• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.OMG

Paramount

:hm
The only thing I agree with is that Kamachi is not a man, but an airplane, or a book-writing program. Otherwise, I can't explain his insane pace, but the man is really a literary monster. How many books is he writing now, three at a time? While other writers take years to write a book, Kamachi takes 17 days to write Sister Arc.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
The only thing I agree with is that Kamachi is not a man, but an airplane, or a book-writing program. Otherwise, I can't explain his insane pace, but the man is really a literary monster. How many books is he writing now, three at a time? While other writers take years to write a book, Kamachi takes 17 days to write Sister Arc.
Three at a time?! Bro okay like I can get him writing a book in a few days, when I'm motivated I can pretty much blitz through 1k words in a hour. And his books are kinda short, but three books at the same? Nah man, that's inhuman.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Poor Avengers..?

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Three at a time?! Bro okay like I can get him writing a book in a few days, when I'm motivated I can pretty much blitz through 1k words in a hour. And his books are kinda short, but three books at the same? Nah man, that's inhuman.
You knew he was finishing writing a series of books, only to start a new series of books. When Kamachi was asked to write the plot for the ToAru movie, he shut himself in his house for three days, and when he came out people realized that he had written enough plot for season 2 of the anime. If I remember correctly, the editors specifically limit him so he doesn't write too much.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
unknown.png

Universal Pikachu? 🤨

Yajirobe blitzes and one shots. He's stronger than Ivan the Terrible, who is too tough for even Musashi to hurt.

That's not even how that works, WTF?!

Nuke? Since when does Musashi have a nuke attack?

The hell she needs a nuke attack for Yajirobe?! Like not trying to shit on the guy because he did cut through Saiyan Armor, cut a weakened Vegeta and cut his Tail but I don't see how that makes him more stronger than Lostbelt Ivan The Terrible...

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

:hm
To be fair to this guy though, he was right on the nose with the whole "Espers being walking No Limit Fallacies" thing.

To be fair to this guy though, he was right on the nose with the whole "Espers being walking No Limit Fallacies" thing.

I mean, I usually get that same feeling every time because it feels like the second you hit Level 5, anything resembling any actual weakness just vanishes and they can do virtually anything and everything.
Like even Superman has a weakness for fuck's sake.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
I mean, I usually get that same feeling every time because it feels like the second you hit Level 5, anything resembling any actual weakness just vanishes and they can do virtually anything and everything.
Like even Superman has a weakness for fuck's sake.
Nah, Espers have limitations, and that is the impossibility of omnipotence. As strange as it may sound, the basis of the Espers' power is their own limitation, making omnipotence impossible. In the case of a box of chocolates, there are two possibilities of 50% each, with 0% chance of there being gum. Esper's powers cannot be applied in the absence of any possibilities. You can't get units out of zero, you need a minimum chance, even if it's 0, 000000001%.

Nah, Espers have limitations, and that is the impossibility of omnipotence. As strange as it may sound, the basis of the Espers' power is their own limitation, making omnipotence impossible. In the case of a box of chocolates, there are two possibilities of 50% each, with 0% chance of there being gum. Esper's powers cannot be applied in the absence of any possibilities. You can't get units out of zero, you need a minimum chance, even if it's 0, 000000001%.

Wow, they can't reach omnipotence... that's such a limitation...
Most of fiction can't hit true omnipotence, that's barely a limitation.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Like I get what you are saying, they can't create 100 from 0 but outside of people forcing them to only have 0 in probability manipulation(or Event Manipulation), it's not much of a flaw.
It's only about their abilities, but most of them are ordinary people. You don't have to skew the probabilities to 0 to defeat them.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah it basically only matters for the upper echelon of Espers anyway. Well, Accelerator specifically.

It's like trying to compare Fiamma to the other members of God's Right Seat.

It's only about their abilities, but most of them are ordinary people. You don't have to skew the probabilities to 0 to defeat them.

I know that but still. Like saying it like that, there are characters that can focus on explicit possibilities and forcibly remove others to get the ones they want to happen like Musashi or Ophelia..
And yes, they are ultimately normal people without their Esper powers(Misaka really is weak as shit without them), but I can ultimately still see why people may go NLF at first glance, especially when it's Accelerator or Kakine.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah it basically only matters for the upper echelon of Espers anyway. Well, Accelerator specifically.

It's like trying to compare Fiamma to the other members of God's Right Seat.
>tfw all SB ever does is use the upper echelon of espers for every fucking debate they do with to aru
>that or they use an upgraded version of a weaker esper that puts them in the upper echelon

that's their problem. they don't use none of the other characters as if they just don't fucking exist

Yeah, yeah. Solar is that guy. We know :mjpls
Screenshot_1_1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back