy as a mere side-effect of what he did to Coronzon with the forced astralization shit (which was done through a physical blow but I'm pretty sure he can do at range since it's done through the Clonoth, but don't quote me on that) was BECAUSE Coronzon was that strong.

She could have destroyed half of the Universe even after being weakened iirc, but I don't remember if that was through the ritual of Mo Athair or just her raw strength, probably the former.

Accelerator could do a normal fire spell just fine (besides the recoil, obviously), he just doesn't really have a need to.

...I will never believe shit Rev puts out ever again...

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Isn't his just basically glorified telekinesis though?
Nope. its Vector Manipulation

Its why his Villain name is Vector.
His main issue though is that unlike accelerator his field is always at 100% push. so he has to constantly weaken it to let him stay on earth

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Nope. its Vector Manipulation

Its why his Villain name is Vector.
His main issue though is that unlike accelerator his field is always at 100% push. so he has to constantly weaken it to let him stay on earth
The reality repulsion stuff sounds pretty crazy but I'm not too sure how that'd interact with Accelerator :hm

It certainly sounds like Accelerator has far more precise control at the least. This guy's just blasting away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back