• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
saitama can absorb and learn from strong opponents, that is a power of his that was revealed, so if he fought popeye, popeye will have to end the fight quickly, if he doesn't then saitama will quickly become as powerful as him and even learn his moves, like punching his animator etc, until he beats his opponent, which explains why he is soo annoyed that he is very strong
Here's another. Good God, they're wacking off real hard to Saitama in that comment section with this shit. I know its YouTube, one of the cesspools of retardation, but come on, nigga, find a second brain cell to rub together with the first before you even think of posting this NLF stupidity. :kobeha

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I don't even get why these people think Saitama can copy abilities tbh, the only thing he actually 'copied' was the time travel shit. Every single time he 'copied' Garou he was just performing the physical motions-no where is it said he actually started using nuclear energy and shit.

The way I see it Saitama was only copying the physical techniques-not the estoric hax part.

EDIT: Yeah chapter 165 has Garou say Saitama was using pure physical might, Saitama has no actual feats for copying hax other than the time travel.

Last edited:

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

:Wut:

SAURON LOSES TO SOLDIER OF GODRICK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA :mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

WOW! They acting like Sauron is straight trash. :hestonpls

I was expecting Elden Ring downplay, not this blatant disrespect for one of the original Dark Lords. :scust

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Got this from the Saitama vs Popeye DB video.

Dear lord, they're wanking the ever-loving shit out of that one instance with Garou. Regardless of which camp you fall on with the whole space hole shit, I think we can all agree that Saitama is not learning Popeye's reality warping and spinach-based powers just from a few seconds of observation. Jesus Christ. :mjlol
highest end interpretation saitama still gets absolutely neg diffed by Popeye lol, it aint even close

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Don’t really care for this debate on who wins. This scene was perfection.

death-battle-one-punch-man.gif

Randomdude

Preeminent
WOW! They acting like Sauron is straight trash. :hestonpls

I was expecting Elden Ring downplay, not this blatant disrespect for one of the original Dark Lords. :scust
Tbf the highest end feats you can pull out of lotr are incredibly flowery and hard to discern. Trying to pull solid 100% objective feats out of the lotr books (during the third era) for the most part is like pulling teeth. Because the author wasn't writing a powerfantasy, he was writing a mythology and that leaves many things intentionally mystical/vague.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Tbf the highest end feats you can pull out of lotr are incredibly flowery and hard to discern. Trying to pull solid 100% objective feats out of the lotr books (during the third era) for the most part is like pulling teeth. Because the author wasn't writing a powerfantasy, he was writing a mythology and that leaves many things intentionally mystical/vague.
There’s no to be fair about it

That’s just lazy. Novels aren’t a visual medium so the description is king. Playing word lawyer and playing pretend that it’s flowery with shit like breaking the mountainside with a corpse for example is about as agenda driven and disingenuous as anything gets in this hobby.

Short of Tolkien rising from the grave and telling us “it’s not literal bro” I’m going to give the nod to how the event is described.

There’s no to be fair about it

That’s just lazy. Novels aren’t a visual medium so the description is king. Playing word lawyer and playing pretend that it’s flowery with shit like breaking the mountainside with a corpse for example is about as agenda driven and disingenuous as anything gets in this hobby.

Short of Tolkien rising from the grave and telling us “it’s not literal bro” I’m going to give the nod to how the event is described.

It is. We are going Spacebattles territory with that type of rhetoric.
We have to hand exceptions to Visual Novels and Novels of the sort because we can't otherwise be able to see the feat at it's best(Even modern day visual novels still rely on what is written more than what's shown as all they do is a bare minimum aide to set the ambience of the scene) or even it's worst.

So yeah, it's basically dumb to say that ESPECIALLY when there are actually parts in Lord of the Rings and The Similarrion which backs up where Sauron stands in the pecking order.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Better throw out every light novel feat that features similes or metaphors :mjgrin
I mean many do? The amount of times something is described as "Fast as lightinig/fast as light" and it's contradicted in the narrative...It's not exactly rare to consider a flowery description nonsense.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I mean many do? The amount of times something is described as "Fast as lightinig/fast as light" and it's contradicted in the narrative...It's not exactly rare to consider a flowery description nonsense.
Gotta go by a case by case basis. Some are obviously figure of speech like the ones you mentioned others aren’t.

What is the quote being argued anyway?

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I mean many do? The amount of times something is described as "Fast as lightinig/fast as light" and it's contradicted in the narrative...It's not exactly rare.
If your contradiction is getting pegged by arrows, that’s not hyperbole, that’s just high and low ends.

In the case of light novels specifically, it’s often not translated properly and was often just a generic “high speed” in japanese to begin with, so that’s still a non-starter

There’s also the matter that “speed of light” has a specific scientific phrasing in the OG language, which, again, leaves the point moot and hyperbole is generally easy to sniff out there

Randomdude

Preeminent
AT the moment none, the threads pretty crap because none of them have even posted any text/feats beyond suaron losing to a few people/radahn having a possible high end and someone complaining they're not using merp Sauron. Id argue it's not even proper downplay at this point nobodies tried to make a serious case/discussion of Sauron's abilities/feats outside him bashing people about in the movies/games. And the discussion on his status as an undead (Which...No)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back