• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

🤨

A Reminder of how much power just one of those 8 punches have...

And yes, they are directly equal as in the Solomon Movie, they have a punchout:

srCc8Tz.gif

So the fact that Solomon's barriers can take 8 of those and all he was doing was using it as a cover to get Goetia closer for Ars Nova? That's... not as weak as it seems.

gojo in getbackers would be a mid tier, and no, i mean canon getbackers, in suggs getbackers, gojo would be super low tier levels:hestonpls

I do legit wonder what is the limit of his Infinity and if it can block shit on the level of a basic bitch Noble Phantasm or any type of Magecraft from a Magus. The obvious answer is that they would waste them yes, but I'm more wondering how much can Infinity really limit from that to begin with.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
He blocked the explosion not the actual sound irrc
I'm not sure how 1:1 the anime is with the manga, but it doesn't look like he moved out the way until AFTER the attacks would have reached him normally.

"A two-stage attack of sound and explosions?"
The sound is what causes the "crater" behind him.

He says this and THEN he shows up overlooking where the attacks were just used.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I'm not sure how 1:1 the anime is with the manga, but it doesn't look like he moved out the way until AFTER the attacks would have reached him normally.

"A two-stage attack of sound and explosions?"
The sound is what causes the "crater" behind him.

He says this and THEN he shows up overlooking where the attacks were just used.

Yeah thats the thing. He had to hear it first to recognize it as something that could harm him. His infinity doesn't automatically filter it out. if it did, he would have never heard it in the first place

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah thats the thing. He had to hear it first to recognize it as something that could harm him. His infinity doesn't automatically filter it out. if it did, he would have never heard it in the first place
Isn't that literally what he's doing though?

It's like what Accelerator does. He filters out stuff based on mass, speed, shape, cursed energy, etc, and anything past a certain threshold isn't allowed to reach him due to it being deemed as "harmful".

Sound is literally just vibrating air. I don't see why that would be any exception to the filter.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>Guy so strong his casual sword swing busts a virtual planet and crashes the game's servers
>has a skill that make it so all damage he takes is instantly healed and makes him immune to all status effects
>take that into an actual fight
Bro what the fuck

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Isn't that literally what he's doing though?

It's like what Accelerator does. He filters out stuff based on mass, speed, shape, cursed energy, etc, and anything past a certain threshold isn't allowed to reach him due to it being deemed as "harmful".
Thats what i mean. If he has to hear it first sound based shit is gonna affect him because he's already heard it
Sound is literally just vibrating air. I don't see why that would be any exception to the filter.
But as you can see it very clearly doesn't get automatically blocked by the filter. Remember. His infinity is normal set on autopilot with a healing effect going on to keep his brain from burning out.

If its something new he has to interact with. thats something he has to filter out himself

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Thats what i mean. If he has to hear it first sound based shit is gonna affect him because he's already heard it

But as you can see it very clearly doesn't get automatically blocked by the filter. Remember. His infinity is normal set on autopilot with a healing effect going on to keep his brain from burning out.

If its something new he has to interact with. thats something he has to filter out himself
Wouldn't that not apply to a later Gojo then? Since he would've already dealt with sound-based attacks and thus account his filter for it :hm

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Wouldn't that not apply to a later Gojo then? Since he would've already dealt with sound-based attacks and thus account his filter for it :hm
Thats another issue. How would you design a filter that only filters out certain sound? in a versus scenario it would be impossible

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Thats another issue. How would you design a filter that only filters out certain sound? in a versus scenario it would be impossible
If it's just a really loud/strong sound with no hax attached, just filter out anything above X decibels?
It's not really that hard. Gojo practically does that already.

He's basically Accelerator lite. And you wouldn't say sound-based attacks would work on the latter just because no one has explicitly used one on him would you? Because his powerset already covers that. Same with Gojo.

He already filters stuff out based on whether or not it's above X amount of cursed energy/mass/shape/speed, and it's automatic.
So all he would hear is SOME sound, but the full brunt of the sound attack wouldn't reach him if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
If it's just a really loud/strong sound with no hax attached, just filter out anything above X decibels?
It's not really that hard.
And if its just normal talking volume? there are abilities and techniques that don't really have a sort of energy attached to them or work off energy that wouldn't be equalized to cursed energy. he would need to recognize it as something that would harm him. Mid combat he wouldn't be able to filter out something above a certain amount of decibels because at that point he's already got.
He's basically Accelerator lite. And you wouldn't say sound-based attacks would work on the latter just because no one has explicitly used one on him would you? Because his powerset already covers that. Same with Gojo.
Sound based attacks would work on Accelerator though cause like said above, someone talking to him wouldn't be something he would have set up to filter out. Your thinking about how you would use it in a fight. Thats that SB competence we make fun of
He already filters stuff out based on whether or not it's above X amount of cursed energy/mass/shape/speed, and it's automatic.
So all he would hear is SOME sound, but the full brunt of the sound attack wouldn't reach him if that makes sense.
Hearing some sound in a lot of cases would be enough.

Another thing. We've only talked about sound, lets not get into any of the other sense of the body that people can do fuckery with

Sound based attacks would work on Accelerator though cause like said above, someone talking to him wouldn't be something he would have set up to filter out. Your thinking about how you would use it in a fight. Thats that SB competence we make fun of

This. We don't pretend that the characters somehow have competence they normally wouldn't have or any reason to bother doing so.
Remember, Accelerator for example have to consciously allow certain things to happen so he doesn't accidentally asphyxiate himself or fall off the Planet.
It's similar to believing Gilgamesh would use his TNR version of his Clairvoyance every fight when he canonically doesn't unless he's going balls out which is extremely rare at best(And usually against an opponent he believes he would lose to).
So it swings both ways.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And if its just normal talking volume? there are abilities and techniques that don't really have a sort of energy attached to them or work off energy that wouldn't be equalized to cursed energy. he would need to recognize it as something that would harm him. Mid combat he wouldn't be able to filter out something above a certain amount of decibels because at that point he's already got.

Hearing some sound in a lot of cases would be enough.

Another thing. We've only talked about sound, lets not get into any of the other sense of the body that people can do fuckery with
I agree with everything you said about Gojo, but that Accelerator part doesn't make sense.
Sound moves. He is explicitly stated to be able to control heat, light, and sound, among other things.

By your logic the magic attack that he faced in WW3 which was "never accounted for" should've gone right through because he didn't specifically set up a filter for that kind of attack, which is just not how it works at all.

If it falls under X category, it gets blocked.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I agree with everything you said about Gojo, but that Accelerator part doesn't make sense.
Sound moves. He is explicitly stated to be able to control heat, light, and sound.
My guy. If his shield blocked sound, ALL SOUND, he wouldn't hear shit ever. Someone talking to him normally doesn't obviously get blocked out since he can hear people. By the time him or his shield realize that what he heard was an attack he would have already been subject to it.
By your logic the magic attack that he faced in WW3 which was "never accounted for" should've gone right through because he didn't specifically set up a filter for that kind of attack, which is just not how it works at all.
You cannot equate a magic attack to just someone talking to you. That doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back