• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I do wonder why the Dragon King/Dragons only show up when Touma's arm is lopped off in Academy City though...

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
@Paxton @Masterblack06 @Xhominid The Fool

I will legitimately applaud Kamachi if this is true, I love people who show immense knowledge and passion for a subject in their work. And this goes a step beyond that.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

I will legitimately applaud Kamachi if this is true, I love people who show immense knowledge and passion for a subject in their work. And this goes a step beyond that.
It makes too much sense for it not to be true to be honest.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Basically, KNT/Touma's Thelemic True Will is what keeps the IT/Philosopher's Stone and all the other things under wraps in his arm.

Touma Alter is a subconscious wish/emanation of KNT using the IT/Philosopher's Stone.

Imagine Breaker has nothing to do with the sealing of the beings within his arm. It just choose Touma BECAUSE of his selfish nature and his relation to the IT/Philosopher's Stone, or something like that. They might come as a package deal.
It's why he's able to bring out the IT against High Priest despite his arm being intact at the time in NT13.

The Dragon King/Dragons are representation of various Phase beings/mythological dragons/serpents that guard the treasure that is the IT/Philosopher's Stone.

At least, that's how I see it.

*Expects it to be Satan*
*Isn't Satan*
Disappointed.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
*Expects it to be Satan*
*Isn't Satan*
Disappointed.
Lucifer and Beelzebub already exist apparently, with Coronzon apparently stating that they're Great Demons much like her? :hm

Though probably not as strong, since they'd be Phase beings(maybe?) instead of Thelemic entities such as Coronzon iirc.
Aiwass, Hadit/Nuit, Ra Hoor Khuit, the Secret Chiefs, etc.

All Thelemic deities are Secret Chiefs, but not all Secret Chiefs are Thelemic deities as I see it.

This is not as impressive as you think my friend.

It involves a long scaling chain, like most shounen, but the simplest is that Gyokko and Hantengu’s lesser bodies should be about the same in speed (if Gyokko isn’t faster), and Hantengu’s lesser bodies can casually parry point blank shotgun fire. Marked Muichiro can strike and decapitate Gyokko before he can react. In turn, a jobbing Kokushibo can casually move several meters before Muichiro can complete a sword swing. Then Kokushibo scales up higher in speed to match even faster characters, and a heavily poisoned Muzan effortlessly blitzes said characters by launching an attack that hits before they realize he attacked at all.

TL;DR Muzan >> poisoned Muzan >>>> casual point blank range bullet timers.

I'm pretty sure this is calc-stacking which doesn't even work in this context and again, Bullets in the Medieval ages aren't as fast as bullets now.

You can also see explosions unfold and then completely elapse over the course of several second during Blade Mode. The only way the raindrop feat makes sense is if you ignore all other context.

There are plenty of other times Blade Mode makes shit go stupid slow, I'm not sure why they keep using gameplay limitations to prove something doesn't work.

Lucifer and Beelzebub already exist apparently, with Coronzon apparently stating that they're Great Demons much like her? :hm

Though probably not as strong, since they'd be Phase beings(maybe?) instead of Thelemic entities such as Coronzon iirc.

That doesn't get over the disappointment that Touma's Arm is the Philosopher's Stone potentially and not Satan. Hell, it would be more badass if the Arm WAS Satan, makes sense with the Invisible Things.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That doesn't get over the disappointment that Touma's Arm is the Philosopher's Stone potentially and not Satan. Hell, it would be more badass if the Arm WAS Satan, makes sense with the Invisible Things.
Touma's arm isn't anything but an arm. You mean to say that the IT WITHIN his arm is the Philosopher's Stone.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm pretty sure this is calc-stacking which doesn't even work in this context and again, Bullets in the Medieval ages aren't as fast as bullets now.
Ah, KNY takes place around 1914. Like before WW1 the gun's should be somewhat equivalent to current age guns. Hell in a spinoff Gaiden Rengoku fights a demon with a minigun.

Just wanted to correct this.

Touma's arm isn't anything but an arm. You mean to say that the IT WITHIN his arm is the Philosopher's Stone.

Whatever, it doesn't remove the disappointment, I wanted to be Satan in his arm... or atleast some other extremely mythological badass Dragon but nooo just Philosopher's Stone.

Ah, KNY takes place around 1914. Like before WW1 the gun's should be somewhat equivalent to current age guns. Hell in a spinoff Gaiden Rengoku fights a demon with a minigun.

Just wanted to correct this.

Meh, still wouldn't really matter to Revengeance but even then, it wouldn't really matter to MGS as a whole anyway.

A Reminder that Big Boss can canonically lift a Metal Gear off of him with just his physical strength in Peace Walker.
Cyborgs are physically stronger than Big Boss and Raiden went through 2 Cyborg bodies before his current one which is MUCH stronger than his MGS4 and pre-upgraded form in Revengeance(which is explicitly stronger than his MGS4 version).

Armstrong is more powerful than Raiden to the point he needs an insanely powerful and authentic HGS to even hurt Armstrong.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Fate Paracelsus can eat his heart out, was his Philosopher Stone powerful enough to purify god himself? :maybe

In seriousness though I think characters wielding the power of Satan are very, very overused. Plus it shows a level of precise knowledge to be able to foreshadow the twist(if true) through real world iconography.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Whatever, it doesn't remove the disappointment, I wanted to be Satan in his arm... or atleast some other extremely mythological badass Dragon but nooo just Philosopher's Stone.

Meh, still wouldn't really matter to Revengeance but even then, it wouldn't really matter to MGS as a whole anyway.
Well, he still has all of the Dragons/the Dragon King at his disposal.

So he could maybe in the future pull a Dragon Strike (Railgun T) but even more ridiculous.

Fate Paracelsus can eat his heart out, was his Philosopher Stone powerful enough to purify god himself? :maybe

In seriousness though I think characters wielding the power of Satan are very, very overused. Plus it shows a level of precise knowledge to be able to foreshadow the twist(if true) through real world iconography.

Go wank yourself at this point, being able to recreate them on demand that can tell God's Authorities to fuck off is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back