• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
1) how application of force works. Shockwave spread out all across the body infact the spread out in all directions. They also don't responsed to physical objects the same way. If I punch a door my hand is being stopped by the door. Shock waves will instead flow through an object. It's also important to remember the damge is not focused unlike say when you stab someone. To give an example, a modern day Kevlar vest can stop bullets we even have some that can stop a 50 cal, but if you're wearing said vest and step on a land mind, you're ass is grass. This is because objects are desgined to deal with specific applications of force. Surviveing a shock wave does not mean you can survive bullets. There were people in the shock wave at Hiroshima when the bomb went off that survived, they're not immune to bullets.

2) similarly the feat itself can't be taken at face value. For one the cathedral was already falling apart. In the fight chunks of the ceiling the size of a horse were falling. The buildings structure was already compromised. This immediately cast doubt on how strong the blast needed to be to finish the job. That and because of the nature of shockwaves the DB wouldn't even had to take 1/10 of the energy released.
The cathedral was falling apart because Vrythur was pulling down fragments of the ceiling with his own power. The video you post to prove this even says it.
Nah if you got stuff to do man go do it it's just a silly debate, your life's more important.

I will say this it really doesn't look like those rocks are being sent flying (i did mis this bit on my first few watch throughs so thanks for pointing it out) it looks like they're just tumbling down. They're just doing so from the outside because that's were the blast oginated from. I say this because they don't appear to be moving away as to our eyes they don't start shrinking like objects far away do. (This is seen with stuff like speeding cars)
"The rocks are flying but they somehow directly defy physics to just tumble down the mountain."
it's not hard to prove here you can watch the fight before the cathedral collapses it's litteraly falling apart at 2:50 and 4:50. Also we don't really know if they went flying or just tumbled off the mountain our vision is obscured and we only see the end result not how it happened. Also again explosions are omni directional he only took a small part to the face.
Serana literally says as such in the video at 2:50 and 4:50-

THAT'S AFTER THE CHANTRY EXPLODED.

Literally how is it possible to be this dishonest?

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member

People still clinging to that void feat? I thought this was settled even in Fanverse.

No

I got people telling me IRL that Saitama can beat Goku

It's real out here

:mjpls

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
One of the stupidest parts (outside the cherrypicking, nitpicks and deliberate ommission of context) is Dovahkiin when Karhliah shoots them is no where near full strength. You literally have to power up and become a Nightingale to stand any chance against Mercer Frey, and Mercer Frey is very explicitly weaker than Miraak.
So what I'm hearing is, this sandbox someone made for Mercer Frey is correct?

:mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Can indeed confirm this, he knocks down one of the Dwemer towers to impede your journey through the ruin to find him. Shame Mercer was a total pushover by the time you actually get to him after half the story hyped him up endlessly as this badass you couldn’t possibly beat without Nocturnal’s help.

But that’s Bethesda bosses for you.

The fact that you only get the actual buffs that come from being a Nightingale of Nocturnal AFTER you already killed him makes it even more insulting.

Last edited:

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Every country should have a proper powerscaling system in place protected by law. Shit's getting out of hand.

and working at a uni I run into a lot of anime heads who think they know better

Imma direct them here from now on so you guys can educate them

I'm too tired to debate

I'd rather moderate :mjpls

El Hermano

Acclaimed
state mandated powerscaling exams :wow
"SAITAMA CAN BEAT GOKU"
His screams echoed throughout the silent block he lives on. Those were the only words his neighbors have heard from him other than "I'm obliged to inform you that I am a registered sex offender and will be moving next door to you".
That was it for the SpaceBattles admin. His freedom seized yet again but not for his deviance--worse-- the dumb fuck actually thinks Saitama can beat Goku.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Can indeed confirm this, he knocks down one of the Dwemer towers to impede your journey through the ruin to find him. Shame Mercer was a total pushover by the time you actually get to him after half the story hyped him up endlessly as this badass you couldn’t possibly beat without Nocturnal’s help.

But that’s Bethesda bosses for you.

The fact that you only get the actual buffs that come from being a Nightingale of Nocturnal AFTER you already killed him makes it even more insulting.
I absolutely folded that man in fucking half the minute the fight started.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

:giogio

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@Papa Nier @Atem :mjgrin
Going to go out on a limb here and assume ma boy Harry gets a beatdown the likes of which he has done nothing to deserve? :mjpls

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Possibly not. Saitama's new stuff might turn this into a draw. Firstly, its been revealed Saitama isn't even as strong as he can get. Fighting with a worthy opponent causes his strength and speed to continue to increase exponentially. Additionally, Saitama has demonstrated the ability to learn the techniques of others just by observing them, even abilities that he otherwise shouldn't be able to learn, and he can learn their techniques in mere seconds. That means that Saitama can potentially learn Popeye's reality warping techniques and, yes, even learn to harness the magic of spinach. Granted, that might just turn this fight into a draw, but even so, it might not be a Popeye stomp anymore.
Got this from the Saitama vs Popeye DB video.

Dear lord, they're wanking the ever-loving shit out of that one instance with Garou. Regardless of which camp you fall on with the whole space hole shit, I think we can all agree that Saitama is not learning Popeye's reality warping and spinach-based powers just from a few seconds of observation. Jesus Christ. :mjlol

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Got this from the Saitama vs Popeye DB video.

Dear lord, they're wanking the ever-loving shit out of that one instance with Garou. Regardless of which camp you fall on with the whole space hole shit, I think we can all agree that Saitama is not learning Popeye's reality warping and spinach-based powers just from a few seconds of observation. Jesus Christ. :mjlol
Nigga gargling saitamas balls something fierce god damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back