Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Curtana "scaling" isn't even confusing in the first place.

Just because a character has a particular tech that can hit way outside of their weight class doesn't mean they'd actually win in a fight against them.

Even if the Holy Right shares the properties of Curtana which could potentially fuck up Aiwass/a Magic God, that doesn't mean Fiamma won't get his shit kicked in by them at full strength.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

And Uzis!=blasters. They are real world weapons designed to butcher people in chaotic close combat situations which is just what this will be, not SW playthings that are practically designed to be ineffective against lightsabers.

Bruh :skully

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yes it did.

It was so bad. There are comic books that would be hard pressed to do this.
"Subverting expectations for the sake of subverting expectations. Aren't we smart?" - Kripke, after making one of the dumbest episodes of television. :skully

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Good fucking lord if I see another DB fanboy claim that ki is too exotic for Accelerator to deal with I'm going to pop a blood vessel.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And then they try to say that ki isn't fucking life force.

Like... ????

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You could equate DBZ Ki, which is Life Force, this is what Toriyama has repeatedly called it as, to Magic in Index

Mana exists in all forms of life, not just magicians, although they are the only ones who use it. It has been explicitly stated one method of creating mana is by processing a person's inner lifeforce (Life Force (生命力 seimeiryoku?, lit. (one's) life force)), similar to how crude oil is refined into other substances.

“That of course changes based on the denomination and the school of thought.” Birdway shooed away the troublesome-seeming calico cat that had jumped up on the table. “Basically, it all starts by refining one’s life force into magic power. Even in the magic side, there are a flood of different theories as to the definition of the soul, so this part is rather difficult to explain… If you think of the energy flowing through the human body as crude oil, then it is necessary to refine it into gasoline before using magic.”

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You could equate DBZ Ki, which is Life Force, this is what Toriyama has repeatedly called it as, to Magic in Index
That's what I've been saying. They are literally the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back